The RPG Tournament

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • ThunderFlip
    ={<>=The Hero of Time=>
    • Mar 2014
    • 598

    #571
    Re: The RPG Tournament

    Bummer, it was a toss up between INT and LUK for me. I went with INT since nobody had posted it as their top choice in thread and most people had a bunch of it already. Not super bad, but I wish I had chosen LUK, obv lol.
    Ugh, I also had misunderstood about LUK, thinking that anybody could choose it as their first priority stat. Had I known that only the people who hadn't maxed out their LUK evolutions could do that, I would have so jumped on that.
    Last edited by ThunderFlip; 09-17-2014, 08:00 PM.

    Comment

    • Toxophilis
      ( ◜◡^)っ✂╰⋃╯
      • Dec 2006
      • 501

      #572
      Re: The RPG Tournament

      what the fuck is my stats
      Originally posted by AsphyxZero
      My ideal evening is being balls deep in my own ass.

      Comment

      • AutotelicBrown
        Under the scarlet moon
        FFR Simfile Author
        • Jan 2014
        • 923

        #573
        Re: The RPG Tournament

        Originally posted by ryuyasha
        I tried to pick luck, was not going to change it. I thought when he said you could get luck after you had maxed it out it implicitly meant you could choose it first. You would not have seen anything anyway, because I did not switch my stat priority until after the round, when he said I had to.
        oh, I actually interpreted it the same way if you mean this:

        Originally posted by YoshL
        keep in mind that this means you can get luck...even after you've exhausted your luck chances...
        Otherwise I would have seriously considered changing my stat to luck as there weren't many people able to get it. Especially if you had submitted to int beforehand as I wouldn't be leaving the int pool to only 2 people.

        It also sucks because I only got int for the high stat gain, otherwise my spread would be luk > str > int > dex
        Last edited by AutotelicBrown; 09-17-2014, 08:41 PM.
        Play my files

        Comment

        • Red Blaster
          Bridge Burner
          • Jun 2011
          • 2040

          #574
          Re: The RPG Tournament

          Originally posted by ryuyasha
          You and your thousand int, and still top 3 in totals? Besides, you still beat a quarter of the people who picked the same stat. I see little room for complaining there. BTW See you in round 2.
          1000 int is pointless with the bullshit stats I have. Even if I hit, which I probably won't due to my low dex, I'll do like 10 damage.

          I feel like I've wasted my time even participating with that last round..The tournament was basically given to Minhtam.
          Last edited by Red Blaster; 09-17-2014, 08:57 PM.
          Originally posted by hi19hi19
          edgelord Linkin Park adolescent angst music
          Originally posted by choof
          hey great contribution to the thread cucklord the exit's up in the top right of your screen, it's called "log out"
          Originally posted by Funnygurl555
          what's a milky christmas :O

          Comment

          • minhtam2448
            FFR Veteran
            • Mar 2007
            • 411

            #575
            Re: The RPG Tournament

            Originally posted by Red Blaster
            1000 int is pointless with the bullshit stats I have. Even if I hit, which I probably won't due to my low dex, I'll do like 10 damage.
            And Red Blaster goes second, which is very significant given the low STR and DEX spread. So let's say #6 seed ThunderFlip defeats #11 sickfully in Winners Round 2. Then a potential Winners Round 3 matchup would be the following:

            #3 Red Blaster: 256500 HP, 374 STR, 340 DEX, 459 LUK, 1392 INT
            #6 ThunderFlip: 221700 HP, 945 STR, 359 DEX, 492 LUK, 421 INT

            Hmm... Similar Dexterity and Similar Luck, but remember Intelligence only affects the Critical Hit rate, which we have to assume isn't going to be 100%, and Critical Hit only matters if the attack connects. ThunderFlip is primed for an upset at this point.

            Originally posted by Red Blaster
            I feel like I've wasted my time even participating with that last round..The tournament was basically given to Minhtam.
            I doubt it. TC Halogen still has nearly double my strength, and he gets first shot at me, should we head to the finals. Our match is virtually a coin flip.
            Last edited by minhtam2448; 09-17-2014, 09:13 PM. Reason: Goofed with HP


            Tournaments Won:
            The RPG Tournament (hosted by YoshL) - 8.1.2014 - 9.19.2014
            The FFR Fall Tournament - D2 (hosted by Kanzas) - 9.9.2014 - 9.30.2014

            Comment

            • Red Blaster
              Bridge Burner
              • Jun 2011
              • 2040

              #576
              Re: The RPG Tournament

              Originally posted by minhtam2448
              I doubt it. TC Halogen still has nearly double my strength, and he gets first shot at me, should we head to the finals. Our match is virtually a coin flip.
              You were virtually dead last going into round 10, please explain how you weren't given this tournament?
              And how others aren't getting cheated out of a potential win
              Last edited by Red Blaster; 09-17-2014, 09:09 PM.
              Originally posted by hi19hi19
              edgelord Linkin Park adolescent angst music
              Originally posted by choof
              hey great contribution to the thread cucklord the exit's up in the top right of your screen, it's called "log out"
              Originally posted by Funnygurl555
              what's a milky christmas :O

              Comment

              • minhtam2448
                FFR Veteran
                • Mar 2007
                • 411

                #577
                Re: The RPG Tournament

                Originally posted by Red Blaster
                You were virtually dead last going into round 10, please explain how you weren't given this tournament?
                See, you would be right if Halogen didn't pick STR back in R5 and picked off an additional 702 STR points from me. And that's the round that may come to bite me in the butt. Or it may not.

                But yeah, I did only have 54 points going into R3, so I can understand where you're coming from.


                Tournaments Won:
                The RPG Tournament (hosted by YoshL) - 8.1.2014 - 9.19.2014
                The FFR Fall Tournament - D2 (hosted by Kanzas) - 9.9.2014 - 9.30.2014

                Comment

                • YoshL
                  Celestial Harbor
                  FFR Simfile Author
                  FFR Music Producer
                  • Aug 2008
                  • 6156

                  #578
                  Re: The RPG Tournament

                  I think alot of you are overestimating the effect of DEX right now.

                  If you have higher DEX than the other person, then the dodge rate will be somewhere between 50% and 25%. Otherwise it'll be less than 25%.

                  STREAM IN 15 MINUTES if anyone wants to watch


                  Originally posted by Charu
                  Only yours, for an easy price of $19.99! You too can experience the wonders of full motion rump sticking.

                  Comment

                  • Red Blaster
                    Bridge Burner
                    • Jun 2011
                    • 2040

                    #579
                    Re: The RPG Tournament

                    I still don't get how I got so little when I turned in a blackflag and was on 3rd evo on most stats.
                    But whatever. I no longer even care..just give me my participation prize.

                    Also Challonge doesn't let you stream on mobile :l
                    Last edited by Red Blaster; 09-17-2014, 09:19 PM.
                    Originally posted by hi19hi19
                    edgelord Linkin Park adolescent angst music
                    Originally posted by choof
                    hey great contribution to the thread cucklord the exit's up in the top right of your screen, it's called "log out"
                    Originally posted by Funnygurl555
                    what's a milky christmas :O

                    Comment

                    • minhtam2448
                      FFR Veteran
                      • Mar 2007
                      • 411

                      #580
                      Re: The RPG Tournament

                      Originally posted by Red Blaster
                      I still don't get how I got so little when I turned in a blackflag and was on 3rd evo on most stats.
                      But whatever. I no longer even care..just give me my participation prize.
                      It's probably the song you chose. You got a blackflag, but STR is calculated through number of perfects, goods, averages, etc. So what if the rest of your opponents happened to pick a song that had more arrows than you?

                      EDIT: Yoshi, where is the stream? Is it on Challonge?
                      Last edited by minhtam2448; 09-17-2014, 09:20 PM.


                      Tournaments Won:
                      The RPG Tournament (hosted by YoshL) - 8.1.2014 - 9.19.2014
                      The FFR Fall Tournament - D2 (hosted by Kanzas) - 9.9.2014 - 9.30.2014

                      Comment

                      • YoshL
                        Celestial Harbor
                        FFR Simfile Author
                        FFR Music Producer
                        • Aug 2008
                        • 6156

                        #581
                        Re: The RPG Tournament

                        red blaster, i only see your score for kick it, which is a 4-0-0-1. did you forget to turn in your blackflag?


                        Originally posted by Charu
                        Only yours, for an easy price of $19.99! You too can experience the wonders of full motion rump sticking.

                        Comment

                        • Red Blaster
                          Bridge Burner
                          • Jun 2011
                          • 2040

                          #582
                          Re: The RPG Tournament

                          Originally posted by YoshL
                          red blaster, i only see your score for kick it, which is a 4-0-0-1. did you forget to turn in your blackflag?
                          I posted a black flag of kick it -_-
                          Originally posted by hi19hi19
                          edgelord Linkin Park adolescent angst music
                          Originally posted by choof
                          hey great contribution to the thread cucklord the exit's up in the top right of your screen, it's called "log out"
                          Originally posted by Funnygurl555
                          what's a milky christmas :O

                          Comment

                          • minhtam2448
                            FFR Veteran
                            • Mar 2007
                            • 411

                            #583
                            Re: The RPG Tournament

                            Yoshi's right.

                            Originally posted by Red Blaster
                            Placeholder.
                            So close to being D2 it hurts
                            You haven't posted any scores since. Did you PM?
                            Last edited by minhtam2448; 09-17-2014, 09:23 PM.


                            Tournaments Won:
                            The RPG Tournament (hosted by YoshL) - 8.1.2014 - 9.19.2014
                            The FFR Fall Tournament - D2 (hosted by Kanzas) - 9.9.2014 - 9.30.2014

                            Comment

                            • Red Blaster
                              Bridge Burner
                              • Jun 2011
                              • 2040

                              #584
                              Re: The RPG Tournament

                              Originally posted by minhtam2448
                              It's probably the song you chose. You got a blackflag, but STR is calculated through number of perfects, goods, averages, etc. So what if the rest of your opponents happened to pick a song that had more arrows than you?

                              EDIT: Yoshi, where is the stream? Is it on Challonge?
                              I didn't pick str.
                              Originally posted by hi19hi19
                              edgelord Linkin Park adolescent angst music
                              Originally posted by choof
                              hey great contribution to the thread cucklord the exit's up in the top right of your screen, it's called "log out"
                              Originally posted by Funnygurl555
                              what's a milky christmas :O

                              Comment

                              • Red Blaster
                                Bridge Burner
                                • Jun 2011
                                • 2040

                                #585
                                Re: The RPG Tournament

                                Originally posted by minhtam2448
                                Yoshi's right.



                                You haven't posted any scores since. Did you PM?
                                Probably due to the fact that I haven't had an internet connection since that day? I had it blackflagged, must've posted the wrong screen.
                                Originally posted by hi19hi19
                                edgelord Linkin Park adolescent angst music
                                Originally posted by choof
                                hey great contribution to the thread cucklord the exit's up in the top right of your screen, it's called "log out"
                                Originally posted by Funnygurl555
                                what's a milky christmas :O

                                Comment

                                Working...