Don't pump gas on May 15th ....

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • madmatt621
    replied
    Re: Don't pump gas on May 15th ....

    Hey guys. Just got back from posted up fliers about not pumping gas on May 15th. I only had time to drive in and around southeast, south central, and southwest Houston. I almost got bitched at by HPD. I'll see about getting across downtown Houston to the north side of town.

    Leave a comment:


  • nforcer06164
    replied
    Re: Don't pump gas on May 15th ....

    Spec, I wasn't trying to be a smartass. I don't really think there's any reason to argue this any further.

    Leave a comment:


  • Specforces
    replied
    Re: Don't pump gas on May 15th ....

    Oh, I know he didn't mastermind it cheeky one. Also, I'm well aware that this has been argued against effectively, la la la, whatever. I don't even use gas every single day, so it doesn't matter to me one bit.

    Leave a comment:


  • nforcer06164
    replied
    Re: Don't pump gas on May 15th ....

    Originally posted by Specforces
    I'm sorry Jason, but this will have little to no effect and is basically stupid.
    I think it's been argued enough, don't you think?

    I think it's pretty well-established that this is going to happen. It wasn't Jason's cunning plan; it's been circulating across the nation. If it has an effect, that yay for us. If it doesn't, then I guess we learned a lesson: Day-long boycotts do not work. It's not much of a sacrifice, so what do we have to lose? It's not like abstaining from oil for a day is going to make the situation we're already in any worse.

    Leave a comment:


  • Specforces
    replied
    Re: Don't pump gas on May 15th ....

    I'm sorry Jason, but this will have little to no effect and is basically stupid.

    Leave a comment:


  • tn5421
    replied
    Re: Don't pump gas on May 15th ....

    Originally posted by Squeek
    Spite.

    That's how.

    Oil prices are a monopoly. They can make something up to put the blame of the price hike, then go ahead and do whatever they want with it.

    Hooray for elasticity. 'Nobody will buy gas less. Take economics.' Gas prices are the one thing people care about, but can't do anything about. It's not like McDonalds starts charging $4 for a burger, so you go across the street to Burger King. No. It's Exxon charges $4.50. Mobil charges $4.50. Sunoco charges $4.50. BP charges $4.50. Shell charges $4.50.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elasticity_%28economics%29
    Oil companies are evil. Empires are evil. Kingdoms are good. Democracy is good.[/joke]

    I have taken economics, and this is discussed in the first month.

    Leave a comment:


  • nathanj
    replied
    Re: Don't pump gas on May 15th ....

    me = NO GAS

    no more burritos!!!!!

    lol

    now thats a sad bit

    Leave a comment:


  • Tasselfoot
    replied
    Re: Don't pump gas on May 15th ....

    please. we all know that the Aliens control the mass media, as well as the White House.

    they're only going to try and further their own nefarious plans via this "scheme", not ours.

    Leave a comment:


  • JasonKey
    replied
    Re: Don't pump gas on May 15th ....

    Originally posted by lightdarkness
    Uhh, they're just gonna make it back on May 16th...

    Sorry to burst your bubble It's been tried before
    You should read the rest of the discussion before you try and fondle my bubble ..

    :P

    Think outside of the bubble you discuss The fact that its being discussed on CNN makes it clear that it served a purpose.

    Leave a comment:


  • lightdarkness
    replied
    Re: Don't pump gas on May 15th ....

    Uhh, they're just gonna make it back on May 16th...

    Sorry to burst your bubble It's been tried before

    Leave a comment:


  • Shadow_Hunter
    replied
    Re: Don't pump gas on May 15th ....

    Quoting EXACTLY what you said and posting it on other forums right now. I will participate too.

    Leave a comment:


  • JasonKey
    replied
    Re: Don't pump gas on May 15th ....

    CNN is now mentioning this, recommending solutions that actually have a greater impact.

    Who would have thought ..

    Leave a comment:


  • shade11
    replied
    Re: Don't pump gas on May 15th ....

    Originally posted by madmatt621
    I'm leaving my house at 8a tomorrow morning.

    . . . and a legend begins.

    Leave a comment:


  • madmatt621
    replied
    Re: Don't pump gas on May 15th ....

    Originally posted by shade11
    Can't wait for it to happen.
    I'm leaving my house at 8a tomorrow morning.

    Leave a comment:


  • shade11
    replied
    Re: Don't pump gas on May 15th ....

    Originally posted by madmatt621
    Damn straight it would.
    Can't wait for it to happen.

    Leave a comment:

Working...