Reincarnate - AMA (might as well)

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • DossarLX ODI
    Batch Manager
    Game Manager
    FFR Simfile Author
    • Mar 2008
    • 15013

    #61
    Re: Reincarnate - AMA (might as well)

    How do you feel about the world?
    Originally posted by hi19hi19
    oh boy, it's STIFF, I'll stretch before I sit down at the computer so not I'm not as STIFF next time I step a file

    Comment

    • Reincarnate
      x'); DROP TABLE FFR;--
      • Nov 2010
      • 6332

      #62
      Re: Reincarnate - AMA (might as well)

      It's a pretty nutty thing

      Comment

      • DossarLX ODI
        Batch Manager
        Game Manager
        FFR Simfile Author
        • Mar 2008
        • 15013

        #63
        Re: Reincarnate - AMA (might as well)

        How do you feel about the whole "soul" thing? It makes no sense to me that a person, just an arrangement of atoms and molecules, suddenly has an immaterial portion when they're made of elements originating from the Earth.
        Originally posted by hi19hi19
        oh boy, it's STIFF, I'll stretch before I sit down at the computer so not I'm not as STIFF next time I step a file

        Comment

        • Reincarnate
          x'); DROP TABLE FFR;--
          • Nov 2010
          • 6332

          #64
          Re: Reincarnate - AMA (might as well)

          I see no reason to believe in a soul.

          Humans evolved from simpler life forms over many many years, all the way back to single-celled organisms, for example. If a soul exists, then at what point along the evolutionary timeline did it become part of the physical structure? Not only is it a stretch, but it's not even necessary.

          Saying that our soul goes on when we die is like arguing that my computer's soul goes on when I smash it to bits, or that a tree's soul goes on when I chop it down, or a mound of dirt's soul goes on when I kick it across the ground (hopefully you can see where I'm going with that progression).

          tl;dr occam's razor

          Comment

          • leonid
            I am leonid
            FFR Simfile Author
            FFR Music Producer
            • Oct 2008
            • 8080

            #65
            Re: Reincarnate - AMA (might as well)

            Originally posted by Reincarnate
            I see no reason to believe in a soul.

            Humans evolved from simpler life forms over many many years, all the way back to single-celled organisms, for example. If a soul exists, then at what point along the evolutionary timeline did it become part of the physical structure? Not only is it a stretch, but it's not even necessary.

            Saying that our soul goes on when we die is like arguing that my computer's soul goes on when I smash it to bits, or that a tree's soul goes on when I chop it down, or a mound of dirt's soul goes on when I kick it across the ground (hopefully you can see where I'm going with that progression).

            tl;dr occam's razor
            Exactly... This is why I am infinitely worried about death and will do whatever I can to stay alive as long as possible



            Proud member of Team No

            Comment

            • Reincarnate
              x'); DROP TABLE FFR;--
              • Nov 2010
              • 6332

              #66
              Re: Reincarnate - AMA (might as well)

              I fear death too (if only because I love life too much to ever leave it), which is why lately I've gotten into a serious health kick because I want to live as long as I can.

              Comment

              • DossarLX ODI
                Batch Manager
                Game Manager
                FFR Simfile Author
                • Mar 2008
                • 15013

                #67
                Re: Reincarnate - AMA (might as well)

                What do you have to say about people who question the universe being a meaningless place?

                I find this very interesting to get feedback on because I've accepted that reality, but I want to know how you think about it.
                Originally posted by hi19hi19
                oh boy, it's STIFF, I'll stretch before I sit down at the computer so not I'm not as STIFF next time I step a file

                Comment

                • Reincarnate
                  x'); DROP TABLE FFR;--
                  • Nov 2010
                  • 6332

                  #68
                  Re: Reincarnate - AMA (might as well)

                  Originally posted by DossarLX ODI
                  What do you have to say about people who question the universe being a meaningless place?

                  I find this very interesting to get feedback on because I've accepted that reality, but I want to know how you think about it.
                  what's with all the ExiSTenTiAL INQUiRies!!11??

                  I look at someone who sees objective meaning in the universe in the same way I look at someone who sees Jesus' face in their toast.

                  Comment

                  • DossarLX ODI
                    Batch Manager
                    Game Manager
                    FFR Simfile Author
                    • Mar 2008
                    • 15013

                    #69
                    Re: Reincarnate - AMA (might as well)

                    Have you ever considered submitting a file to FFR?
                    Originally posted by hi19hi19
                    oh boy, it's STIFF, I'll stretch before I sit down at the computer so not I'm not as STIFF next time I step a file

                    Comment

                    • Reincarnate
                      x'); DROP TABLE FFR;--
                      • Nov 2010
                      • 6332

                      #70
                      Re: Reincarnate - AMA (might as well)

                      Originally posted by DossarLX ODI
                      Have you ever considered submitting a file to FFR?
                      Yeah but too lazy to write it / figure out permissions / send it through the system

                      Comment

                      • Zapmeister
                        FFR Player
                        • Sep 2012
                        • 466

                        #71
                        Re: Reincarnate - AMA (might as well)

                        You're playing poker with a tiger, a walrus, and a chicken. The chicken folds pre-flop. You're holding Ks 10d and the flop is 2h 2s 4h. The tiger checks, and the walrus yawns and goes all-in without really thinking, which is about 5 times minimum bet. Do you fold, call, raise, or run screaming?

                        Would you step this piano piece for FFR? (and every note needs an arrow, all 166112 of them)

                        What is your opinion of Facebook Timeline?

                        If Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled peppers how many peppers did Peter Piper pick?

                        Theorem: If you have a large enough number of monkeys, and a large enough number of computer keyboards, one of them will sight-read AAA death piano on stealth. And the ffr community will forever worship it. Proof Example

                        ask me anything here

                        mashed FCs: 329

                        r1: 5
                        r2: 4
                        r3: 6
                        r4: 8
                        r5: 3
                        r6: 5
                        r7: 15
                        final position: 4th

                        Comment

                        • Reincarnate
                          x'); DROP TABLE FFR;--
                          • Nov 2010
                          • 6332

                          #72
                          Re: Reincarnate - AMA (might as well)

                          Originally posted by Zapmeister
                          You're playing poker with a tiger, a walrus, and a chicken. The chicken folds pre-flop. You're holding Ks 10d and the flop is 2h 2s 4h. The tiger checks, and the walrus yawns and goes all-in without really thinking, which is about 5 times minimum bet. Do you fold, call, raise, or run screaming?

                          Would you step this piano piece for FFR? (and every note needs an arrow, all 166112 of them)

                          What is your opinion of Facebook Timeline?

                          If Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled peppers how many peppers did Peter Piper pick?
                          Answer to all four: no

                          Comment

                          • DossarLX ODI
                            Batch Manager
                            Game Manager
                            FFR Simfile Author
                            • Mar 2008
                            • 15013

                            #73
                            Re: Reincarnate - AMA (might as well)

                            How did you first find FFR?
                            Originally posted by hi19hi19
                            oh boy, it's STIFF, I'll stretch before I sit down at the computer so not I'm not as STIFF next time I step a file

                            Comment

                            • Reincarnate
                              x'); DROP TABLE FFR;--
                              • Nov 2010
                              • 6332

                              #74
                              Re: Reincarnate - AMA (might as well)

                              Originally posted by DossarLX ODI
                              How did you first find FFR?
                              I don't remember exactly, but I was really active on DDRManiaX and a couple other sites back in the day and probably found out there. I can tell you that the person who got me into DDR/DWI in the first place was actually the person who later created the Zen Rebirth theme for Stepmania (we were both members of an RPG-maker community back in 1999-2001 or something like that). He had sent me, over AIM, the songs Angelfalls and Captain Jack. I thought they were catchy, so I downloaded DWI -- and the rest is history.

                              Ok I've gone on a tangent. Back on-point:

                              The first time I was on FFR, really, I don't believe I had signed up yet. I have a memory of playing it once when I was in the computer lab during a graphic design class freshman year of high school. I remember thinking FFR sucked because it was that early engine where there were only a few songs and retarded timing windows, so I was like eff that, DWI is much better.

                              Later, though, I was at a bubble tea cafe in Oregon with some friends and they had a small internet cafe there. Someone (who was no longer there or logged in) left open their FFR window. They had been playing the R2 engine, which I thought was really interesting since it looked like DWI/Stepmania. It was at that point that I signed up as MrRubix. Still hated R2 after playing with it, though. Didn't start playing competitively on that account until... I wanna say 2006 or so.

                              Comment

                              • Choofers
                                FFR Player
                                FFR Music Producer
                                • Dec 2008
                                • 6205

                                #75
                                Re: Reincarnate - AMA (might as well)

                                did you enjoy that pizza and did you work out extra hard to burn off dem calories

                                Comment

                                Working...