The Witness

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Reach
    FFR Simfile Author
    FFR Simfile Author
    • Jun 2003
    • 7471

    #16
    Re: The Witness

    The jungle area was the easiest area in the game.

    Activated two lasers so far. Still trucking away, still discovering new areas. Inside a greenhouse now.

    Awesome game so far. Got to the point in a few areas though where I don't want to go back for awhile because the puzzles are so damn hard lmao

    Also found a random drawing in a box...relevant for later? Wrote it down.

    169 solved, +1, 5 hrs. Guess I'm not very far, I hear there are hundreds of puzzles.
    Last edited by Reach; 01-29-2016, 10:10 PM.

    Comment

    • leonid
      I am leonid
      FFR Simfile Author
      FFR Music Producer
      • Oct 2008
      • 8080

      #17
      Re: The Witness

      I'm really digging the lack of music. Helps with immersion. They did this part right. Wish I didn't have my Oculus Rift boxes up for sale :P



      Proud member of Team No

      Comment

      • YoshL
        Celestial Harbor
        FFR Simfile Author
        FFR Music Producer
        • Aug 2008
        • 6156

        #18
        Re: The Witness

        I'm loving this

        Except i get motion sickness and had to step away a little bit after finishing a first laser because blah

        I'm currently doing the hedge mazes


        Originally posted by Charu
        Only yours, for an easy price of $19.99! You too can experience the wonders of full motion rump sticking.

        Comment

        • Poison-
          Nope
          FFR Simfile Author
          • Nov 2010
          • 3772

          #19
          Re: The Witness

          Is it really that good? I'm hearing a lot of great things about it, but I've never played a puzzle game like this before. Should I check it out?

          Comment

          • Reincarnate
            x'); DROP TABLE FFR;--
            • Nov 2010
            • 6332

            #20
            Re: The Witness

            376 panels solved, 102 totem symbols found, and one totem fully completed.

            What happens when a totem is completed, you ask?


            Are you sure?

            Really sure?

            If you insist...

            It turns white! Yeaaap.



            Last edited by Reincarnate; 01-30-2016, 12:09 AM.

            Comment

            • Reincarnate
              x'); DROP TABLE FFR;--
              • Nov 2010
              • 6332

              #21
              Re: The Witness

              Originally posted by Poison-
              Is it really that good? I'm hearing a lot of great things about it, but I've never played a puzzle game like this before. Should I check it out?
              Yes, it's quite fun.

              Comment

              • leonid
                I am leonid
                FFR Simfile Author
                FFR Music Producer
                • Oct 2008
                • 8080

                #22
                Re: The Witness

                436 solved and still only 80 symbols... idk where you are getting them



                Proud member of Team No

                Comment

                • Reincarnate
                  x'); DROP TABLE FFR;--
                  • Nov 2010
                  • 6332

                  #23
                  Re: The Witness

                  How to find the totem symbols much more quickly:


                  If you look at the totems themselves, they light up with the ones you've solved, and also show the grayed-out ones that you haven't solved. Sometimes the shape of the unsolved symbols give hints as to what to look for. More importantly, the symbols, for a given face, are also located in the same direction that that face is pointing. So it basically tells you which general area to look for certain types of symbols.
                  Last edited by Reincarnate; 01-30-2016, 12:27 AM.

                  Comment

                  • leonid
                    I am leonid
                    FFR Simfile Author
                    FFR Music Producer
                    • Oct 2008
                    • 8080

                    #24
                    Re: The Witness

                    I solved every single puzzle I came across except one in the


                    shipwreck


                    So i'm kinda stuck cuz I don't know where to go now. lol



                    Proud member of Team No

                    Comment

                    • leonid
                      I am leonid
                      FFR Simfile Author
                      FFR Music Producer
                      • Oct 2008
                      • 8080

                      #25
                      Re: The Witness

                      ok I think I'm going through the challenge route now



                      Proud member of Team No

                      Comment

                      • leonid
                        I am leonid
                        FFR Simfile Author
                        FFR Music Producer
                        • Oct 2008
                        • 8080

                        #26
                        Re: The Witness

                        There is an impossible puzzle for me because I'm colorblind



                        EDIT:




                        yus






                        EDIT2: I solved "everything" and am at 516 solved and +85 symbols. Apparently there are over 650 puzzles so I'm missing a whole bunch
                        EDIT3: 519. Some have gone as far as 523 no idea what those could be
                        Last edited by leonid; 01-30-2016, 08:56 AM.



                        Proud member of Team No

                        Comment

                        • Reach
                          FFR Simfile Author
                          FFR Simfile Author
                          • Jun 2003
                          • 7471

                          #27
                          Re: The Witness

                          Got 6 lasers going now, 208 +8. Making some progress.

                          But has anyone solved the puzzle in the ship?

                          I'm guessing this is a bonus area because lmfao

                          It doesn't even make any sense. Sound puzzles are easy for me but from what I can hear there are 3 loops and 9 sounds, but there are 7 symbols. I've listened multiple times but can't figure out why there are 7 symbols. Even mirrored shouldn't there be 6?

                          I don't like spoilers but I'll take hints on this one if anyone has beaten it

                          Comment

                          • leonid
                            I am leonid
                            FFR Simfile Author
                            FFR Music Producer
                            • Oct 2008
                            • 8080

                            #28
                            Re: The Witness

                            It's one of the hardest puzzles. Don't worry if it gets you stumped.



                            Proud member of Team No

                            Comment

                            • Reach
                              FFR Simfile Author
                              FFR Simfile Author
                              • Jun 2003
                              • 7471

                              #29
                              Re: The Witness

                              Man the tetris puzzles.

                              They absolutely destroy my brain.

                              I spent all of this time finishing the tetris puzzles in the treehouse, didn't get anything and still can't figure out how I'm supposed to beat the timer to the laser.

                              Damn this game.

                              Comment

                              • Reincarnate
                                x'); DROP TABLE FFR;--
                                • Nov 2010
                                • 6332

                                #30
                                Re: The Witness

                                Reach: Hint to push in the right direction (as this part took me freaking forever):

                                Some panel puzzles in the treehouse have multiple solutions.
                                Last edited by Reincarnate; 01-30-2016, 05:46 PM.

                                Comment

                                Working...