Re: Don't pump gas on May 15th ....
its 3.19 in my neborhood
i need to mow the lawn but i dont have the money=P
Don't pump gas on May 15th ....
Collapse
X
-
Re: Don't pump gas on May 15th ....
Got one reply...Last edited by madmatt621; 05-9-2007, 07:13 AM.Leave a comment:
-
-
Re: Don't pump gas on May 15th ....
So when do you think was the last time oil companies were DOWN money?
Think about 10 years ago.
Gas was like 49 - 55 cents a litre here (Yeah, I'm Canadian). People THEN thought gas was too expensive. Gas and oil companies THEN weren't complaining about money or whatever, in fact, they were probably living just as luxuriously as they are now, (well considering the times.)
So yeah, there's NO possible way the gas/oil companies are down ANY amount of money. The only thing that'll happen is that their profits won't be as high for one day... I'm sure they're going to really be hurting...Leave a comment:
-
Re: Don't pump gas on May 15th ....
Just forwarded your post to everyone on my email contact list. I might just print that message out and post it around town.
EDIT: I won't have college after next week so I'm good.Last edited by madmatt621; 05-4-2007, 02:27 PM.Leave a comment:
-
Re: Don't pump gas on May 15th ....
This has been going around myspace for a few days now. There's a lot of people in my area supporting this as well.Leave a comment:
-
Re: Don't pump gas on May 15th ....
That did make me laugh. A valid representation of my mindset with this ...JASONKEY
Beware the ides of May.
EXXON
What man is that?
BP
A soothsayer bids you beware the ides of May.
EXXON
Set him before me; let me see his face.
MOBIL
Fellow, come from the throng; look upon Exxon.
EXXON
What say'st thou to me now? speak once again.
JASONKEY
Beware the ides of May.
EXXON
He is a dreamer; let us leave him: pass.
------------------
nForcer, it's not price gouging if the oil companies aren't setting the prices. Also, it's not necessarily a bad thing in emergencies.
--Guido
http://andy.mikee385.com
The irony is, I am not one to generally bicker with anything pertaining to economics. Truthfully, from a social standpoint, most would called me VERY conservative. Having lived in Europe, I came back knowing free markets OWN, and that socialism is going down in the same fashion communism did in Eastern Europe and Russia.
The point on this little thing was to simply state, that I can and am willing to avoid putting gas in my car for 1 day. I am such a rebel .. DAMN the torpedoes! It is soooo difficult to do this.
OR, I could go troll the forums, ask why why why, spend more effort countering and arguing it into the ground and demand justifications for something that takes literally no time at all to NOT do.
I'm done
Leave a comment:
-
Re: Don't pump gas on May 15th ....
remind me to fill up my car on the 15th =P
jk, im in.Leave a comment:
-
Re: Don't pump gas on May 15th ....
I'm 16, have the opportunity to get a car. I have a job and I have money, but I really don't want to because of the bull costs that are involved in all of it, beyond even gas prices. I don't feel like pumping out hundreds a month into gas and insurance just so I can get places faster. I have friends to drive me places if I need to lol. Other then that, I have my trusty diamondbackLeave a comment:
-
Re: Don't pump gas on May 15th ....
What stretchy is saying is that minimizing how much you buy (use) instead of changing when you buy it is what makes the difference. Either way, gas companies sell the gas if you use gas normally and unrestricted.Leave a comment:
-
Re: Don't pump gas on May 15th ....
I have no car, no money... no problem. I've been helping this cause ever since I got into college
Leave a comment:
-
Re: Don't pump gas on May 15th ....
If we don't pump for one day, that puts the gas company down X number of dollars. This causes them to raise the prices so they can make this X amount of money back.Leave a comment:
-
Re: Don't pump gas on May 15th ....
JASONKEY
Beware the ides of May.
EXXON
What man is that?
BP
A soothsayer bids you beware the ides of May.
EXXON
Set him before me; let me see his face.
MOBIL
Fellow, come from the throng; look upon Exxon.
EXXON
What say'st thou to me now? speak once again.
JASONKEY
Beware the ides of May.
EXXON
He is a dreamer; let us leave him: pass.
------------------
nForcer, it's not price gouging if the oil companies aren't setting the prices. Also, it's not necessarily a bad thing in emergencies.
--Guido
Leave a comment:
Leave a comment: