Official Anime of FFR Discussion

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Kilgamayan
    Super Scooter Happy
    FFR Simfile Author
    • Feb 2003
    • 6583

    #16
    RE: Re: RE: Official Anime of FFR

    I have never watched Elfen Lied and have no particular interest in it as of this moment, so I'm guessing you're referring to tsutter.

    I'm waiting on Pita Ten and 2x2 = Shinobuden torrents right now, and will also be nabbing new Jungle Guu Final, Mahou Sensei Negima and Ultimate Girls subs as they appear. Once I'm finished with all those, I'm not sure where I'll go after that, but I'm leading towards Mai Hime just to see what the big fucking deal is.

    Bottom line: EL is not high on my priority list right now.

    Besides, FFR is supposed to be a family-friendly website. I'm sure Synth would love his website's "official anime" be a show that would earn a TV MA rating in America. >_>

    Given your suggested prerequisites, I will put forth Mai Hime and Galaxy Angel (hooray personal preference!) as possible other candidates, but I will refrain from voting for now.
    I watched clouds awobbly from the floor o' that kayak. Souls cross ages like clouds cross skies, an' tho' a cloud's shape nor hue nor size don't stay the same, it's still a cloud an' so is a soul. Who can say where the cloud's blowed from or who the soul'll be 'morrow? Only Sonmi the east an' the west an' the compass an' the atlas, yay, only the atlas o' clouds.

    Comment

    • Chromer
      Hookers and Blow
      • Jul 2003
      • 4981

      #17
      RE: Re: RE: Official Anime of FFR

      TV-MA huh? Well then, I suggest we put up Golden Boy! Definitely TV-MA. Oh and is Mahou Sensei Negima the anime to Negima! the manga?

      Comment

      • ImEric12
        FFR Player
        • Jan 2004
        • 1952

        #18
        RE: Re: RE: Official Anime of FFR

        Yeah, Elfen Lied owned, but like Kilga said... TV-MA.

        Mai HiME is amazing so far, I've seen every episode that is out.

        So I second the nomination for Mai HiME.

        Comment

        • jewpinthethird
          (The Fat's Sabobah)
          FFR Music Producer
          • Nov 2002
          • 11711

          #19
          RE: Re: RE: Official Anime of FFR

          Well, of course I would push for Evangelion...however, I dont think Evangelion suits FFR very well. And I havent seen Elfen Lied (though, I am working on that right now). I love FLCL, but that doesnt suit FFR very well either.

          I dont see what you have against Cowboy Bebop. I personally loved the series...but once again, not FFR material.

          So I wont put my vote in just yet.

          Comment

          • vashthestampede0987
            FFR Player
            • Jan 2004
            • 2997

            #20
            RE: Re: RE: Official Anime of FFR

            The Get Backers, DNA^2(if anyone hasnt seen it its very good) or....some of the kick ass animes that havent been mentioned.
            Omega owes me [1] omega favor
            I am God of Hot Pockets, fear my fillings for they may be hot.


            Originally posted by Synthlight
            I hate myself.

            Cheers,

            Synthlight
            xxpla tonic love: GIVE IT TO ME
            xxpla tonic love: ****ing give it to me

            Comment

            • Squeek
              let it snow~
              • Jan 2004
              • 14444

              #21
              RE: Re: RE: Official Anime of FFR

              Chromer - I guess we can have sort of a little club, but let's stay away from the "Otaku" business...

              It was funny actually seeing the word used as an insult in an anime. Ever see Rozen Maiden? The main character stays home all the time. One of the other characters calls him an Otaku. I had to repeat it to make sure I heard right, then I LOLd.

              Ack, I thought you saw Elfen Lied, Kilga. Oh well :/ I guess there's 5 in the Big. Maybe 10. 1000. I don't know. People are coming forward now with their lists of things they've seen.

              Anyway, if we're keeping it TV-G or TV-PG, Evangelion is out. You know what I'm referring to even if "it" isn't real.

              My replacement for my vote for Elfen Lied thus goes toward GTO. Though I doubt many have seen it.

              From what I know, most people (that like anime and post frequently) have seen the following.

              Digi Charat
              Excel Saga
              FLCL
              Fruits Basket
              Fullmetal Alchemist (I don't want to have this included...)
              Galaxy Angel
              Ghost in the Shell (good enough to override mainstreamness)
              Love Hina
              Neon Genesis Evangelion
              Read or Die
              Serial Experiments Lain
              Vision of Escaflowne

              I excluded many that are far too mainstream to be cool enough for FFR's official anime.

              Please add your own thoughts to the list and consider voting.

              ~Squeek

              Comment

              • jewpinthethird
                (The Fat's Sabobah)
                FFR Music Producer
                • Nov 2002
                • 11711

                #22
                RE: Re: RE: Official Anime of FFR

                Get rid of FMA.

                I think Excel Saga would be a good candidate.

                Comment

                • Squeek
                  let it snow~
                  • Jan 2004
                  • 14444

                  #23
                  RE: Re: RE: Official Anime of FFR

                  Excel Saga was the Anime Club's official anime at my old high school. Not like this restricts it in any way.

                  I'd be all for that. I'd like to hear votes from other people as well.

                  ~Squeek

                  Comment

                  • Omeganitros
                    auauauau
                    • Jun 2003
                    • 8897

                    #24
                    RE: Re: RE: Official Anime of FFR

                    If I could, I would not be in the ranks of Adult Swim-ers. But I am. =( Big O =(

                    Comment

                    • jewpinthethird
                      (The Fat's Sabobah)
                      FFR Music Producer
                      • Nov 2002
                      • 11711

                      #25
                      RE: Re: RE: Official Anime of FFR

                      It's okay omega...well all start somewhere...unfortunetly for you it is Adult Swim.

                      Comment

                      • tsutter
                        FFR Player
                        • Oct 2003
                        • 2371

                        #26
                        RE: Re: RE: Official Anime of FFR

                        Excel Saga owns. And it fits FFRs' personality well.

                        ALL FOR EXCEL SAGA SAY I

                        i
                        [02:02:16] <Hayden> i carry the plastic i make it spastic when i put it in ya moms ass boy her **** is elastic when im finished in knee that slut in the jaw snap her back in to pieces i lay down the law cuz i gots no respect fo that ***** elixers **** seeing as he got double dick ****ed on dust 2 by an ingram at long A in pit

                        Comment

                        • Kilgamayan
                          Super Scooter Happy
                          FFR Simfile Author
                          • Feb 2003
                          • 6583

                          #27
                          Re: RE: Re: RE: Official Anime of FFR

                          Originally posted by MrESqueek
                          Neon Genesis Evangelion

                          I excluded many that are far too mainstream to be cool enough for FFR's official anime.
                          what

                          Sadly, I have not watched Excel Saga either. >_>
                          I watched clouds awobbly from the floor o' that kayak. Souls cross ages like clouds cross skies, an' tho' a cloud's shape nor hue nor size don't stay the same, it's still a cloud an' so is a soul. Who can say where the cloud's blowed from or who the soul'll be 'morrow? Only Sonmi the east an' the west an' the compass an' the atlas, yay, only the atlas o' clouds.

                          Comment

                          • Squeek
                            let it snow~
                            • Jan 2004
                            • 14444

                            #28
                            RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Official Anime of FFR

                            Then watch it. It's looking to be winning at this point.

                            Evangelion is majorly mainstream, but I also said some were good enough to override the mainstream status. I more didn't want to include it for the potential slight MA-ness they have going on during the show, but I left it in for Jewpin's sake.

                            ~Squeek

                            Comment

                            • Omeganitros
                              auauauau
                              • Jun 2003
                              • 8897

                              #29
                              RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Official Anime of FFR

                              Well, actually it all started for me with the SciFi Channel's showing of Armitage Two...

                              Comment

                              • Chromer
                                Hookers and Blow
                                • Jul 2003
                                • 4981

                                #30
                                RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Official Anime of FFR

                                Actually after looking at the list my vote would have to go for Excel Saga. ES is just too damn funny to be excluded. Yes, maybe Otaku is laying it on a bit too thick, Squeek. However, GTO is Great Teacher Onizuka and this is definitely not for kids, no matter how you put it. Its raunchiness and sexual humor automatically gets it a TV-MA.

                                I think I would include Interstellar 5555(Daft Punk's Movie) or Galaxy Express 9999(Sci-Fi Channel Movie) to the list. Interstellar could go as the ultimate anime ever, since the whole thing is done to Daft Punk's Discovery album. Galaxy Express started anime for me back on Sci-Fi a looooong time ago when they were showing Fatal Fury: The Movie on Sci-Fi's Anime Saturdays.

                                Comment

                                Working...