Obama's speech (ITT: OBAMA V MCCAIN GOGOGOGOGOGO)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • MooMoo_Cowfreak
    Abraxas Hydroplane
    • May 2006
    • 1746

    #76
    Re: Obama's speech

    Originally posted by Breakdown16
    1. Ha ha, somebody gave this a one star
    >_>

    I reported this entire thread. I feel like a total sheep lackey of the FFR administration, but it had to be done.
    Originally posted by hi19hi19
    dumps abstractly represent the song with arrows

    post-dumps abstractly represent the existential nihilism that the song invokes in the listener with negative space, evoking the ephemeral nature of the mind - the journey of stepmania begins in hope yet soon becomes corroded into a dialectic of futility, leaving only a sense of dread and the unlikelihood of a new synthesis

    Comment

    • foilman8805
      smoke wheat hail satin
      FFR Simfile Author
      • Sep 2006
      • 5704

      #77
      Re: Obama's speech

      Hey, you guys always forget about the more important election in 2008 - the Congressional election.

      Sure, Obama can promise health care for all, and tout his plan for the economy, rescue us from dependency on oil, cut taxes and whatever else he plans to do, but he definitely won't do it without a Congress in his favor.

      Anyways, for now, my vote is tentatively with McCain, and that's only because I see experience on his side.

      Obama was elected Senator and...oh, that was it. It's not a knock on Obama, because I do respect him, but it's hard to get behind someone who has never made anything happen in his service to the Senate. I'll go ahead and make a correlation and ask how he can promise to bring this epic 'change' when he barely has gotten his feet wet in the Senate.

      Truly, my vote is still up in the air. I haven't decided what I'm going to do to be honest. I'm hoping I can make my first vote count...and I hope I pick the right person.

      It seems like Obama has all kinds of momentum behind him...he literally came up out of nowhere, murdered Hillary, and has this huge mountain of support behind him. I really do wonder if he's the right guy to pick...if he'll actually deliver on his promises. It's getting harder and harder to say no to this guy. He's just full of...light, I guess. He is very charismatic, and I do enjoy listening to him.

      Voting is not easy kids. Hopefully the coming months will show me which way to go.

      EDIT: I'm a registered Republican, by the way, but I don't have a problem voting for a Democrat.

      Comment

      • Grandiagod
        FFR Player
        • Jul 2004
        • 6122

        #78
        Re: Obama's speech

        Obama pisses me off because i don't like big bright eyed speeches.

        They're distracting from the real issues and are basically big masturbation sessions about how great his is. I don't get how people can sit there and watch a guy talk about running their lives for them and how great everything is going to be when he gets elected and not hate them.

        He's better than McCain still.
        He who angers you conquers you. ~Elizabeth Kenny

        Comment

        • tkoy
          FFR Player
          • Nov 2006
          • 308

          #79
          Re: Obama's speech

          LOL OrganisM is my hero

          Comment

          • OrganisM
            FFR Player
            • Oct 2006
            • 2644

            #80
            Re: Obama's speech

            Originally posted by Afrobean
            That's because you were being ****ing retarded if I recall correctly.
            That's not ad hominem right there? And your memory seems to be a bit foggy - you were being an unmitigated asshole and thought your attack was justified.

            So you're saying just because I see you as being a classless moron, it's alright for me to attack you ad hominem? What other cause would I have to attack you, because you're my portrait of a perfect human being? And yet you want no more personal attacks going on. Wow.
            .

            Originally Posted by jewpinthethird[link]:
            "If you get stung by enough bees you turn into a bee,
            because the venom gets into the blood stream which
            spreads bee DNA throughout your entire body...
            changing your genetic structure into a bee's.

            Every year roughly 125 people in America are turned into bees this way."


            Originally Posted by
            MrRubix[link]:
            "Do you basically bukkake-paint your walls every time you jack it?"

            Originally Posted by All_That_Chaz[link]:
            "My pity-sex depreciates at a rate of 5% annually."

            Comment

            • fido123
              FFR Player
              • Sep 2005
              • 4245

              #81
              Re: Obama's speech

              Originally posted by Afrobean
              I honestly don't get you people. Why do you like big government? Why do you want the government to do things for you that you should be able to do yourself?
              I defiantly don't think the government should do everything but it should do some. Keeping the citizens healthy is also does help the economy (not as much as it hurts it) by keeping it's citizens healthy therefore able to work. Health Care is just an essential IMO.


              Originally posted by Mr.Nothing
              OrganisM, you have given no thought to any of this debate, at all, other than "Mr.Nothing is dumb lolololololololli."
              Come off it, and actually bring a decent post for a change.
              And you've contributed nothing but "OBAMA ****ING SUCKS BECAUSE I SAID SO...I'M NOT TELLING YOU WHY BUT I'M RIGHT YOU'RE WRONG *Plugs Ears*"



              Originally posted by MooMoo_Cowfreak
              >_>

              I reported this entire thread. I feel like a total sheep lackey of the FFR administration, but it had to be done.
              It's a debate...few posts are a bit heated but it's a good and popular subject...personally OraganisM just needs to be a little more polite even if he doesn't want to be.


              PS: I agree with Grandia that his speeches don't always hit issues, but are more him just screaming "CHANGE"
              Last edited by fido123; 08-28-2008, 10:14 PM.

              Comment

              • Squeek
                let it snow~
                • Jan 2004
                • 14444

                #82
                Re: Obama's speech

                World War 3 is impossible. It will never happen.

                Please go to college before trying to make these inane statements.

                Mr. Nothing, OrganisM doesn't have to actually debunk your statements as they're nothing but bunk to begin with.

                It doesn't matter if I'm voting Obama or McCain. I can see logic, and you lack it.

                Comment

                • Mr.Nothing
                  R.I.P. Steve <3
                  • Aug 2007
                  • 1227

                  #83
                  Re: Obama's speech

                  Originally posted by djshox
                  Originally posted by Mr.Nothing
                  McCain is not the greatest candidate for president either.
                  This.

                  Originally posted by fido123
                  And you've contributed nothing but "OBAMA ****ING SUCKS BECAUSE I SAID SO...I'M NOT TELLING YOU WHY BUT I'M RIGHT YOU'RE WRONG *Plugs Ears*"
                  You're very wrong Fido, very wrong.
                  Seriously, did you actually READ a single one of my posts?

                  Comment

                  • Breakdown16
                    FFR Veteran
                    • Sep 2007
                    • 1938

                    #84
                    Re: Obama's speech

                    Originally posted by Grandiagod
                    Obama pisses me off because i don't like big bright eyed speeches.

                    They're distracting from the real issues and are basically big masturbation sessions about how great his is. I don't get how people can sit there and watch a guy talk about running their lives for them and how great everything is going to be when he gets elected and not hate them.

                    He's better than McCain still.
                    Yes, admittedly he's very charismatic. But I was under the impression that his speeches mainly discussed his future actions if he were elected president, not how his speeches would make everything great.


                    Made by arrekusuof93 at Ye Olde Photoshop Shoppe
                    Who remembers this thread? Brings back great memories XD

                    Comment

                    • OrganisM
                      FFR Player
                      • Oct 2006
                      • 2644

                      #85
                      Re: Obama's speech

                      Originally posted by Mr.Nothing
                      OrganisM, you have given no thought to any of this debate, at all, other than "Mr.Nothing is dumb lolololololololli."
                      Come off it, and actually bring a decent post for a change.
                      Uh, I've been busy trying to get you kids to quiet down first. Why will I debate with you? I'm not interested in arguing over semantics, nor am I interested in arguing a point when you have all these "facts" that seem to materialize from thin air. More often than not, it seems you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about, and so you have nothing to resort to but attacks on my character. And just to let you know, I don't have any party affiliation. But thanks for the assumption.
                      .

                      Originally Posted by jewpinthethird[link]:
                      "If you get stung by enough bees you turn into a bee,
                      because the venom gets into the blood stream which
                      spreads bee DNA throughout your entire body...
                      changing your genetic structure into a bee's.

                      Every year roughly 125 people in America are turned into bees this way."


                      Originally Posted by
                      MrRubix[link]:
                      "Do you basically bukkake-paint your walls every time you jack it?"

                      Originally Posted by All_That_Chaz[link]:
                      "My pity-sex depreciates at a rate of 5% annually."

                      Comment

                      • fido123
                        FFR Player
                        • Sep 2005
                        • 4245

                        #86
                        Re: Obama's speech

                        Originally posted by Mr.Nothing
                        You're very wrong Fido, very wrong.
                        Seriously, did you actually READ a single one of my posts?
                        I have...and I still don't see a single solid fact rather than an opinions you express as facts.

                        Comment

                        • ShAiOnEi
                          FFR Player
                          • May 2007
                          • 1110

                          #87
                          Re: Obama's speech

                          Originally posted by fido123
                          M4 carbine dur dur dur wtf am I talking about I am a dumbass.
                          McCain is a god damn Navy pilot shot down during Vietnam, he was not infantry ya dumbass. What in the hell does the ability having to know an m4 carbine have to do with military experience? I'm pretty sure you should know that Mccain was a POW for 5 years in that place and was tortured until he signed a letter stating that he disagreed with america. He never signed the letter and was rescued battered and beaten with his pride still intact.

                          Now if he doesn't have what it takes to become the next american president I don't know who the hell does.
                          I love my son Auron

                          Epic thread killer

                          Comment

                          • MooMoo_Cowfreak
                            Abraxas Hydroplane
                            • May 2006
                            • 1746

                            #88
                            Re: Obama's speech

                            Originally posted by fido123
                            It's a debate...few posts are a bit heated but it's a good and popular subject...personally OraganisM just needs to be a little more polite even if he doesn't want to be.
                            K your right, hadn't thought of that, it's dieing down now. This thread is moving so fast it's hard to tell what's it's gonna do.

                            P.S. Foilman has the best post in this thread.
                            Originally posted by hi19hi19
                            dumps abstractly represent the song with arrows

                            post-dumps abstractly represent the existential nihilism that the song invokes in the listener with negative space, evoking the ephemeral nature of the mind - the journey of stepmania begins in hope yet soon becomes corroded into a dialectic of futility, leaving only a sense of dread and the unlikelihood of a new synthesis

                            Comment

                            • Mr.Nothing
                              R.I.P. Steve <3
                              • Aug 2007
                              • 1227

                              #89
                              Re: Obama's speech

                              Originally posted by OrganisM
                              Uh, I've been busy trying to get you kids to quiet down first. Why will I debate with you? I'm not interested in arguing over semantics, nor am I interested in arguing a point when you have all these "facts" that seem to materialize from thin air. More often than not, it seems you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about, and so you have nothing to resort to but attacks on my character. And just to let you know, I don't have any party affiliation. But thanks for the assumption.
                              Originally posted by fido123
                              I have...and I still don't see a single solid fact rather than an opinions you express as facts.
                              I never said you did, and I never said what I stated were facts.
                              So, what the hell are you talking about, AGAIN.
                              And, two articles and posts about Obama's health care policy causing trillions of dollars in debt isn't facts?
                              I must be in a different dimension or something.

                              Comment

                              • OrganisM
                                FFR Player
                                • Oct 2006
                                • 2644

                                #90
                                Re: Obama's speech

                                Originally posted by Mr.Nothing
                                Seriously, did you actually READ a single one of my posts?
                                Oh, about that. Guys, we definitely don't want to miss all the "facts" from Mr.Nothing's posts. You can read them all right here.
                                .

                                Originally Posted by jewpinthethird[link]:
                                "If you get stung by enough bees you turn into a bee,
                                because the venom gets into the blood stream which
                                spreads bee DNA throughout your entire body...
                                changing your genetic structure into a bee's.

                                Every year roughly 125 people in America are turned into bees this way."


                                Originally Posted by
                                MrRubix[link]:
                                "Do you basically bukkake-paint your walls every time you jack it?"

                                Originally Posted by All_That_Chaz[link]:
                                "My pity-sex depreciates at a rate of 5% annually."

                                Comment

                                Working...