Guitar Hero World Tour

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • P0pp3t M4st3r
    FFR Player
    • Oct 2008
    • 11

    #181
    Re: Guitar Hero World Tour

    Originally posted by Afrobean
    Actually, the drum kits have been having MAJOR problems across the board.



    "They can pick up the standalone version of World Tour and use [the Rock Band] instruments, and when they break they can buy ours."

    Indeed.
    Actually, yeah. That's what my red pad did too rofl. +1 on your part =D

    Comment

    • ddr_f4n
      FFR Player
      • Sep 2005
      • 3807

      #182
      Re: Guitar Hero World Tour

      Originally posted by Afrombean
      From what I've heard, the 3 extension cymbals for RB are not compatible with GH at all. If you play GH with RB drums, you must use pads. And as was said, it's only compatible with 4.

      If they know what's good for them though, they'll patch it to support the extension cymbals, and do it in a way so that the 5 lanes are playable as they are on the GH kit. At the very least, they could have collapsed the cymbals to the RB kit's blue (or yellow) and green pads. But then again, that still wouldn't fix the issue of the RB cymbals not being compatible. Maybe they'll just wait until the next generation to get better compatibility.
      Might as well the the drums and game then. I want the five. If I want to keep four, I'd stick with Rock Band.

      Any idea how much the standalone drums are?
      Out Now!


      Older Releases:
      Vocaloid: Project Pad Pack 3rd
      Gpop's Pack of Original Pad Simfiles
      東方幻想踊 (Touhou Gensouyou) ~ Illusionary Dance Fantasy & Vocaloid: Project Pad Pack 2nd

      Comment

      • thechild
        FFR Player
        • Feb 2007
        • 1642

        #183
        Re: Guitar Hero World Tour

        My ion doesnt work! ):

        Comment

        • dashoe93
          Alphabet Crowd
          FFR Simfile Author
          • Nov 2005
          • 2950

          #184
          Re: Guitar Hero World Tour

          Well I found the problem with the guitar. When you hold down a note, you can use the slider bar (or whatever its called) to play the notes. So if it senses anything while you're playing, It will try to play a note and you will miss. So I turned it off and it worked fine.

          But the drums are a complete wreck. Niether cymbals work ok. They sometimes register and sometimes dont. The petal is also a piece of crap. If you press down on it, it does a beat as usual. Then when you lift it, it also does a beat, which also ruins it.

          Drums need a fixin.

          Comment

          • argo15
            FFR Veteran
            • May 2006
            • 1863

            #185
            Re: Guitar Hero World Tour

            rock band instruments work very well on it.

            Comment

            • Tired_Old_Man
              FFR Player
              • Jan 2008
              • 259

              #186
              Re: Guitar Hero World Tour

              okay I read as much of this thread as I could soooo...if I use my rockband drums on world tour it automatically makes the charts just 4 pads? that has to affect scores and such right? and the ion drums that I just ordered won't work at all??
              "man is a pupil, pain is his teacher" - Alfred de Musset

              Comment

              • iceefudgesickle
                FFR Veteran
                • Aug 2008
                • 481

                #187
                Re: Guitar Hero World Tour

                I have the RB2 drums, do they work fine on GHWT? I know they're compatible but not if they're preferable... and which guitar is better? I'm thinking of getting the GHWT+Guitar bundle and using my RB2 drums with the game.

                Comment

                • Tired_Old_Man
                  FFR Player
                  • Jan 2008
                  • 259

                  #188
                  Re: Guitar Hero World Tour

                  since ffr kids are non-helpful douches I'll answer my own question. World tour makes the chart into 4 pads but it's still the same chart. My Ion rocker works fine with it.


                  Originally posted by Tired_Old_Man
                  okay I read as much of this thread as I could soooo...if I use my rockband drums on world tour it automatically makes the charts just 4 pads? that has to affect scores and such right? and the ion drums that I just ordered won't work at all??
                  "man is a pupil, pain is his teacher" - Alfred de Musset

                  Comment

                  • Tokzic
                    FFR Player
                    • May 2005
                    • 6878

                    #189
                    Re: Guitar Hero World Tour

                    hey tom

                    Originally posted by Afrombean
                    From what I've heard, the 3 extension cymbals for RB are not compatible with GH at all. If you play GH with RB drums, you must use pads. And as was said, it's only compatible with 4.

                    If they know what's good for them though, they'll patch it to support the extension cymbals, and do it in a way so that the 5 lanes are playable as they are on the GH kit. At the very least, they could have collapsed the cymbals to the RB kit's blue (or yellow) and green pads. But then again, that still wouldn't fix the issue of the RB cymbals not being compatible. Maybe they'll just wait until the next generation to get better compatibility.

                    Last edited by Tokzic: Today at 11:59 PM. Reason: wait what

                    Comment

                    • Tired_Old_Man
                      FFR Player
                      • Jan 2008
                      • 259

                      #190
                      Re: Guitar Hero World Tour

                      Originally posted by Tokzic
                      hey tom

                      Yeah and like I said I didn't have time to read that far, I's a busy man
                      "man is a pupil, pain is his teacher" - Alfred de Musset

                      Comment

                      • EnR
                        Massive flaming dildos.
                        FFR Simfile Author
                        • Jul 2007
                        • 8431

                        #191
                        Re: Guitar Hero World Tour

                        But you have time to play RB and GHWT.
                        sigpic

                        Comment

                        • thechild
                          FFR Player
                          • Feb 2007
                          • 1642

                          #192
                          Re: Guitar Hero World Tour

                          Originally posted by Tired_Old_Man
                          since ffr kids are non-helpful douches I'll answer my own question. World tour makes the chart into 4 pads but it's still the same chart. My Ion rocker works fine with it.
                          Yeah after the update. Didn't for like first 5 days.

                          Comment

                          • Nyokou
                            ( ̄ー ̄)
                            • Apr 2005
                            • 4247

                            #193
                            Re: Guitar Hero World Tour

                            I got this game for Christmas... for my brothers. Erm, the only question I have is... well, I was running short on money at the time so I only bought the guitar bundle, but are the mic and drum set sold separately? If so, where? And for how much?
                            Snapchat: icequeenilse

                            Comment

                            • ddr_f4n
                              FFR Player
                              • Sep 2005
                              • 3807

                              #194
                              Re: Guitar Hero World Tour

                              BTW for those who didn't know for some odd reason or not...

                              They released a USB HUB or something that fixes your drum's sensitivity. It allows you to connect to your computer and you must download this program which is located here.

                              Oh, I got the game, but my 360 got the RRoD as soon as I tried to play it =(
                              Out Now!


                              Older Releases:
                              Vocaloid: Project Pad Pack 3rd
                              Gpop's Pack of Original Pad Simfiles
                              東方幻想踊 (Touhou Gensouyou) ~ Illusionary Dance Fantasy & Vocaloid: Project Pad Pack 2nd

                              Comment

                              • dore
                                caveman pornstar
                                FFR Simfile Author
                                FFR Music Producer
                                • Feb 2006
                                • 6317

                                #195
                                Re: Guitar Hero World Tour

                                I played for the first time yesterday. Guitar was guitar, can't really say anything unless I get it and get to play through everything. The drum setup worked more fluidly than I expected, though the particular set I was playing on (one of my friend's) only had a good red pad, decent yellow pad, and ****ty everything else. Dunno if that's an aberration or a consistent concern. They seemed to work better at different velocities but I didn't play around enough to experiment on what worked better for each pad/cymbal. I wish they had used a larger kit still but the transition from RB to WT wasn't nearly as hard as I expected, I just had to think a lot harder while I was playing. I haven't tried vocals yet but since I already know I hate the engine I'm really in no hurry

                                On a side note playing RB on a WT set is weird as hell. It works but DAYUM is it confusing.

                                EDIT: After a slightly more in-depth session I realized the cymbals definitely work better when I tapped them lightly. The pads seemed to have a sweet spot slightly harder than the cymbals but they were still pretty inconsistent and since they're rarely used I didn't really have a chance to experiment. I'm still not a fan of the whole two cymbal thing but it works alright I guess, it works in that the relative motions are semi realistic but still doubling crash and hihat just feels weird.

                                also BYOB is nucking futs with ****ty cymbals
                                Last edited by dore; 12-11-2008, 04:32 PM.
                                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IREnpHco9mw

                                Comment

                                Working...