TWG XXXIII - An Alien Invasion.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • FFR4EVA_00
    FFR Player
    • Aug 2005
    • 1770

    #31
    Re: TWG XXXIII - An Alien Invasion.

    Wait a minute, just because someone made a plan with a risk of failure, doesn't mean that they're a wolf. nforcer then.
    ~*~Lurkadurk - 1134-7796-6967~*~

    Comment

    • Tps222
      FFR Player
      • Nov 2004
      • 6169

      #32
      Re: TWG XXXIII - An Alien Invasion.

      FFR4EVA, I realize you are new. Here in TWG, we encourage players to explain their votes and give their own opinion on the matter, not just blindly follow someone elses.

      As for this whole matter, I somewhat agree with Chardish, but I feel that this is going to have the be one of the best played games for us in order to win.

      Comment

      • Necamus
        FFR Player
        • Nov 2005
        • 853

        #33
        Re: TWG XXXIII - An Alien Invasion.

        Seeing as half the people in this game haven't even posted yet, I'm thinking I'll wait a while before I vote.

        I don't see quite why people are voting for either nforcer or chardish.

        nforcer said that aperson was a likely kill. So? Granted, he wouldn't be my first thought as a kill, but he still seems a decent choice. Personally, I would have killed Fish, especially with no guardian being around.

        chardish did absolutely nothing. It seems he and aperson have some tension between them that I was unaware of, but I still doubt that would transfer over in TWG.
        www.freerice.com

        Comment

        • Kilgamayan
          Super Scooter Happy
          FFR Simfile Author
          • Feb 2003
          • 6583

          #34
          Re: TWG XXXIII - An Alien Invasion.

          Wow, there's a whole lot of early voting going on in this game.

          I have my theories about blah's vote but he's the only one I would tell them just in case I'm right but the wolves aren't thinking on the same wavelength (with 4 of them it's not a large possibility that none of them have thought the way I did but it's there). Afro's vote is just dumb though. I can't imagine it's going to be his final one.

          EVA has been acting funny so far. The back to back vote posts on this page are just weird. I don't like it that much.

          chardish, you seem overly paranoid. I completely disagree that the only reason the wolves would kill ap would be to frame you, not only because I would hope everyone playing this game would be smarter than to try such a base tactic, but because he's a smart and active player even if his methods are sometimes unorthodox. Leaving him alive to generate suspicion would be dumb because as a human with nothing to hide he would be able to counter any accusation, just like Tass (unless he screwed up majorly but I seriously doubt he would be so careless).
          I watched clouds awobbly from the floor o' that kayak. Souls cross ages like clouds cross skies, an' tho' a cloud's shape nor hue nor size don't stay the same, it's still a cloud an' so is a soul. Who can say where the cloud's blowed from or who the soul'll be 'morrow? Only Sonmi the east an' the west an' the compass an' the atlas, yay, only the atlas o' clouds.

          Comment

          • JurseyRider734
            lil j the bad b-word
            • Aug 2003
            • 7509

            #35
            Re: TWG XXXIII - An Alien Invasion.

            @Kilga: Don't call him EVA...you'll confuse me.

            Stupid voting going on. Blah, Afro, nforcer, FFR4EVA...that's ridiculous. Have you even talked to the people you're voting for on AIM? Afro's and FFR4EVAs seem like bandwagons just because they THINK the original voters have a good idea. Make your own speculations, please. k thanks

            The only person i've talked to is Tps. He just asked me if I was a wolf and I told him I was human and mad that I got it because there's a 50% chance I could have gotten a cooler role. What bs is that. Host is sexist.
            Originally posted by Arch0wl
            I'd better be considering I own roughly six textbooks on logic and have taken courses involving its extensive use

            Originally posted by Afrobean
            Originally Posted by JurseyRider734
            the fact that you're resorting to threatening physical violence says a lot anyway.
            Just that you're a piece of shit who can't see reason and instead deserves a fucking beating.

            Comment

            • nforcer06164
              FFR Player
              • Mar 2003
              • 4772

              #36
              Re: TWG XXXIII - An Alien Invasion.

              Originally posted by Tps222
              Anyways, Aperson dead, not a big suprise I suppose.
              Originally posted by iggymatrixcounter
              Even though I agree that ap is annoying, he's still good at twg, meaning anyone would have chosen him, not just someone who had a grudge.
              Originally posted by FFR4EVA_00
              Now, aperson is quite an experienced player in TWG. He got MVP in at least one game, and has hosted one or two games as well. Maybe that means that the majority of the wolves are experienced TWG players, not jTWG.
              Hmmm... three people before me mention the the aperson kill was not a big surprise. Guess the fourth one to bring it up is a wolf, huh?

              Let's go back to iggy's plan for a moment. How stupid would it be for a mason to reveal all their partners right away? Any human or wolf could reveal themselves in the thread, according to iggy's plan, say they were seered, and ask the masons to come to them. The wolf shaman could find a blue, go to that blue hoping that they're a mason, and get the other two easy. Now, I thought it was common sense that in either of those situations, you wait to be sure that everybody's had a chance to see the thread and say something before you reveal yourself. I'm pretty sure everyone here knows how to use basic common sense.

              If a newer player was seered, they would look to the seer for guidance. If the seered player was a vet, they'd be able to figure it out for themselves. Any newer mason player would be cautious enough to look to their partners before spilling their guts.

              Oh, and as for somebody killing aperson in order to set you up, Chardish... I don't think any player here is stupid enough to see aperson's death as a good reason to vote you. Don't bring up blah... we all know he's not serious. His subsequent posts proved that. I don't know what's up with Afrobean, but his vote wouldn't have been there without blah's.

              PROUD OWNER OF TWO OMEGA FAVORS. YEAH, NICE TRY.
              Giant NES Controller (4 FEET) progress: PAINT IS DONE!
              Download my Wii Music Suite v1.0, and PM me with your input!

              Originally posted by Squeek
              My mind says "GOGOGOG" and my hands go "wut no scru u ***"

              Comment

              • Tokzic
                FFR Player
                • May 2005
                • 6878

                #37
                Re: TWG XXXIII - An Alien Invasion.

                asdf i just typed up a huge post and it timed me out

                (InfernoBlueFlame)

                Sorry about not being around until this late, guys, it's exam week, but I'll be done by tomorrow afternoon.

                Anyway, everything I've been thinking has pretty much been said already. Aperson is a smart kill, yeah, but don't forget that there's four freaking wolves here. True, there's some jTWG in the mix this game, but it is greatly outnumbered by regulars, and as long as there's a single person who knows what they're talking about on the wolf side, they'll be the one calling the shots. So smart kills are to be expected, and any psychology tricks are probably a waste of time.

                Yeah, masons should keep their identities secret. But consider, the Shaman's probably going to tear through them pretty fast, so masons, if you're the last survivor, it's probably smart to come out with your knowledge and tip the scales a bit when such a situation comes up.

                Just judging on behavior at the moment, chardish, iggy, and 4EVA are jumping out at me a lot. I won't vote now because I probably missed a lot of key points since I'm in study mode, so I just skimmed through everything and got the bare-bone facts.

                I'll be on AIM for the next fifteen minutes or so, then it's back to studying for Math. If you want to talk to me and stuff, do it now, because I won't be back until 3:00 tomorrow.

                Last edited by Tokzic: Today at 11:59 PM. Reason: wait what

                Comment

                • FFR4EVA_00
                  FFR Player
                  • Aug 2005
                  • 1770

                  #38
                  Re: TWG XXXIII - An Alien Invasion.

                  attn: Do not refer to me as EVA, or any variation of that.

                  Anyway, afrobean's vote did seem a bit strange to me. As far as I know, unless chardish actually said that he was a wolf in a PM or something to afro (which I doubt), then he's just voting for the sake of voting. He's probably about as serious as blah with his vote.

                  I'm not saying that chardish is absolutely not a human. It's just as likely that he's a wolf than anybody else. Iggy and nforcer seem more suspicious to me, since they're supporting a plan with a 25% chance of failure.

                  Consider the vote for nforcer as a placeholder for now.
                  ~*~Lurkadurk - 1134-7796-6967~*~

                  Comment

                  • Afrobean
                    Admiral in the Red Army
                    • Dec 2003
                    • 13262

                    #39
                    Re: TWG XXXIII - An Alien Invasion.

                    Originally posted by Tps222
                    FFR4EVA, I realize you are new. Here in TWG, we encourage players to explain their votes and give their own opinion on the matter, not just blindly follow someone elses.
                    sup lol

                    Originally posted by Kilga
                    Afro's vote is just dumb though. I can't imagine it's going to be his final one.
                    Meh. We'll see.

                    Originally posted by jurs
                    Afro's ... [seems] like [a bandwagon] just because [he THINKS] the original [voter has] a good idea.
                    BRACKETS LOL

                    Oh and there is no idea to blah's vote so your statement is null.

                    By the way, I suggest that everyone read Chardish's post in which he votes for nforcer. I didn't really have a reason to vote for chardish before, but if I hadn't already, I'd be doing so because of that.

                    ps ffr4evaUNDERSCOREZEROS: You're stupid.

                    Comment

                    • DiscoBobbyPARANOiA
                      FFR Player
                      • Sep 2005
                      • 1206

                      #40
                      Re: TWG XXXIII - An Alien Invasion. D1

                      Originally posted by DiscoBobbyPARANOiA
                      Day 1 will end [and Night 2 will begin] at 11PM Friday EDT (this is 3 AM Saturday GMT).
                      It's in my post at the start of D1.

                      Edit:
                      Originally posted by DiscoBobbyPARANOiA
                      Kilgamayan - bjstrattonim
                      Necamus - gunslinger5390
                      FishFishRevolution - insanelikeafish
                      Chardish - This Is Chardish
                      iggymatrixcounter - iggy911Mc
                      Tps222 - Tps7910
                      ddrdanc3r55 - Randumb lol
                      xObserveRx - xTried N Truex
                      FFR4EVA_00 - UNKLEZ100
                      MiniNeo - min1ne0
                      blahblah18 - mastr414
                      Afrobean - afrobean16
                      nforcer06164 - nforcer06164
                      Tokzic - InfernoBlueFlame
                      aperson - Phonem Recursive (dead'd)
                      JurseyRider734 - xxplatoniclove
                      The list is complete, my apologies for not having it done pre-game.
                      Last edited by DiscoBobbyPARANOiA; 06-22-2006, 08:40 PM.


                      Iggy911Mc (12:55:49 AM): Mudkip is a Koala Bear.

                      Comment

                      • JurseyRider734
                        lil j the bad b-word
                        • Aug 2003
                        • 7509

                        #41
                        Re: TWG XXXIII - An Alien Invasion.

                        edit nevermind

                        I thought today was Friday >_>
                        Originally posted by Arch0wl
                        I'd better be considering I own roughly six textbooks on logic and have taken courses involving its extensive use

                        Originally posted by Afrobean
                        Originally Posted by JurseyRider734
                        the fact that you're resorting to threatening physical violence says a lot anyway.
                        Just that you're a piece of shit who can't see reason and instead deserves a fucking beating.

                        Comment

                        • iggymatrixcounter
                          FFR Veteran
                          • Nov 2003
                          • 1924

                          #42
                          Re: TWG XXXIII - An Alien Invasion.

                          Originally posted by chardish
                          Iggy, I hate plans that involve people coming out and determining who's fake and who's not. I'd prefer the content of posts be analyzed and theories be made based on who's dying - that's the best way to find wolves because the wolf kill is the only record we have of guaranteed wolf activity.
                          Hey I don't like it either, but if it wins games then I support it 100%....

                          Originally posted by chardish

                          As for your plan, I see it falling apart terribly if this sequence of events happens:
                          1) Wolf shaman saw a blue last night (1/3 chance)
                          2) That blue happened to be a mason (3/4 chance)
                          3) Wolf fakes seer and goes to the blue they saw, the blue buys it, and reveals all the masons to the wolf

                          That's a 25% chance that the wolves learn the identity of all the masons.

                          Therefore:
                          Masons, do not come out to anyone. That is not your role in this game. Your role is to be a secret society working together and independently to sniff out the wolves by talking amongst yourselves. Your role is not to be "confirmed greens." Your power is much greater if you remain in secret. In fact, if someone does pin you as a mason, don't reveal the other masons!


                          Ok let me break this down because you aren't seeing something. If the wolves saw a blue last night, then you're partially screwed no matter what plan, if any, takes place. 1/4 chance that it' would be the seer and therefore WILL die tonight, why not take a risk and try to get the info out that blues are dying?

                          Even if a blue seering happened, first off the wolf to pull off the fake would probably be MW, then he tells the blue role that he is the seer..... but the MW could be telling the seer (1/4 chance) that he is the seer and therefore be killed for no reason or gain. So this lowers the likelihood that a wolf would reveal himself to a blue seering. They would just off the blue and move on, trying to gain something has a fairly big risk (25%) and they just accomplish something that they will pretty much already do.

                          Therefore your third point wouldn't occur because of the risk the wolves would be taking.

                          Yes there are lots of places where faking could occur, but for 1) Reds don't fake blue roles in my experiences and 2) if there's ANY risk, very few wolves would try to take it, especially this game where the wolves are sitting very nicely with many powers.


                          I still say it's a good plan, but I take those risks that no one else does. If we do NOTHING then the wolves will probably wipe out the masons and seer with no one being able to do anything.

                          And really if you think about it, if a player came back green, then wolves WOULDN'T wolf them because they want blues. If a wolf seered someone seered by the seer (wha wha? XD) then they would live for a LONG time and be able to say that blues died or whatever.
                          lastfm
                          PANDORA

                          Comment

                          • iggymatrixcounter
                            FFR Veteran
                            • Nov 2003
                            • 1924

                            #43
                            Re: TWG XXXIII - An Alien Invasion.

                            And to add to that, I can't argue with the numbers themselves, chardish. However, you have to consider all sides and all possibilities and senarios. And if you take into account these other factors those 25% chances of risk are lowered to pretty much 0%.

                            And I stand behind this plan a lot because doing nothing is a very bad idea, so if you anyone can come up with something else, that would be sweet, but if not doing nothing is an easy wolf victory. (Unless you just get lucky with lynch picks and "deduction." Oh wait how many people actively post during a day? How many people STILL need to post? Isn't there a problem with inactivity? If you think finding out the wolves by people's posting style would be better, you can go right ahead. But people don't post, they don't get on AIM, they don't do much, and it makes it too easy to slip under the radar.)
                            lastfm
                            PANDORA

                            Comment

                            • blahblah18
                              FFR Player
                              • Aug 2004
                              • 1662

                              #44
                              Re: TWG XXXIII - An Alien Invasion.

                              nForcer wheeeee look at his poise and confidence and his decisive attacking
                              but for now... postCount++

                              Comment

                              • Afrobean
                                Admiral in the Red Army
                                • Dec 2003
                                • 13262

                                #45
                                Re: TWG XXXIII - An Alien Invasion.

                                blah, you son of a bitch

                                how dare you take pressure off chardish

                                Comment

                                Working...