TWG XXXIII - An Alien Invasion.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Afrobean
    Admiral in the Red Army
    • Dec 2003
    • 13262

    #121
    Re: TWG XXXIII - An Alien Invasion.

    Originally posted by iggymatrixcounter
    Why? not only do you not know who is the wolf or human, but it looks suspicious for a player to save one person over another just because they "prefer" the other. There has to be a reason over just "I'd rather see X die just because I don't like him."
    The reason is: if FFR had stayed alive, he would have been a detriment to the team regardless of his role. I don't see how you have a problem with someone tipping the scales out of a 3 way tie in order to eliminate a player who would hurt the humans even if he himself was human.

    And if you wanted to change your vote why didn't you? You posted before kilga, why not just make the vote change instead of waiting for someone else to do it for you?
    I posted saying I was going to change my vote, but when looking for a voting guide, Kilga voted FFR, so I no longer had reason to.

    Besides, either last game or the game before you wouldn't even chage your vote to save yourself, so I want to know how you figure that it makes sense to save another player, but not yourself, from a lynch.
    I recall no such happening.

    Comment

    • FishFishRevolution
      GotR Creator
      • Nov 2003
      • 7251

      #122
      Re: TWG XXXIII - An Alien Invasion.

      I don't see why anyone is getting upset over last minute vote switching. There was a three way tie, someone had to go, it's as simple as that. Right now I'm going over Kilga vs Chardish in my mind right now, as I'm sure one of them is a wolf.

      Comment

      • iggymatrixcounter
        FFR Veteran
        • Nov 2003
        • 1924

        #123
        Re: TWG XXXIII - An Alien Invasion.

        Originally posted by Afrobean
        The reason is: if FFR had stayed alive, he would have been a detriment to the team regardless of his role. I don't see how you have a problem with someone tipping the scales out of a 3 way tie in order to eliminate a player who would hurt the humans even if he himself was human.
        How was he being hurtful towards the humans? Everyone seems to use this staple fact but there's nothing to back this up. The only thing I saw him guilty of was posting ideas and vote changing a lot.


        Originally posted by afrobean
        I posted saying I was going to change my vote, but when looking for a voting guide, Kilga voted FFR, so I no longer had reason to.
        This is a lie. I posted that there was a threeway tie between ffr,ddr, and nforcer. You then posted about the day ending at 10. You didn't change from that point until kilga voted. Yes, you then posted that you were going to see who to vote for. But you could have voted right then and there but didn't and therefore that says to me that you had no intention of changing.
        lastfm
        PANDORA

        Comment

        • nforcer06164
          FFR Player
          • Mar 2003
          • 4772

          #124
          Re: TWG XXXIII - An Alien Invasion.

          OK, Chardish, I think we've put up with your BS for quite long enough.

          Afro wasn't being protective of me by stating his suspicion of you after voting me. Your substantiation for voting for me yesterday was horrible. After iggy and I shut your "25% theory" down, you got pretty damn quiet, until a few hours before day's end. That kept you off the chopping block because not too much was going on, and you really put up no defense. All you did was ignore it. You knew you were wrong, and not too much was said about it, so why bring it back up?

          Oh, and another thing... how in hell was Afro's vote on me a disassociation vote? All I did was post my ideas... I didn't say anything about blah that Kilga had already said... I was just more open about it. Going strictly on blah's behavior, it was pretty clear he was not a plain human; he was acting quite unusual. But, now that we know that he was not a wolf, what am I to think?

          Oh, and another thing I should bring up from yesterday... your late post, a few hours before the day ended.

          Originally posted by chardish, late on Day 1
          I would guess that one of Afrobean, Nforcer, or Blah is a wolf.

          ...

          Nforcer: I don't like the conversation between him and blah one bit. It sounds like he was putting the pressure on Blah way too hard for someone who's just being a dumbass. My guess is that Blah is human and Nforcer is a wolf, and Nforcer thought that producing that AIM convo would make him look more human.
          Contradiction, much?

          Honestly, I don't know how I or anybody else missed this before. All you've done since your first post is try find ways to make me a wolf. You keep digging and digging, and everytime you hit a rock, you shut your mouth. You did it Day 1, then appeared and blatantly contradicted yourself. Now again today, you ignore that and spew a whole bunch of new BS.

          It's only Day 2, but this has gone on far too long. Chardish.

          PROUD OWNER OF TWO OMEGA FAVORS. YEAH, NICE TRY.
          Giant NES Controller (4 FEET) progress: PAINT IS DONE!
          Download my Wii Music Suite v1.0, and PM me with your input!

          Originally posted by Squeek
          My mind says "GOGOGOG" and my hands go "wut no scru u ***"

          Comment

          • Kilgamayan
            Super Scooter Happy
            FFR Simfile Author
            • Feb 2003
            • 6583

            #125
            Re: TWG XXXIII - An Alien Invasion.

            Originally posted by iggymatrixcounter
            Sorry man, you've been super cool this whole game, talked with me over AIM quite a bit, and been very helpful and active this game... but I can't get over your vote change to FFR yesterday. I'll give you that it's summer and therefore can post more, and I'll even give you your comment about blah's death. But that vote change, despite your logic, wasn't what a human would do because a human wouldn't put himself on the line for some other person. Especially if he didn't know who they were. The only way I see a human changing his vote before day ends would be to save himself, not
            someone else.

            (new post)

            Why? not only do you not know who is the wolf or human, but it looks suspicious for a player to save one person over another just because they "prefer" the other. There has to be a reason over just "I'd rather see X die just because I don't like him."
            I didn't just vote for FFR because he was the best option by virtue of being the most useless human, you know. I was publicly suspicious of him as well.

            If I had an even keel on all three players, I most likely wouldn't have done anything (even though a three-way two-vote KiB is really ****ing stupid) for the very reasons that have been presented today.
            I watched clouds awobbly from the floor o' that kayak. Souls cross ages like clouds cross skies, an' tho' a cloud's shape nor hue nor size don't stay the same, it's still a cloud an' so is a soul. Who can say where the cloud's blowed from or who the soul'll be 'morrow? Only Sonmi the east an' the west an' the compass an' the atlas, yay, only the atlas o' clouds.

            Comment

            • iggymatrixcounter
              FFR Veteran
              • Nov 2003
              • 1924

              #126
              Re: TWG XXXIII - An Alien Invasion.

              Tokzic, Tps, ddr, mini, observer need to post.

              Mini and ddr have posted an actual thought (Though they were both fairly useless.) and everyone else has not posted.

              Stop letting others do the talking and thinking and do some yourself.
              lastfm
              PANDORA

              Comment

              • Necamus
                FFR Player
                • Nov 2005
                • 853

                #127
                Re: TWG XXXIII - An Alien Invasion.

                Okay, I haven't played with most of the people here before, but Observer is not normally so quiet. First (Or maybe it was second?) game I played, Observer was IMing my every time I signed on. Last game, he seered me, hoping I would be a human so he could get me into an alliance. And now he is wicked quiet. And I highly doubt it is due to anything like not being able to get on the computer, as I've seen him online plenty of times before while I was reading over the thread.

                And while I don't remember every playing with Tokzic before, his lack of posting is also fishy.
                www.freerice.com

                Comment

                • FishFishRevolution
                  GotR Creator
                  • Nov 2003
                  • 7251

                  #128
                  Re: TWG XXXIII - An Alien Invasion.

                  Oh wait, nforcer, that isn't a contradiction Chardish made there, it was a statement that one of those three people is a wolf, and the one he believes is a wolf is you.

                  Comment

                  • nforcer06164
                    FFR Player
                    • Mar 2003
                    • 4772

                    #129
                    Re: TWG XXXIII - An Alien Invasion.

                    Originally posted by FishFishRevolution
                    Oh wait, nforcer, that isn't a contradiction Chardish made there, it was a statement that one of those three people is a wolf, and the one he believes is a wolf is you.
                    No, the way he did it doesn't work that way. He mentions three people, saying that he believes one of them is a wolf. If at least one is a wolf, there has to be some basis for that suspicion for each person. Somehow, blah is automatically human when it comes to me. He didn't have any mention of what caused his suspicion of blah being potential wolf. It just doesn't fit that way.

                    EDIT: Here's the post we're talking about, for anyone that's confused.


                    PROUD OWNER OF TWO OMEGA FAVORS. YEAH, NICE TRY.
                    Giant NES Controller (4 FEET) progress: PAINT IS DONE!
                    Download my Wii Music Suite v1.0, and PM me with your input!

                    Originally posted by Squeek
                    My mind says "GOGOGOG" and my hands go "wut no scru u ***"

                    Comment

                    • Kilgamayan
                      Super Scooter Happy
                      FFR Simfile Author
                      • Feb 2003
                      • 6583

                      #130
                      Re: TWG XXXIII - An Alien Invasion.

                      Eh, I think he was saying that he was open to the idea that blah was a wolf, but if it came right down to it he would guess blah was human.

                      I can see what you're getting at, but the phrasing structure has multiple interpretations.
                      I watched clouds awobbly from the floor o' that kayak. Souls cross ages like clouds cross skies, an' tho' a cloud's shape nor hue nor size don't stay the same, it's still a cloud an' so is a soul. Who can say where the cloud's blowed from or who the soul'll be 'morrow? Only Sonmi the east an' the west an' the compass an' the atlas, yay, only the atlas o' clouds.

                      Comment

                      • xObserveRx
                        FFR Simfile Author
                        FFR Simfile Author
                        • Aug 2003
                        • 1148

                        #131
                        Re: TWG XXXIII - An Alien Invasion.

                        Alright, first of all, I'd like to take a look an aim convo a few pages back that got me thinking:
                        Originally posted by Kilgamayan
                        bjstrattonIM: It's a really basic risk assesment
                        bjstrattonIM: If they're both wolves, then who I chose wouldn't matter
                        bjstrattonIM: And in the other three scenarios, I would want FFR dead in two of them
                        bjstrattonIM: In nforcer's case, he's been proactive and helpful
                        bjstrattonIM: So he's in higher human standing to me than FFR
                        bjstrattonIM: Especially with some of that weird vote switching
                        Iggy911Mc: meh i would have given ffr the benefit of the doubt because hes very new and does the same thing in jtwg ive heard
                        Iggy911Mc: i guess imo i see nforcer as useful, but in the end i cant really defend him because a wolf would look human and useful also
                        bjstrattonIM: It could've gone either way, I guess
                        bjstrattonIM: It's not like this alleviates any suspicion from nforcer anyway
                        bjstrattonIM: Or randumb, for that matter
                        bjstrattonIM: I wouldn't be surprised if either or both just ended up getting voted off later
                        Iggy911Mc: well lol, imo i dont think any of those three were wolves
                        bjstrattonIM: I just went with the person whose death I thought would most benefit the humans
                        Iggy911Mc: i just voted ddr because he refused to be active
                        Iggy911Mc: then jurs bandwagoned and then we had him in the top
                        So you've said many a time that you don't like inactivity. You clearly demonstrate that here by voting for someone because they were inactive, and then you say this:

                        Originally posted by iggymatrixcounter
                        Quote:
                        Originally Posted by Afrobean
                        And at end of day, it makes TOTAL sense for someone who has a vote to swing the tie to whoever they would prefer, regardless of what their role is. In fact, I was about to do just this, but Kilga voted FFR and put him into the lead.


                        Why? not only do you not know who is the wolf or human, but it looks suspicious for a player to save one person over another just because they "prefer" the other. There has to be a reason over just "I'd rather see X die just because I don't like him."
                        Okay, so if there has to be a reason more than I simply don't like him (or the fact that he has been inactive in this case), where was yours yesterday?

                        You seem to use inactivity as a basis for a legitimate accusation of wolfiness. I don't remember how old you are off hand, and I also cannot recall if you have a job, or any other outside responsibilities. However, if these things (things that lead to inactivity) cause you to believe that certain players are more suspicious than others, I'm sorry. I do know that the inactivity card has been played in previous games, games in which said players were in fact wolves, but that doesn't mean that every person who is required to work two 8 hour shifts over the weekend is one.

                        Necamus also pointed out that I am, in fact, online quite often. This is true. I rarely turn my computer off (except during thunderstorms), and I most often leave aim open, as well as FFR. This, I believed, gave the impression that I had been browsing the forum for hours on end during the past few days, which I can assure you isn't true. I have been catching up on a few posts here and there, but I don't like to just throw random things out there that I feel don't need to be said. I'll admit, I have been less active this game compared to my previous jTWGs, as I have explained with a couple reasons now. New players have new playing styles and with that, you must make modifications to your game style. Repeating the same game style over and over would, IMO, only lead to a poor player.
                        Come Play The Werewolf Game!

                        Comment

                        • iggymatrixcounter
                          FFR Veteran
                          • Nov 2003
                          • 1924

                          #132
                          Re: TWG XXXIII - An Alien Invasion.

                          Originally posted by xObserveRx


                          Okay, so if there has to be a reason more than I simply don't like him (or the fact that he has been inactive in this case), where was yours yesterday?
                          Dude I was referring to kilga's switch from one pplayer to another. I can accept a multitude of reasons/reasonings people would vote for another person. The thing that I wasn't crazy about was the fact that kilga switched his vote, that's where I was referring to "there had to be a reason."

                          If you wanted to vote someone, then go ahead, post whatever reasons you want, but when you switch there's a reason more than "I don't like this person."

                          You kind of took two different senarios and compared them, but I like where your head's at.

                          Originally posted by observer
                          You seem to use inactivity as a basis for a legitimate accusation of wolfiness. I don't remember how old you are off hand, and I also cannot recall if you have a job, or any other outside responsibilities. However, if these things (things that lead to inactivity) cause you to believe that certain players are more suspicious than others, I'm sorry. I do know that the inactivity card has been played in previous games, games in which said players were in fact wolves, but that doesn't mean that every person who is required to work two 8 hour shifts over the weekend is one.
                          I'm 19 years old and I have 2 jobs during the summer. 1 is full time and the other is whenever I can fit it around the FT job. I also go to school FT during non summer months and therefore I'm juggling three things at once. So when I say that people are inactive and that makes them a wolf, that is because I can post more than the average user (most of the time I'm the top poster.) without having to worry about "too many things taking up my time."

                          That is why I have absolutely no sympathy for those who 1) can't post 2) can't find things to say 3) can't be active on AIM in general.

                          So maybe that gives you a better idea of my mindset when it comes to inactivity... there is NO reason for it. If you don't want to take the time to post and contribute, then don't sign up period.
                          lastfm
                          PANDORA

                          Comment

                          • ddrdanc3r55
                            Banned
                            • Jun 2005
                            • 346

                            #133
                            Re: TWG XXXIII - An Alien Invasion.

                            Okay, from what I see, most of this stuff is garbage. Everybody is throwing out "zomg this person is teh wolf!1`~~ look who he voted4~! and look his opniion is dffrent dat sucks he is teh wolf"

                            Anyways, I'm not sure what to think of Chardish. He seems to be trying to help the humans a lot, but basically he is hasty, and jumps to conclusions to quickly.

                            Afrobean is being really different than his normal self (annoying, usually wrong, really offensive, acts like a wolf when he's human =P). He isn't doing much at all, which I think needs some analyzing.

                            Iggy is normal. Not much to say about him.

                            Fish is inactive, and I don't know if this is normal or not. Last game I played with him he was somewhat active, but he turned out to be a blue in that one. I don't know what to think of him. Somebody want to look into this?

                            I don't see what's the big deal about Kilga. He doesn't seem wolfy to me. The only reason (IMO) Chardish is voting for him is because his opinion is different.

                            I wish mini would shut up. He got kicked out of the BMS game he signed up for, and in this one he's just being his normal self. Inactive. Seriously, go somewhere else.

                            tps is basically doing the same thing as me, and nobody is suspicious of him, except for maybe jurs.

                            nforcer: dunno. I don't really know how he plays human. I played him last game, and he was wolf. He played it like a perfect human, and pretty much won it for the reds. I'd have to look into him more to get a better opinion on him.

                            So, that's all I got right now. I'll add more later.

                            Comment

                            • Afrobean
                              Admiral in the Red Army
                              • Dec 2003
                              • 13262

                              #134
                              Re: TWG XXXIII - An Alien Invasion.

                              Originally posted by randumb
                              Afrobean is being really different than his normal self (annoying, usually wrong, really offensive, acts like a wolf when he's human =P). He isn't doing much at all, which I think needs some analyzing.
                              Irony.

                              And by the way, regardless of how accurate you may be, you really have no right to be judging me like that after so few games played with me.

                              Comment

                              • iggymatrixcounter
                                FFR Veteran
                                • Nov 2003
                                • 1924

                                #135
                                Re: TWG XXXIII - An Alien Invasion.

                                afro get on AIM geez.
                                lastfm
                                PANDORA

                                Comment

                                Working...