Super Smash Brothers Melee

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • |||NotED|||
    FFR Player
    • Dec 2006
    • 6

    #211
    Re: Super Smash Brothers Melee

    Marth. Win. There's not too many skilled players in my area either but with a little travel Duquene(I think I butchered that) has friendly matches or tournaments every Friday which I have yet to go to and a lot of skilled players show up. I myself am not all that good at shffling atm and need to work on that

    Comment

    • masterhickle
      FFR Player
      • Apr 2005
      • 557

      #212
      Re: Super Smash Brothers Melee

      Originally posted by Suicidalfatman
      How about no. Here is your perfect grammar nerd.
      Fixed.

      I'm still a turnip whore.
      Nothing wrong at all with being a turnip whore, and I can give you four reasons as to why : Stitches, Bo-bomb, Mr. Saturn, and Beam Sword.

      Stitches is a turnip that somewhat resembles this face : =_=. The turnip hits with the power of a smash attack, and eats shields like a smash attack. Stitches is around a 1/40 - 1/50 probability of being pulled.

      I'm not sure on the exact numbers, but I want to say (for some reason or another) that it's a 1/300 chance to pull either a Bo-bomb, Mr. Saturn, or Beam Sword. While the odds are low, what could be better than pulling any of these three items? Bo-bombs just hurt (and they do fly faster through the air it seems), Saturns destroy shields if you get up close and just spam A, and Beam Swords are Beam Swords, enough said =P.

      That being said, turnip whore away if you wish =P
      Last edited by masterhickle; 05-2-2007, 04:53 AM.

      Comment

      • slickskater29
        FFR Player
        • Mar 2004
        • 119

        #213
        Re: Super Smash Brothers Melee

        Originally posted by Suicidalfatman
        Good Now This Is Now Officially The Worst Site The Internet Right Next To Synthlights Moms Beastality, And To All Those Music Conducters And Cant Make Simfiles To Save There Life. **** You All. Cant Wait To Get Banned From Another Gay Game. Stupid Noobs
        lawl, capslock filter!

        @|||NotED||| whats ur real name, or ur SSBM tag. Ive been to dequesne abunch of times, im Na!l.

        @ckj846 I'm a turnip whoring Peach main as well. It is impossible to figure out the odds of pulling turnips (without asking a developer). But in my experience, Saturn is as common as a Stitchface. Bombs are less rare than a Beamsword, but not much. Do you know how to turnip cycle? Ill edit this at school to explain it, gotta go catch the bus.

        EDIT: The fastest way to Turnip Cycle-Mash Down+B until the pulling animation starts. Once it starts, mash Up+A (dont worry about tilting it, you cant jump while pulling a turnip) Once she throws it, repeat. I always do this when my opponent is off stage, away from me, or dead. Cycling makes it easier to pull a special item or stiches.

        if you are going to throw a turnip, make it a smash throw (the same way you would do a smash attack) C-stick throw does the same thing.

        Last note: Turnip Taunt. Only do this if you make a sweet KO, because turnip cycling is the best thing you can do. Pull a turnip, C-stick throw up, taunt, then catch it with A.
        Last edited by slickskater29; 05-2-2007, 06:48 AM.

        Comment

        • ToshX
          FFR Player
          • Feb 2004
          • 5111

          #214
          Re: Super Smash Brothers Melee

          Well you could take apart the game to figure out the odds of pulling turnips.

          Comment

          • magister_negi_magi
            FFR Player
            • Feb 2005
            • 491

            #215
            Re: Super Smash Brothers Melee

            I'm fairly sure that Stitches(a new SSBM term for me lolz) hits harder than a Smash attack. Also, most items can only be thrown and land on the ground a certain number of times before they "poof" and are gone. If you can prevent a non-exploding item from hitting the ground when you throw it, then it's perfectly fine to keep battering your enemy with it. Problem with Peach's Turnips is that they disappear not only if they hit the ground, but if they spend too long in the airborne exchange between a character's hands, i.e., an air-time-limit. Because of that, whenever I pull a Stitches, I'd prefer to keep it in my hand an use it to break shields or only throw him when I know I've got an guaranteed hit.

            Comment

            • slickskater29
              FFR Player
              • Mar 2004
              • 119

              #216
              Re: Super Smash Brothers Melee

              Correct, negi_magi. Another thing to note about turnips (i dunno if this is true for all throwable items) is that their catch box doubles when caught. Meaning, that if you throw and catch a turnip, the second time you try to catch it, the furtest away that you can be while still being able to catch it (catch box) is doubled. It keeps doubleing until it disappears. So, after i get stitches, I try to throw him while im close to my opponent and catch him as fast as possible.

              I didnt even notice that Alucard posted again. Yea, it takes no skill to do it, but to know how to survive it takes skill.

              Comment

              • masterhickle
                FFR Player
                • Apr 2005
                • 557

                #217
                Re: Super Smash Brothers Melee

                I didnt even notice that Alucard posted again. Yea, it takes no skill to do it, but to know how to survive it takes skill.
                Just to clear up any possible questions on how to survive (as either character)...

                The Kirby-cide throws can be broken before Kirby begins his descent on the throw. The only exception to this is the Up Throw, which cannot be broken at all (though, to Kirby-cide it, you must be RIGHT next to the edge).

                Eat-drop...
                If you get eaten, just start mashing the control stick to break it. You get pseudo-spiked by breaking out if you are off the stage, so the earlier you break out, the greater your chances of survival.
                As Kirby, you simply need to start mashing jump before you hit the bottom of the screen (after eating someone, you get your double jumps back). It takes practice, but is fun to do =P.

                While the tactics may be considered "cheap" by some, the Kirby-cides are rather escapable if you know what you are doing.

                Comment

                • -paexaea-
                  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
                  • Apr 2007
                  • 4611

                  #218
                  Re: Super Smash Brothers Melee

                  In the past I used to win a whole bunch of tournaments with Captain Falcon. I destroyed the whole competition by barely even using the B attacks. Of course, I kinda spammed the Down-A kick.
                  See you, Space Cowboy.

                  Comment

                  • |||NotED|||
                    FFR Player
                    • Dec 2006
                    • 6

                    #219
                    Re: Super Smash Brothers Melee

                    @slickskater29 I've actually never gone there. My friend recently told me about because he thought I would fair well there. It may be awhile until I have the time to go down but I'll let you know when I do.

                    Comment

                    • masterhickle
                      FFR Player
                      • Apr 2005
                      • 557

                      #220
                      Re: Super Smash Brothers Melee

                      @ Alucard4_6
                      I'm not rejecting your line of thought currently, but I will say this : I used to think the way you do right now. I thought like that until I started going to friendlies (at Duquesne), and people on a completely different level than me played in "retarded" ways (Marth forward air, Fox shine, Ganondorf <insert aerial here>). You'll realize, that while some tactics are "retarded" or "unskilled," they are the best ways to play some characters

                      I hope that some new light was shed by this statement. (And as I said, I accept your line of thought, as I used to think like that).

                      @ -paexaea-
                      I hope you used some of his famous "Knee of Justice" =P (forward air). It hits like a meteor when landed correctly, and is his best killer ^^. (Though, nothing beats a well timed falcon punch on a recovery, LOL.)

                      @ |||NotED|||
                      Duquesne SSBM friendly matches are actually done for the summer (I think the last day of matches was the 27th of April). The building the matches took place in was run by the students, and the students are done with school (Though, while I don't know much about it myself, I've heard that matches are being held at CMU).
                      Last edited by masterhickle; 05-3-2007, 01:21 PM.

                      Comment

                      • Chief0678
                        FFR Player
                        • Nov 2006
                        • 168

                        #221
                        Re: Super Smash Brothers Melee

                        I wonder how the techniques and moves will be for Fox and Link in Super Smash Bros Brawl.They're my best characters. Anyone know when Brawl comes out???




                        sigpic
                        You're going to die soon. You have seven more days to live.

                        Comment

                        • slickskater29
                          FFR Player
                          • Mar 2004
                          • 119

                          #222
                          Re: Super Smash Brothers Melee

                          AWW F**KIN H***!

                          well, I posted somthing in second period (roughly 9:00AM EST), and for one reason or another, it didnt post...

                          It said somthing along the lines of:

                          @NotED sorry, dequesne is closed for summer. CMU's last day is tomorrow, and no one is going because of a tournament. Do you have a smashboards account? If so, PM Na!l on there. If you dont have an account, get one. Its the greatest asset in playing Smash.

                          @Alucard I'm sorry. When I said "To survive it takes skill" I ment for the kirby to survive.

                          New stuff:

                          @Chief right now, the info we have on a brawl release date is: "To be released in 2007" THATS IT! Theres sh*t load of fake info about release dates, character info, etc. Dont believe it. On a character aspect, did u watch any of the trailers? From them, and a press confrence, we can be fairly certain that no movesets will change. The dammage and power of the attacks might tho, which brings me to:

                          @djshox I really like fox as a character. Though a really good one beats my ass. I personally like fox not being thrown further, because it makes him easy to combo from 30%-40% to the 80s and then off the stage. That Uair tho....CHILLIN!

                          Guess I should note for some ppl.
                          Mains:
                          Peach
                          Falco
                          Marth?
                          Secondaries:
                          Marth?
                          Kirby

                          Yea, my marth isnt great. I'd like to make him better, I'm just not gay enough with him yet. My Peach is really good, and the best character I play by far. Compared to my Falco, whom has gone way downhill, but I find out now, he wasnt too good in the first place.

                          Other things for some people to note:
                          There is no such thing as cheap. There IS gay. Gay=Really good, though annoying. You have to be gay to win tournaments. Lastly, Sheik is beatable, shut up. Though if I see a Sheik ditto im leaving. (Dequesne joke)

                          EDIT: Whoops! There will be people at CMU tomorrow nite. I wont be there though, school trip.

                          @NotED This is where all the Pittsburgh smash plans are made: http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=2347338
                          Last edited by slickskater29; 05-3-2007, 08:17 PM. Reason: Oops, there will be ppl at CMU

                          Comment

                          • |||NotED|||
                            FFR Player
                            • Dec 2006
                            • 6

                            #223
                            Re: Super Smash Brothers Melee

                            @slickskater29, thanks man, gonna try and get down to a few of those eventually

                            Comment

                            • |||NotED|||
                              FFR Player
                              • Dec 2006
                              • 6

                              #224
                              Re: Super Smash Brothers Melee

                              JFC I've tried 3 different usernames no-one could have and am not able to register, I'll try again later.

                              Note to self: Muerte(|||NotED|||), |||NotED|||, and |||NotED|||FFR don't work -.- maybe its the |||s?

                              Comment

                              • Sh4d0wRe4p3r666
                                FFR Player
                                • May 2007
                                • 1441

                                #225
                                Re: Super Smash Brothers Melee

                                Originally posted by ckj846
                                I'm still a turnip whore. The only thing I hate about peach is that she can't really handle fox/falco very well =/ I usually end up whoring veggies and grabbing, spamming smash down A a lot. Peach is really only very good for aerial attacks.

                                O_o
                                I've beat the whole game and got all the characters, but the only mission I
                                need to complete is the one when you need to fight 3 Pichus and 1 Pikachu.
                                I can't seem to beat it, every time I tried to knock them out they knock
                                me out like I'm a piece of trash.

                                Comment

                                Working...