Official Anime of FFR Discussion

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Squeek
    let it snow~
    • Jan 2004
    • 14444

    #61
    I WARNED YOU.

    PAY THE PRICE.

    So, anybody start watching Mai-HiME yet and will change their vote?

    ~Squeek

    Comment

    • jewpinthethird
      (The Fat's Sabobah)
      FFR Music Producer
      • Nov 2002
      • 11711

      #62
      Originally posted by MrESqueek
      I WARNED YOU.

      PAY THE PRICE.

      ~Squeek
      That you did.

      So, anybody start watching Mai-HiME yet and will change their vote?
      I'm working on that.

      Comment

      • tsutter
        FFR Player
        • Oct 2003
        • 2371

        #63
        Speaking of Mai-HiME...I want the next ep. :<!
        [02:02:16] <Hayden> i carry the plastic i make it spastic when i put it in ya moms ass boy her **** is elastic when im finished in knee that slut in the jaw snap her back in to pieces i lay down the law cuz i gots no respect fo that ***** elixers **** seeing as he got double dick ****ed on dust 2 by an ingram at long A in pit

        Comment

        • Chromer
          Hookers and Blow
          • Jul 2003
          • 4981

          #64
          Looks like Excel Saga is still in the lead. For the movies Interstellar 5555 is still up by only 1 point. Next comes End of Evangelion.

          Comment

          • jewpinthethird
            (The Fat's Sabobah)
            FFR Music Producer
            • Nov 2002
            • 11711

            #65
            I change my vote from Interstellar 5555 to End of Evangelion.

            Comment

            • Chromer
              Hookers and Blow
              • Jul 2003
              • 4981

              #66
              O_o How abrupt.....

              ANIME

              Excel Saga - 5 votes

              Mai-HiME- 2 votes

              ANIME MOVIE

              Interstellar 5555 - 2 votes

              End of Evangelion - 2 votes

              I don't know about you guys, but I think this is starting to get ridiculous. W sholud have a final vote day so we can stop messing around Squeek.

              Comment

              • t_montana
                FFR Player
                • Mar 2005
                • 25

                #67
                Im new, but my .02 is evangelion.Its known, but by far not mainstream.Consider the whole of members here.I wouldnt say that half the folks that would visit here would recognize it for what it was.Barring that, maybe Iria:Zeiram the Anime,Record of Lodoss War(cant believe no one mentioned that one),The Guyver,The Professional,Vampyer hunter D.

                Here's another idea, maybe have a representative every month or so.Have a list people vote on it and select one,cant be the smae one in a year.
                1)eventually everyone sees something/someone they like
                2)it keeps the idea of an anime icon feeling fresh,resists redundancy
                3)possibly catches the eye of someone unindoctrinated to a great art form

                I guess I could go on,but I dont wanna overstep my bounds in a forum I dont have pull in.Yes, I am new,but only to THIS forum.
                -T
                art,language,music.they are living things.if they aren\'t fed----they die.
                ------------------------

                ------------------------

                Comment

                • Kilgamayan
                  Super Scooter Happy
                  FFR Simfile Author
                  • Feb 2003
                  • 6583

                  #68
                  Originally posted by Kefit
                  And although fun series can be great, nothing is going to make it on to my favorites list unless it manages to affect me emotionally in some way.
                  You can't tell me you weren't touched when the sad music kicked in during the cave-in episode. :'(
                  I watched clouds awobbly from the floor o' that kayak. Souls cross ages like clouds cross skies, an' tho' a cloud's shape nor hue nor size don't stay the same, it's still a cloud an' so is a soul. Who can say where the cloud's blowed from or who the soul'll be 'morrow? Only Sonmi the east an' the west an' the compass an' the atlas, yay, only the atlas o' clouds.

                  Comment

                  • Chromer
                    Hookers and Blow
                    • Jul 2003
                    • 4981

                    #69
                    Originally posted by t_montana
                    Im new, but my .02 is evangelion.Its known, but by far not mainstream.Consider the whole of members here.I wouldnt say that half the folks that would visit here would recognize it for what it was.Barring that, maybe Iria:Zeiram the Anime,Record of Lodoss War(cant believe no one mentioned that one),The Guyver,The Professional,Vampyer hunter D.

                    Here's another idea, maybe have a representative every month or so.Have a list people vote on it and select one,cant be the smae one in a year.
                    1)eventually everyone sees something/someone they like
                    2)it keeps the idea of an anime icon feeling fresh,resists redundancy
                    3)possibly catches the eye of someone unindoctrinated to a great art form

                    I guess I could go on,but I dont wanna overstep my bounds in a forum I dont have pull in.Yes, I am new,but only to THIS forum.
                    -T

                    Uhh, buddy, Vampire Hunter D and Record of Lodoss War is counted as mainstream in my book.

                    Comment

                    • Squeek
                      let it snow~
                      • Jan 2004
                      • 14444

                      #70
                      Originally posted by t_montana
                      Iria:Zeiram the Anime
                      Never heard of it.

                      Record of Lodoss War
                      Never heard of it.

                      The Guyver
                      Never heard of it.

                      The Professional
                      Never heard of it.

                      Vampyer Hunter D
                      Never heard of it.

                      ~Squeek

                      Comment

                      • Kilgamayan
                        Super Scooter Happy
                        FFR Simfile Author
                        • Feb 2003
                        • 6583

                        #71
                        You've NEVER heard of Records of Lodoss War or Vampyre Hunter D?

                        Wow.
                        I watched clouds awobbly from the floor o' that kayak. Souls cross ages like clouds cross skies, an' tho' a cloud's shape nor hue nor size don't stay the same, it's still a cloud an' so is a soul. Who can say where the cloud's blowed from or who the soul'll be 'morrow? Only Sonmi the east an' the west an' the compass an' the atlas, yay, only the atlas o' clouds.

                        Comment

                        • Chromer
                          Hookers and Blow
                          • Jul 2003
                          • 4981

                          #72
                          Originally posted by MrESqueek
                          Originally posted by t_montana
                          Iria:Zeiram the Anime
                          Never heard of it.

                          Record of Lodoss War
                          Never heard of it.

                          The Guyver
                          Never heard of it.

                          The Professional
                          Never heard of it.

                          Vampyer Hunter D
                          Never heard of it.

                          ~Squeek
                          Ok, Squeek, you're supposed to be our leader and yet you haven't seen
                          Record of Lodoss War or Vampire Hunter D? Wow. I have seen The Guyver, but not The Professional. Doesn't sound interesting anyways.....

                          Comment

                          • zildjian133
                            FFR Player
                            • May 2003
                            • 1138

                            #73
                            Man I'm not even an anime fan and I know of Vampire Hunter D!!!

                            Comment

                            • t_montana
                              FFR Player
                              • Mar 2005
                              • 25

                              #74
                              Hey Im not saying they arent known, but just what line are we trying to define here with the not obscure but not too mainstream thing?I mean you cant have it both ways. I wouldn't consider any of the ones I said too mainstream and the fact that squeek hasnt heard of them---while odd, proves it.As for The Professional,I mentioned it because of its status as a classic icon in the anime genre.

                              This Elfen Leid (sp?)--never heard of it,but I'll check it out.
                              i did however, find a 5 disc set of GTO (hadnt heard of it until this thread) for $27,not bad so far.Its got the first 43 eps on it.
                              art,language,music.they are living things.if they aren\'t fed----they die.
                              ------------------------

                              ------------------------

                              Comment

                              • Squeek
                                let it snow~
                                • Jan 2004
                                • 14444

                                #75
                                Vampyre Hunter D != Vampire Hunter D. I've heard of it, but it looked too retarded to watch.

                                I thought Lodoss was a video game. Eh. It must suck.

                                I get my recommendations from Kefit. He knows what I will like and what I will hate. He was spot-on with S-cry-ed. Man that show ruled so hardcore.

                                ~Squeek

                                PS - montana, there are only 43 episodes of GTO. Get that NOW. $27 for that is AMAZING.

                                Comment

                                Working...