TWG XLIV: RQU Dimensional Disruption!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • FishFishRevolution
    GotR Creator
    • Nov 2003
    • 7251

    #91
    Re: TWG XLIV: RQU Dimensional Disruption!

    Hans will be replaced at the end of this day unless he makes a significant

    Comment

    • DarkManticoreX2
      TWG Overlord
      • Apr 2005
      • 7355

      #92
      Re: TWG XLIV: RQU Dimensional Disruption!

      That should be directed at TPS too unless he's being active in someway we don't know.

      :O
      AAA's = 800

      Originally posted by V
      Manti, I apologize for insulting you. Let the record show that I am a prickass douche, and not only that, but that I am a terrible player.

      Comment

      • FictionJunction
        FFR Player
        • Nov 2006
        • 3843

        #93
        Re: TWG XLIV: RQU Dimensional Disruption!

        Here's something nobody has thought of yet, and that will probably put me in a bad situation, but what's the point of this game if you're not going to risk your standing with people, right?

        The guard should not guard DBP regardless of him being a seer or not. Oh no. If DBP truly is the seer, and I don't really doubt that he is, and he dies both dimensions become unbalanced. By this I mean that one will become better to have a focus on that the other. Chances are that most players with a blue or red role in one dimension are green in the other. Come the chance that someone is playing the blue/red or red/blue game then I believe this player would use his blue role to aid his red role, thus focusing on the dimension in which s/he is a wolf. That said, anyone who focuses on x2 in any shape or form is a possible x2wolf. All green/green players will immediately shift their focus to x1 because chances are that the seer in that dimension is alive (unless fojar was that seer). All xx/blue will shift their focus to x1 with their 'xx' role (meaning, green, blue, red). And alll x1reds will stay on x1 as they would have regardless of DBP's death.

        It works. We play a semi-normal game on x1 while catching up on hints of interest in x2 which we may use for further analysis. Killing blues isn't always a horrible thing, you know.

        Now, people are just going to assume I'm some sort of blue or red player in either dimension; probably x1 blue or x2 red, and that's perfectly fine. I kind of expect it.

        thoughts.
        Originally posted by j-rodd123
        wow

        Comment

        • roundbox
          fhqwhgads
          • Feb 2005
          • 2086

          #94
          Re: TWG XLIV: RQU Dimensional Disruption!

          Originally posted by FictionJunction
          thoughts.
          A fairly good idea, but it does have one weak point: the wolves don't pick DBP. It'd help the wolves out to kill someone else to keep everyone distracted on which dimension to focus on.

          o wait why am i giving the wolves ideas
          Last edited by roundbox; 03-25-2007, 11:47 AM. Reason: hands
          Originally posted by the sun fan
          I'd be too tiny to be a bouncer



          Comment

          • talisman
            Resident Penguin
            FFR Simfile Author
            • May 2003
            • 4598

            #95
            Re: TWG XLIV: RQU Dimensional Disruption!

            doesn't really play into the hands of the dimension 2 guard, whose chances of winning diminish significantly if he's green in dimension 1. although I'm sure the dimension 2 guard would love for this plan to be approved, of course.

            Comment

            • X3R0H0UR
              FFR Player
              • Jan 2007
              • 540

              #96
              Re: TWG XLIV: RQU Dimensional Disruption!

              you know FJ's post shows interest in game one for some reason, perhaps a response to DBPs post about how sure a victory is for x2? In this way FJ is showing very heavily he is leaning towards play in x1. evaluate.
              Gynecologist, Saturday nights only.

              Comment

              • talisman
                Resident Penguin
                FFR Simfile Author
                • May 2003
                • 4598

                #97
                Re: TWG XLIV: RQU Dimensional Disruption!

                my evaluation is that if you really think that he's playing for dimension 1, you probably shouldn't have posted that.

                However I don't think it's clear that his post does indicate preference for one dimension or another, especially given that he said something earlier about wanting to keep things unbalanced between the dimensions.

                Comment

                • X3R0H0UR
                  FFR Player
                  • Jan 2007
                  • 540

                  #98
                  Re: TWG XLIV: RQU Dimensional Disruption!

                  why would i not want to have posted that? that would imply I have a specific vested interest...I would rather make light of this and have it analyzed than not.
                  Gynecologist, Saturday nights only.

                  Comment

                  • talisman
                    Resident Penguin
                    FFR Simfile Author
                    • May 2003
                    • 4598

                    #99
                    Re: TWG XLIV: RQU Dimensional Disruption!

                    follow your logic. if fiction were playing for x1, would he post that as a wolf in x1? no, he wouldn't want the wolves in x2 to increase their chances of winning. but then the only reason left for him playing for x1 would be if he were a blue in x1, which is why it wouldn't be a good idea to point this out in the thread.

                    of course, all that would be based on the assertion that his post does mean that he can only win in x1, which is far from being clear cut.

                    Comment

                    • X3R0H0UR
                      FFR Player
                      • Jan 2007
                      • 540

                      #100
                      Re: TWG XLIV: RQU Dimensional Disruption!

                      so what ur saying is that because he said something here, he can't be playing to win here? its the same logic only from the other side....
                      Gynecologist, Saturday nights only.

                      Comment

                      • talisman
                        Resident Penguin
                        FFR Simfile Author
                        • May 2003
                        • 4598

                        #101
                        Re: TWG XLIV: RQU Dimensional Disruption!

                        No, you said that. I disagree. I also think that if you truly did believe he was playing for x1 alone, posting as such might not be wise since it would be the same as saying "hey x1 wolves, maybe fiction is a blue in x1".

                        Comment

                        • FictionJunction
                          FFR Player
                          • Nov 2006
                          • 3843

                          #102
                          Re: TWG XLIV: RQU Dimensional Disruption!

                          I love Talisman for being able to process this and use common sense for further deduction.
                          Originally posted by j-rodd123
                          wow

                          Comment

                          • iggymatrixcounter
                            FFR Veteran
                            • Nov 2003
                            • 1924

                            #103
                            Re: TWG XLIV: RQU Dimensional Disruption!

                            Originally posted by talisman
                            also iggy, I still want to know what you did that forced the restart.
                            I had found a system to find all the wolves with about 70% accuracy. Even though I only exploited it to find two double humans, fish thought it was only fair to do roles over. Not THAT big a deal really.

                            The details of how I did this aren't important since I really don't want to discuss them and the same system cannot be used now that roles were distributed.

                            Originally posted by FJ
                            1)The guard should not guard DBP regardless of him being a seer or not. Oh no. If DBP truly is the seer, and I don't really doubt that he is, and he dies both dimensions become unbalanced. By this I mean that one will become better to have a focus on that the other. Chances are that most players with a blue or red role in one dimension are green in the other. Come the chance that someone is playing the blue/red or red/blue game then I believe this player would use his blue role to aid his red role, thus focusing on the dimension in which s/he is a wolf. That said, anyone who focuses on x2 in any shape or form is a possible x2wolf. All green/green players will immediately shift their focus to x1 because chances are that the seer in that dimension is alive (unless fojar was that seer). All xx/blue will shift their focus to x1 with their 'xx' role (meaning, green, blue, red). And alll x1reds will stay on x1 as they would have regardless of DBP's death.

                            It works. We play a semi-normal game on x1 while catching up on hints of interest in x2 which we may use for further analysis. 2)Killing blues isn't always a horrible thing, you know.
                            Let me just say.... wow.

                            No one is going to use one role to feed another role. It can't be done. An X1 wolf using his X2 blue power to help his wolf role will only help the X2 wolves. Someone with both red and blue will have to play both roles like any other if they want to win. Not doing so hurts their team as much as it hurts them.

                            That being said, unless disco is a X2 wolf, he's legit. (disco is X2 seer right?) Even if disco is an X1 wolf, unless he's the LAST X1 wolf, there's no reason to kill him and screw the X2 team of their seer.

                            fiction mostly because I may not make it back before 10. But his logic thus far is simply babble imo and has very little content in a large amount of words. (If that's just your style FJ, you need to learn to be more concise with what you want to say.) It justs looks like he's trying to be actively inactive. (Posting lots of nothing)

                            PS, still haven't reread the thread like I wanted to.
                            lastfm
                            PANDORA

                            Comment

                            • roundbox
                              fhqwhgads
                              • Feb 2005
                              • 2086

                              #104
                              Re: TWG XLIV: RQU Dimensional Disruption!

                              I FORGOT ABOUT VOTING
                              not really

                              flawofhumanity
                              Because he's the only person that I can suspect from this first day. You know, posting the obvious, not helping out very much.
                              Originally posted by the sun fan
                              I'd be too tiny to be a bouncer



                              Comment

                              • FictionJunction
                                FFR Player
                                • Nov 2006
                                • 3843

                                #105
                                Re: TWG XLIV: RQU Dimensional Disruption!

                                I suppose I'll vote for iggy since I really can't set a lead on anyone in particular.
                                Originally posted by j-rodd123
                                wow

                                Comment

                                Working...