TWG XLIV: RQU Dimensional Disruption!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • talisman
    Resident Penguin
    FFR Simfile Author
    • May 2003
    • 4598

    #76
    Re: TWG XLIV: RQU Dimensional Disruption!

    in other news, who killed fojar? I can't decide if a newer player would come up with that suggestion or not. And there's only a handful of vets out there that seem to me likely to go for fojar.

    Comment

    • DarkManticoreX2
      TWG Overlord
      • Apr 2005
      • 7355

      #77
      Re: TWG XLIV: RQU Dimensional Disruption!

      Oh, Im cool with DBP for now. :]

      I thought the nights worked X1D1, X1N1, X2D2, X2N2, If that had been the case, coming out as seer if you were wolf/seer would give you loads of good stuff.

      As it is X1 night happens before X1 day not after, so it makes sense for him to come out, especially being paranoid about being killed right off the bat again.
      AAA's = 800

      Originally posted by V
      Manti, I apologize for insulting you. Let the record show that I am a prickass douche, and not only that, but that I am a terrible player.

      Comment

      • roundbox
        fhqwhgads
        • Feb 2005
        • 2086

        #78
        Re: TWG XLIV: RQU Dimensional Disruption!

        Originally posted by talisman
        in other news, who killed fojar? I can't decide if a newer player would come up with that suggestion or not. And there's only a handful of vets out there that seem to me likely to go for fojar.
        Thanks for putting us back on track.

        I'm probably thinking the red team is composed of at least one vet, but suggesting a fojar wolfing wouldn't be a thing only a vet would suggest, but it's probable.
        Originally posted by the sun fan
        I'd be too tiny to be a bouncer



        Comment

        • DiscoBobbyPARANOiA
          FFR Player
          • Sep 2005
          • 1206

          #79
          Re: TWG XLIV: RQU Dimensional Disruption!

          Time to destroy fish's game like I promised:

          If everyone who can win in X2 works towards an X2 win at all times, even during X1 days, the humans will get two lynches for each of the wolves' kills. On top of that, the X1 wolves could kill X2 wolves at night.

          The number look (I think) like this: 8 people (AT THE MOST) that can't win with X2 humans. That's half, and there's likely a double-up or two.

          ALSO I DONT SUGGEST THIS JUST I TOLD PEOPLE BEFORE THE GAME ID DESTROY THE SETUP.


          Iggy911Mc (12:55:49 AM): Mudkip is a Koala Bear.

          Comment

          • FictionJunction
            FFR Player
            • Nov 2006
            • 3843

            #80
            Re: TWG XLIV: RQU Dimensional Disruption!

            DBP is fine with me for now. I have a couple of strategies running in this mind of mine, but they are a tad unorthodox and I will wait until later on the day to propose them.
            Originally posted by j-rodd123
            wow

            Comment

            • StoicRoivaS
              FFR Player
              • May 2006
              • 548

              #81
              Re: TWG XLIV: RQU Dimensional Disruption!

              Originally posted by talisman
              in other news, who killed fojar? I can't decide if a newer player would come up with that suggestion or not. And there's only a handful of vets out there that seem to me likely to go for fojar.
              Care to toss down some names so we can discuss? I personally think any halfway smart person would have went with FoJar or a similar kill, not just a handful of vets. He's not top guard pick in most people's minds (except maybe mine <3 ) and he's quite helpful and active. Someone like you/iggy would be far more likely to be guarded, leaving the handful of next best people to be targeted. Speaking of, where is [almost bold] Iggy? [/almost bold]
              Like the moon over
              the day, my genius and brawn are
              wasted on these fools. ~Haiku
              -Bowser

              Comment

              • DiscoBobbyPARANOiA
                FFR Player
                • Sep 2005
                • 1206

                #82
                Re: TWG XLIV: RQU Dimensional Disruption!

                The activity in this game sickens me.

                I bet half of the people in the game don't even know I came out as seer.

                Iggy is nowhere to be seen. He was the one who was all 'THIS GAME WILL HAVE LEGENDARY LINUEUP111'.

                HANS ISN'T POSTING JUST LIKE I SAID HE WOULD.

                Rioting + tps should be posting more.

                wtf is that?

                I'm most likely going to vote for one of the aforementioned people today, unless something else sticks out at me a crapton.


                Iggy911Mc (12:55:49 AM): Mudkip is a Koala Bear.

                Comment

                • DiscoBobbyPARANOiA
                  FFR Player
                  • Sep 2005
                  • 1206

                  #83
                  Re: TWG XLIV: RQU Dimensional Disruption!

                  ADDENDUM! Hans is responding on aim either, like usual. Thought I should add that.

                  PS @ FISH: REPLACE THE SHIT OUT OF THESE PEOPLE.


                  Iggy911Mc (12:55:49 AM): Mudkip is a Koala Bear.

                  Comment

                  • rioting
                    FFR Player
                    • Dec 2006
                    • 113

                    #84
                    Re: TWG XLIV: RQU Dimensional Disruption!

                    Terribly sorry, I made the mistake of hanging out with my friends on a Saturday instead of sitting at a computer. My bad.

                    Well DBP has come out as seer and there's been plenty of analysis on the subject. My read of him is that he's a wolf in one of his dimensions. DBP is pretty ballsy as a wolf and this play would go well as one. I think he may very well be a legitimate seer in X2. Being such would give him the confidence to come out because there would be no need to lie. However there is no reason he isn't an X1 wolf, and right now it looks like he just might be. He hasn't defended himself on that front well. So if he is a wolf/seer, is it worth taking him out? I'm not sure on that one yet, and I don't have any basis for a vote until I've talked to a few people.

                    On the inactivity: personally for me the first day of a game isn't that interesting. A lot of silly analysis, some of it good, but a lot of it is just speculation. What gets interesting is when you can start to see people's dynamics and understand why they say what they say, so that you can determine their role. Day 2 gets more interesting and I know my activity goes up. I do think everyone should get some posts in at the beginning so that they're at least a part of the game, but I can forgive light activity for that portion. I really don't see why you're so upset DBP. It just seems like a way to start pointing some fingers.
                    sigpic Without irony, this signature wouldn't be funny.

                    Comment

                    • X3R0H0UR
                      FFR Player
                      • Jan 2007
                      • 540

                      #85
                      Re: TWG XLIV: RQU Dimensional Disruption!

                      @all double greens, its obvious as hell we can't be voting DBP based on the fact that he might be a wolf in x1 because he might(likely) be the seer in x2. The seer is our only real tool without checks and balances type conversations, which can't possibly exist on night/day 1. Losing our seer in x2 just to attempt to lose a wolf in x1 isn't a good trade off right now.

                      another really obvious point brought to you by day one.
                      Gynecologist, Saturday nights only.

                      Comment

                      • Stella!
                        FFR Player
                        • Jan 2007
                        • 88

                        #86
                        Re: TWG XLIV: RQU Dimensional Disruption!

                        Alright.. Can someone explain to me why it's impossible for DBP to be Dim1 Human and Dim2 Wolf?

                        I mean, the real seer would come out but.. maybe they don't want to get lynched or something.. Is it completely improbable? Is there something else I'm missing?

                        Maybe Fojar was the seer in Dim2? Maybe he slipped and said something that kind of gave it away, and so they *the wolves* decided to uh, go for it?

                        Alright.

                        Everyone put in what they thought. And that's not exactly what I believe.. I just think that maybe it's possible and I'm letting everyone know that I'm here and.. trying to think about other possibilities.

                        Comment

                        • DarkManticoreX2
                          TWG Overlord
                          • Apr 2005
                          • 7355

                          #87
                          Re: TWG XLIV: RQU Dimensional Disruption!

                          Originally posted by X3R0H0UR
                          @all double greens, Losing our seer in x2 just to attempt to lose a wolf in x1 isn't a good trade off right now.
                          I'll agree with you on this one Xero, even If we do think he's a X1 wolf, there's no point in rushing him out of here.

                          My thoughts are that the X2 guard should go to DBP right now. It's pretty clear he's the X2 seer. In this way they can get the maximum amount of time to work together. As long as the humans win in either dimension I can win, so I'm not showing any partiality to either dimension. At the same time, I don't want to simply give up one dimension for the other unless we're sure we can win it.

                          Think of it like this, If DBP is wolf/seer he can win in either dimension. Same goes for a wolf/guard There's no reason for DBP to kill the x2 guardian (or vise versa) via a X1 wolfing because they can achieve victory no matter which dimension they're in. If, however he's a human/seer he would want us to focus more on X2 anyway because that is the only dimension where he can achieve victory.
                          AAA's = 800

                          Originally posted by V
                          Manti, I apologize for insulting you. Let the record show that I am a prickass douche, and not only that, but that I am a terrible player.

                          Comment

                          • iggymatrixcounter
                            FFR Veteran
                            • Nov 2003
                            • 1924

                            #88
                            Re: TWG XLIV: RQU Dimensional Disruption!

                            Originally posted by DiscoBobbyPARANOiA
                            Iggy is nowhere to be seen.
                            Hello Disco! Hey you're seer eh? That's cool. About 3 pages of this twg is trash contingency babble that can't be verified or denied and makes for really boring reading.

                            Originally posted by disco
                            Time to destroy fish's game like I promised:
                            oops, looks like I already beat you to it XD.

                            The only good post that stood out to me this whole game is discos(?) where he says we should all go for a X2 victory. Committing in 1 dimension is smart because it'll force X1 wolves to be more aggressive so they can put X1 back into their advantage. X2 wolves will probably play like normal since they have the easier dimension.

                            @X1 seer: seering disco is about as useful as a GED. Yes seering him is good, but you want to know his alignment for X2 more than X1. Since disco would be the only player (besides maybe stoic and I) to pull off random sh*t as a wolf, I feel that it's POSSIBLE that disco could be a wolf in X1. Especially if there's a good chance the X2 guardian is tainted, but unlikely.

                            And a few posts have considered these possibilities and I feel that thinking about the what ifs are really dumb. I like the more what happened type of info. (It also doesn't clutter the thread as much)

                            I have mucho more to say after I throughly read the thread. Some of it seemed like garbage at the time but there might be some more gems in there.

                            Day ends in about 10 hours or so.
                            I will try to be home before then to crack the whip like I usually do but I make no guarantees and expect you all to not be idle and be PROACTIVE about talking to people. If I hear one more person say, "no one is talking to me wahhhhhhh!!!" I will esplode.
                            lastfm
                            PANDORA

                            Comment

                            • talisman
                              Resident Penguin
                              FFR Simfile Author
                              • May 2003
                              • 4598

                              #89
                              Re: TWG XLIV: RQU Dimensional Disruption!

                              now let's not discourage the new kids from analyzing things. I rather enjoy it when people post alot.

                              also iggy, I still want to know what you did that forced the restart.

                              and stoic, you and dbp for sure would recommend fojar. Kilga might have, but I think he would have favored dbp more. rioting and roundbox are wildcards here; they could have recommended fojar (they're also always wolves). The newer players I don't see doing any of the recommending in general (provided there's someone experienced on the team) although they have today proven themselves rather assertive.

                              Comment

                              • talisman
                                Resident Penguin
                                FFR Simfile Author
                                • May 2003
                                • 4598

                                #90
                                Re: TWG XLIV: RQU Dimensional Disruption!

                                My thoughts are that the X2 guard should go to DBP right now. It's pretty clear he's the X2 seer.
                                eh... guarding him from afar might be best for now. Not everyone has had a chance to post yet to potentially contradict dbp.

                                Comment

                                Working...