Guitar Hero World Tour

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • purebloodtexan
    FFR Player
    • Oct 2006
    • 2845

    #46
    Re: Guitar Hero IV upcoming with Fall featuring FULL BAND!

    Originally posted by Beethovens mask
    So, it's rock band. yay.
    Well, atleast they added more cymbal-like peripherals. Now I'll probably have a better feel for the instruments as opposed to a row of circles for everything.


    Comment

    • MooMoo_Cowfreak
      Abraxas Hydroplane
      • May 2006
      • 1746

      #47
      Re: Guitar Hero IV upcoming with Fall featuring FULL BAND!

      I just hope it doesn't have the same graphical style as Guitar Hero III.

      I can understand some people liking it, but all the darkness was a little gloomy, so if you were playing Hit me With Your Best Shot or something, a really happy song, it didn't feel right.

      Also, Guitar Hero III didn't have the best song choice. It was all just like metal, which I don't of course mind, but it wasn't as variant as Guitar Hero II Rock Band was awesome in bringing in The New Pornographers. More of them plz.
      Originally posted by hi19hi19
      dumps abstractly represent the song with arrows

      post-dumps abstractly represent the existential nihilism that the song invokes in the listener with negative space, evoking the ephemeral nature of the mind - the journey of stepmania begins in hope yet soon becomes corroded into a dialectic of futility, leaving only a sense of dread and the unlikelihood of a new synthesis

      Comment

      • SithCait22
        FFR Veteran
        • Mar 2005
        • 1093

        #48
        Re: Guitar Hero IV upcoming with Fall featuring FULL BAND!

        Well for the speculation about the guitar

        Taken from gamespot http://www.gamespot.com/news/6192797...wstop;title;14

        During a press briefing this week, Activision and developer Neversoft took the stage with the third proper sequel to Guitar Hero, and gave in-depth looks at many of the previously teased new features. Though the three-pad, two-cymbal drum kit has been known for some time, the game makers showed off World Tour's new guitar, which will feature a multipurpose "touch strip" that, among other uses, accommodates DragonForce-style finger-tapping solos and adds a distortion effect separate from the standard whammy bar.
        Last edited by SithCait22; 06-24-2008, 05:45 PM. Reason: Forgot an "n"
        Playing: DJMAX Technika 2
        Location: Kalahari Resort, Sandusky Ohio
        Join me?

        Comment

        • Squeek
          let it snow~
          • Jan 2004
          • 14444

          #49
          Re: Guitar Hero IV upcoming with Fall featuring FULL BAND!

          Didn't I already post that news? Like a week ago?

          Comment

          • SithCait22
            FFR Veteran
            • Mar 2005
            • 1093

            #50
            Re: Guitar Hero IV upcoming with Fall featuring FULL BAND!

            Maybe, idk, im just putting it here !_!
            Playing: DJMAX Technika 2
            Location: Kalahari Resort, Sandusky Ohio
            Join me?

            Comment

            • Tokzic
              FFR Player
              • May 2005
              • 6878

              #51
              Re: Guitar Hero IV upcoming with Fall featuring FULL BAND!

              that's also already been posted within the thread WAY TO READ GOOD JOB

              Last edited by Tokzic: Today at 11:59 PM. Reason: wait what

              Comment

              • SithCait22
                FFR Veteran
                • Mar 2005
                • 1093

                #52
                Re: Guitar Hero IV upcoming with Fall featuring FULL BAND!

                Oooooo im sorry i made a mistake, jeez, i see no reason to get all pissy about it.
                Playing: DJMAX Technika 2
                Location: Kalahari Resort, Sandusky Ohio
                Join me?

                Comment

                • meno_rocks123
                  FFR Player
                  • Nov 2005
                  • 2324

                  #53
                  Re: Guitar Hero IV upcoming with Fall featuring FULL BAND!

                  Tokzic will fry you like chinese food.

                  Comment

                  • thechild
                    FFR Player
                    • Feb 2007
                    • 1642

                    #54
                    Re: Guitar Hero IV upcoming with Fall featuring FULL BAND!

                    Don't encourage him.

                    Comment

                    • Tokzic
                      FFR Player
                      • May 2005
                      • 6878

                      #55
                      Re: Guitar Hero IV upcoming with Fall featuring FULL BAND!

                      Also, I know about the disclaimer, but this is something that's boggling me.

                      Why is the general response to GH4 excitement, and the general response to Konami's RB clone "BOO THIS IS A RIPOFF", "UGH NOT MORE HARDWARE GO AWAY KONAMI"?

                      I can't imagine why you would be excited about GH4 but not excited about Konami's.

                      Singing, who gives a damn - I can get my singing fix on RB, it'll always be the same and never really get "updated".

                      Drumming - two cymbals and three pads is just dumb, I'm sorry. Filling is going to feel entirely unnatural on GH4's kit. Konami has it right for drumming.

                      Guitar - hard to say with Konami leaking ABSOLUTELY NOTHING about it, but GH4's new guitar simply isn't exciting me. Oooh, a touch pad! From what I'm told, it only applies to making custom tracks, and beyond that, it's just a normal controller. EXCITING. ORIGINAL. BETTER MAKE A NEW CONTROLLER OVER IT.

                      Features - Konami has the custom track feature too. That's really the only thing that's being brought to the table.

                      My honest guess here is that Harmonix is going to sweep this generation. They're the ones with the innovation, and they're the ones with a marketing team that isn't completely retarded. Notice how they've been keeping hush hush about RB2? I bet it's because they have features that they don't want copied immediately by their competition.

                      Regardless, back to the main point. From the response I've been seeing to Konami, I think they're getting a raw deal here. They're being treated like they're the last ones to the party, when in reality, Activision hasn't even joined yet. Konami announced almost at the same time as GH4, and you don't exactly plan these things overnight, so I'm pretty sure they were planning at the same time as Activision. Not after. Don't act like GH4 got there first, because they didn't.

                      So tell me. If you're excited about GH4, and not excited about Rock Revolution, why?
                      Last edited by Tokzic; 06-25-2008, 12:42 AM.

                      Last edited by Tokzic: Today at 11:59 PM. Reason: wait what

                      Comment

                      • Biff_tech
                        so the 17 ate the 12 eh.
                        • Oct 2004
                        • 826

                        #56
                        Re: Guitar Hero IV upcoming with Fall featuring FULL BAND!

                        Originally posted by Tokzic
                        So tell me. If you're excited about GH4, and not excited about Rock Revolution, why?
                        To simply put it the way this drum scheme is going were eventually gonna have a full kit. I'm not saying i'm not into realism but 4 pads is enough for a drum kit, 5 is pushing the envelope and 6 (7 + kick) well that's were I draw the line with rock revolution. Plus I hate the way the notes scroll and the look of them. Then again I'm not a huge fan of GH either I just wish they make a METAL kick already christ.
                        CLICK \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/

                        Sig by Darkmonkey AKA Clowd

                        Comment

                        • Squeek
                          let it snow~
                          • Jan 2004
                          • 14444

                          #57
                          Re: Guitar Hero IV upcoming with Fall featuring FULL BAND!

                          Konami's approach to the music genre has always been filled with horrible songs.

                          The entire draw to Guitar Hero was that it WASN'T a Konami game. No overused J-Pop songs in Guitar Hero. Only things the average American likes.

                          Since they haven't released information on the tracks yet, who knows what it will end up being?

                          Comment

                          • Tokzic
                            FFR Player
                            • May 2005
                            • 6878

                            #58
                            Re: Guitar Hero IV upcoming with Fall featuring FULL BAND!

                            Originally posted by Squeek
                            Since they haven't released information on the tracks yet, who knows what it will end up being?
                            Originally posted by konami
                            "All the Small Things" - Blink 182
                            "Sk8er Boi" - Avril Lavigne
                            "Dr. Feelgood" - Mötley Crüe
                            "Bad Reputation" - Joan Jett
                            "Joker & The Thief" - Wolfmother
                            "Pain" - Jimmy Eat World
                            "Paralyzer" - Finger Eleven
                            "Somebody Told Me" - The Killers
                            "Walk" - Pantera
                            "We're Not Gonna Take It" - Twisted Sister
                            "Magic Man" - Heart
                            "Round and Round" - Ratt
                            "Pull Me Under" - Dream Theater
                            "Highway Star" - Deep Purple
                            "Cum on Feel the Noize" - Quiet Riot
                            "Dirty Little Secret" - The All-American Rejects
                            what

                            Last edited by Tokzic: Today at 11:59 PM. Reason: wait what

                            Comment

                            • Squeek
                              let it snow~
                              • Jan 2004
                              • 14444

                              #59
                              Re: Guitar Hero IV upcoming with Fall featuring FULL BAND!

                              One good song.

                              Pains me to see Jimmy Eat World among so many terrible bands in a hopeless failure of a game but that's how it is.

                              Seriously, skater boy? Just the thought of having to sing/play that to pass one venue makes me vomit profusely.

                              You know what I like about GHWT's list so far? I don't have to sing songs I hate. Not only do I not hate them, I actually enjoy them. I know the words to them already and it'll actually be fun to see how well I can do it.
                              Last edited by Squeek; 06-26-2008, 12:42 AM.

                              Comment

                              • Tokzic
                                FFR Player
                                • May 2005
                                • 6878

                                #60
                                Re: Guitar Hero IV upcoming with Fall featuring FULL BAND!

                                Originally posted by Squeek
                                sing
                                No vocals in Rock Revolution.

                                here you apparently haven't seen this so go look



                                also while i was looking for that i found more tracks oops

                                Originally posted by Konami
                                • "Walk" by Pantera
                                • "Am I Evil?" by Metallica
                                • "Blitzkreig Bop" by The Ramones
                                • "Chop Suey" by System of a Down
                                • "Dance Dance" by Fall Out Boy
                                • "Last Resort" by Papa Roach
                                • "No One Like You" by Scorpions
                                • "Spoonman" by Soundgarden
                                • "Youth Gone Wild" by Skid Row
                                Also, "emo bands"? What? In that first list, there were zero emo bands. What are you talking about?

                                Last edited by Tokzic: Today at 11:59 PM. Reason: wait what

                                Comment

                                Working...