Guitar Hero World Tour

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Xx{Midnight}xX
    FFR Player
    • Aug 2007
    • 8548

    #31
    Re: Guitar Hero IV upcoming with Fall featuring FULL BAND!

    Originally posted by EnR
    They still need a GH :Metal.

    With stuff like Dream Theater, As I Lay Dying, All That Remains, Trivium, Dragonforce, ect..
    Never seen such great words! Add some In Flames of course. I also have only been able to play guitar hero once and it was through the fire and flames... I don't get why i missed so many even on medium...

    Comment

    • SethSquall
      FFR Player
      • Mar 2004
      • 5477

      #32
      Re: Guitar Hero IV upcoming with Fall featuring FULL BAND!

      To be honest I'd care more about in game footage.

      Also, they should of just scraped GH: Aero****e and GH: Mettaligay and just released packs to download for GH4. Much better idea than releasing two games that will flop.
      Originally posted by Tibs
      I love you, you Welsh ****

      Comment

      • ddr_f4n
        FFR Player
        • Sep 2005
        • 3807

        #33
        Re: Guitar Hero IV upcoming with Fall featuring FULL BAND!

        I wonder why they haven't released gameplay videos yet?

        I also agree that they need to AT LEAST change their name to Band Hero. A lot less controversial. If you call it Guitar Hero, it's suppose to focus on the guitar.

        Lol at copying Harmonix's idea with solo buttons on the guitar. Have they made ANYTHING original in this game besides the cymbals on the drum set?

        One more thing. They need to add at least ONE more drum pad. It won't for songs such as Run to the Hills for obvious reasons. And if there will be metal songs in it, put an extra bass pedal. The drum charts in Rock Band looks bad on those double bass parts.
        Last edited by ddr_f4n; 06-23-2008, 12:47 PM.
        Out Now!


        Older Releases:
        Vocaloid: Project Pad Pack 3rd
        Gpop's Pack of Original Pad Simfiles
        東方幻想踊 (Touhou Gensouyou) ~ Illusionary Dance Fantasy & Vocaloid: Project Pad Pack 2nd

        Comment

        • Mr.Nothing
          R.I.P. Steve <3
          • Aug 2007
          • 1227

          #34
          Re: Guitar Hero IV upcoming with Fall featuring FULL BAND!

          Originally posted by purebloodtexan
          Metal from a limited source of musicians and songs, which is the point I'm trying to get across. What makes you think that people only want songs and artists that have been influenced by Metallica?
          The same reason people want just songs influenced by Aerosmith. Dore is right here, by far.

          Originally posted by TheRapingDragon
          Why are they still calling themselves GUITAR hero then?

          I mean shouldn't it now be called BAND hero or something. They aren't exactly guitar exclusive. I would always get this (or rock band) if they went down in price.
          And keeping the original name will keep publicity high, and the name with be in everyone's mouths already.

          Comment

          • purebloodtexan
            FFR Player
            • Oct 2006
            • 2845

            #35
            Re: Guitar Hero IV upcoming with Fall featuring FULL BAND!

            Originally posted by Mr.Nothing
            The same reason people want just songs influenced by Aerosmith. Dore is right here, by far.
            Forgive me, I meant songs in the genre of metal in general. By that I mean that I don't think that people just think of Metallica-esque bands when they want to hear the phrase "metal music."

            Originally posted by Mr.Nothing
            And keeping the original name will keep publicity high, and the name with be in everyone's mouths already.
            Keeping publicity high shouldn't depend solely on the game's title. They can just as easily present the game as Activision Presents [Insert name here].


            Comment

            • EnR
              Massive flaming dildos.
              FFR Simfile Author
              • Jul 2007
              • 8431

              #36
              Re: Guitar Hero IV upcoming with Fall featuring FULL BAND!

              Originally posted by SethSquall
              To be honest I'd care more about in game footage.

              Also, they should of just scraped GH: Aero****e and GH: Mettaligay and just released packs to download for GH4. Much better idea than releasing two games that will flop.
              This.... Is the best thing I've read in this thread.

              They could just do like Rock Band and sell intire Albums.
              sigpic

              Comment

              • purebloodtexan
                FFR Player
                • Oct 2006
                • 2845

                #37
                Re: Guitar Hero IV upcoming with Fall featuring FULL BAND!

                Originally posted by EnR
                This.... Is the best thing I've read in this thread.

                They could just do like Rock Band and sell intire Albums.
                I wholeheartedly agree with both of y'all, but Activision, even if they realized that they could sell them as packages, probably want to sell them as separate games to get more money out of them.


                Comment

                • Squeek
                  let it snow~
                  • Jan 2004
                  • 14444

                  #38
                  Re: Guitar Hero IV upcoming with Fall featuring FULL BAND!

                  Originally posted by ddr_f4n
                  I wonder why they haven't released gameplay videos yet?

                  I also agree that they need to AT LEAST change their name to Band Hero. A lot less controversial. If you call it Guitar Hero, it's suppose to focus on the guitar.

                  Lol at copying Harmonix's idea with solo buttons on the guitar. Have they made ANYTHING original in this game besides the cymbals on the drum set?

                  One more thing. They need to add at least ONE more drum pad. It won't for songs such as Run to the Hills for obvious reasons. And if there will be metal songs in it, put an extra bass pedal. The drum charts in Rock Band looks bad on those double bass parts.
                  The guitar's second set of frets are not solo buttons. They're just touchpads. They're for the custom-music maker.

                  What else is original? The bass guitar now has six notes. The drums have six notes. The songs are all Master tracks for the first time in guitar rhythm game history and they have the most tracks of any other guitar rhythm game. They're letting your write your own songs within the game and send them to other people.

                  What more do you need?

                  Comment

                  • dAnceguy117
                    new hand moves = dab
                    FFR Simfile Author
                    • Dec 2002
                    • 10103

                    #39
                    Re: Guitar Hero IV upcoming with Fall featuring FULL BAND!

                    Originally posted by purebloodtexan
                    Metal from a limited source of musicians and songs, which is the point I'm trying to get across. What makes you think that people only want songs and artists that have been influenced by Metallica?
                    what makes you think activision/neversoft is going to give you such a game that would be so unpopular

                    I realize you're just explaining ideas you would like to see be carried out, but you're nitpicking dore's comments on what you can realistically expect to happen

                    Comment

                    • purebloodtexan
                      FFR Player
                      • Oct 2006
                      • 2845

                      #40
                      Re: Guitar Hero IV upcoming with Fall featuring FULL BAND!

                      Originally posted by dAnceguy117
                      what makes you think activision/neversoft is going to give you such a game that would be so unpopular

                      I realize you're just explaining ideas you would like to see be carried out, but you're nitpicking dore's comments on what you can realistically expect to happen
                      So you honestly think that Activision is going to cover the ENTIRE METAL GENRE with just a handful of artists? I seriously doubt that Neversoft developers are going to just think of Metallica and its similar artists when they hears the words "metal music," whether they make a Guitar Hero: Metal or not.


                      Comment

                      • dAnceguy117
                        new hand moves = dab
                        FFR Simfile Author
                        • Dec 2002
                        • 10103

                        #41
                        Re: Guitar Hero IV upcoming with Fall featuring FULL BAND!

                        Originally posted by purebloodtexan
                        So you honestly think that Activision is going to cover the ENTIRE METAL GENRE with just a handful of artists?
                        I don't, but I do think that's the closest they'll come with a Guitar Hero game

                        unless they keep these idiotic little side project things going for about ten years

                        Comment

                        • thechild
                          FFR Player
                          • Feb 2007
                          • 1642

                          #42
                          Re: Guitar Hero IV upcoming with Fall featuring FULL BAND!

                          Ok, Konami is officially retarded. They are actually trying to compete with RockBand 2 and GH IV this Fall by making a crappy, no.. worse than crappy, copy of RockBand. The game is called Rock Revolution, youtube it.

                          Comment

                          • purebloodtexan
                            FFR Player
                            • Oct 2006
                            • 2845

                            #43
                            Re: Guitar Hero IV upcoming with Fall featuring FULL BAND!

                            Originally posted by thechild
                            Ok, Konami is officially retarded. They are actually trying to compete with RockBand 2 and GH IV this Fall by making a crappy, no.. worse than crappy, copy of RockBand. The game is called Rock Revolution, youtube it.
                            The news is somewhat old, but true. It seems that Konami is trying their hands at mixing DrumMania and GuitarFreaks under a new concept.


                            Comment

                            • ddr_f4n
                              FFR Player
                              • Sep 2005
                              • 3807

                              #44
                              Re: Guitar Hero IV upcoming with Fall featuring FULL BAND!

                              When I heard of this, I was thinking of a reason NOT to bring GuitarFreaks/Drummania to the US to compete...














































                              But I couldn't. Konami, you're an idiot.
                              Out Now!


                              Older Releases:
                              Vocaloid: Project Pad Pack 3rd
                              Gpop's Pack of Original Pad Simfiles
                              東方幻想踊 (Touhou Gensouyou) ~ Illusionary Dance Fantasy & Vocaloid: Project Pad Pack 2nd

                              Comment

                              • Beethovens mask
                                FFR Veteran
                                • Dec 2007
                                • 1569

                                #45
                                Re: Guitar Hero IV upcoming with Fall featuring FULL BAND!

                                So, it's rock band. yay.
                                Originally posted by fastfingers65
                                beethoven youre terrible at speaking like a moron

                                Comment

                                Working...