Music you may or may not know about

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Spazzbite
    FFR Simfile Author
    FFR Simfile Author
    • Jan 2003
    • 2181

    #46
    Brand New

    A hard band to describe. They do a wide range of music, but are still able to pull off an excellent sound.

    Interpol

    One of the best Indie bands you will EVER hear. Many people have heard Interpol without realizing who they actually are(typically from "Obstacle 1").

    The Faint

    A unique sounding electronic band. They managed to use some intentionally lower grade sound to create a 'punky' effect in their music.

    Fischerspooner

    Another band that's hard to describe. A fairly laid-back semi-electronic band with a vocalist that sounds fantastic.

    The Magic Numbers

    Don't let their appearance fool you, they are an amazing Indie band. Using both a male and female vocalist in their songs, they create a beautiful harmony in each of their songs.

    Originally posted by Quicker
    shades don't break unless you break them.

    Comment

    • NaOTa4231
      FFR Player
      • Jun 2004
      • 743

      #47
      Brand New is really good


      http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...ad.php?t=40490

      1 Million Posts ^^^^^^^^^^ 8 )

      Comment

      • Spazzbite
        FFR Simfile Author
        FFR Simfile Author
        • Jan 2003
        • 2181

        #48
        I can't believe I forgot these two...

        Bloc Party

        A fantastic British band that creates a fantastic sound with the singer's thick accent and one-of-a-kind lyrics.

        The Mars Volta

        One of the best, if not the best Art Rock bands out there. Their lyrics are solely what they think of when they sit down and start writing. Add a previously unheard of blend of instruments, and you have The Mars Volta.

        Originally posted by Quicker
        shades don't break unless you break them.

        Comment

        • msbrunnettemickey
          FFR Player
          • Sep 2004
          • 1780

          #49
          Bloc Party is awesome.

          בקצה השמיים, ובסוף המדבר, יש מקום רחוק מלא פרחי בר
          מקום קטן, עלוב ומשוגע, מקום רחוק מקום לדאגה
          יש אומרים שם שמשיקרה וחושבים אל כל מה שקרה
          אלוהים שם יושב ורואה ושומר אל כל משברא
          אסור לקטוף את פרחי הגן
          אסור לקטוף את פרחי הגן
          ודואג ודואג נורא

          Comment

          • jewpinthethird
            (The Fat's Sabobah)
            FFR Music Producer
            • Nov 2002
            • 11711

            #50
            Hi, my name is Spazzbite. I really like indie rock and dance punk. I like my rock n roll to immitate club music with a 4/4 drum kick and an octave jumping bass. I also like how every band pretty much sounds the same.

            I'm just kidding. Though I believe everything I have written, I am a fan of most of the bands you listed.

            Comment

            • Specforces
              Yes
              • Jan 2004
              • 5028

              #51
              Ok,

              GOOD-
              Devotchka
              The Mars Volta
              The Faint


              WTF?-
              Brand New
              Something corporate

              Vomit
              Check Out My Music

              Comment

              • MalReynolds
                CHOCK FULL O' NUTRIENTS
                • Sep 2003
                • 6571

                #52
                I liked the Mars Volta freshman album, Deloused in the Comatorium.

                I hated (see: Despised) Francis the Mute. And I "get it," I just don't like it. At all.

                Mal
                "A new take on the epic fantasy genre... Darkly comic, relatable characters... twisted storyline."

                "Readers who prefer tension and romance, Maledictions: The Offering, delivers... As serious YA fiction, I’ll give it five stars out of five. As a novel? Four and a half." - Liz Ellor


                My new novel:

                Maledictions: The Offering.

                Now in Paperback!

                Comment

                • NaOTa4231
                  FFR Player
                  • Jun 2004
                  • 743

                  #53
                  Don't hate on Something Corporate


                  http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...ad.php?t=40490

                  1 Million Posts ^^^^^^^^^^ 8 )

                  Comment

                  • Specforces
                    Yes
                    • Jan 2004
                    • 5028

                    #54
                    Something corporate is so far from being underground that you can smell the band's stench while skydiving.
                    Check Out My Music

                    Comment

                    • NaOTa4231
                      FFR Player
                      • Jun 2004
                      • 743

                      #55
                      Did Spec just say something?


                      http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...ad.php?t=40490

                      1 Million Posts ^^^^^^^^^^ 8 )

                      Comment

                      • Specforces
                        Yes
                        • Jan 2004
                        • 5028

                        #56
                        Cute, really, I would have used that same comeback in sixth grade. Props!
                        Check Out My Music

                        Comment

                        • NaOTa4231
                          FFR Player
                          • Jun 2004
                          • 743

                          #57
                          Originally posted by Specforces
                          Something corporate is so far from being underground that you can smell the band's stench while skydiving.
                          Like that was so much better. Okay, this isn't going to get anywhere. I like SC, you don't. End of arguement.


                          http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...ad.php?t=40490

                          1 Million Posts ^^^^^^^^^^ 8 )

                          Comment

                          • Specforces
                            Yes
                            • Jan 2004
                            • 5028

                            #58
                            Let's be friends NaOTa4231, I make an excellent burger.
                            Check Out My Music

                            Comment

                            • Tasuke
                              FFR Player
                              • Oct 2003
                              • 1671

                              #59
                              +/- (plus/minus)
                              Badly Drawn Boy
                              Tom Vek
                              John Vanderslice.

                              Comment

                              • Spazzbite
                                FFR Simfile Author
                                FFR Simfile Author
                                • Jan 2003
                                • 2181

                                #60
                                I liked the Mars Volta freshman album, Deloused in the Comatorium.

                                I hated (see: Despised) Francis the Mute. And I "get it," I just don't like it. At all.

                                Mal
                                Deloused was an AMAZING album, easily reaching into my Top 5.
                                Francis the Mute was pretty awful in general, though I am quite partial to L'via L'viaquez.
                                Scabdates was fairly well done for a live CD, though everything after Cicatriz(Not Cicatriz ESP, Cicatriz) just went on and on.
                                I don't know anyone else who has listened to A Missing Chromosome, but I really enjoyed it, because it felt more like Deloused while still having a new flavour to it.

                                Originally posted by Quicker
                                shades don't break unless you break them.

                                Comment

                                Working...