TWG XXXIII - An Alien Invasion.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Kilgamayan
    Super Scooter Happy
    FFR Simfile Author
    • Feb 2003
    • 6583

    #91
    Re: TWG XXXIII - An Alien Invasion.

    A three-way tie with ten minutes to go? How dumb.

    Since my Fish vote isn't going to matter, I'm changing to FFR4EVA. I think nforcer was just an overexcited human and that randumb is less of a risk no matter the roles.
    I watched clouds awobbly from the floor o' that kayak. Souls cross ages like clouds cross skies, an' tho' a cloud's shape nor hue nor size don't stay the same, it's still a cloud an' so is a soul. Who can say where the cloud's blowed from or who the soul'll be 'morrow? Only Sonmi the east an' the west an' the compass an' the atlas, yay, only the atlas o' clouds.

    Comment

    • Afrobean
      Admiral in the Red Army
      • Dec 2003
      • 13262

      #92
      Re: TWG XXXIII - An Alien Invasion.

      ok nvm

      Comment

      • DiscoBobbyPARANOiA
        FFR Player
        • Sep 2005
        • 1206

        #93
        Re: TWG XXXIII - An Alien Invasion.

        My clock says 11:00.

        Final tally:

        ddr: 2 (Jurs, iggy)
        blah: 1 (FFR)
        MiniNeo: 1 (nforcer)
        FFR: 3 (MiniNeo, Afro, Kilga)
        nforcer: 2 (blah, chardish)
        Chardish: 1 (xObserveRx)
        xObserveRx: 1 (FishFishRevolution)
        Necamus: 1 (ddrdanc3r55)

        As the sun was making it's final movements through the night's sky (that we see at least >_<) the village came to a decision. Througout the day there were jokes of the past, and serious discussions of the past, but what the villagers don't realize is that the aliens shouldn't pick who to kill based on past happenings, but who would be most likely to foil their plan. Near the end day, the villagers were starting to talk a bit more, and having trouble deciding who to kill on this deadful night of many to come, but right at the end they came to an agreement.

        And as it was deemed apropriate by the village, FFR4EVA_00 was lynched.

        I expect a PM from one of the Wolves for the kill, one from the Shaman, and one from the Seer, that is all.

        It is now Night 2. Day 2 begins at 10PM Saturday EDT (this is 2 AM Sunday GMT).
        Last edited by DiscoBobbyPARANOiA; 06-23-2006, 09:16 PM.


        Iggy911Mc (12:55:49 AM): Mudkip is a Koala Bear.

        Comment

        • DiscoBobbyPARANOiA
          FFR Player
          • Sep 2005
          • 1206

          #94
          Re: TWG XXXIII - An Alien Invasion.

          I changed the times, sorry to anyone who read it already. (I made it 2 days on accident)

          Current phantoms:
          Tps222 - 1
          Necamus - 1
          Tokzic - 1
          Last edited by DiscoBobbyPARANOiA; 06-23-2006, 09:08 PM.


          Iggy911Mc (12:55:49 AM): Mudkip is a Koala Bear.

          Comment

          • DiscoBobbyPARANOiA
            FFR Player
            • Sep 2005
            • 1206

            #95
            Re: TWG XXXIII - An Alien Invasion.

            The villagers left the elder's house and all returned home to get sleep; sleep that would not come easy and some would not even get.

            The last villagers to wake up found that a small crowd formed around blahblah18's home. Upon further inspection it was revealed that he had been killed in the same fashion as the elder and aperson; obviously the work of the aliens.

            blahblah18 is dead.

            It is now Day 2. Night 3 begins at 11PM Monday EDT (this is 3 AM Tuesday GMT).

            Current phantoms:
            Tps222 - 1
            Necamus - 1
            Tokzic - 1


            Iggy911Mc (12:55:49 AM): Mudkip is a Koala Bear.

            Comment

            • Necamus
              FFR Player
              • Nov 2005
              • 853

              #96
              Re: TWG XXXIII - An Alien Invasion.

              Funny time for day to start...

              I'm going to bed.
              www.freerice.com

              Comment

              • Kilgamayan
                Super Scooter Happy
                FFR Simfile Author
                • Feb 2003
                • 6583

                #97
                Re: TWG XXXIII - An Alien Invasion.

                Damn, I was worried that would happen. This is from near the end of Day 1.

                mastr414: so why did I do what I did?
                bjstrattonIM: I figured you were trying to lure votes.
                bjstrattonIM: You're a big name doing weird things. What better target for wolf votes?
                mastr414: sounds intelligent to me
                mastr414: basically nothing's happened day 1
                mastr414: in several game
                mastr414: what better way to ge tpeople to act
                mastr414: in ways that can be discerned?
                bjstrattonIM: Yeah.
                bjstrattonIM: At this point, I actually have a theory that you're a mason.
                bjstrattonIM: But it's not too strong.
                mastr414: fair enoguh

                I guess I wasn't the only one who thought that way.

                My mason theory stemmed from his conversation with nforcer; the way he was being so casual and the way he phrased a few of his statements made me think he perhaps didn't care too much about getting verbally attacked, possibly because he would have backup from his fellow masons.
                I watched clouds awobbly from the floor o' that kayak. Souls cross ages like clouds cross skies, an' tho' a cloud's shape nor hue nor size don't stay the same, it's still a cloud an' so is a soul. Who can say where the cloud's blowed from or who the soul'll be 'morrow? Only Sonmi the east an' the west an' the compass an' the atlas, yay, only the atlas o' clouds.

                Comment

                • iggymatrixcounter
                  FFR Veteran
                  • Nov 2003
                  • 1924

                  #98
                  Re: TWG XXXIII - An Alien Invasion.

                  Well even though there was a 33% chance that a blue was seen night 1, I would have believed that a blue was seen if a lower tier player got the axe instead of a high-profile player who a lot of people thought was human.

                  So my money is on blah not being blue.

                  So after 2 wolf kills and 2 wolf seers, plus 4 wolves and 1 lynch, there are probably 7 people that the wolves don't know right now give or take 1 for overlapping possibilities... fairly huge for day 2 IMO as the humans know nothing.

                  I hope the blues are well aware of this fact and are doing things accordingly since you guys didn't go with my plan yesterday. I'll try to think of something but I don't think any role revealing stratgies would be ideal at this point.

                  To the seer: you are going to die fairly soon in this game, I hope you have a way of telling someone what you've done so far in this game or your all your work will be for naught.

                  I'm going to reread and analyze for awhile but I've never been good at finding wolves this way... but will give it a try and post my findings later.
                  lastfm
                  PANDORA

                  Comment

                  • iggymatrixcounter
                    FFR Veteran
                    • Nov 2003
                    • 1924

                    #99
                    Re: TWG XXXIII - An Alien Invasion.

                    Ok first finding was that after looking a little bit at my relationship guide, I found that out of the 4 first-time twg players, only one was mentioned. (ddr is kind of new and I was the only one that called him out.) FFR was the one people talked about.

                    This makes me think of a few things: 1) nothing can be concluded 2) vets are telling the other three to shut up (either blue or red) and stay under the radar for now or 3) they are too new and everyone is leaving them alone because no one knows their exact playing styles.

                    However, after seeing what happened to ffr, I tend to lean towards number 2 because no one flinched when accusing him of doing dumb stuff. So I think there are people telling the new players to be calm down so that they stay away from the chopping block.

                    So yes, no, general thoughts?
                    lastfm
                    PANDORA

                    Comment

                    • Necamus
                      FFR Player
                      • Nov 2005
                      • 853

                      #100
                      Re: TWG XXXIII - An Alien Invasion.

                      It's possible that the vets are keeping others quiet, yes.

                      But I don't see how that would make sense for the blues. Aren't they supposed to be talking, forming an alliance, and rooting out the wolves? You can have an alliance without giving away critical roles, so I don't see why they would want to keep quiet. The reds, that's a different story. Seeing as everyone is more or lessing not firing any shots at the quiet people, they could most likely sneak under the radar.
                      www.freerice.com

                      Comment

                      • nforcer06164
                        FFR Player
                        • Mar 2003
                        • 4772

                        #101
                        Re: TWG XXXIII - An Alien Invasion.

                        I don't think you are understanding exactly what iggy is saying, Necamus. The vets in any group (red or blue) would keep everybody quiet within that group to remove association. This is good for the reds, in keeping themselves alive and avoiding the suspicion of the humans. For the blues, it's the same thing, only with a flip-flop of the roles; the blues disassociate themselves from a doomed player to keep the wolves from picking them all off. If a mason is saved from a lynch by revealing the role, then that mason and the mason that revealed the role will conseqently be wolfed the next two nights. Of course, faking complicates the whole thing, but that's a completely separate issue.

                        And iggy, you have to remember that the wolves are probably using the shaman power on more experienced players, because a blue power in the hands of a vet is much, much more dangerous to them than in a less-experienced player. So, the death of any one player says absolutely nothing about their role.

                        Hey, Fish was viewing the thread and didn't say anything! Hi, Fish!

                        PROUD OWNER OF TWO OMEGA FAVORS. YEAH, NICE TRY.
                        Giant NES Controller (4 FEET) progress: PAINT IS DONE!
                        Download my Wii Music Suite v1.0, and PM me with your input!

                        Originally posted by Squeek
                        My mind says "GOGOGOG" and my hands go "wut no scru u ***"

                        Comment

                        • FishFishRevolution
                          GotR Creator
                          • Nov 2003
                          • 7251

                          #102
                          Re: TWG XXXIII - An Alien Invasion.

                          Hey guys, I've been celebrating my birthday for the past several days. I was also put out when talisman told me he had not signed up to play, and sort of forgot about the game. Uncharacteristic of me for any role, I apologize.

                          Let's start off today with an accusation.

                          This post, just above me, and this post, from TWG18 are similar enough to have caught my attention when just barely browsing the thread. Something to think on. Also, since when does voting an inactive player who is known to be active as both a wolf and a human role help the humans at all?

                          My other suspicions just in reading the thread are observer and chardish. I want to have a chat with the Big C before the end of this game day though.

                          EDIT: for the less observant, Kilga was a wolf in 18.

                          Comment

                          • iggymatrixcounter
                            FFR Veteran
                            • Nov 2003
                            • 1924

                            #103
                            Re: TWG XXXIII - An Alien Invasion.

                            Originally posted by nforcer06164

                            And iggy, you have to remember that the wolves are probably using the shaman power on more experienced players, because a blue power in the hands of a vet is much, much more dangerous to them than in a less-experienced player. So, the death of any one player says absolutely nothing about their role.
                            This is true, but do you think the wolves would off an experienced player that they saw as green?

                            I'm not going into detail how the wolves should go about their strategy just because we have a lot of newer players and many who I think are too dumb to figure it out, but basically any seered green players would be safe from dying... so just something to consider. You theory could be what the wolves are doing, but they just as easily could be doing it a bit more strategic to find blues.... it just depends on what the wolves want, blues or good players.

                            I've also been considering a couple convos I had. I'm fairly busy now with setting up appointments for my knives XD. But I will try to get in as much of them as possible before day ends.

                            If anyone comes up with a stratgey, please share it, no matter how dumb you think it is. By putting an idea out there, another can refine it and another and refine it and maybe we will have something by the end of the day. Like I said yesterday, doing nothing = bad for humans (mostly blue roles) so help out the team and don't wait for others to carry your load.
                            lastfm
                            PANDORA

                            Comment

                            • Afrobean
                              Admiral in the Red Army
                              • Dec 2003
                              • 13262

                              #104
                              Re: TWG XXXIII - An Alien Invasion.

                              Originally posted by iggy
                              I'm not going into detail how the wolves should go about their strategy just because we have a lot of newer players and many who I think are too dumb to figure it out, but basically any seered green players would be safe from dying...
                              Am I the only one that read this as "listen, I won't wolf someone when the shamen report says they're green"?

                              Comment

                              • Tps222
                                FFR Player
                                • Nov 2004
                                • 6169

                                #105
                                Re: TWG XXXIII - An Alien Invasion.

                                Ok, caught up on everything, my bro and I were at my friends camp for the weekend, I appologize for the phantom. I have some unpacking to do, but I'll be on aim around 8 to discuss TWG.

                                Comment

                                Working...