Reincarnate - AMA (might as well)

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Hateandhatred
    "The Quebec Steparatist."
    FFR Simfile Author
    • Feb 2011
    • 1974

    #31
    Re: Reincarnate - AMA (might as well)

    Thoughts about Quebec vs Canada?

    Favorite animal?

    Best moment on FFR?
    Forgot where I put my old sig lol

    Comment

    • Izzy
      Snek
      FFR Simfile Author
      • Jan 2003
      • 9195

      #32
      Re: Reincarnate - AMA (might as well)

      Who on ffr do you think you share the most similar thought process with?

      Comment

      • Reincarnate
        x'); DROP TABLE FFR;--
        • Nov 2010
        • 6332

        #33
        Originally posted by Hateandhatred
        Thoughts about Quebec vs Canada?

        Favorite animal?

        Best moment on FFR?
        1. don't know enough to comment

        2. Probably cats/dogs -- I'm boring. XD

        3. AAA'ing Crowdpleaser. It was something I always used to think was "obviously impossible" until a bit of experimentation proved otherwise.

        Originally posted by Izzy
        Who on ffr do you think you share the most similar thought process with?
        Hard to say, but if I had to guess -- probably Reach. We have different personalities, of course, but we both share very similar thought processes in terms of skepticism and backing things up with facts/reason/research. We tend to arrive at very comparable conclusions on a great deal of subjects (and for similar reasons, too).

        I also identify closely with darkshark in terms of the desire to constantly self-improve/succeed. I've watched his progression over time and it's pretty inspiring stuff. Every time I see him post some random two-hour artistic ditty on Facebook that is like ten times better than anything I could ever make in six months, it's a powerful reminder to me to break away from my day-to-day grind to focus on learning/doing something creative/fun.
        Last edited by devonin; 09-17-2012, 07:52 AM.

        Comment

        • Rebirth0
          FFR Originalbro
          FFR Simfile Author
          • Jun 2003
          • 8751

          #34
          Re: Reincarnate - AMA (might as well)

          Got ninja'd by a few hours but yes Toonami is back.

          However, it is the exact same as Adult Swim every Saturday, only with the Toonami name/theme instead of the adult swim theme. Exact same shows + 1 or 2 new dumpy ones

          Comment

          • Reincarnate
            x'); DROP TABLE FFR;--
            • Nov 2010
            • 6332

            #35
            Re: Reincarnate - AMA (might as well)

            Oh lame.

            Comment

            • Izzy
              Snek
              FFR Simfile Author
              • Jan 2003
              • 9195

              #36
              Re: Reincarnate - AMA (might as well)

              Agreed, I almost regret sending in that long email about bringing back toonami. At least they did manage to put some newer stuff on there. It seems like they are limited to airing only dubbed / licensed anime so the selection isn't that great.

              Comment

              • Reincarnate
                x'); DROP TABLE FFR;--
                • Nov 2010
                • 6332

                #37
                Re: Reincarnate - AMA (might as well)

                earlier point still stands i guess


                bring back oldschool toonami :O

                Comment

                • leonid
                  I am leonid
                  FFR Simfile Author
                  FFR Music Producer
                  • Oct 2008
                  • 8080

                  #38
                  Re: Reincarnate - AMA (might as well)

                  Why don't you play D3 with me?

                  Also why are you so smart?



                  Proud member of Team No

                  Comment

                  • Reincarnate
                    x'); DROP TABLE FFR;--
                    • Nov 2010
                    • 6332

                    #39
                    Re: Reincarnate - AMA (might as well)

                    Originally posted by leonid
                    Why don't you play D3 with me?
                    I don't own D3 -- never got into D1 or D2. too grindy

                    Originally posted by leonid
                    Also why are you so smart?
                    i'm not

                    Comment

                    • Tristana
                      Banned
                      • Jun 2012
                      • 410

                      #40
                      Re: Reincarnate - AMA (might as well)

                      why is NYC the best city in the US?

                      Comment

                      • Reincarnate
                        x'); DROP TABLE FFR;--
                        • Nov 2010
                        • 6332

                        #41
                        Re: Reincarnate - AMA (might as well)

                        Originally posted by Tristana
                        why is NYC the best city in the US?
                        because when you get comfortable living in what amounts to a sardine can, you can only go up from there

                        Comment

                        • UserNameGoesHere
                          FFR Veteran
                          • May 2008
                          • 1114

                          #42
                          Re: Reincarnate - AMA (might as well)

                          Why does it say Location: New Jersey, USA on your profile but says Location: NYC - Manhattan on the forums?

                          Who is the character in your avatar and why did you choose that character?

                          What degrees, if any, do you have?

                          Why does Velocity have control of your Rubix account?

                          How fast can you solve a 1x1x1 cube?
                          I can solve it instantaneously


                          Favorite food? Least favorite food?

                          Favorite and least favorite country?

                          If you could resurrect any historical figure, who would you resurrect and why?

                          If Godzilla vs. Voltron, who would win and why?
                          Originally posted by Crashfan3
                          Man, what would we do without bored rednecks?
                          sigpic

                          Comment

                          • robertsona
                            missa in h-moll
                            FFR Simfile Author
                            • Dec 2006
                            • 4000

                            #43
                            Re: Reincarnate - AMA (might as well)

                            why did you go to the college you went to (penn? is that cool to say? you went there right) and what do you think of it now

                            Comment

                            • Reincarnate
                              x'); DROP TABLE FFR;--
                              • Nov 2010
                              • 6332

                              #44
                              Re: Reincarnate - AMA (might as well)

                              Originally posted by UserNameGoesHere
                              Why does it say Location: New Jersey, USA on your profile but says Location: NYC - Manhattan on the forums?

                              Who is the character in your avatar and why did you choose that character?

                              What degrees, if any, do you have?

                              Why does Velocity have control of your Rubix account?

                              How fast can you solve a 1x1x1 cube?
                              I can solve it instantaneously


                              Favorite food? Least favorite food?

                              Favorite and least favorite country?

                              If you could resurrect any historical figure, who would you resurrect and why?

                              If Godzilla vs. Voltron, who would win and why?
                              1. idk, misclick

                              *2. edit: forgot this one. it's the guyver. too lazy to fix the numbers on the rest.

                              2. some econ-related quanty shit

                              3. I gave it to him

                              4. idk it can be pretty darn confusing

                              5. Favorite... shrimp+chicken+beef stir-fry. Least favorite... probably anything with feta or bleu cheese

                              6. I haven't been to enough countries to judge, honestly

                              7. I'd resurrect Carl Sagan bc he was tight as fuc

                              8. Voltron because Godzilla is weak sauce
                              Last edited by Reincarnate; 09-17-2012, 06:02 PM.

                              Comment

                              • Reincarnate
                                x'); DROP TABLE FFR;--
                                • Nov 2010
                                • 6332

                                #45
                                Re: Reincarnate - AMA (might as well)

                                Originally posted by robertsona
                                why did you go to the college you went to (penn? is that cool to say? you went there right) and what do you think of it now
                                yeah, Penn, although technically i just tell people Wharton bc that's the name of the business school. if i say Penn by itself, people don't know if I mean Penn State or UPenn, and even if they guess UPenn, they don't know if it's CAS, SEAS, Wharton, etc.

                                I went there because I thought it'd be a good chance to get into the investment banking field, which is a pretty surefire path to earning millions by the time you're in your 30's. The problem: I found out real quick that investment banking wasn't for smart people who actually cared about doing something interesting/worthwhile -- it was for extroverted-and-bright-yet-nevertheless-meatheaded dudes who were into "models and bottles," as the culture is called. Totally not my style. I had a girlfriend at the time who was going to Princeton, too, which was an hour and a half away. I figured Penn was the best of all worlds.

                                Looking back, I didn't like my time in college at all. Too many of my peers were sheltered types from well-off families, and it made me feel really out of place since I had to work all the time just to make ends meet. Classes weren't that interesting, either, and I didn't make many friends because I was depressed/busy for most of it (I had maybe 4-5 decent friends and 20 acquaintances upon graduating). It's a good school -- it just wasn't a good fit for me. I would have enjoyed Stanford more. I could have studied compsci, enjoyed fantastic weather, enjoyed my classes, had better aid, etc. Would have had to break up with my gf at the time, but of course hindsight is 20/20.
                                Last edited by Reincarnate; 09-17-2012, 05:54 PM.

                                Comment

                                Working...