Of what value are credits to you?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • i love you
    Live a wonderful life~
    FFR Simfile Author
    • Oct 2006
    • 7315

    #16
    Re: Of what value are credits to you?

    As long as i have at least 1,000,000 credits on me, i could care less about the leftovers i have
    ===============================
    The idea that RDCP 3 may come out in the future is a fun thought to have~
    ===============================

    Comment

    • ichliebekase
      FFR Simfile Author
      FFR Simfile Author
      • May 2006
      • 3213

      #17
      Re: Of what value are credits to you?

      Originally posted by kmay
      inactives ~cough~
      This really does need to be taken into consideration with the amount of credits in the system. Maybe go through the accounts that haven't been used since a certain year and get rid of their credits? See how many you extract out of that :/ Although that'd probably be a very strenuous activity to finish depending on the resources available.
      Glorious Morning - Misc, level 48
      We Will Fly - Dance 2, level 53
      =.The Ocean.= - Dance 2, level 56, collab with krunkykai22
      Garden Party - Dance, level 38

      Comment

      • darkshark
        Nothing.
        • Nov 2004
        • 4189

        #18
        Re: Of what value are credits to you?

        Originally posted by Sprite-
        But unlike the economy, only a certain amount of credits are able to be held in one account. If things keep inflating, theoretically that cap will eventually be hit.
        Raise the credit cap. Not even sure why the cap is what it is, pretty sure it could easily be bumped up to a 32bit signed number cap of 2.14 billion.

        Though I do also kinda like the thought of dividing peoples credits.

        Comment

        • kommisar
          Dark Chancellor
          FFR Simfile Author
          FFR Music Producer
          • Jun 2005
          • 7328

          #19
          Re: Of what value are credits to you?

          hah imagine life with a money cap

          Comment

          • MixMasterLar
            Beach Bum Extraordinaire
            FFR Simfile Author
            • Aug 2006
            • 5401

            #20
            Re: Of what value are credits to you?

            I always thought unlocking things in a music (or fighting) game was worthless. I should be able to play whatever song I want out of the box.

            This is why I didnt get along with Street Fighter 4.
            ​

            Comment

            • TC_Halogen
              Rhythm game specialist.
              FFR Simfile Author
              FFR Music Producer
              • Feb 2008
              • 19376

              #21
              Re: Of what value are credits to you?

              Some people have worked hard to get their credits, regardless of their meaning. The best way to tend to this would be to increase the overall value of credits by increasing prices on purchased songs/secret songs.

              Credit cap counteracts inflation, by the way.

              EDIT: didn't notice Sprite- said something about that, oops lol

              Comment

              • Garquillex
                FFR Veteran
                • Oct 2005
                • 965

                #22
                Re: Of what value are credits to you?

                Originally posted by Mans0n
                Maybe just divide everyone's credits by like 4, and make them that much more valuable again
                heeeeelllllllll no, I'll be lucky if I ever play all the songs as is

                And we'd just be back to where we are now in a year or two anyway. The only way to give value to credits for the rich is to have more things to buy.

                But then only .5% of the population would be able to buy them anyway, and the people who aren't rich would have to choose between songs and them. And since the Secret genre and Purchased genre already collide, the whole credit system was designed to never work out later on.

                Comment

                • qqwref
                  stepmania archaeologist
                  FFR Simfile Author
                  • Aug 2005
                  • 4092

                  #23
                  Re: Of what value are credits to you?

                  If it's still going to take a certain amount of time/credit to get them by actual playing, I don't see any need to worry about inflation. A new player will still have to play for the same amount of time to get a certain amount of credits. Increasing the prices of purchased/secret songs will just make sure that the only people who will ever get to try the higher ones are older players who have already amassed small fortunes through years of playing. The only reason there are more credits in active circulation is because more people are actively playing (+ a few people who can hack credits).

                  If anyone's really worried about credit inflation, I suggest making a credit sink. The gambling thing kinda worked, but it was a bit too easy for one person to end up with multiple millions. Maybe you could allow people to trade in something like 100,000 credits for being a Veteran for a month - but those credits would then be gone from the economy.
                  Best AAA: Policy In The Sky [Oni] (81)
                  Best SDG: PANTS (86)
                  Best FC: Future Invasion (93)

                  Comment

                  • Crashfan3
                    FFR Player
                    • Nov 2006
                    • 2937

                    #24
                    Re: Of what value are credits to you?

                    At the moment I have 247,018 credits. I play about two dozen games of FFR a month, at most.

                    IIRC I won a shitload of credits in some contest a while back... I've only actually earned about 1/5 of what I have.

                    Credits are only useful to the FFR player. Seeing as I lost any skill I ever had when the site when down and it doesn't look like I'm getting it back, it's just a number to me now.

                    Comment

                    • Superfreak04
                      D7 Elite Keymasher
                      • Jan 2007
                      • 2407

                      #25
                      Re: Of what value are credits to you?

                      I don't see a point in credits. When I think of FFR, I think of DDR as well. The point of the game is just to play the songs and try to get the best grade that you can on every song. Unlocking songs are also something that is in DDR. "Get a AA on the last stage to unlock Max 300". That, I can deal with. In FFR, it's known as skill tokens. "Doing a certain objective to gain something else". But, buying a song is a waste of time IMO, just forces a player to play the game an X amount of times to get one song. And it's quite annoying to have new players beg for credits since they don't want to spend all day playing the game to unlock one simple song, then have to re-do it all over again to unlock the next song. It's tedious, which is I why I think we should not have credits, and just have skill tokens / FFR tokens.

                      Although I only use my credits to get the newer songs, and to get new avi's, backgrounds, siggs, etc. if needed.

                      Comment

                      • Plan_Bsk81127
                        snooches
                        FFR Simfile Author
                        • Aug 2007
                        • 6420

                        #26
                        Re: Of what value are credits to you?

                        Can I buy vrofl with my credits?

                        Comment

                        • XXXsmittyXXX
                          Anxiety monster
                          • Jul 2005
                          • 6924

                          #27
                          Re: Of what value are credits to you?

                          Originally posted by Superfreak04
                          Although I only use my credits to get the newer songs, and to get new avi's, backgrounds, siggs, etc. if needed.
                          That 100%. After being around for so long and having so many credits on hand they kinda just sit there not being used. So using them in a trade for something you want feels fulfilling. Also, the thought of knowing you have millions of credits to spare feels good.

                          Credits is money too.

                          Comment

                          • Zageron
                            Zageron E. Tazaterra
                            FFR Administrator
                            • Apr 2007
                            • 6592

                            #28
                            Re: Of what value are credits to you?

                            Credits are for playing secret songs.
                            That's it... `.`

                            Comment

                            • Xx{Midnight}xX
                              FFR Player
                              • Aug 2007
                              • 8548

                              #29
                              Re: Of what value are credits to you?

                              Songs in the game I need to them for and profiles pretty much
                              Though getting them from winning tourneys is pretty nice.

                              Also jon with your credit amount in ffr: Is this including the credits on your account tasses account and any other admins who maximized their credits.

                              Comment

                              • Mans0n
                                Sun and Stars
                                FFR Music Producer
                                • Sep 2006
                                • 2907

                                #30
                                Re: Of what value are credits to you?

                                Originally posted by cedolad
                                816 Million.

                                And credits have 0 value. I don't know why people barter with them :/
                                oops your right, was reading that numbe wrong, my mistake .

                                And I agree, Credits really don't have any value at all except if you want all secret/purchased songs.
                                Last edited by Mans0n; 03-21-2011, 03:13 PM.
                                http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/Br0wnbread



                                Check out my band profile and give it a like! :P

                                Comment

                                Working...