The Witness

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Poison-
    Nope
    FFR Simfile Author
    • Nov 2010
    • 3772

    #31
    Re: The Witness

    Picked up the game. Played for a few hours and now all I see is puzzles when I close my eyes

    Comment

    • leonid
      I am leonid
      FFR Simfile Author
      FFR Music Producer
      • Oct 2008
      • 8080

      #32
      Re: The Witness

      521 solved. Still need the one lone panel and at least one actual puzzle

      EDIT: Found the lone panel. 522.
      EDIT2: Found another lone panel. 523. Looks like I miscalculated... I've solved every single panel that is known to exist. Onto the monolith symbols... +108 atm
      Last edited by leonid; 01-31-2016, 12:53 AM.



      Proud member of Team No

      Comment

      • Soundwave-
        Carry your failures proud
        • Sep 2015
        • 644

        #33
        Re: The Witness

        First time I solved a monolith puzzle be like "What the fuck did I just do?"

        While I have an appreciation for the intentional lack of hand holding, I wish there was a bit more indication that you're doing the right thing. Before getting a single laser, it was rather discouraging, and I still can't really say I know what I'm doing.

        I have 3 lasers, know where 3 more are, might know where the 7th is.

        Oh, any hints on the first puzzle in the village? Ya know, the one filled with colored stars. I must be missing something, because it looks straight and simple impossible.
        Last edited by Soundwave-; 01-31-2016, 01:05 AM.
        Originally posted by [11:38 PM] Hakulyte
        only person who can legit tilt me is like YoshL
        Originally posted by スンファンさん
        右に3回回らない限り間違います。

        Comment

        • leonid
          I am leonid
          FFR Simfile Author
          FFR Music Producer
          • Oct 2008
          • 8080

          #34
          Re: The Witness

          village puzzles are from other puzzles throughout the island mixed together. If you are stuck, finish other stuffs and come back to them



          Proud member of Team No

          Comment

          • Soundwave-
            Carry your failures proud
            • Sep 2015
            • 644

            #35
            Re: The Witness

            I'm *pretty* sure I've seen all the puzzle mechanics.

            But 3 is not divisible by 2, the last time I checked.

            I'm sure I'm just stupid, or have missed something.

            Or both.
            Last edited by Soundwave-; 01-31-2016, 01:33 AM.
            Originally posted by [11:38 PM] Hakulyte
            only person who can legit tilt me is like YoshL
            Originally posted by スンファンさん
            右に3回回らない限り間違います。

            Comment

            • leonid
              I am leonid
              FFR Simfile Author
              FFR Music Producer
              • Oct 2008
              • 8080

              #36
              Re: The Witness

              If something looks impossible most likely you are missing something



              Proud member of Team No

              Comment

              • Soundwave-
                Carry your failures proud
                • Sep 2015
                • 644

                #37
                Re: The Witness

                I guess I'll head back to the swamp to see if I can figure out what I'm missing...

                UPDATE: Upon completing my journey, I see no error in my reasoning that it's impossible.

                I have two lasers remaining, one in the village, and one past some difficult puzzles. I'm going to test my luck with the difficult puzzles, but I still don't know about the village.

                <general idiocy was here>

                UPDATE 4.0 (I think?):
                I gave up.

                I don't feel sorry for giving up. I believe that this game drifts a bit far-fetched at times.

                Or maybe I'm just unobservant.

                Or maybe I'm just weak and gave up.

                You decide.

                Personally I'm just happy that I figured out why the answers are what they are.
                Last edited by Soundwave-; 01-31-2016, 05:14 AM.
                Originally posted by [11:38 PM] Hakulyte
                only person who can legit tilt me is like YoshL
                Originally posted by スンファンさん
                右に3回回らない限り間違います。

                Comment

                • Reincarnate
                  x'); DROP TABLE FFR;--
                  • Nov 2010
                  • 6332

                  #38
                  Re: The Witness

                  Just finished the game. Going to reload and try to find all the shit I missed.

                  Comment

                  • Reach
                    FFR Simfile Author
                    FFR Simfile Author
                    • Jun 2003
                    • 7471

                    #39
                    Re: The Witness

                    At 6 lasers, done the treehouse but can't get the laser, on the last puzzle in the quarry area and the castle but lol fuck. Should probably go back to the tetris area or the greenhouse in the meantime.

                    Soundwave, I'm pretty sure the puzzle you're referencing in the village is 100% impossible. It's actually very easy to show that it is unsolvable.

                    Obviously something needs to be done first to change the puzzle. I, however, have no idea what that is.
                    Last edited by Reach; 01-31-2016, 01:24 PM.

                    Comment

                    • Reincarnate
                      x'); DROP TABLE FFR;--
                      • Nov 2010
                      • 6332

                      #40
                      Re: The Witness

                      Soundwave: Try a different perspective
                      Last edited by Reincarnate; 01-31-2016, 01:55 PM.

                      Comment

                      • Reincarnate
                        x'); DROP TABLE FFR;--
                        • Nov 2010
                        • 6332

                        #41
                        Re: The Witness

                        I found the motherlode:


                        Mountain spoilers below

                        Tried to find the source that turns on the power to the dude's panel at the bottom of the mountain... traced the wire back, found the switch, and holy moly, tons of puzzles in here.

                        Last edited by Reincarnate; 01-31-2016, 01:54 PM.

                        Comment

                        • Soundwave-
                          Carry your failures proud
                          • Sep 2015
                          • 644

                          #42
                          Re: The Witness

                          Originally posted by Reach
                          Soundwave, I'm pretty sure the puzzle you're referencing in the village is 100% impossible. It's actually very easy to show that it is unsolvable.
                          It is, indeed, impossible without a different perspective.

                          Go try the greenhouse if you're still stuck, it might have some answers.

                          Or, ya know. A guide. Turns out that works pretty well too.
                          Originally posted by [11:38 PM] Hakulyte
                          only person who can legit tilt me is like YoshL
                          Originally posted by スンファンさん
                          右に3回回らない限り間違います。

                          Comment

                          • YoshL
                            Celestial Harbor
                            FFR Simfile Author
                            FFR Music Producer
                            • Aug 2008
                            • 6156

                            #43
                            Re: The Witness

                            I think I know what puzzle you're talking about mentioning

                            the 3 divided by 2 thing. It's super dastardly what they did for that - it's not impossible, but sorry leonid
                            Last edited by YoshL; 01-31-2016, 03:30 PM.


                            Originally posted by Charu
                            Only yours, for an easy price of $19.99! You too can experience the wonders of full motion rump sticking.

                            Comment

                            • Soundwave-
                              Carry your failures proud
                              • Sep 2015
                              • 644

                              #44
                              Re: The Witness

                              Finished my first run, going for challenge now.
                              Originally posted by [11:38 PM] Hakulyte
                              only person who can legit tilt me is like YoshL
                              Originally posted by スンファンさん
                              右に3回回らない限り間違います。

                              Comment

                              • VisD
                                FFR Simfile Author
                                FFR Simfile Author
                                • Jun 2007
                                • 1196

                                #45
                                Re: The Witness

                                Buying this after I sell enough of the shit in my steam inventory to pay for it lol

                                Anyone who's played The Talos Principle and this: without spoilers, in your estimation, how does this match up?


                                Comment

                                Working...