I suppose I've put off telling you guys for long enough...

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • stretchypanda
    shock me shock me
    • Sep 2004
    • 4123

    #61
    Re: I suppose I've put off telling you guys for long enough...

    Although I may appear obsessed with getting married, I really am not. I get "wedding fever", but only in the sense that I would like to go to someone's wedding, not have my own. I am only 21, for crying out loud.

    Comment

    • nforcer06164
      FFR Player
      • Mar 2003
      • 4772

      #62
      Re: I suppose I've put off telling you guys for long enough...

      Nowadays, I think that early, early 20s might be pushing it in terms of getting married, only because becoming financially stable is a huge necessity before making a commitment like that. If you can somehow maintain a comfortable standard of living, then go for it.

      Well, unless your parents are rich. Then you have a springboard.

      PROUD OWNER OF TWO OMEGA FAVORS. YEAH, NICE TRY.
      Giant NES Controller (4 FEET) progress: PAINT IS DONE!
      Download my Wii Music Suite v1.0, and PM me with your input!

      Originally posted by Squeek
      My mind says "GOGOGOG" and my hands go "wut no scru u ***"

      Comment

      • Billydude
        FFR Player
        • Apr 2006
        • 880

        #63
        Re: I suppose I've put off telling you guys for long enough...

        congrats. =D I hope your marriage goes well.

        Originally posted by Chrissi
        If you eat a pizza it does not give you the urge to fly a kite.
        Originally posted by beaner692
        What if Billy talked to her? hes irrisistable

        Comment

        • JurseyRider734
          lil j the bad b-word
          • Aug 2003
          • 7507

          #64
          Re: I suppose I've put off telling you guys for long enough...

          Originally posted by stretchypanda
          Although I may appear obsessed with getting married, I really am not. I get "wedding fever", but only in the sense that I would like to go to someone's wedding, not have my own. I am only 21, for crying out loud.
          By "you" I meant people (or women) in general, not necessarily you.
          Originally posted by Arch0wl
          I'd better be considering I own roughly six textbooks on logic and have taken courses involving its extensive use

          Originally posted by Afrobean
          Originally Posted by JurseyRider734
          the fact that you're resorting to threatening physical violence says a lot anyway.
          Just that you're a piece of shit who can't see reason and instead deserves a fucking beating.

          Comment

          • msbrunnettemickey
            FFR Player
            • Sep 2004
            • 1780

            #65
            Re: I suppose I've put off telling you guys for long enough...

            Can't wait to get married!

            בקצה השמיים, ובסוף המדבר, יש מקום רחוק מלא פרחי בר
            מקום קטן, עלוב ומשוגע, מקום רחוק מקום לדאגה
            יש אומרים שם שמשיקרה וחושבים אל כל מה שקרה
            אלוהים שם יושב ורואה ושומר אל כל משברא
            אסור לקטוף את פרחי הגן
            אסור לקטוף את פרחי הגן
            ודואג ודואג נורא

            Comment

            • -Tibs-
              FFR Player
              • May 2006
              • 5235

              #66
              Re: I suppose I've put off telling you guys for long enough...

              Me neither.

              Metal covers of vidya game songs

              Comment

              • MixMasterLar
                Beach Bum Extraordinaire
                FFR Simfile Author
                • Aug 2006
                • 5401

                #67
                Re: I suppose I've put off telling you guys for long enough...

                BEST of LUCK!

                I hope to one day know what love feels like. You two have a wonderfull life together
                ​

                Comment

                • lord_carbo
                  FFR Player
                  • Dec 2004
                  • 6222

                  #68
                  Re: I suppose I've put off telling you guys for long enough...

                  Originally posted by Pikachu655
                  That's why i don't tell my location and i ment that with every inch of evil in me...Tell me what good comes out of a marrage for a man..? Feal free to post your answer on my wall...If you're brave enough...

                  I do have to apologize this is gunna be weird sounding but i shouldn't have come in and started dogging you so quickly So i Apologize and if you still hate me...then that's ok...
                  You're retarded, lonely, and needing of a beating since your parents obviously neglected you.
                  last.fm

                  Comment

                  • Tps222
                    FFR Player
                    • Nov 2004
                    • 6169

                    #69
                    Re: I suppose I've put off telling you guys for long enough...

                    Congrats dude. I wish all the best for you two.

                    Comment

                    • lord_carbo
                      FFR Player
                      • Dec 2004
                      • 6222

                      #70
                      Re: I suppose I've put off telling you guys for long enough...

                      Originally posted by djshox
                      Congrats man, hope for all the best for you two.

                      Just a question, why did you feel the need to get engaged? Isn't dating each other proving your devotion and loyalty JUST AS MUCH as being engaged? I mean the only difference is a title. :S
                      It's customary.
                      last.fm

                      Comment

                      • nforcer06164
                        FFR Player
                        • Mar 2003
                        • 4772

                        #71
                        Re: I suppose I've put off telling you guys for long enough...

                        Usually, getting engaged involves the guy asking something along the lines of "Will you marry me?" with the presentation of a ring. I think it's a necessary step, no?

                        PROUD OWNER OF TWO OMEGA FAVORS. YEAH, NICE TRY.
                        Giant NES Controller (4 FEET) progress: PAINT IS DONE!
                        Download my Wii Music Suite v1.0, and PM me with your input!

                        Originally posted by Squeek
                        My mind says "GOGOGOG" and my hands go "wut no scru u ***"

                        Comment

                        • MixMasterLar
                          Beach Bum Extraordinaire
                          FFR Simfile Author
                          • Aug 2006
                          • 5401

                          #72
                          Re: I suppose I've put off telling you guys for long enough...

                          Originally posted by djshox
                          Congrats man, hope for all the best for you two.

                          Just a question, why did you feel the need to get engaged? Isn't dating each other proving your devotion and loyalty JUST AS MUCH as being engaged? I mean the only difference is a title. :S
                          Im this day and age, no. Only getting married to her is devotion

                          And the "title" means alot to a lady, as I found out
                          ​

                          Comment

                          • ninjja_
                            FFR Player
                            • Feb 2007
                            • 38

                            #73
                            Re: I suppose I've put off telling you guys for long enough...

                            congrats.


                            ~AAAs: 3 or 4? Most recent is Spontaneous Hydroxide..~

                            Comment

                            • JurseyRider734
                              lil j the bad b-word
                              • Aug 2003
                              • 7507

                              #74
                              Re: I suppose I've put off telling you guys for long enough...

                              Hi, this is my boyfriend...

                              Hi, this is my fiancé...

                              Has a nice little ring to it.
                              Originally posted by Arch0wl
                              I'd better be considering I own roughly six textbooks on logic and have taken courses involving its extensive use

                              Originally posted by Afrobean
                              Originally Posted by JurseyRider734
                              the fact that you're resorting to threatening physical violence says a lot anyway.
                              Just that you're a piece of shit who can't see reason and instead deserves a fucking beating.

                              Comment

                              • evilbutterfly
                                FFR Player
                                • Apr 2003
                                • 5784

                                #75
                                Re: I suppose I've put off telling you guys for long enough...

                                Well now, I'm surprised everybody is being so nice about it. I figured I'd get the inverse of what's happening (aka: 1 gj post and 100 OMFG UR DUM posts). Thanks everybody. =) And now for the quoting....

                                Originally posted by Windscarredfaith
                                1. How did you propose?!
                                2. Where do you live? (So people who want to go to your wedding can see how far away they are from you)
                                3. Where's the honeymoon? ;]
                                1) Kinda a long story. Proposed years ago when we were WAY too young. Standard get on a knee give her a ring dealio. She got nervous and felt she was too young and was scared and did the natural young girl thing and broke up with me. We got back together finally and about a year ago we talked about marriage and just kinda agreed to do it. It wasn't so fancy this time around. XD
                                2) North Carolina, in case you guys didn't know. Then again, I think anybody who would be serious about coming would already know. >__>
                                3) Either I forget or it's not figured out yet. But remember, we're poor and can't do anything ridiculous. Maybe just going to the beach or something. XD

                                Originally posted by -Tibs-
                                when i saw this thread title i thought "he's either gay or engaged"
                                >=O!!! @ you and everybody else. Is it that I come off as gay or is it that you guys never thought I'd get married? XD

                                Originally posted by MalReynolds
                                Is she hot?
                                Of course. Definitely not like my really fat first girlfriend. >_______>

                                But I'm pretty sure I posted pictures of her a while back and everybody said "wow I thought you were a loser how'd you get a hot girlfriend" and other similar things. =P

                                Originally posted by Synthlight
                                Congrats! If it means anything, I was married at 23 to my wife that I met when I was 19 and we are still together with 2 kids.
                                Turns out (we didn't know this when we decided to do this) my parents got married when they were ~20 as did my oldest sister. They're all still together and happy. =)

                                Originally posted by Pikachu655
                                I Hope it ends In a painstakeing way, In other words: I hope you get a divorce. Save your self, don't get marryed!
                                I hope you blow me.

                                Originally posted by GuidoHunter
                                Honestly, when I saw you were engaged on facebook I didn't think it was real because I didn't see any post on FFR announcing such.

                                Best of luck to you both, though.
                                Yeah, I wondered if any of you facebook/FFR people would notice. I suppose the rather massive number of fake marriages on facebook (I think I was married to My Left Hand for a while) make it hard to believe. =P

                                Originally posted by Pikachu655
                                Tell me what good comes out of a marrage for a man..?
                                This asshole is posting again? First of all, learn to ****ing type. Second of all, infinite sex. And children. Little children that I will teach to play video games with me. And be badass. But most of all, infinite sex. Besides, I value security and constancy more than I value being able to date around and **** anybody I want. I never was one to date around and **** everybody anyway. -__-

                                Originally posted by Rebirth0
                                I was actually wondering what happened to you. I haven't seen you around lately, but I guess you've been in the parts of the site that I don't really visit.
                                Yeah, for a while I didn't wander out of the TWG and GVG forums. Then I quit TWG and basically just stayed in the Maplestory thread all the time. I've tried to branch out again and post here and there, but between work, school, making my game, and playing games, I don't have tons of time for FFR. =\

                                Originally posted by Kagome
                                Is it Jenna?
                                Yes. =P

                                Originally posted by Afrobean
                                I'd love to come out for it, but I'll need to work out the logistics on it (ie if I can get off of work then, how much it'll cost etc). I wasn't expecting it to be quite so soon haha.
                                I was thinking if Jason was gonna come (cuz we all know he can just take off and go to other countries/states ;D) that you could ride with him or something. Then again you might start talking about how he thinks making new chars is dumb and you think not doing so is dumb, and you'd both be dead before you get to the wedding. =\

                                Originally posted by Shashakiro
                                Congrats and all.

                                Why would anyone have a problem with it? >_>
                                My parents' main problem with it is money. As soon as I'm married, I can't be their dependant, so I won't be covered under their insurance (I am now because I'm a full time college student, so it covers me even though I'm over 18). Plus, they can't take out college loans for me unless I'm their dependant, so that may be hard. BUT! I'm pretty sure there are scholarships and aid for married people in college, I need to look into it. Also, Jenna and I are both getting insurance at our jobs soon, so that won't matter too much. Actually, it'll be sweet, cuz we can see which of our insurances is better for each thing and use that one. =P

                                Originally posted by djshox
                                Just a question, why did you feel the need to get engaged? Isn't dating each other proving your devotion and loyalty JUST AS MUCH as being engaged? I mean the only difference is a title. :S
                                It's the next logical step, I suppose? Even as loyal as we both are, that title means a lot to both of us.

                                Hi, this is my boyfriend...

                                Hi, this is my fiancé...

                                Has a nice little ring to it.
                                More like "Hi, this is my wife. My really really hot wife." ;D
                                So I've gone completely slack-ass and haven't done any work on creating games. =(

                                In less-depressing news, I got a job for an online business (which sells non-electronic games, of all things!) which has taught me a lot about marketing online and all that jazz.

                                So now I'm on Twitter @NoahWright.
                                And I write the blog for their website.

                                Plus I do cool programming in-house that you'll never see. =O

                                Comment

                                Working...