Music you may or may not know about

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • GuidoHunter
    is against custom titles
    • Oct 2003
    • 7371

    #16
    Spec, it's too bad Sigur Ros (too lazy for accents) only has one song. They just repeat it over and over and put new titles on it to make a new CD. Some of the most boring music I've ever heard.

    Belle and Sebastian: Thumbs-up. Really homo, but REALLY good.

    @Jake: Nice. Ted Leo owns. The Angel's Share is one of my favorite songs.

    --Guido


    Originally posted by Grandiagod
    Originally posted by Grandiagod
    She has an asshole, in other pics you can see a diaper taped to her dead twin's back.
    Sentences I thought I never would have to type.

    Comment

    • whorlichan
      Tiny Plastic Meat
      • Apr 2004
      • 669

      #17
      I know Sigur Ros from my Berkeley buddies and Belle and Sebastian from my Portland buddies. They rave about both of them, and I like what I've heard so far from both. (I guess I haven't heard enough to say that Sigur Ros has only one song, Guido, but both of these bands were recommended by my homosexual lovers, so I guess you're right about that )

      I like Massive Attack. I'm pretty sure they only put out two albums, and did a bunch of covers, but they are awesome. I don't know quite how to describe them...it's music you can listen to all day...the lead female singer is ALWAYS high and you can tell from her voice. But that makes it BETTER. IM me and I can send you a couple of clips (TOTALLY LEGAL I OWN THE CDS) for anyone who's interested.
      Goddess of Chocolate Sauce
      First ever graduate of the Quetzacoatino Academy for Aspiring Deities
      My lame LJ
      My friend Cassie's amazing photography

      Comment

      • Tank101
        I V vi iii IV I IV V
        FFR Simfile Author
        • Mar 2004
        • 2082

        #18
        Dr. Octagon...

        ...paramedic fetus of the east.
        One of the only rappers I like. Also has the weirdest lyrics I've ever heard. You might have heard one of his songs Blue Flowers on Tony Hawk 2 for Playstation something. Really weird but awesome.

        Comment

        • Moogy
          嗚呼
          FFR Simfile Author
          • Aug 2003
          • 10303

          #19
          Merzbow - The best music ever.

          EDIT: But seriously...

          Etro Anime. They're awesome. No one has ever heard of them. They did the OP music for Digital Devil Saga 1. Too bad their albums are impossible to find and they're beyond obscure unless you're an Atlus employee.
          Plz visit my blog

          ^^^ vintage signature from like 2006 preserved

          Comment

          • Specforces
            Yes
            • Jan 2004
            • 5028

            #20
            The Streets

            British suburban rap, enough said.
            Check Out My Music

            Comment

            • NaOTa4231
              FFR Player
              • Jun 2004
              • 743

              #21
              Rilo Kiley

              Indie/Country/Pop Rock. Jenny Lewis' voice is very amazing and unique

              Currently my favorite band.


              http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...ad.php?t=40490

              1 Million Posts ^^^^^^^^^^ 8 )

              Comment

              • Specforces
                Yes
                • Jan 2004
                • 5028

                #22
                Rilo Kiley is alright.
                Check Out My Music

                Comment

                • mead1
                  Cerebellumberjack
                  FFR Simfile Author
                  • Aug 2003
                  • 3960

                  #23
                  Re: RE: Music you may or may not know about

                  Originally posted by Fusion4
                  faith no more/ mr bungle/ tomohawk/ dillinger escape plan:
                  not really related at all, except all were the brainchild of arguably the greatest vocalist alive, mike patton. except dillinger escape plan, he just did one ep with them [he sang the original come to daddy by DEP that aphex twin remixed] all great bands, anything by mike patton is good!
                  WRONG

                  You sir, are phail if you think DEP's Come to Daddy came before AFX's.

                  The "Come To Daddy" EP was released in '97
                  The "Irony is a Dead Scene" EP (EP featuring Mike Patton and DEP's cover of Come to Daddy) was released in '02

                  Comment

                  • Mindfields
                    Banned
                    • Dec 2004
                    • 1566

                    #24
                    Originally posted by Specforces
                    The Streets

                    British suburban rap, enough said.
                    You're fit, but my gosh, don't you know it!

                    Comment

                    • Specforces
                      Yes
                      • Jan 2004
                      • 5028

                      #25
                      Ha, british slang is fun.
                      Check Out My Music

                      Comment

                      • Mindfields
                        Banned
                        • Dec 2004
                        • 1566

                        #26
                        Yeah, no shit!

                        Comment

                        • Tasuke
                          FFR Player
                          • Oct 2003
                          • 1671

                          #27
                          The Decemberists

                          I like 'em!

                          The Polsysics

                          Japanese punk. I don't understand most of it but, damn, it sounds good

                          Comment

                          • B0NK
                            FFR Player
                            • Dec 2005
                            • 663

                            #28
                            im gonna have to say death from above 1979

                            only two people in the band and they rock hardcore.

                            also, the living things

                            their the rock and roll experience

                            Comment

                            • jewpinthethird
                              (The Fat's Sabobah)
                              FFR Music Producer
                              • Nov 2002
                              • 11711

                              #29
                              Suburban Kids with Biblical Names


                              These guys rock...and I believe they are Swedish. Only two members. Some of their songs have heavy electronic influences, but a majority of their songs are pop-esque. Check out their video: http://www.labrador.se/video/skwbn2.php3

                              Comment

                              • Omeganitros
                                auauauau
                                • Jun 2003
                                • 8897

                                #30
                                Man...That was a pretty neat video. Really nice song.

                                Comment

                                Working...