Oops I broke the laws of math.

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Flaming_Dingleberry
    Everybody gets one.
    • Jul 2006
    • 1008

    #166
    Re: Oops I broke the laws of math.

    Well, of course, that's right Rubix, dude how does your brain work? How did you decide to group the bags the way you did?
    ~ 2nd Official FFR Gamewhore

    ~ 1st Official FFR Butthole

    Comment

    • leonid
      I am leonid
      FFR Simfile Author
      FFR Music Producer
      • Oct 2008
      • 8080

      #167
      Re: Oops I broke the laws of math.

      Solving a LOT of puzzles would work i guess



      Proud member of Team No

      Comment

      • MrRubix
        FFR Player
        • Sep 2026
        • 8340

        #168
        Re: Oops I broke the laws of math.

        Originally posted by Flaming_Dingleberry
        Well, of course, that's right Rubix, dude how does your brain work? How did you decide to group the bags the way you did?
        I've done problems like that countless times before -- it's kinda second nature by now. In my opinion, one of the best ways to learn how to problemsolve is to just solve problems. Over the years, you do so many of them that it becomes easier to figure out when to apply certain logic to certain problems. For instance, in this case it's a good idea to work with triplet groups, since triplets allow for the easiest way to operate on a "if these two groups don't equate, then the residual group has the odd one out" style of solving.
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0es0Mip1jWY

        Comment

        • Flaming_Dingleberry
          Everybody gets one.
          • Jul 2006
          • 1008

          #169
          Re: Oops I broke the laws of math.

          Are you good at keybeat Rubix?

          And what does a Rubik's cube look like when you do your siggy?
          ~ 2nd Official FFR Gamewhore

          ~ 1st Official FFR Butthole

          Comment

          • MrRubix
            FFR Player
            • Sep 2026
            • 8340

            #170
            Re: Oops I broke the laws of math.

            Nope


            My ring fingers are retarded
            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0es0Mip1jWY

            Comment

            • leonid
              I am leonid
              FFR Simfile Author
              FFR Music Producer
              • Oct 2008
              • 8080

              #171
              Re: Oops I broke the laws of math.

              Originally posted by Flaming_Dingleberry
              And what does a Rubik's cube look like when you do your siggy?
              LOL



              Proud member of Team No

              Comment

              • MrRubix
                FFR Player
                • Sep 2026
                • 8340

                #172
                Re: Oops I broke the laws of math.

                Originally posted by Flaming_Dingleberry
                And what does a Rubik's cube look like when you do your siggy?
                Each algorithm is on its own line -- one algorithm per cube.


                Last edited by MrRubix; 10-20-2009, 01:34 AM.
                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0es0Mip1jWY

                Comment

                • emerald000
                  the Mathemagician~
                  • Nov 2005
                  • 1320

                  #173
                  Re: Oops I broke the laws of math.

                  Expected gain for your 52 cards draw game is 3.7316053312...$

                  Comment

                  • MrRubix
                    FFR Player
                    • Sep 2026
                    • 8340

                    #174
                    Re: Oops I broke the laws of math.

                    Under what strategy?

                    The optimal solution has many possible (weighted) payoffs.
                    Last edited by MrRubix; 10-20-2009, 02:07 AM.
                    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0es0Mip1jWY

                    Comment

                    • korny
                      It's Saint Pepsi bitch
                      • May 2004
                      • 4385

                      #175
                      Re: Oops I broke the laws of math.

                      I only learned the math that was necessary for every day living.

                      Comment

                      • Divinefury
                        FFR Player
                        • Feb 2009
                        • 119

                        #176
                        Re: Oops I broke the laws of math.

                        Ugh rubix you could have said that the algorithms were seperate i tried doing the whole thing on one cube


                        Best AAA: Yoshi's Cookie, Famouz, the Dream of Scarlet, On Conquest and Capture
                        I need to play more..

                        Comment

                        • emerald000
                          the Mathemagician~
                          • Nov 2005
                          • 1320

                          #177
                          Re: Oops I broke the laws of math.

                          Originally posted by MrRubix
                          Under what strategy?
                          The strategy is weird, but it is composed as followed. Format: (Number of blacks drawn---stop if you have drawn that much reds)

                          Code:
                          0---8
                          1---9
                          2---10
                          3---11
                          4---12
                          5---13
                          6---14
                          7---15
                          8---16
                          9---16
                          10---17
                          11---18
                          12---19
                          13---20
                          14---21
                          15---22
                          16---23
                          17---24
                          18---25
                          19---26
                          20---26
                          21---27
                          22---28
                          23---29
                          24---30
                          25---31
                          26---32
                          27---33
                          28---34
                          29---34
                          30---35
                          31---36
                          32---37
                          33---38
                          34---39
                          35---40
                          36---40
                          37---41
                          38---42
                          39---43
                          40---44
                          41---45
                          42---45
                          43---46
                          44---47
                          45---48
                          46---49
                          47---49
                          48---50
                          49---51
                          50---51
                          51---52
                          52---52

                          Comment

                          • leonid
                            I am leonid
                            FFR Simfile Author
                            FFR Music Producer
                            • Oct 2008
                            • 8080

                            #178
                            Re: Oops I broke the laws of math.

                            Are you assuming a deck has 52 blacks and 52 reds?



                            Proud member of Team No

                            Comment

                            • emerald000
                              the Mathemagician~
                              • Nov 2005
                              • 1320

                              #179
                              Re: Oops I broke the laws of math.

                              *Goes hide in a corner...*

                              Let me modify that a bit.

                              Expected outcome: 2.62447554899

                              Code:
                              0---6
                              1---7
                              2---8
                              3---8
                              4---9
                              5---10
                              6---11
                              7---12
                              8---13
                              9---14
                              10---14
                              11---15
                              12---16
                              13---17
                              14---18
                              15---19
                              16---19
                              17---20
                              18---21
                              19---22
                              20---23
                              21---23
                              22---24
                              23---25
                              24---25
                              25---26
                              26---26
                              Should be better.

                              A big lol at me for actually figuring out how to do the problem but not how to count how much blacks/reds there are in a deck of cards.
                              Last edited by emerald000; 10-20-2009, 04:42 AM.

                              Comment

                              • stargroup
                                FFR Player
                                • Jun 2007
                                • 974

                                #180
                                Re: Oops I broke the laws of math.

                                Originally posted by MrRubix
                                Come on man, sack up and at least give it a try. It is hard (it took me literally all day to solve before I was certain of my answer), but it isn't impossible.
                                dude, you don't understand

                                I have one week to finish college apps, annotations for a a book and a paper to go along with it

                                stop making me look like an ass do you really think I would pass up a math problem
                                (´・ω・`)

                                Comment

                                Working...