Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Flash Flash Revolution > FFR General Talk > Songs of the Week
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-20-2022, 12:04 AM   #1
DossarLX ODI
Batch Manager
Game Manager, Song Release Coordinator
Game ManagerSimfile JudgeFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Songs of the Week 08/20/2022

Hello and welcome to the Songs of the Week Release for the final round of the 15th Official Tournament! This is also the first official release of a difficulty 120 file ingame.

The new files we have for the Official Tournament this week are:

TWILIGHT BLOOD
Musician: OSTER project
Step Artist: Psychotik
Song Length: 1:47
Song Style: Big Band Jazz
Difficulty: 67
Arrow Count: 1068

CENSORED!!
Musician: t+pazolite
Step Artist: Psychotik
Song Length: 2:25
Song Style: Hardcore Rave
Difficulty: 77
Arrow Count: 1599

toroidal earth society
Musician: Sinc-X
Step Artist: M0nkeyz
Song Length: 2:26
Song Style: Liquid Funk
Difficulty: 87
Arrow Count: 1632

Angel's Ladder
Musician: xi
Step Artist: bmah
Song Length: 2:01
Song Style: Piano Tech
Difficulty: 92
Arrow Count: 1588

Clockwork Dragon
Musician: millstones
Step Artist: Ghost_Medley
Song Length: 1:57
Song Style: Epic Speedcore Fantasy
Difficulty: 102
Arrow Count: 2083

PEACE BREAKER
Musician: xi
Step Artist: DarkZtar
Song Length: 3:34
Song Style: Orchestral Chaos
Difficulty: 107
Arrow Count: 3621

Heartbreak Furry Fandom
Musician: Yuuyu
Step Artist: hi19hi19
Song Length: 4:44
Song Style: Chipcore Maxima
Difficulty: 120
Arrow Count: 6748

We've also got TWO new Event Tokens coming your way. 'GG NO RE' will be part of the regular set of Event Tokens that you may choose from when participating in Events, and 'Warriors (OT MASHUP MIX)' will be given to anyone that has participated or registered a score during the Official Tournament:

Event Token 1:
GG NO RE
Musician: F-777
Step Artist: Tru
Song Length: 2:39
Song Style: VG Dance
Difficulty: 79
Arrow Count: 1729

Event Token 2:
Warriors (OT MASHUP MIX)
Musician: gold stinger ft. a Lot of People
Step Artist: gold stinger
Song Length: 3:01
Song Style: Battle Chant
Difficulty: 65
Arrow Count: 899

And furthermore, have some extra files to top things off for the week:

D. Kruger, Cat Chaser
Musician: Shnabubula
Step Artist: M0nkeyz
Song Length: 2:12
Song Style: Contemporary
Difficulty: 58
Arrow Count: 694

Mdrqnxtagon
Musician: Frums
Step Artist: Matthia
Song Length: 2:08
Song Style: Densecore
Difficulty: 101
Arrow Count: 1946

Shuu no Hazama (Rainshower)
Musician: Silentroom
Step Artist: Wiosna
Song Length: 2:22
Song Style: Drum 'n Bass
Difficulty: 95
Arrow Count: 2266

Delta-for the DELTA (Camellia's "PLANETARY//DUBSTEP" Remix)
Musician: Camellia
Step Artist: suicidaln00b
Song Length: 5:45
Song Style: Hi-Tech Dubstep
Difficulty: 102
Arrow Count: 4186

MEGATON BLAST (tpz Overcute Remix)
Musician: t+pazolite feat. BlackY vs. Yooh
Step Artist: Velocity
Song Length: 2:16
Song Style: Happy Hardcore
Difficulty: 69
Arrow Count: 1386

Lolipon
Musician: Slax
Step Artist: Elite Ninja
Song Length: 2:13
Song Style: Loli Tek
Difficulty: 80
Arrow Count: 1511

Random
Musician: Sobrem & Silentroom
Step Artist: ositzxz369
Song Length: 2:12
Song Style: Random Jazz
Difficulty: 73
Arrow Count: 1256

Enjoy!

Last edited by DossarLX ODI; 08-20-2022 at 12:36 AM..
DossarLX ODI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2022, 01:39 AM   #2
Wiosna
for you, eternally
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: Songs of the Week 08/20/2022

I'm particularly curious about how players (and steppers, I suppose) feel about Rainshower. It's the most explicitly dumpy chart in the game as far as I know of -- while ghost notes have been used for bass wobbles numerous times over multiple charts, and there's the use of ghost notes to represent a solid layer of music (e.g. synth + percussion), but I don't think there have been any charts that use ghost notes for sounds with much lighter timbres like saxophone. This does set a precedent on how ghost notes can be used in the future, and even with a small discussion among multiple judges (one of which which found the ghost notes to saxophone a bit iffy but ultimately fine), I think their word is a bit too small to be consensus or representative of the player or stepper base at large.

The existing reception towards ghost notes to bass wobbles has been mostly ambivalent leaning towards positive on FFR, but I do wonder how much a step away from the most traveled maxim of "placing notes at the start of each attack" are players and steppers willing to deviate before feeling that it's intuitively offputting to play. I think this would also be a great barometer for judges in the future, especially with the dump batch closing submissions very soon that will likely delineate what is permissible for FFR stepping and what isn't in the future.

Last edited by Wiosna; 08-20-2022 at 01:43 AM..
Wiosna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2022, 04:54 AM   #3
klimtkiller
D4
FFR Simfile AuthorD8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiosna View Post
I'm particularly curious about how players (and steppers, I suppose) feel about Rainshower. It's the most explicitly dumpy chart in the game as far as I know of -- while ghost notes have been used for bass wobbles numerous times over multiple charts, and there's the use of ghost notes to represent a solid layer of music (e.g. synth + percussion), but I don't think there have been any charts that use ghost notes for sounds with much lighter timbres like saxophone. This does set a precedent on how ghost notes can be used in the future, and even with a small discussion among multiple judges (one of which which found the ghost notes to saxophone a bit iffy but ultimately fine), I think their word is a bit too small to be consensus or representative of the player or stepper base at large.

The existing reception towards ghost notes to bass wobbles has been mostly ambivalent leaning towards positive on FFR, but I do wonder how much a step away from the most traveled maxim of "placing notes at the start of each attack" are players and steppers willing to deviate before feeling that it's intuitively offputting to play. I think this would also be a great barometer for judges in the future, especially with the dump batch closing submissions very soon that will likely delineate what is permissible for FFR stepping and what isn't in the future.
I am strongly against dumps being in-game. this sounds like the start of a slippery slope.
klimtkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2022, 07:16 AM   #4
alloyus
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
FFR Simfile AuthorD8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:

I dig it

Also how are all of the releases so sick this week??????????

^FFP_D0pey btw
alloyus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2022, 01:29 PM   #5
FlynnMac
Boom.
Local FFR Person
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by klimtkiller View Post
I am strongly against dumps being in-game. this sounds like the start of a slippery slope.
You don't even play the game anymore lol
Old 08-20-2022, 02:06 PM   #6
XelNya
[Nobody liked that.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlynnMac View Post
You don't even play the game anymore lol
Their concern is valid, stop trying to write it off. They expressed it nicely, and calmly. Your post is unneeded, and just bad for the actual discourse Wiosna is trying to have, and Klim's contribution towards it. It's actually something with the looming dump batch the community should be talking about.

Quote:

Also from a purely creative standpoint, I really like the idea of a structured dump that has rules to it a player can pick up on as they play. It sounds like the bass wobble ghost notes hit that as a method of emphasis, and is therefore really cool sounding to me. (Considering my current work as a side note is more reliant on this idea than actual layering mostly, is kind of where I am coming from.)

Though, I haven't seen the file, nor played it. But as a concept it sounds fine / well executed based on how you describe it. Tactful use of dump elements can make a file jump up a level in depth and fun, not only just adding some replay value to catch all the fun stuff you toss in.

Last edited by XelNya; 08-20-2022 at 02:07 PM.. Reason: I hope I spelt Wiosna correctly, Jesus that's hard to remember.
XelNya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2022, 03:35 PM   #7
FlynnMac
Boom.
Local FFR Person
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by XelNya View Post
Their concern is valid, stop trying to write it off. They expressed it nicely, and calmly. Your post is unneeded, and just bad for the actual discourse Wiosna is trying to have.
Nah
Old 08-20-2022, 04:16 PM   #8
ToonE156
D7 Elite Keymasher
D7 Elite Keysmasher

based klarion

seriously though Klimt, why are you against them?

i dig the file, keep it up
If accuracy is not your middle name, my balls smell like lavender and honey.

Last edited by ToonE156; 08-20-2022 at 04:19 PM..
ToonE156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2022, 04:20 PM   #9
awein999
(ಠ⌣ಠ)
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to awein999

Quote:

i enjoyed it and felt like it fit the music despite having a really slow day and not being able to keep up with it. honestly i think the entire style of stepping needs a rebranding. 'dump' sounds too negative to me.
awein999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2022, 06:44 PM   #10
XelNya
[Nobody liked that.]

Quote:
Nah
Eh, you do you then I guess.
XelNya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2022, 02:32 PM   #11
gold stinger
Signature Extraordinare~~
Song Submission & Events Manager
Game ManagerEvent StaffSimfile JudgeFFR Wiki StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to gold stinger

Quote:
Nah
holy shit the roles are reversed.

but to put this back on-track:

I conversed a lot about this in Discord vs in-thread on the forums, but I am very much a person of the concept that as long as a dump is patterned / layered well, and retains a rigid structure, I could realistically see a lot of dump files getting into the game. There has been many songs in the past (and accepted) into FFR that have contained dump burst-y elements that have became a trend for songs that are specifically submitted to FFR since the acceptance of Vantablack & Naruto's Ninja Way (Thanks, AJ) and to me, it was really only a matter of time until the lines of what is a dump / what isn't a dump would be blurred by its usage where the question would come up: "Do we actually want dumps in FFR?".

That question was eventually asked in Judgment chat (containing all the Judges, Head Judges and Game Managers), and the answer was a "yeah, sure. Why not?". imo people have been putting dump elements in files for years now, so it's not a large leap to accept dump files.

- Tosh 2014

gold stinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2022, 02:40 PM   #12
Lights
owo
Head of Events Team
Event StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by klimtkiller View Post
Slippery Slope Fallacy
Old 08-22-2022, 10:33 PM   #13
Tru
e
Simfile JudgeFFR Simfile Author

toroidal earth society is my new favourite file in FFR. D4 really got spoiled here.

It is SO GAD DAMN GOOD.
Tru is offline   Reply With Quote