SM Scores ~2014 Remix~

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • James May
    FFR Player
    • Oct 2012
    • 3817

    #3031
    Re: SM Scores ~2014 Remix~

    Originally posted by MinaciousGrace
    my god the acoustics in this thread are awful
    replace your speakers then :^)

    Anyhow...
    @Attang: Shit man that Identity Pt. 1 AA, you don't see many people play that file anymore heh.
    @Polygon: Grats on that Slugger AA, Destroy the Dragon AA is nice to see as well. Nice 5oul pass as well, though the other Fanta dump is fkahgjthgd haha. Also, I don't know that Be_Natural file .-.
    @Eteinne: That BF on Worldwide Choppers, Aranjuez 1.2 AA is also ridic @_@
    bananas


    Comment

    • EtienneSM
      FFR Player
      • Jan 2013
      • 1724

      #3032
      Re: SM Scores ~2014 Remix~

      Thanks, man!

      Not sure why no one even posts in here anymore. Not playing because the game's "dead" is pretty stupid imo but w.e I guess...

      I don't really know what I played yesterday, just tried random stuff out of my comfort zone for the hell of it.







      The great was in between all marvelouses lmao what

      Quality quotes:

      Originally posted by KgZ
      enjoy having every guy ask if they can get some love on their weiner
      Originally posted by Izzy
      I also like the nps scale. The standard ITG scale for harder files is blown out of proportion and no longer makes sense.
      Originally posted by kommisar
      nps is still a better idea for ratings
      Originally posted by klimtkiller
      there is 1 tip for people going to college. When you're in college, you'll be 16, which is the age where (where i live) you can get laid lawfully. basically, get laid asap when they look the best.
      Originally posted by Rapta
      My logic is that the brain processes in 60 FPS so I play 60 FPS.

      Comment

      • Fantasticone
        D7 Elite Keymasher
        • Aug 2006
        • 6003

        #3033
        Re: SM Scores ~2014 Remix~

        It's a combination of dead / getting boring. Good scores though, should try my Circles file in my sig, should be able to AA.

        Comment

        • Wafles
          FFR Player
          • Feb 2013
          • 1988

          #3034
          Re: SM Scores ~2014 Remix~

          Originally posted by EtienneSM
          Not sure why no one even posts in here anymore.
          Probably a combination of many things:
          - no packs getting released recently pretty much at all (nor any releasing soon from what I see and based on the activity in the simfiles boards)
          - this thread is pretty much a circle-jerk sort of affair. very few people encourage newer players to share their scores, and even fewer people actually comment on "average" scores in this thread

          not to mention the whole "stepmania is dead" thing

          http://smleaderboards.net/profile/view/Wafles

          Comment

          • EtienneSM
            FFR Player
            • Jan 2013
            • 1724

            #3035
            Re: SM Scores ~2014 Remix~

            I just don't understand why it happened. There was no reasoning behind it, people just stopped. I still enjoy this game a lot and it's pretty shitty to see people not even making packs anymore at all. The fact that there's not even any submission threads in like, the past month is beyond my comprehension. I, myself am starting to get bored only because I'm running out of fun stuff to play.

            It's like I'm forced to going to play just pad from now on when I get my control box fixed lmao
            Quality quotes:

            Originally posted by KgZ
            enjoy having every guy ask if they can get some love on their weiner
            Originally posted by Izzy
            I also like the nps scale. The standard ITG scale for harder files is blown out of proportion and no longer makes sense.
            Originally posted by kommisar
            nps is still a better idea for ratings
            Originally posted by klimtkiller
            there is 1 tip for people going to college. When you're in college, you'll be 16, which is the age where (where i live) you can get laid lawfully. basically, get laid asap when they look the best.
            Originally posted by Rapta
            My logic is that the brain processes in 60 FPS so I play 60 FPS.

            Comment

            • Fantasticone
              D7 Elite Keymasher
              • Aug 2006
              • 6003

              #3036
              Re: SM Scores ~2014 Remix~

              I loathe 99% of SM songs and don't have the mood to play hard crap all the time. You can take the initiative and make a mini pack of fun things that people would like and maybe it will bring some interest again, nobody to stop you from doing that.

              Comment

              • Herogashix
                D7 Dating Sim Player
                FFR Music Producer
                • Apr 2009
                • 2183

                #3037
                Re: SM Scores ~2014 Remix~

                I don't play much anymore, but I still find joy playing this file.

                Comment

                • EzExZeRo7497
                  ⠀
                  • Dec 2010
                  • 6858

                  #3038
                  Re: SM Scores ~2014 Remix~

                  Originally posted by EtienneSM
                  I just don't understand why it happened. There was no reasoning behind it, people just stopped. I still enjoy this game a lot and it's pretty shitty to see people not even making packs anymore at all. The fact that there's not even any submission threads in like, the past month is beyond my comprehension. I, myself am starting to get bored only because I'm running out of fun stuff to play.

                  It's like I'm forced to going to play just pad from now on when I get my control box fixed lmao
                  I don't play much anymore because of multiple factors - like college and the frustration when I don't perform as well as I want. The main reason for me is that I essentially ran out of stuff to play. I dislike a very good portion of hard charts (what I usually play) and the ones that I do like playing I've played so many times that I've burnt out from them. There are other reasons too, but it's hard to articulate thoughts on a phone.

                  EDIT:
                  +
                  Originally posted by Wafles
                  - this thread is pretty much a circle-jerk sort of affair. very few people encourage newer players to share their scores, and even fewer people actually comment on "average" scores in this thread
                  tl;dr no one is playing not because they think a game is "dead", if that's the case people would've stopped playing years ago. People aren't playing because they quite frankly have nothing to play at this point - most players have no incentive/motivation to play either. The reason why this thread is dead while some people are still playing the game is because there really isn't a point in posting anymore because no one comments on each other's scores
                  Last edited by EzExZeRo7497; 10-30-2014, 10:45 PM.

                  Comment

                  • Staiain
                    Can't handle my ÆØÅ
                    • Aug 2009
                    • 4545

                    #3039
                    Re: SM Scores ~2014 Remix~

                    I don't play nearly as much anymore cause

                    1. I'm running out of fun files to play and my "must improve" OCD screwing me over if I wanna play files I already played a bunch of times. I already feel somewhat accomplished at this point, and "training" would burn me out due to lack of interest.

                    2. What little competitiveness I had is kinda dying down.

                    3. People rarely comprehend my scores even to this day so even if I do grind up good scores people rarely can relate or comment so I don't feel like posting most of the stuff I get even if I am proud of them.

                    4. I play mostly on stream so I rarely actually even post scores even if I get good ones.

                    5. Personal reasons I wanna avoid details on due to risk of people getting offended.

                    6. I have sometimes more fun in osu!mania despite the inferior in-game experience because of the online features and all that makes it overall more enjoyable at this point, not to mention the fact that it's stricter than stepmania so it provides a bigger challenge.

                    7. Less and less of the people I talk to regularly play so I end up playing less too.

                    8. Fus Ro Dah

                    9. I am somewhat of a "my pace" person so SMO sometimes are a bit annoying with the waiting and all that, I wish it wasn't like that though.

                    10. I am actually helping out several people a week and I sometimes end up watching random people stream and help them improve/find better packs and all that than play myself






                    irc.rizon.net | #kbo - Come chat!BlueXoon is back
                    SM Wiki My

                    Comment

                    • Mahou
                      魔法少女
                      • Jan 2006
                      • 2153

                      #3040
                      Re: SM Scores ~2014 Remix~

                      I don't really give a shit anymore honestly. That's why I quit.
                      Last edited by Mahou; 10-31-2014, 12:48 AM.
                      Originally posted by lofty rhino
                      one does not simply hate everyone that plays stepmania
                      AND watch anime.

                      Comment

                      • V-Ormix
                        Banned
                        • Aug 2008
                        • 4677

                        #3041
                        Re: SM Scores ~2014 Remix~

                        Originally posted by EtienneSM
                        ]
                        bwah ah er... gj

                        Comment

                        • AlexDest
                          good hot
                          FFR Simfile Author
                          • Sep 2007
                          • 5309

                          #3042
                          Re: SM Scores ~2014 Remix~

                          I personally quit playing Stepmania/FFR competitively because I felt that I've achieved all that I could out of the games for the past 7 years. It gradually got boring for me to try and improve what little I could the past year. So I picked up a new interest instead.

                          Pretty sure the "stepmania is dead" thing is just a joke that the major figures in Stepmania from circa 2005 to 2007 aren't around to keep it alive with packs, not to mention they're not 15 years old anymore. Just speculating there though.

                          Comment

                          • Tyson ultima
                            Autismspeaks.gov
                            • Nov 2006
                            • 1421

                            #3043
                            Re: SM Scores ~2014 Remix~

                            Quit SM for IIDX and SDVX but Solo is still pretty damn solid in my opinion

                            Comment

                            • Staiain
                              Can't handle my ÆØÅ
                              • Aug 2009
                              • 4545

                              #3044
                              Re: SM Scores ~2014 Remix~

                              ^partially agree




                              LOL DOSSAR NOSTALGIA

                              I remember when this file was made AA was extreme, now this is 1.2 first try haha






                              irc.rizon.net | #kbo - Come chat!BlueXoon is back
                              SM Wiki My

                              Comment

                              • NeonSM
                                Я тебя люблю Маша
                                • Jan 2014
                                • 571

                                #3045
                                Re: SM Scores ~2014 Remix~

                                "The reason why this thread is dead while some people are still playing the game is because there really isn't a point in posting anymore because no one comments on each other's scores"
                                ^
                                This. You have to encourage others to play. I know some of the better players make it a point to encourage the scores of those who are not top tier players, and it always makes me smile to see that. It just doesn't happen enough. We should make it a rule of sorts to include one comment on a score of someone elses in every brag post that you post. I dont think any of us want to see this thread die.

                                Also, Etienne, that spring break is p good for you. Would be awesome to see an SDG FC, if you havent already done that. Stai, I don't recognize that file, what pack is it in?
                                Last edited by NeonSM; 10-31-2014, 09:47 AM.

                                Comment

                                Working...