Super Smash Brothers Melee

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • skaterocker
    FFR Veteran
    • Apr 2007
    • 4

    #256
    Re: Super Smash Brothers Melee

    i use marth
    Art is a Bang hmph!

    Comment

    • Chromer
      Hookers and Blow
      • Jul 2003
      • 4981

      #257
      Re: Super Smash Brothers Melee

      Originally posted by MYZZ
      i know a guy who is just about un-beatable with samus
      btw
      do any of u guyz play with "no edging"? .. meaning that u have to let the person get to the ledge without hitting him or holding the ledge .. but u can throw projectiles or jump off and then hit
      LOL XD.

      That's what I call beinga straight up scared bitch. If I ever approached my friends with that idea, I'd be joked forever about it.

      Comment

      • MYZZ
        FFR Player
        • Oct 2005
        • 130

        #258
        Re: Super Smash Brothers Melee

        ^^i dont play super smash brothers much because i dont own the game but i know alot of experienced/hardcore players around my area that play mostly by the "no edging rule"

        they and myself consider it honorable and fair to let your opponent to have a chance to continue fighting .. i dunno why you guyz find this weird or funny
        this is set up they usually play with

        - 4 or 5 lives
        - no items
        - no time limit
        - equal power (no handicaps)

        now again the no edging rule is that after an opponent has been knocked off the stage the player on the stage can not wait by the edge trying to hit him or hold the ledge, the enemy must have the chance to reach the ledge .. what a person can do is throw projectiles (such as link's bomb) or shoot (such as samus's cannon or fox's laser) .. and/or jump off the stage and hit the opponent in mid air

        its a pretty fair rule and some of u guyz should try it
        i doubt the players around my area are not the only ppl that follow this rule

        Comment

        • ckj846
          FFR Player
          • Jan 2004
          • 2437

          #259
          Re: Super Smash Brothers Melee

          The whole point of the game is to make sure that your opponent does not return to the stage. Edge guarding may be deemed "cheap" or "unfair" but it's part of the game. Playing without edge guarding is like playing basketball without a backboard.

          O_o
          pyro31191: TELL EVERYONE YOU WANT TO TAKE IT IN THE ASS NOW
          pyro31191: rofl
          pyro31191: You should tell them earlier though
          pyro31191: so they can buy dildos instead of fleshlights

          Comment

          • slickskater29
            FFR Player
            • Mar 2004
            • 119

            #260
            Re: Super Smash Brothers Melee

            Yea, I would never play that way. We use MLG rules here.
            4 Stocks
            8 Minute time limit
            no items
            legal stages only

            Comment

            • ToshX
              FFR Player
              • Feb 2004
              • 5111

              #261
              Re: Super Smash Brothers Melee

              Originally posted by MYZZ
              honorable and fair
              These two words should never be used in competitive gaming.

              At least not the first one.

              It IS fair, it's not like only he can do it and you cannot.

              Comment

              • TheCookieMonster
                FFR Player
                • Mar 2007
                • 41

                #262
                Re: Super Smash Brothers Melee

                SSBM is fun, everyone says that they play it...
                almost actually...

                EDIT: I asked the wrong group, it was not set up to any group, but to specific. I learned about statistic distortion in Psychology a little while ago. I know I was dumb, but not anymore.
                Last edited by TheCookieMonster; 09-27-2008, 03:42 PM.

                Comment

                • MarukuAntoni
                  mmmMMMmmm
                  • Apr 2007
                  • 521

                  #263
                  Re: Super Smash Brothers Melee

                  i use to play this game alot until i realized i totally sucked at it compared to others
                  IF I CAN CLIMB A TREE, I CAN CLIMB MT EVEREST. IF I CAN DRIVE A CAR, I CAN PILOT A SPACE SHUTTLE. IF I CAN PEE, I CAN BE THE PRESIDENT. IF I CAN POO, I CAN RULE THE WORLD!

                  Comment

                  • PunkrockLove
                    FFR Player
                    • Jan 2007
                    • 31

                    #264
                    Re: Super Smash Brothers Melee

                    - Roy
                    - Sheik
                    - Samus

                    My best character would have to be Roy, I like playing Samus on VS and Sheik on with other human players.
                    sigpic

                    Comment

                    • Sh4d0wRe4p3r666
                      FFR Player
                      • May 2007
                      • 1441

                      #265
                      Re: Super Smash Brothers Melee

                      I'll name my favorites.
                      1. Sheik
                      2. Roy
                      3. Marth
                      4. Mr. Watchman
                      5. Mewtwo

                      Comment

                      • vashthestampede0987
                        FFR Player
                        • Jan 2004
                        • 2997

                        #266
                        Re: Super Smash Brothers Melee

                        Originally posted by Sh4d0wRe4p3r666
                        I'll name my favorites.
                        1. Sheik
                        2. Roy
                        3. Marth
                        4. Mr. Watchman
                        5. Mewtwo
                        LOL
                        Omega owes me [1] omega favor
                        I am God of Hot Pockets, fear my fillings for they may be hot.


                        Originally posted by Synthlight
                        I hate myself.

                        Cheers,

                        Synthlight
                        xxpla tonic love: GIVE IT TO ME
                        xxpla tonic love: ****ing give it to me

                        Comment

                        • Sh4d0wRe4p3r666
                          FFR Player
                          • May 2007
                          • 1441

                          #267
                          Re: Super Smash Brothers Melee

                          Why do you need to postwhore like that?

                          Comment

                          • TheCookieMonster
                            FFR Player
                            • Mar 2007
                            • 41

                            #268
                            Re: Super Smash Brothers Melee

                            blah blah blah, SSBM is the most popular game out there

                            EDIT: blah blah blah, it was one of the only games I knew of back then.
                            Last edited by TheCookieMonster; 09-27-2008, 03:41 PM.

                            Comment

                            • TheCookieMonster
                              FFR Player
                              • Mar 2007
                              • 41

                              #269
                              Re: Super Smash Brothers Melee

                              i use the following characters a lot: Ness, Link, Marth, Mario, and Jigglypuff

                              Comment

                              • dawg4321
                                FFR Player
                                • Mar 2005
                                • 1913

                                #270
                                Re: Super Smash Brothers Melee

                                Roy all the way. Don't really play it anymore though.


                                Comment

                                Working...