FFR and SpinItUp support and benefit CD

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • MixMasterLar
    Beach Bum Extraordinaire
    FFR Simfile Author
    • Aug 2006
    • 5403

    #76
    Re: FFR and SpinItUp support and benefit CD

    wow everytime I look at this thread it just gets better and better.

    Will DSX be on here? Emotions Run is set to be released on SiU by the time the CD comes out...He said on AIM that he'll love to be on the CD.

    Just checking for my peeps

    PS: Power of Silence is also set to be released iirc...so put that on there
    ​

    Comment

    • Starshot
      /DJS\
      FFR Music Producer
      • Dec 2004
      • 1794

      #77
      Re: FFR and SpinItUp support and benefit CD

      I'll need to get the HQ Mp3 from him.

      Comment

      • DJSBX
        FFR Music Producers
        FFR Music Producer
        • Oct 2003
        • 514

        #78
        Re: FFR and SpinItUp support and benefit CD

        err. ok Ima be remastering Splash beats today, so I'll send it to you tonight


        Check Out My website!
        http://www.djsbx.com

        Comment

        • MixMasterLar
          Beach Bum Extraordinaire
          FFR Simfile Author
          • Aug 2006
          • 5403

          #79
          Re: FFR and SpinItUp support and benefit CD

          I'll need to get the HQ Mp3 from him.
          Not sure what "HQ Mp3" is....there are MP3s at his Newgrounds and I could easily send it to you on his behalf (already said it was alright).
          ​

          Comment

          • DJSBX
            FFR Music Producers
            FFR Music Producer
            • Oct 2003
            • 514

            #80
            Re: FFR and SpinItUp support and benefit CD

            HQ probably means "High Quality"


            Check Out My website!
            http://www.djsbx.com

            Comment

            • Starshot
              /DJS\
              FFR Music Producer
              • Dec 2004
              • 1794

              #81
              Re: FFR and SpinItUp support and benefit CD

              High Quality.

              Newgrounds auto-encodes it to be 128kbs, I'd like a higher bitrate.

              Comment

              • zajac
                aka uAnimals
                FFR Music Producer
                • Aug 2003
                • 4050

                #82
                Re: FFR and SpinItUp support and benefit CD

                Alrighty! Sent the Brain Dot Wav track to you via email!

                Would you like me and Gorlock to do the cover art, and maybe even sleave art or backside art with track listing on it and such? If you do... We make really freakin sweet **** and we'd have no problem doing it for you to help out

                If you wanna see examples of what we can do, I can provide a crapload of examples and references haha
                Originally posted by Spec & Aperson
                We Rate You: Cool Motherfucer. 9/10

                Comment

                • MixMasterLar
                  Beach Bum Extraordinaire
                  FFR Simfile Author
                  • Aug 2006
                  • 5403

                  #83
                  Re: FFR and SpinItUp support and benefit CD

                  well his AIM is dsx1990...but he's never on
                  ​

                  Comment

                  • sleeplessdragn
                    ~Bang that beat Harder~
                    FFR Simfile Author
                    FFR Music Producer
                    • Jan 2004
                    • 2321

                    #84
                    Re: FFR and SpinItUp support and benefit CD

                    If you guys want something printed on the CD I'm going to need the art for that as well. I've yet to mess around with LightScribe though.

                    Comment

                    • Pyroshock
                      ε=-dΦ/dt
                      FFR Music Producer
                      • Jul 2006
                      • 1170

                      #85
                      Re: FFR and SpinItUp support and benefit CD

                      I thought LightScribe only prints monochromatic images?

                      Comment

                      • SuperGreenX
                        Tangy music sauce maker
                        FFR Music Producer
                        • Mar 2003
                        • 354

                        #86
                        Re: FFR and SpinItUp support and benefit CD

                        Pyroshock just emailed me about this and asked for tips on producing CDs.

                        Originally posted by Starshot
                        60pack Standards: $98 USD | SAVE $10
                        60 Standards, Access to Design Templates
                        72 Trayliners, Insert Books + Disc Labels

                        Oh baby, that's a good price.
                        And my dad's office has a color laser printer, this could be sweet.
                        Jewelboxing is great. I've printed and sold hundreds CD's in those cases. However, the paper doesn't work well in laser printers. I've taken the paper to an actual printing company and they said that since there's perforations in the paper, its a bit too 'bumpy' and the ink misses some spots around the perforations, making it look bad (I had them try anyways, and it did in fact not work well). The paper NEEDS to be printed by inkjet printer.

                        Also, you can fit two CD's in jewelboxing cases. They're made to do that and its awesome.

                        As for stick on labels, those are lame.

                        I use inkjet printable CD's. You need a printer like this http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...d_i=B000I98XZC
                        along with special CDr's like this: http://www.amazon.com/Taiyo-Yuden-80.../dp/B000RXVITW

                        Printing looks awesome. However the ink can smudge off extremely easily if anything moist touches it. Therefore, I spray a certain fixative on all CDs. This keeps the ink on the disc and also makes them extremely shiny and lookin awesome.

                        Lilghtscribe is eeehhhhhh..It's monochromatic and each disc takes like 8 minutes to print.

                        How many CD's are we thinking of producing? Getting any company to print up the whole thing is usually pretty expensive for short runs. Usually like $3.50 per CD for like 300 copies.

                        Obviously I have equipment and skillzzzz for printing discs...I might be interested in printing the CD's (though I'm not up for printing the inserts at the moment) depending on how many are needed and what price we'd agree on.

                        I'll be on the CD I guess. I can send you my remixed version of Crowdpleaser, or remixed Coactive, or full version of Deep Breath. Tell me which ones you would like (or all, or what) and who to send to.
                        Last edited by SuperGreenX; 09-16-2007, 10:31 PM.

                        Wonderful Bite - New SGX Album! You can get it for free, yo!

                        Comment

                        • chunky_cheese
                          FFR Player
                          • Jul 2004
                          • 1736

                          #87
                          Re: FFR and SpinItUp support and benefit CD

                          If I can help with this in any way just let me know guys, this is an awesome project.

                          Comment

                          • Nick_S_199
                            FFR Player
                            • Nov 2006
                            • 225

                            #88
                            Re: FFR and SpinItUp support and benefit CD

                            Any new news?

                            Comment

                            • Tasselfoot
                              Retired BOSS
                              FFR Simfile Author
                              • Jul 2003
                              • 25185

                              #89
                              Re: FFR and SpinItUp support and benefit CD

                              no offense.... but you guys seriously need to organize yourselves a bit better if you're going to make this work.

                              not to mention, i DID specifically contact and speak with over AIM both DM Ashura and cornandbeans... unfortunate that neither posted or commented here.
                              RIP

                              Comment

                              • sleeplessdragn
                                ~Bang that beat Harder~
                                FFR Simfile Author
                                FFR Music Producer
                                • Jan 2004
                                • 2321

                                #90
                                Re: FFR and SpinItUp support and benefit CD

                                The organization was fairly decent before the idea ran out of steam. = (

                                Comment

                                Working...