Re: Don't pump gas on May 15th ....
Yea, I'm from Texas and the prices are an average $2.80/per gallon.
Don't pump gas on May 15th ....
Collapse
X
-
Re: Don't pump gas on May 15th ....
Those prices aren't low. Prices dropped under two dollars in the winter. That was low. They're just low compared to the rest of the country. Especially Chicago. Man, the oil companies must just ****ing hate us.Leave a comment:
-
Re: Don't pump gas on May 15th ....
Actually I'm in Mississippi, and Hurricane Katrina decimated several of our oil reserves along the coast.Well, stretchy, that's because there's oil in everybody's backyards in Texas and you could just let the oil sit out in the scorching Texas sun for awhile to distill it. Some people who don't like getting their hands dirty, of course, don't do this, but overall the demand in Texas is low due to that.
EXPLAIN MY LOW PRICES NOW.Leave a comment:
-
Re: Don't pump gas on May 15th ....
Well, stretchy, that's because there's oil in everybody's backyards in Texas and you could just let the oil sit out in the scorching Texas sun for awhile to distill it. Some people who don't like getting their hands dirty, of course, don't do this, but overall the demand in Texas is low due to that.Leave a comment:
-
Re: Don't pump gas on May 15th ....
I paid like $2.66 today.
lol Northern states.Leave a comment:
-
Re: Don't pump gas on May 15th ....
I think I paid like 3.30 where I got it.
And as for alternatives to oil: none of them are cost effective, even if they exist. Basically, oil alternatives are too costly to produce to replace oil. Not only that, but the roots of the oil industry are very deep... think of how many gas stations and car companies rely on selling of gasoline. Imagine how much it would cost to make a massive switch over to an alternate source of energy.Leave a comment:
-
Re: Don't pump gas on May 15th ....
Someone watches a bit too many conspiracy films.As if we haven't found alternative sources of energy? It's been done a few times, and the oil companies have shut it down and made it disappear each time.
As the need for oil grows, and oil becomes scarce, the companies will run out of room to grow. Time works against them, though the owners don't care; they'll be long dead.Leave a comment:
-
Re: Don't pump gas on May 15th ....
What is the price up there in Michigan? I haven't checked this evening, but during the afternoon Chicago suburb prices were hovering at $3.55. Yeah, I'm not joking.Leave a comment:
-
Re: Don't pump gas on May 15th ....
Just got 20$ worth.
Got about half a tank.
Rofl.Leave a comment:
-
Re: Don't pump gas on May 15th ....
BTW it was on the news my sister even knew about it x_x;Leave a comment:
-
Re: Don't pump gas on May 15th ....
Over here the only place that's good to get some gas would be Albertson's they're lower than the other places I think they're only up to...what? 1.98 D; I dunno.Leave a comment:
-
Re: Don't pump gas on May 15th ....
Sorry, no. The worst thing that could happen is the price actually going up.I guess we'll find out what happens after today. Like was already stated, it's not like anyone's asking you to do something, they're asking you to NOT do something for one day. The worst that will happen is the prices stay the same, so why fight it? Just go with the flow. Don't pump any gas today
ps I gotta get gas tonight. How have the prices been?Leave a comment:
-
Re: Don't pump gas on May 15th ....
Yay, I didn't pump gas!!!Leave a comment:
-
Re: Don't pump gas on May 15th ....
Lose the car and get a segway if you really want to screw over the oil companies. Plus segways are awesome. If you need to transport children or large objects, attach a wagon to the back...Leave a comment:
-
Re: Don't pump gas on May 15th ....
Okay, so this is basically the same thing that happened to the Immigration thing with Mexicans. They had told them to boycott everything for a week or so, but that didn't work out. o_O So, I dunno how this is working out but great luck to you guys. I'd participate but my parent's could careless about what I say, and I don't own a car. Lucky me. Good Luck.Leave a comment:
Leave a comment: