Music you may or may not know about

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • jewpinthethird
    (The Fat's Sabobah)
    FFR Music Producer
    • Nov 2002
    • 11711

    #31
    Originally posted by Omeganitros
    Man...That was a pretty neat video. Really nice song.
    Yeah, I actually found out about them literally 3 days ago.

    Comment

    • Spazzbite
      FFR Simfile Author
      FFR Simfile Author
      • Jan 2003
      • 2181

      #32
      Bumped for extreme relevance

      Zero 7

      Incredible lounge pop. Stays smooth and relaxing without being boring.

      Roxy Music

      Fantastic glamour rock, a very unique sound.

      Ima Robot

      One of THE most unique voices you will ever hear. Humorous lyrics while still retaining a great sound.

      Lodger

      A finnish band that you might recognize from online flash videos by One Eye Productions.

      Louis XIV

      A band that reminds me somewhat of Franz Ferdinand, though Louis XIV pulled of the sound MUCH better IMO

      Panic! at the Disco

      Once you hear this, you'll never listen to Fall Out Boy EVER AGAIN. Even those who dislike Fall Out Boy will enjoy listening to this band.

      Pinback

      A band similar to Built To Spill. Laid back while keeping fantastic sound.

      Placebo

      I was SHOCKED when I found out only a few people I knew listened to, or even knew about Placebo. A... very hard band to describe, to say the least, but give them a listen and fall in love instantly.

      The Futureheads

      An INCREDIBLE British Indie bands guaranteed to keep a smile on your face. You can't be anything but happy when you listen to these guys

      Originally posted by Quicker
      shades don't break unless you break them.

      Comment

      • Mindfields
        Banned
        • Dec 2004
        • 1566

        #33
        I've heard Panic! At the Disco and thought they weren't good.
        At all.
        Just straight-up new age emo to me, just not overblown. My feelings toward the band make me think that ou just like them because you're anti-conformist, but to each his own.

        Comment

        • SethSquall
          FFR Player
          • Mar 2004
          • 5477

          #34
          I listern mainly to DJ's. Krush and Shadow being my favourites. My other favourites of other types are The Mad Capsule Markets and Biffy Clyro. Apart from that i listern to everything. I dont have a taste in music. Whatever sounds good to me.
          Originally posted by Tibs
          I love you, you Welsh ****

          Comment

          • Specforces
            Yes
            • Jan 2004
            • 5028

            #35
            Placebo is classic.
            Check Out My Music

            Comment

            • hydrojakep
              FFR Player
              • Nov 2003
              • 2294

              #36
              I must say, the streets?

              They're terriable.



              Comment

              • PsYcHoZeRoSk8eR
                Threat Emulation
                FFR Simfile Author
                • May 2004
                • 5184

                #37
                Originally posted by Spazzbite
                Bumped for extreme relevance
                Panic! at the Disco

                Once you hear this, you'll never listen to Fall Out Boy EVER AGAIN. Even those who dislike Fall Out Boy will enjoy listening to this band.
                Placebo

                I was SHOCKED when I found out only a few people I knew listened to, or even knew about Placebo. A... very hard band to describe, to say the least, but give them a listen and fall in love instantly.
                YES YES YES!
                In other news.
                Stephen Lynch

                Comedian. Enough said.
                Mitch Hedberg

                All comedy, no music... But still a really good listen.
                Yea, I listen to a lot of comedians

                Originally posted by Lightdarkness
                I'm light f**king darkness

                Comment

                • emccky
                  Banned
                  • Apr 2004
                  • 4811

                  #38
                  Louis XIV is fucking amazing. I heard them for the first time A LONG time ago from my sister.. and have loved them ever since. I sent banditcom the cd a while ago, and he really liked it too.

                  Comment

                  • jewpinthethird
                    (The Fat's Sabobah)
                    FFR Music Producer
                    • Nov 2002
                    • 11711

                    #39
                    Mitch Hedberg
                    More like Mitch DEADberg.

                    "Hi, my name is Mitch Hedberg. I was watching an informercial the other day and I was thinking to myself 'hey Mitch Hedberg, why are infomercials called infomercials?' and then I thought 'oh, that's right, because they are like commercials with a lot of information.'"

                    At this point everyone would laugh.

                    Comment

                    • NaOTa4231
                      FFR Player
                      • Jun 2004
                      • 743

                      #40


                      I know that they are pretty well known, but they aren't mainstream though. Still, they are very very good.


                      http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...ad.php?t=40490

                      1 Million Posts ^^^^^^^^^^ 8 )

                      Comment

                      • buuuh
                        FFR Player
                        • Oct 2005
                        • 365

                        #41
                        Originally posted by Tasuke
                        The Decemberists
                        +999999 tsutter points

                        ps

                        DeVotchka

                        <3


                        Comment

                        • jewpinthethird
                          (The Fat's Sabobah)
                          FFR Music Producer
                          • Nov 2002
                          • 11711

                          #42


                          Just thought you'd all dig these videos since a lot of the songs are by bands mentioned in this thread.

                          Comment

                          • xObserveRx
                            FFR Simfile Author
                            FFR Simfile Author
                            • Aug 2003
                            • 1148

                            #43
                            Originally posted by NaOTa4231
                            www.somethingcorporate.com
                            "you could be my punk rock princess, and I could your garage band king..."

                            LMAO!

                            I thought these guys were nobodies... apparently not.
                            Come Play The Werewolf Game!

                            Comment

                            • Mindfields
                              Banned
                              • Dec 2004
                              • 1566

                              #44
                              Man, everybody's heard of Anti-Flag, but nobody actually listens to them. Them and Pennywise are the only two punk bands left IMO.
                              Among Anti-Flag's songs are titles such as:
                              Davey Destroyed the Punk Scene [Davey as in Davey Havok of AFI, who played role-model and started the emo scene by persuading most punk bands to switch their lyrics and sounds to emo crap]
                              Indie Sux, Hard-line Sux, Emo Sux, You Suck! [Self-explanatory, hilarious song, be sure to read lyrics!]

                              And then there's all their other Non-Avenging songs, which are some of the only
                              peaceful, protestant songs these days.
                              There's You Can Kill the Protester, but You Can't Kill the Protest
                              You're Gonna Die For Your Government
                              911 For Peace

                              That's just to let you know that there IS still existing punk rock out there.
                              Also, Celldweller is THE best FFR artist, I would definently check some of their other songs out. They are totally badass.

                              Comment

                              • xiron
                                FFR Player
                                • Jan 2004
                                • 189

                                #45
                                Anti-Flag are the shit. I bought their newest one on a whim, having never even heard them, and I loved it. Only later did I remember that a friend had already burned it for me and I had it on my computer. Oops. "Operation Iraqi Liberation" is an awesome song.
                                www.myspace.com/thehappyunicorns

                                Comment

                                Working...