Don't pump gas on May 15th ....

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Wlfwnd91
    replied
    Re: Don't pump gas on May 15th ....

    I was talking to my mom about it in the car, I didn't say "Don't pump gas on the 15th" I just said "Did you hear about it?" And she said "Yea, I heard about it and I'm going to do it." So.. You got my mom and her boyfriend

    Leave a comment:


  • Silver_Brian
    replied
    Re: Don't pump gas on May 15th ....

    $3.4x and going up at the cheap gas station here. Going to get my license on the 7th, and I really don't wanna drive because I'll be broke.

    Leave a comment:


  • marioGP87
    replied
    Re: Don't pump gas on May 15th ....

    where i am, its cheaper. (2.89 a gallon for a reg.)

    Leave a comment:


  • madmatt621
    replied
    Re: Don't pump gas on May 15th ....

    I'm going to print out copies of Jason's post and post them all around Houston. Anyone in?

    EDIT: Emailed the post to the local radio station.
    Last edited by madmatt621; 05-4-2007, 08:48 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • kevins_bebe
    replied
    Re: Don't pump gas on May 15th ....

    wow. i'm so telling everyone. mmmk. hope it gets on the news =]

    Leave a comment:


  • chunky_cheese
    replied
    Re: Don't pump gas on May 15th ....

    I did a conversion, and gas here in alberta, is 108.9 canadian dollars a litre, that's $4.20/Gallon canadian, that's 3.78/ Gallon U.S! And they won't stop rising! I live in Alberta, we are having a HUGE oil boom right now, and the price is like THAT?

    Leave a comment:


  • madmatt621
    replied
    Re: Don't pump gas on May 15th ....

    Originally posted by DARKSAMUS
    After hurricane katrina gas in GA was $3.99 a gallon
    After Hurricane Rita hit where 20% of the oil is shipped to, prices started to increase rapidly here.

    Leave a comment:


  • DARKSAMUS
    replied
    Re: Don't pump gas on May 15th ....

    After hurricane katrina gas in GA was $3.99 a gallon

    Leave a comment:


  • Squeek
    replied
    Re: Don't pump gas on May 15th ....

    Originally posted by GuidoHunter
    Oil companies don't set gas prices.
    Oil companies don't set gas prices.
    Oil companies don't set gas prices.

    The price of a barrel of crude is purely an economic issue. Supply and demand, taxes, and all sorts of other things factor into it.

    --Guido

    http://andy.mikee385.com
    That's why the heads of major oil corporations had to go before Congress and explain why when the price of crude oil decreases, the savings aren't passed onto the consumers, right? One quote I think I remember is "The oil corporations reported a record year of profit while consumers noted gas prices nearly doubled."

    So, if they're enjoying record profits, why are gas prices still going up?

    Leave a comment:


  • jewpinthethird
    replied
    Re: Don't pump gas on May 15th ....

    You want to do something about it? Get your gun and meet me at the Exxon mobile headquarters.

    Leave a comment:


  • GuidoHunter
    replied
    Re: Don't pump gas on May 15th ....

    Originally posted by FluorescentArmy
    It all depends if the oil companies are greedy.
    Oil companies don't set gas prices.
    Oil companies don't set gas prices.
    Oil companies don't set gas prices.

    The price of a barrel of crude is purely an economic issue. Supply and demand, taxes, and all sorts of other things factor into it.

    --Guido

    Leave a comment:


  • FluorescentArmy
    replied
    Re: Don't pump gas on May 15th ....

    @Obs:

    I guess you're right. It could go two ways in my opinion. Way 1: My first post in this thread sums it up. Way 2: Lower demand, higher supply and prices drop. It all depends if the oil companies are greedy.

    Leave a comment:


  • JTOTHEACKIE2
    replied
    Re: Don't pump gas on May 15th ....

    it's just to make a statement....like people don't talk for a day and paint their faces white for people killed by drunk drivers.....some people take a vow or silence for a day to promote gays/bis....people are just trying to make a point it sounds like a great idea.....maybe more than one day like this would scare the companies and lower prices slightly....i just want my parents to stop asking me for cash cause they spend it all on gas

    Leave a comment:


  • JONES
    replied
    Re: Don't pump gas on May 15th ....

    Floating around $3 here. glad I dont drive, =p

    Leave a comment:


  • BLaCkHawKDowN615
    replied
    Re: Don't pump gas on May 15th ....

    this should have happened a long time ago. gas should have never gotten over $2, but over 3 is insane.

    Leave a comment:

Working...