Of what value are credits to you?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • DossarLX ODI
    Batch Manager
    Game Manager
    FFR Simfile Author
    • Mar 2008
    • 15013

    #61
    Re: Of what value are credits to you?

    What's funny is that even if that purchased idea came into place each of those songs would have a few hundred players

    That always fuccen happens LOL
    Originally posted by hi19hi19
    oh boy, it's STIFF, I'll stretch before I sit down at the computer so not I'm not as STIFF next time I step a file

    Comment

    • qqwref
      stepmania archaeologist
      FFR Simfile Author
      • Aug 2005
      • 4092

      #62
      Re: Of what value are credits to you?

      Originally posted by jimerax
      can easily do that if you guys want.
      Nope, this would suck. Average rank would cease to become useful if there's a "how fuccen rich are you" component.

      Originally posted by qqwref
      Maybe you could allow people to trade in something like 100,000 credits for being a Veteran for a month - but those credits would then be gone from the economy.
      I still like this idea, and I think to add to it, we need to add a few more Veteran-only features. So here's a neat one: how about we make all queued songs Veteran-only (or most, if you wanna keep special-release songs out of it). Something like 50 bonus songs, playable weeks months before the real release? You'd definitely get people shelling out that 100k cash, and that would take credits out of the general economy. Most people with millions of credits are Veterans, sure, but they're not using the credits anyway, so a lot of those credits are not really in circulation.

      Now, just like the old days when subbies had a few extra songs, these would all be non-public. I imagine jimerax could just release them all at once in a lump after every batch, which would avoid having to do a lot of work every week (he'd just have to set a bunch of songs to be public). Plus, all the Veterans could discuss the songs, and work together with the stepartists to get any necessary fixes made. And, for the public users, none of the released songs would have glaring problems, so it would look a lot more professional.
      Best AAA: Policy In The Sky [Oni] (81)
      Best SDG: PANTS (86)
      Best FC: Future Invasion (93)

      Comment

      • ichliebekase
        FFR Simfile Author
        FFR Simfile Author
        • May 2006
        • 3213

        #63
        Re: Of what value are credits to you?

        Originally posted by ELRayford
        I gave creds to users that lacked secret songs.
        I do this sometimes too.

        If you had an event that had a bunch of purchased songs it'd be fine, just 3-4 million credits total is WAY too much. Most of the best players don't even have that much, let alone would have enough to play the secret songs afterwards.

        Just bring back the gambling hall. Trying to integrate the excess of credits into more songs just sounds like a disaster waiting to happen.
        Glorious Morning - Misc, level 48
        We Will Fly - Dance 2, level 53
        =.The Ocean.= - Dance 2, level 56, collab with krunkykai22
        Garden Party - Dance, level 38

        Comment

        • emulord
          FFR Veteran
          • Sep 2006
          • 778

          #64
          Re: Of what value are credits to you?

          I think the 500k for VRofl is a perfect idea. It means that you will still have a target/purpose for credits after everything else.

          Comment

          • HoneyMelonCalibrator
            Arrow Theory™
            • Feb 2009
            • 905

            #65
            Re: Of what value are credits to you?

            or you could save those 500k credits and play it on the LD engine :>
            Originally posted by ?
            祇園精舎の鐘の聲、
            諸行無常の響あり。
            娑羅雙樹の花の色、
            盛者必衰のことわりをあらはす。
            おごれる人も久しからず、
            唯春の夜の夢のごとし。
            たけき者も遂にほろびぬ、
            偏に風の前の塵に同じ。

            Comment

            • MarioNintendo
              Expect delays.
              FFR Simfile Author
              FFR Music Producer
              • Mar 2008
              • 4181

              #66
              Re: Of what value are credits to you?

              I don't even have enough to afford most of the FFR Shop's songs. I mean, 13,885 creds... wow.
              Long live the arcade!

              Comment

              • I like it
                Housekeeper
                FFR Simfile Author
                • Jan 2007
                • 2123

                #67
                Re: Of what value are credits to you?

                I play all the time and I am still 60k short of playing Planet Karma. I think that the gambling hall should be brought back, even though I lost all of my credits from it. I do not think that the 3-4mil credit purchase song event would be a good idea. Only a few select people would have enough to buy all of them.

                Comment

                • Plan_Bsk81127
                  snooches
                  FFR Simfile Author
                  • Aug 2007
                  • 6420

                  #68
                  Re: Of what value are credits to you?

                  Originally posted by HoneyMelonCalibrator
                  or you could save those 500k credits and play it on the LD engine :>
                  For some people its not about playing the file but more of having it just to have so they can complete their token sets.

                  Comment

                  • darkshark
                    Nothing.
                    • Nov 2004
                    • 4189

                    #69
                    Re: Of what value are credits to you?

                    I know not everyone would be able to purchase 4 million credits worth of songs all at once, that's the point. Eventually though, you would have every song, it would get you more involved in tournaments and other credit based events, like the current credit guessing jackpot game.

                    Then maybe to liven MP back up, add in a feature that allows you to wager a credit bet on the following song against your opponent.

                    Comment

                    • FFRGreen
                      Greeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen
                      • Oct 2010
                      • 1151

                      #70
                      Re: Of what value are credits to you?

                      Originally posted by darkshark
                      I know not everyone would be able to purchase 4 million credits worth of songs all at once, that's the point. Eventually though, you would have every song, it would get you more involved in tournaments and other credit based events, like the current credit guessing jackpot game.

                      Then maybe to liven MP back up, add in a feature that allows you to wager a credit bet on the following song against your opponent.
                      I like that idea.

                      Comment

                      • HoneyMelonCalibrator
                        Arrow Theory™
                        • Feb 2009
                        • 905

                        #71
                        Re: Of what value are credits to you?

                        Originally posted by darkshark
                        Then maybe to liven MP back up, add in a feature that allows you to wager a credit bet on the following song against your opponent.

                        That would be sick -- I'm actually a little surprised this has never been suggested, haha.


                        +1 for this.
                        Originally posted by ?
                        祇園精舎の鐘の聲、
                        諸行無常の響あり。
                        娑羅雙樹の花の色、
                        盛者必衰のことわりをあらはす。
                        おごれる人も久しからず、
                        唯春の夜の夢のごとし。
                        たけき者も遂にほろびぬ、
                        偏に風の前の塵に同じ。

                        Comment

                        • FFRGreen
                          Greeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen
                          • Oct 2010
                          • 1151

                          #72
                          Re: Of what value are credits to you?

                          Originally posted by HoneyMelonCalibrator
                          That would be sick -- I'm actually a little surprised this has never been suggested, haha.


                          +1 for this.
                          I bet it was but probably it was tossed into the garbage somewhere.

                          Comment

                          • qqwref
                            stepmania archaeologist
                            FFR Simfile Author
                            • Aug 2005
                            • 4092

                            #73
                            Re: Of what value are credits to you?

                            Originally posted by darkshark
                            I know not everyone would be able to purchase 4 million credits worth of songs all at once, that's the point. Eventually though, you would have every song, it would get you more involved in tournaments and other credit based events, like the current credit guessing jackpot game.
                            Eventually as in when? Tournaments take a while and there's no guarantee of a good haul unless you're Tier 0. And you'd need 200 billion GTS (yes. 200 billion.) to rack up that many credits by normal playing. The only people who are going to ever have that many credits are hackers and really good artists (since some people pay big for custom profiles and such).
                            Best AAA: Policy In The Sky [Oni] (81)
                            Best SDG: PANTS (86)
                            Best FC: Future Invasion (93)

                            Comment

                            • DossarLX ODI
                              Batch Manager
                              Game Manager
                              FFR Simfile Author
                              • Mar 2008
                              • 15013

                              #74
                              Re: Of what value are credits to you?



                              He donated so many credits to make up for this 3-4 million credit event that he went into the negatives

                              Reincarnate will be remembered for his generosity
                              Originally posted by hi19hi19
                              oh boy, it's STIFF, I'll stretch before I sit down at the computer so not I'm not as STIFF next time I step a file

                              Comment

                              • FFRGreen
                                Greeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen
                                • Oct 2010
                                • 1151

                                #75
                                Re: Of what value are credits to you?

                                Originally posted by DossarLX ODI


                                He donated so many credits to make up for this 3-4 million credit event that he went into the negatives

                                Reincarnate will be remembered for his generosity
                                Made me lol.

                                Man I am posting a lot today.

                                Comment

                                Working...