The Witness

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • leonid
    I am leonid
    FFR Simfile Author
    FFR Music Producer
    • Oct 2008
    • 8080

    #61
    Re: The Witness

    I did a challenge speedrun



    Last edited by leonid; 02-4-2016, 07:25 AM.



    Proud member of Team No

    Comment

    • Reincarnate
      x'); DROP TABLE FFR;--
      • Nov 2010
      • 6332

      #62
      Re: The Witness

      Finally got it this morning before heading to work

      Edit: nice run, leonid!
      Last edited by Reincarnate; 02-4-2016, 01:53 PM.

      Comment

      • leonid
        I am leonid
        FFR Simfile Author
        FFR Music Producer
        • Oct 2008
        • 8080

        #63
        Re: The Witness

        Nice job, are you gonna continue and get all environment puzzles and/or speedrun challenges?



        Proud member of Team No

        Comment

        • Reincarnate
          x'); DROP TABLE FFR;--
          • Nov 2010
          • 6332

          #64
          Re: The Witness

          I haven't had much time in recent days but I still need to find the rest of the panels and totem symbols.

          Though I'll probably give speedrunning a try, too -- for some reason challenges feel a lot easier after you pass them. It's like all the pressure goes away.

          Comment

          • Reincarnate
            x'); DROP TABLE FFR;--
            • Nov 2010
            • 6332

            #65
            Re: The Witness

            Posting from my new Macbook Pro :O

            However where the fuck is the side scrollbar -- I have to like press down first just to get it to appear, and only then can I click on it

            edit: Fixed, apparently a system setting. I quite like the typo autocorrection so far, though.
            Last edited by Reincarnate; 02-4-2016, 03:43 PM.

            Comment

            • Reincarnate
              x'); DROP TABLE FFR;--
              • Nov 2010
              • 6332

              #66
              Re: The Witness

              This is me using the Mac dictation feature Peter piper picked a peck of pickled peppers Peter Pepper picked a peck of pickled peppers how many pickled peppers did Peter piper pick

              Comment

              • Reincarnate
                x'); DROP TABLE FFR;--
                • Nov 2010
                • 6332

                #67
                Re: The Witness

                Sally sells seashells by the seashore the shells she sells are surely seashells so if she sells shells by the seashore I'm sure she sells seashore shells

                Comment

                • Reach
                  FFR Simfile Author
                  FFR Simfile Author
                  • Jun 2003
                  • 7471

                  #68
                  Re: The Witness

                  Need to finish this game this weekend.

                  Haven't been able to play all week.

                  The challenge area looks really fun. Need to finish everything in the mountain first though, I presume?

                  Also I solved the ship puzzle LOL

                  Go figure. I had to look up like two of the tetris puzzles in this game because I wanted to shoot myself in the head yet I solved that dumb ass puzzle.

                  And it is a stupid fucking puzzle. Add it to the list. This fucking game. I wanna go back and do the talos principle dlc crater stars again before I redo some of these fuckers.

                  I feel like a good hard puzzle elicits a 'wow, that was amazing' feeling upon solution. The ship though was more like: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fP-0-dEHhA
                  Last edited by Reach; 02-4-2016, 05:19 PM.

                  Comment

                  • leonid
                    I am leonid
                    FFR Simfile Author
                    FFR Music Producer
                    • Oct 2008
                    • 8080

                    #69
                    Re: The Witness

                    The ship one was a fine piece of puzzle IMO. Very difficult, but reasonable. The one that I could not stand was the rainbow panel (in an area you probably haven't explored yet). I am partially colorblind and that really did not help. I had to literally bring up photoshop to extract RGB values to tell which color is which. I solved every single panel within a few minutes but this particular one took me several hours.



                    Proud member of Team No

                    Comment

                    • Reincarnate
                      x'); DROP TABLE FFR;--
                      • Nov 2010
                      • 6332

                      #70
                      Re: The Witness

                      Oh my god, I think this totem symbol is going to take like an hour.

                      I... am less than pleased with the way some of the endgame has been handled, here.

                      However I did find something really cool:


                      A second ending!


                      Anyhow onto this symbol...

                      edit: Actually this talk, whatever it is, has some interesting factoids

                      edit: I fell asleep 40 minutes in or so Have to redo it later.
                      Last edited by Reincarnate; 02-5-2016, 12:47 AM.

                      Comment

                      • leonid
                        I am leonid
                        FFR Simfile Author
                        FFR Music Producer
                        • Oct 2008
                        • 8080

                        #71
                        Re: The Witness

                        Omg I did insane




                        Proud member of Team No

                        Comment

                        • Soundwave-
                          Carry your failures proud
                          • Sep 2015
                          • 644

                          #72
                          Re: The Witness

                          Originally posted by leonid
                          <cool run yo>
                          Nice! Unsurprisingly, good rng can send you far.
                          Originally posted by [11:38 PM] Hakulyte
                          only person who can legit tilt me is like YoshL
                          Originally posted by スンファンさん
                          右に3回回らない限り間違います。

                          Comment

                          • Reincarnate
                            x'); DROP TABLE FFR;--
                            • Nov 2010
                            • 6332

                            #73
                            Re: The Witness

                            Edit: apparently I'm done now -- I'm at 523 panels, 135 symbols found
                            Last edited by Reincarnate; 02-5-2016, 04:45 PM.

                            Comment

                            • Soundwave-
                              Carry your failures proud
                              • Sep 2015
                              • 644

                              #74
                              Re: The Witness

                              You're missing 1 panel. As for the audio clips:
                              Have you seen the lake? It's pretty swish.
                              Originally posted by [11:38 PM] Hakulyte
                              only person who can legit tilt me is like YoshL
                              Originally posted by スンファンさん
                              右に3回回らない限り間違います。

                              Comment

                              • Reach
                                FFR Simfile Author
                                FFR Simfile Author
                                • Jun 2003
                                • 7471

                                #75
                                Re: The Witness

                                Got the strange second ending tonight with the video clip (puzzles are...everywhere? Life is a puzzle?)

                                Finished up everything other than some cave puzzles I think (Around ~500 puzzles complete). Obelisk puzzles...missing probably 100 still lmao but I care about those less than the regular puzzles. When I finish everything I'm probably just going to do a second playthrough and see if I can find them all.

                                I wanted to beat the challenge before finishing up the rest of the misc puzzles but...

                                God damn the challenge to hell.

                                That feeling when you get to the last pillar right at the end and the music starts blazing and the solution just won't come to you

                                At this point it feels pretty RNG heavy to me. I'm really really consistently fast through the start but I find the special puzzles in the maze room are so polarized. I either solve them instantly or ...I waste huge amounts of time trying to get it (when that happens I find solving it backwards most consistent, but it still wastes time).
                                Last edited by Reach; 02-5-2016, 05:47 PM.

                                Comment

                                Working...