Oops I broke the laws of math.

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • ddr_f4n
    FFR Player
    • Sep 2005
    • 3807

    #76
    Re: Oops I broke the laws of math.

    Originally posted by stargroup
    What are you talking about I'm freaking awesome

    also I should be unbanned, for srs
    Didn't you talk to Letty/Mint about it?
    Out Now!


    Older Releases:
    Vocaloid: Project Pad Pack 3rd
    Gpop's Pack of Original Pad Simfiles
    東方幻想踊 (Touhou Gensouyou) ~ Illusionary Dance Fantasy & Vocaloid: Project Pad Pack 2nd

    Comment

    • Necamus
      FFR Player
      • Nov 2005
      • 853

      #77
      Re: Oops I broke the laws of math.

      Originally posted by DossarLX ODI
      1/3 = .33333 (repeating)

      So technically, .999999999 (repeating) does equal 1.

      End of discussion, lmao
      1/3 is approximately .333333 repeating. Since the decimal never ends, it's never exactly equal. So three times that is approximately one. Not exactly.

      So technically, you're wrong.

      Same thing for Blue Bird.
      www.freerice.com

      Comment

      • bluguerrilla
        FFR Player
        FFR Simfile Author
        • Apr 2006
        • 3966

        #78
        Re: Oops I broke the laws of math.

        Wait, did someone say MATHS?!

        Comment

        • MrRubix
          FFR Player
          • Sep 2026
          • 8340

          #79
          Re: Oops I broke the laws of math.

          Originally posted by Necamus
          1/3 is approximately .333333 repeating. Since the decimal never ends, it's never exactly equal. So three times that is approximately one. Not exactly.

          So technically, you're wrong.

          Same thing for Blue Bird.
          lmao




























          and so it begins.
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0es0Mip1jWY

          Comment

          • Kasumi-chan
            FFR Player
            • Aug 2009
            • 179

            #80
            Re: Oops I broke the laws of math.

            math is fun
            WRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

            Comment

            • stargroup
              FFR Player
              • Jun 2007
              • 974

              #81
              Re: Oops I broke the laws of math.

              Originally posted by Necamus
              1/3 is approximately .333333 repeating. Since the decimal never ends, it's never exactly equal. So three times that is approximately one. Not exactly.

              So technically, you're wrong.

              Same thing for Blue Bird.
              I can't tell if this guy is serious

              Originally posted by ddr_f4n
              Didn't you talk to Letty/Mint about it?
              nope not yet
              (´・ω・`)

              Comment

              • dood gone krazee
                RATOOOOOOOOO
                FFR Simfile Author
                • May 2007
                • 1939

                #82
                Re: Oops I broke the laws of math.

                Originally posted by bluguerrilla
                Wait, did someone say MATHS?!
                What did I just watch.

                That literally made 0 sense to me
                -4th Official Tournament Expert Divison Champion-

                Originally posted by Sir_Thomas
                Dood... you done gone got yourself krazee.
                Originally posted by robertsona
                I hear back in 12 AD Jesus Himself sent an FGO to Tass and it got a 9 by JX

                "[++] 9/10
                Very good file but not japanese enough ps hi jesus"

                Comment

                • Blue Bird
                  FFR Veteran
                  • Dec 2007
                  • 377

                  #83
                  Re: Oops I broke the laws of math.

                  Originally posted by Necamus
                  1/3 is approximately .333333 repeating. Since the decimal never ends, it's never exactly equal. So three times that is approximately one. Not exactly.

                  So technically, you're wrong.

                  Same thing for Blue Bird.
                  LOL

                  I was approximately just taking the piss in that post. Because really, if you just follow the pattern, it approximately makes sense. In terms of PATTERN-FOLLOWING, that is. Which is why it's approximately funny, since in mathematical terms, it makes no sense.

                  Comment

                  • leonid
                    I am leonid
                    FFR Simfile Author
                    FFR Music Producer
                    • Oct 2008
                    • 8080

                    #84
                    Re: Oops I broke the laws of math.

                    Let's please PLEASE not get into this, shall we?



                    Proud member of Team No

                    Comment

                    • One Winged Angel
                      Anime Avatars ( ◜◡^)っ✂╰⋃╯
                      FFR Simfile Author
                      • Mar 2007
                      • 10837

                      #85
                      Re: Oops I broke the laws of math.

                      lmao so 1/3 * 3 = .99999999999999...

                      alrighty there broheim

                      Originally posted by leonid
                      Let's please PLEASE not get into this, shall we?
                      because you weren't expecting something like this to happen at some point? lol


                      Originally posted by ilikexd
                      i want to be cucked by cirno

                      Comment

                      • MrRubix
                        FFR Player
                        • Sep 2026
                        • 8340

                        #86
                        Re: Oops I broke the laws of math.

                        I just want to draw that out and see where people take it.










                        Ooh, ooh, I know!

                        x=.999...
                        10x=9.999...
                        10x-x=9.999... - .999...
                        9x = 9
                        x=1
                        x=1=.999...

                        WHAT


                        MY MIND IS BLOWN???
                        Last edited by MrRubix; 10-19-2009, 09:13 AM.
                        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0es0Mip1jWY

                        Comment

                        • MrRubix
                          FFR Player
                          • Sep 2026
                          • 8340

                          #87
                          Re: Oops I broke the laws of math.

                          15.67999... = 15.68

                          Not "approximately."

                          Not "close"

                          EQUAL

                          DISCUSSSsss
                          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0es0Mip1jWY

                          Comment

                          • bLasTamos
                            FFR Veteran
                            • Jun 2008
                            • 137

                            #88
                            Re: Oops I broke the laws of math.

                            Actually I was a bit skeptical about this at first but it's true, because since you have infinite 9's it's the same as the result of the series 9/(10^(n+1)), which is 1.

                            Comment

                            • cry4eternity
                              ~ added for cuteness
                              FFR Simfile Author
                              • Jan 2007
                              • 979

                              #89
                              Re: Oops I broke the laws of math.

                              Originally posted by MrRubix
                              x=.999...
                              10x=9.999...
                              10x-x=9.999... - .999...
                              9x = 9
                              x=1
                              x=1=.999...
                              Let's see... when you multiply .999... by 10, the result is ten times the "distance" from 10 as .999... is from 1.

                              Meaning when you subtract .999... from 9.999... you don't get exactly 9. you get 9-9*(1-.999...).

                              Do I win?

                              I'm retired

                              Comment

                              • bLasTamos
                                FFR Veteran
                                • Jun 2008
                                • 137

                                #90
                                Re: Oops I broke the laws of math.

                                Originally posted by cry4eternity
                                you get 9-9*(1-.999...)
                                Which is 9
                                xD

                                Comment

                                Working...