Obama's speech (ITT: OBAMA V MCCAIN GOGOGOGOGOGO)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • fido123
    FFR Player
    • Sep 2005
    • 4245

    #91
    Re: Obama's speech

    Originally posted by ShAiOnEi
    McCain is a god damn Navy pilot shot down during Vietnam, he was not infantry ya dumbass. What in the hell does the ability having to know an m4 carbine have to do with military experience? I'm pretty sure you should know that Mccain was a POW for 5 years in that place and was tortured until he signed a letter stating that he disagreed with america. He never signed the letter and was rescued battered and beaten with his pride still intact.

    Now if he doesn't have what it takes to become the next american president I don't know who the hell does.
    You seriously need to read my posts better. Being in the military does not make you a better politician. Sure he's patriotic but that's FAR from all you'll need to be a president.

    Comment

    • Breakdown16
      FFR Veteran
      • Sep 2007
      • 1938

      #92
      Re: Obama's speech

      Originally posted by ShAiOnEi
      McCain is a god damn Navy pilot shot down during Vietnam, he was not infantry ya dumbass. What in the hell does the ability having to know an m4 carbine have to do with military experience? I'm pretty sure you should know that Mccain was a POW for 5 years in that place and was tortured until he signed a letter stating that he disagreed with america. He never signed the letter and was rescued battered and beaten with his pride still intact.

      Now if he doesn't have what it takes to become the next american president I don't who the hell does.
      I'm sorry, but I still don't see how experience in the military helps one gain experience if he wishes to run for president. He may have a strong character and patriotism, but that doesn't help one become a better presidential candidate.

      @everyone: Please, calm down.


      Made by arrekusuof93 at Ye Olde Photoshop Shoppe
      Who remembers this thread? Brings back great memories XD

      Comment

      • Afrobean
        Admiral in the Red Army
        • Dec 2003
        • 13262

        #93
        Re: Obama's speech

        Originally posted by djshox
        I just threw you real numbers, including from the Tax Policy Center itself. I'm not sure how it doesn't make sense to you.
        I meant that the very idea of it was contrary to what it should be. Republicans are known for small government, tax cuts, and less spending. Democrats are known for larger government, higher taxes to fund social endeavors, and higher spending in said social endeavors.

        Then again, I guess we can totally throw that **** out the window looking at the kind of **** that Bush has done, eh? Big government, tax cuts, but more spending. I guess I'm mad at the system overall for sucking ****.

        Originally posted by OrganisM
        That's not ad hominem right there? And your memory seems to be a bit foggy - you were being an unmitigated asshole and thought your attack was justified.
        I was justified. Your posts were deleted because of how bad they were.

        I defiantly don't think the government should do everything but it should do some.
        The government already does "some". The next step up from this "some" that they already do, is the "all" that the Democrats are pushing for.

        Comment

        • Gibson63
          FFR Veteran
          • Jan 2007
          • 1319

          #94
          Re: Obama's speech

          Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 37 (30 members and 7 guests)
          Gibson63+, Afrobean*, Biff_tech, Breakdown16, djshox, fido123, FlameFalco, foilman8805, Grandiagod, Harp of Altara, Kinspin, KlingPosnot, mellonxcollie, MooMoo_Cowfreak, Mr.Nothing, nigggel, OrganisM, PMS-Breakdown16, shadow 1800, ShAiOnEi*, Shazbot_Design*, simulater10, Squeek, tangomango, TeknoRokr, thehunter1117, tkoy*, Windscarredfaith, Yoshiisland, Zageron

          people hearts obama


          Comment

          • ShAiOnEi
            FFR Player
            • May 2007
            • 1110

            #95
            Re: Obama's speech

            Originally posted by fido123
            You seriously need to read my posts better. Being in the military does not make you a better politician. Sure he's patriotic but that's FAR from all you'll need to be a president.
            No **** and judging the weight in political knowledge I would say that McCain has by FAR the upper hand.
            I love my son Auron

            Epic thread killer

            Comment

            • Squeek
              let it snow~
              • Jan 2004
              • 14444

              #96
              Re: Obama's speech

              Originally posted by ShAiOnEi
              McCain is a god damn Navy pilot shot down during Vietnam, he was not infantry ya dumbass. What in the hell does the ability having to know an m4 carbine have to do with military experience? I'm pretty sure you should know that Mccain was a POW for 5 years in that place and was tortured until he signed a letter stating that he disagreed with america. He never signed the letter and was rescued battered and beaten with his pride still intact.

              Now if he doesn't have what it takes to become the next american president I don't know who the hell does.
              ...Someone who knows how to run a country?

              Getting captured by the enemy during a war isn't really honorable, nor does it have anything to do with politics or decision-making processes necessary for the things a President needs to be able to do.

              Comment

              • MooMoo_Cowfreak
                Abraxas Hydroplane
                • May 2006
                • 1746

                #97
                Re: Obama's speech

                Originally posted by ShAiOnEi
                McCain is a god damn Navy pilot shot down during Vietnam, he was not infantry ya dumbass. What in the hell does the ability having to know an m4 carbine have to do with military experience? I'm pretty sure you should know that Mccain was a POW for 5 years in that place and was tortured until he signed a letter stating that he disagreed with america. He never signed the letter and was rescued battered and beaten with his pride still intact.

                Now if he doesn't have what it takes to become the next american president I don't know who the hell does.
                Wow dude this is a ridiculous post. Dude, when fido said M4 Carbine he didn't mean infantry specially, he was just covering the broad range of the armed forces. And in any case, it doesn't matter what happened to somebody in a war. It's in the past, McCain could've changed in the 30-40 years that have passed.

                EDIT: Oh wow I was ninja'd like 4 times.
                Last edited by MooMoo_Cowfreak; 08-28-2008, 10:22 PM.
                Originally posted by hi19hi19
                dumps abstractly represent the song with arrows

                post-dumps abstractly represent the existential nihilism that the song invokes in the listener with negative space, evoking the ephemeral nature of the mind - the journey of stepmania begins in hope yet soon becomes corroded into a dialectic of futility, leaving only a sense of dread and the unlikelihood of a new synthesis

                Comment

                • OrganisM
                  FFR Player
                  • Oct 2006
                  • 2644

                  #98
                  Re: Obama's speech

                  Originally posted by Afrobean
                  I was justified. Your posts were deleted because of how bad they were.
                  No, a couple posts were deleted because I was being very aggressive. But then again, so were you and yours didn't get deleted. It seems you were robbed of the gift of logic just as much as Mr.Nothing. Shame, that.

                  Originally posted by Mr.Nothing
                  I never said you did, and I never said what I stated were facts.
                  So, what the hell are you talking about, AGAIN.
                  You acted as if they were, even if you did not explicitly state it.

                  And if you've got nothing on which to base your arguments and suppositions, how can you expect anybody to take you seriously? You said Obama was a terrible candidate, yet you failed to specify why with concrete evidence, and then you called everyone stupid for failing to agree with you. Where's the logic?
                  .

                  Originally Posted by jewpinthethird[link]:
                  "If you get stung by enough bees you turn into a bee,
                  because the venom gets into the blood stream which
                  spreads bee DNA throughout your entire body...
                  changing your genetic structure into a bee's.

                  Every year roughly 125 people in America are turned into bees this way."


                  Originally Posted by
                  MrRubix[link]:
                  "Do you basically bukkake-paint your walls every time you jack it?"

                  Originally Posted by All_That_Chaz[link]:
                  "My pity-sex depreciates at a rate of 5% annually."

                  Comment

                  • Mr.Nothing
                    R.I.P. Steve <3
                    • Aug 2007
                    • 1227

                    #99
                    Re: Obama's speech

                    It's amusing that fido AND OrganisM, the two people that say they have read my posts, continue to say I said that everything I stated I said was fact.

                    Originally posted by OrganisM
                    And if you've got nothing on which to base your arguments and suppositions, how can you expect anybody to take you seriously? You said Obama was a terrible candidate, yet you failed to specify why with concrete evidence, and then you called everyone stupid for failing to agree with you. Where's the logic?
                    Quote the post where I said Obama was a terrible candidate?
                    Last edited by Mr.Nothing; 08-28-2008, 10:27 PM.

                    Comment

                    • fido123
                      FFR Player
                      • Sep 2005
                      • 4245

                      #100
                      Re: Obama's speech

                      Originally posted by ShAiOnEi
                      No **** and judging the weight in political knowledge I would say that McCain has by FAR the upper hand.
                      Holy **** I'm going to rage in a minute. You said "If that doesn't make a good president than I don't know what will" or something along those lines. You're now contradicting yourself. Also who are you to tell me I have no political knowledge? You're the one going "OBAMA WILL CAUSE WWIII EVERYBODY WHO VOTES FOR HIM IS A MORON".


                      Originally posted by Mr.Nothing
                      It's amusing that fido AND OrganisM, the two people that say they have read my posts, continue to say I said that everything I stated was fact.
                      "EVERYBODY WHO VOTES FOR OMBAMA IS A MORON"

                      If you ended that with "IMO" we would be happy but still think you're stupid.


                      PS: Thank you whoever made the name change.

                      Comment

                      • Breakdown16
                        FFR Veteran
                        • Sep 2007
                        • 1938

                        #101
                        Re: Obama's speech

                        Originally posted by Mr.Nothing
                        It's amusing that fido AND OrganisM, the two people that say they have read my posts, continue to say I said that everything I stated was fact.
                        Uh...this doesn't make sense.

                        Edit: Everyone needs to chill.


                        Made by arrekusuof93 at Ye Olde Photoshop Shoppe
                        Who remembers this thread? Brings back great memories XD

                        Comment

                        • ShAiOnEi
                          FFR Player
                          • May 2007
                          • 1110

                          #102
                          Re: Obama's speech

                          Originally posted by Squeek
                          ...Someone who knows how to run a country?

                          Getting captured by the enemy during a war isn't really honorable, nor does it have anything to do with politics or decision-making processes necessary for the things a President needs to be able to do.
                          Ok but let me ask you this. In what way do you think that Obama would have a much better chance to run the country than McCain?
                          I love my son Auron

                          Epic thread killer

                          Comment

                          • Mr.Nothing
                            R.I.P. Steve <3
                            • Aug 2007
                            • 1227

                            #103
                            Re: Obama's speech

                            Originally posted by Breakdown16
                            Uh...this doesn't make sense.
                            Ahem, READ.
                            It makes perfect sense.

                            EDIT: It was fine until OrganisM started flaming me, then fido hopped on the flame train for some reason.

                            Comment

                            • MooMoo_Cowfreak
                              Abraxas Hydroplane
                              • May 2006
                              • 1746

                              #104
                              Re: Obama's speech (ITT: OBAMA V MCCAIN GOGOGOGOGOGO)

                              Shai, stop throwing all your **** around this thread. You aren't helping even remotely. And please guys, though I don't agree with Mr. Nothing's ideas, know that he hasn't been passing it off as fact. We've been a little to harsh on the guy.

                              EDIT: Awesome title change Shox
                              Originally posted by hi19hi19
                              dumps abstractly represent the song with arrows

                              post-dumps abstractly represent the existential nihilism that the song invokes in the listener with negative space, evoking the ephemeral nature of the mind - the journey of stepmania begins in hope yet soon becomes corroded into a dialectic of futility, leaving only a sense of dread and the unlikelihood of a new synthesis

                              Comment

                              • Breakdown16
                                FFR Veteran
                                • Sep 2007
                                • 1938

                                #105
                                Re: Obama's speech (ITT: OBAMA V MCCAIN GOGOGOGOGOGO)

                                @Mr. Nothing: Don't you mean that they said that everything that you said were not facts but opinions?

                                Edit: Heh heh, I see the title change as well.


                                Made by arrekusuof93 at Ye Olde Photoshop Shoppe
                                Who remembers this thread? Brings back great memories XD

                                Comment

                                Working...