I'm Retiring. No one cares, but I thought you guys ought to know.

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Quigly
    nah
    • Jan 2008
    • 3506

    #61
    Re: I'm Retiring. No one cares, but I thought you guys ought to know.

    Don't worry Seefu I'll send you some Hubby Hubby ice cream when you're in school. :*
    nah

    Comment

    • Mollocephalus
      Custom User Title
      • Jul 2009
      • 2608

      #62
      Re: I'm Retiring. No one cares, but I thought you guys ought to know.

      Originally posted by Grandiagod
      most people in america get over that viewpoint when we're 15-16

      18 tops.
      seems like a good strategy to delegitimate this kinda point rather than talking it out tell me more

      Comment

      • Grandiagod
        FFR Player
        • Jul 2004
        • 6122

        #63
        Re: I'm Retiring. No one cares, but I thought you guys ought to know.

        If you don't understand why the need for a military exists then there's not any use.
        He who angers you conquers you. ~Elizabeth Kenny

        Comment

        • Mollocephalus
          Custom User Title
          • Jul 2009
          • 2608

          #64
          Re: I'm Retiring. No one cares, but I thought you guys ought to know.

          i UNDERSTAND why it exists. at the same time though, the perpetuation of one army means the perpatuation of all. i theoretically *could* wait for it to die out like the christian church, but i still do not support it, do not want it, and do not accept it. the need for something doesn't exactly guarantee the benefit.

          Comment

          • reddarkd
            Lawl
            • Jul 2005
            • 194

            #65
            Re: I'm Retiring. No one cares, but I thought you guys ought to know.

            Originally posted by Mollocephalus
            you're right. i better go ahead and make a coherent post.

            The mission of the Navy is to maintain, train and equip combat-ready Naval forces capable of winning wars, deterring aggression and maintaining freedom of the seas.

            this is written in bold letters on the US navy website. did i expect something different? no. i, of course, do not waltz around US navy dudes for obvious reasons (and the obvious reasons are italier people usually don't enlist in US navy), but pretty much every military establishment on earth follows these guidelines. the contraddiction between the so proclaimed freedom of the seas and the capacity of winning wars and deterring aggerssions is striding. particular note on the fact that the first thing said is "mantain, train and equip cambat-ready naval forces capable of winning wars".

            now, some countries like to pull the "army for defense only" card, but the attitude is exactly the same as the one cited here; always ready for a new war, and pretty damn proud of it. proud of being able to take away other people's lives when both sides have been brainwashed, as they can only see each other as absolute enemies. i find the whole concept utterly despicable also because the training is more psychological than you might think, and teaches you to kill or be killed. violence becomes an automatism, a matter of efficiency.

            the fact that we're talking about nuclear submarines makes me even more disgusted; nuclear energy is one of the most incredible trainwrecks of human history. i know how enthusiastic is your government and the nuclear lobby about it, but the downsides are abnormally high. why would you ever want to put your intelligence and effort to contribute to such a disaster, i wouldn't know. why you would ever want to get your hands covered in blood, i don't understand either. if you wanna give me some patriotic bs please, don't. that kind of indoctrination isn't even borderline acceptable by any logic.

            ps: i love how you guys are measuring each other's former country power, like you're measuring each other's dong to see who has the bigger one.

            Thank you,
            I actually agree with you on certain things.

            I do respect your statement on the use of nuclear energy. Although, I imagine you have seen pictures of frigates, destroyers, and air craft carriers that the USN uses. The amount of energy one of those ships requires to operate is tremendous. Nuclear power does in fact provide the Navy with an energy source efficient enough to run it's ships and the American government does believe the positive gain outweighs the negative effects. I do wish there was an alternate solution because I do understand how you feel about the potential dangers of it.

            You are right about the training being more psychological than anything and I respect your opinion on how the use of violence is "brainwashed" into someone. I'm not going to argue against that because it is true. I have nothing against the fact that you oppose the use of violence. However, the Navy these days doesn't actually have very many rates (jobs) that put you in a situation where you personally would have to be faced with the dilemma of "Kill or be killed". Obviously things would be different if the USA was at war with a much larger threat.

            My initial post was because you insulted him and his decision without showing much reason. You expressed your opinion and I respect it. I don't know his reason for joining the Navy, but there are some really good benefits for joining the USN.

            Comment

            • OnixRose
              FFR Player
              • Aug 2006
              • 1023

              #66
              Re: I'm Retiring. No one cares, but I thought you guys ought to know.

              thread derailed as ****. good job guise.

              1000% supporter of FFR character additions
              Originally posted by leonid
              FFR should implement a form of CAPTCHA that filters out not only spambots but also retards.

              Comment

              • Bolth mannn
                FFR Veteran
                • Aug 2008
                • 2228

                #67
                Re: I'm Retiring. No one cares, but I thought you guys ought to know.

                shut up guys, Australia wins everything.

                PS I want to go to Italy, I hear they have nice Italian food.

                Comment

                • Gun92
                  The Paragon of Perfection
                  • Aug 2006
                  • 4826

                  #68
                  Re: I'm Retiring. No one cares, but I thought you guys ought to know.

                  Damn, your logic fails.

                  Comment

                  • Bolth mannn
                    FFR Veteran
                    • Aug 2008
                    • 2228

                    #69
                    Re: I'm Retiring. No one cares, but I thought you guys ought to know.

                    Originally posted by Gun92
                    Damn, your logic fails.
                    You're stoopid.

                    Comment

                    • justaguy
                      Forum User
                      FFR Simfile Author
                      • Mar 2004
                      • 3566

                      #70
                      Re: I'm Retiring. No one cares, but I thought you guys ought to know.

                      why do scrubs always make topics like this and think it's such a big deal
                      #TeamSwoll

                      Comment

                      • NFD
                        FFR Player
                        • Nov 2007
                        • 4715

                        #71
                        Re: I'm Retiring. No one cares, but I thought you guys ought to know.

                        why aren't you in irc

                        Comment

                        • justaguy
                          Forum User
                          FFR Simfile Author
                          • Mar 2004
                          • 3566

                          #72
                          Re: I'm Retiring. No one cares, but I thought you guys ought to know.

                          cuz i got kinda bored of it plus i'm busy with people pretty frequently now. people need to stop making "I'M BACK!!!" or "I'M LEAVING!!!" threads. you're just a bunch of attention craving mutant ****s.
                          #TeamSwoll

                          Comment

                          • justaguy
                            Forum User
                            FFR Simfile Author
                            • Mar 2004
                            • 3566

                            #73
                            Re: I'm Retiring. No one cares, but I thought you guys ought to know.

                            Originally posted by Quigly
                            Don't worry Seefu I'll send you some Hubby Hubby ice cream when you're in school. :*
                            also i was going to reference this, hahaha. quigly idk u but ur tight.
                            #TeamSwoll

                            Comment

                            • Quigly
                              nah
                              • Jan 2008
                              • 3506

                              #74
                              Re: I'm Retiring. No one cares, but I thought you guys ought to know.

                              Yo justaguy let's hang sometime we can eat some of that ice cream to spite Seefu.
                              nah

                              Comment

                              • TheGreatDecay
                                FFR Player
                                • Feb 2007
                                • 154

                                #75
                                Re: I'm Retiring. No one cares, but I thought you guys ought to know.

                                So I hear there's good Italian food in Italy

                                Comment

                                Working...