Guitar Hero World Tour

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • dore
    caveman pornstar
    FFR Simfile Author
    FFR Music Producer
    • Feb 2006
    • 6317

    #166
    Re: Guitar Hero World Tour

    I kinda like the 3 minute cap in that it will force beginners to compose music that's more to-the-point than most popular music. With instrumentals you simply can't do the standard intro verse chorus verse chorus bridge chorus outro format and have it be interesting at all. At least with the cap it'll force the music to be less repetitive and more terse.

    It sucks that it's not completely open-ended like we all wish it would be but ultimately I think this is a good decision for the overall quality of the content.
    Last edited by dore; 09-21-2008, 04:46 PM.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IREnpHco9mw

    Comment

    • Afrombean
      FFR Player
      • Feb 2007
      • 285

      #167
      Re: Guitar Hero World Tour

      Originally posted by dore
      I kinda like the 3 minute cap in that it will force beginners to compose music that's more to-the-point than most popular music. With instrumentals you simply can't do the standard intro verse chorus verse chorus bridge chorus outro format and have it be interesting at all. At least with the cap it'll force the music to be less repetitive and more terse.

      It sucks that it's not completely open-ended like we all wish it would be but ultimately I think this is a good decision for the overall quality of the content.
      While we're at it, make it so that you have to pass a test on advanced melodic theory before you can create tracks. You know, for the good of the overall quality of the content.

      Comment

      • tha Guardians
        MCDC 2011
        • Nov 2006
        • 1680

        #168
        Re: Guitar Hero World Tour

        Tomorrow night!
        I'm realllllly excited.

        Originally posted by sonic-fast-fingers
        can someone clarrify what QFT means my friend told me its quit ****ing talking, but im not 100 percent sure

        Originally posted by Synthlight
        I need a car that drives itself completely automated and I want it for free and it needs infinite gas mileage.

        Cheers,

        Synthlight

        Comment

        • P0pp3t M4st3r
          FFR Player
          • Oct 2008
          • 11

          #169
          Re: Guitar Hero World Tour

          yeah they got it in stores in my area, and they're not releasing it until tomorrow.

          Comment

          • tha Guardians
            MCDC 2011
            • Nov 2006
            • 1680

            #170
            Re: Guitar Hero World Tour

            I'm gonna start calling around soon to see if any stores nearby are releasing it at midnight or earlier

            GAME.
            IS.
            AMAZING!!!
            Last edited by tha Guardians; 10-26-2008, 05:31 AM.

            Originally posted by sonic-fast-fingers
            can someone clarrify what QFT means my friend told me its quit ****ing talking, but im not 100 percent sure

            Originally posted by Synthlight
            I need a car that drives itself completely automated and I want it for free and it needs infinite gas mileage.

            Cheers,

            Synthlight

            Comment

            • dashoe93
              Alphabet Crowd
              FFR Simfile Author
              • Nov 2005
              • 2950

              #171
              Re: Guitar Hero World Tour

              I finaly got this game and to be honest, I was disappointed. (It might be because I have a Wii, but I dont really know) For some reason, The cymbals on the kit wherent working and caused many random misses. Also when playing the guitar alone (and with a band) it randomly misses for no absolute reason even without touching it. This really confused me and almost caused me to fail the song at the begining. I dont know how its working with the Xbox and the PS3, but I bet it works better.

              If anyone smart can tell me why its not working properly, then go ahead because this is really stupid. I mean the game is great, its just that random misses ruin the fun.

              Comment

              • P0pp3t M4st3r
                FFR Player
                • Oct 2008
                • 11

                #172
                Re: Guitar Hero World Tour

                Most likely because there was a different developer for the Wii because when I got it for the 360, it worked perfect.

                Read this For ref: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guitar_Hero_IV

                Comment

                • Afrobean
                  Admiral in the Red Army
                  • Dec 2003
                  • 13262

                  #173
                  Re: Guitar Hero World Tour

                  Actually, the drum kits have been having MAJOR problems across the board.



                  "They can pick up the standalone version of World Tour and use [the Rock Band] instruments, and when they break they can buy ours."

                  Indeed.

                  Comment

                  • ddr_f4n
                    FFR Player
                    • Sep 2005
                    • 3807

                    #174
                    Re: Guitar Hero World Tour

                    Originally posted by Afrobean
                    Actually, the drum kits have been having MAJOR problems across the board.



                    "They can pick up the standalone version of World Tour and use [the Rock Band] instruments, and when they break they can buy ours."

                    Indeed.
                    Any idea where I can buy the cymbals for the RB2 drums? None of my stores seems to sell theme.

                    And I'm guessing that I should just buy the game itself and play with the Guitar Hero 3 guitar and the RB2 drums then.
                    Out Now!


                    Older Releases:
                    Vocaloid: Project Pad Pack 3rd
                    Gpop's Pack of Original Pad Simfiles
                    東方幻想踊 (Touhou Gensouyou) ~ Illusionary Dance Fantasy & Vocaloid: Project Pad Pack 2nd

                    Comment

                    • ddranthony92
                      FFR Player
                      • Jan 2007
                      • 487

                      #175
                      Re: Guitar Hero World Tour

                      Originally posted by ddr_f4n
                      Any idea where I can buy the cymbals for the RB2 drums? None of my stores seems to sell theme.

                      And I'm guessing that I should just buy the game itself and play with the Guitar Hero 3 guitar and the RB2 drums then.
                      They have them at Gamestop.com, so just go to your local Gamestop and get a gift card with around $35 on it, and order the cymbals online, or use a credit card.
                      XBL Gamertag: ddranthony92
                      Games:
                      Call of Duty 4
                      Rock Band
                      Rock Band 2

                      Wanna see ?!?!?

                      How about my !?!?!

                      Comment

                      • tha Guardians
                        MCDC 2011
                        • Nov 2006
                        • 1680

                        #176
                        Re: Guitar Hero World Tour

                        World Tour is GODLY!!!
                        I've had no problems with it whatsoever.
                        In fact, I made a custom song entitled Warmups, and it's currently ranked 1, yes, ONE, on the top rated all time section in GHTunes, passing several songs from the developers themselves.

                        Pic is as follows:
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	GHWTFZOMG.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	178.3 KB
ID:	5247361

                        I encourage you all to download it on Xbox Live and give it a good rating
                        [happyface]
                        Last edited by tha Guardians; 10-26-2008, 07:43 PM.

                        Originally posted by sonic-fast-fingers
                        can someone clarrify what QFT means my friend told me its quit ****ing talking, but im not 100 percent sure

                        Originally posted by Synthlight
                        I need a car that drives itself completely automated and I want it for free and it needs infinite gas mileage.

                        Cheers,

                        Synthlight

                        Comment

                        • ddr_f4n
                          FFR Player
                          • Sep 2005
                          • 3807

                          #177
                          Re: Guitar Hero World Tour

                          Originally posted by ddranthony92
                          They have them at Gamestop.com, so just go to your local Gamestop and get a gift card with around $35 on it, and order the cymbals online, or use a credit card.
                          Too bad Gamestop doesn't exist in Canada.

                          I'll see if I can buy it online though.

                          Though I have another question =/

                          I heard that when you plug in RB drums, only four notes shows up instead of the five. If I add cymbals, will I get five?
                          Out Now!


                          Older Releases:
                          Vocaloid: Project Pad Pack 3rd
                          Gpop's Pack of Original Pad Simfiles
                          東方幻想踊 (Touhou Gensouyou) ~ Illusionary Dance Fantasy & Vocaloid: Project Pad Pack 2nd

                          Comment

                          • Xiaounlimited
                            Eaguru
                            • Jul 2005
                            • 2832

                            #178
                            Re: Guitar Hero World Tour

                            Originally posted by ddr_f4n
                            Too bad Gamestop doesn't exist in Canada.
                            There's one right by my house.

                            (EBGames is operated by the same company as Gamestop up here, though. You can check that out, if that helps.)
                            Why would you put that in your signature? You've lost your signature rights for a month. (You'll get them back on March 10th, 2012.)

                            Comment

                            • ddr_f4n
                              FFR Player
                              • Sep 2005
                              • 3807

                              #179
                              Re: Guitar Hero World Tour

                              Originally posted by Xiaounlimited
                              There's one right by my house.

                              (EBGames is operated by the same company as Gamestop up here, though. You can check that out, if that helps.)
                              Ah, didn't know >.<

                              Well then in that case I have one just 5 minutes away (biking) from school then.
                              Out Now!


                              Older Releases:
                              Vocaloid: Project Pad Pack 3rd
                              Gpop's Pack of Original Pad Simfiles
                              東方幻想踊 (Touhou Gensouyou) ~ Illusionary Dance Fantasy & Vocaloid: Project Pad Pack 2nd

                              Comment

                              • Afrombean
                                FFR Player
                                • Feb 2007
                                • 285

                                #180
                                Re: Guitar Hero World Tour

                                Originally posted by ddr_f4n
                                Too bad Gamestop doesn't exist in Canada.

                                I'll see if I can buy it online though.

                                Though I have another question =/

                                I heard that when you plug in RB drums, only four notes shows up instead of the five. If I add cymbals, will I get five?
                                From what I've heard, the 3 extension cymbals for RB are not compatible with GH at all. If you play GH with RB drums, you must use pads. And as was said, it's only compatible with 4.

                                If they know what's good for them though, they'll patch it to support the extension cymbals, and do it in a way so that the 5 lanes are playable as they are on the GH kit. At the very least, they could have collapsed the cymbals to the RB kit's blue (or yellow) and green pads. But then again, that still wouldn't fix the issue of the RB cymbals not being compatible. Maybe they'll just wait until the next generation to get better compatibility.

                                Comment

                                Working...