TWG IX - Manhunt - End of Day 2 - Game Over

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • nforcer06164
    FFR Player
    • Mar 2003
    • 4772

    #76
    I've gotta say, Charlotte, you really did give yourself up to some pretty damning evidence. I was suspicious of you from the beginning, because of the subtle oddity of your posts. Now, I'm pretty convinced that you are Mirage. But, you did it to yourself. I'll break it down...

    1) Your posts, for a reason I still can't figure out, seemed very strange to me. They somehow stuck out, and in a way that sat very uncomfortably with me. It is a gut feeling with lack of evidence, and that may be good or bad alone. You never really can tell, but it can't be ignored. It goes on...

    2) You're theory of contacting everyone with no reason but to "just do it" (no, no Nike reference) is not normal. Blah did it in TWG VIII, but with very good reason: to find top suspected wolves, and to formulate who to guard, being the Guardian. It worked really well, too. I don't know what you were thinking, seriously. You contacted me first day, saying "hi", and then disappeared. I gave it five minutes, but you said nothing. Well, technically, you could say you contacted everyone, but with what substance? Exactly. None.

    3) You are trying WAY too hard to be human. When Tass said to post more AIM conversations, you jumped right on top of it. Most of these conversations, as blah and Hans pointed out, had little to no substance. I diligently read through the first few, but then quickly lost concentration because they seriously did lack contribution to the game, save an increase in the bandwidth of page 4. I ended up reading them through on your links, and even though the format gave me a headache, I realized something else: you are always trying to get on everyone's good side, bordering on, pardon the expression, "ass-kissing", best seen in your conversation with Q.

    4) In your conversation and your posts, it is hard to see you as human. Alain described it best. I can only add this, relating back to 3: try too hard to be human, and you won't look human.

    5) Alain got this covered before me, too: Tass. He really is pushing the Delta issue too much. He did Whorli in in TWG VIII by forcing her "humanity" on Afrobean. I wouldn't be surprised if this was a repeat. Also, your mistake relating to Tass was describing your relationship with him... how he knew you and your mental capacity well enough to be able to put you in such a position as the Hunted.

    6) No self-respecting human would EVER vote for themselves with the danger of being lynched. This is a team game. If you had ANY respect at all for your team, saying you are a human, you would try to convince others not to take you down, rather than doing yourself in. I made a stupid mistake in TWG VIII by accusing Jurs without knowing the story behind her humanity and fiercely protected myself not only to preserve myself, but the rest of the humans as well. It almost didn't work, but in the end, it did. You, however, are being very wishy-washy. You have plenty of room to defend yourself... anyone can see that. But you don't defend yourself. A reverse-psychology tactic? Reverse-psychology isn't gonna work here, sorry.

    Do you expect sympathy from us? Do you want us to change our votes? Your post is only doing you in. I don't know what you are thinking. Everything you said even sounds wolfish. I have no regrets for voting for you, Delta.

    PROUD OWNER OF TWO OMEGA FAVORS. YEAH, NICE TRY.
    Giant NES Controller (4 FEET) progress: PAINT IS DONE!
    Download my Wii Music Suite v1.0, and PM me with your input!

    Originally posted by Squeek
    My mind says "GOGOGOG" and my hands go "wut no scru u ***"

    Comment

    • Tps222
      FFR Player
      • Nov 2004
      • 6169

      #77
      Delta just seems too obvious of a choice to me, but his whole team vs self thing is stupid. Your hurting us by voting yourself, your practically giving yourself to mirage, which you said we shouldn't, your contradicting yourself too much. If your mirage, then you are trying a poor attempt at reverse pyschology, if a your a human, then your just giving up, and casuing suspcion, so it will be best to get rid of you. My vote goes to Delta, but i'm still going to keep a watch on blah.

      Comment

      • Tasselfoot
        Retired BOSS
        FFR Simfile Author
        • Jul 2003
        • 25185

        #78
        Alpha voted Delta
        Beta voted Kappa
        Delta voted Delta
        Zeta
        Iota
        Kappa voted Pi
        Lambda voted Delta
        Mu voted Delta
        Omicron voted Beta
        Pi
        Rho voted Delta
        Sigma

        5 votes for Delta
        1 vote for Pi
        1 vote for Kappa
        1 vote for Beta

        Not Voted: Zeta, Iota, Pi, Sigma.

        7 for Insta. Ends after the Pats/Colts game.

        deleted nforcer's, as i was doing this as he posted one... plus, his is wrong.
        RIP

        Comment

        • alainbryden
          Seen your member
          FFR Simfile Author
          • Dec 2003
          • 2873

          #79
          you got kefit down twice there bud

          edit, tass removed nforcers, posted the good one.

          α
          ~NEIGH

          Comment

          • nforcer06164
            FFR Player
            • Mar 2003
            • 4772

            #80
            Oops, sorry. o.o

            I got kinda scared when I refreshed and the topic supposedly did not exist.... *phew*

            Tass, can you put up a list breaking down codenames and players like I did? It gets frustrating when you have to keep checking back...and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

            PROUD OWNER OF TWO OMEGA FAVORS. YEAH, NICE TRY.
            Giant NES Controller (4 FEET) progress: PAINT IS DONE!
            Download my Wii Music Suite v1.0, and PM me with your input!

            Originally posted by Squeek
            My mind says "GOGOGOG" and my hands go "wut no scru u ***"

            Comment

            • GuidoHunter
              is against custom titles
              • Oct 2003
              • 7371

              #81
              I must say, as much as Delta's been giving himself away, I didn't see enough behavior that seemed wolfish to vote for him today. In fact, I really didn't see much of that from anybody...

              Except Iota. The theme to this game is "Silence gives Mirage the win." I felt that Delta just wanted to put out all the information that he possibly could so that the humans could draw their own conclusions, which is something I most certainly liked. But Iota comes in and demands that Delta hold back potential leads. I kind of see where he could sneak that by, because some of the stuff said really wasn't pertinent, but I want to know everything I can for this game.

              Information is the key to a human victory, and I don't want Iota keeping any from us.

              --Guido


              Originally posted by Grandiagod
              Originally posted by Grandiagod
              She has an asshole, in other pics you can see a diaper taped to her dead twin's back.
              Sentences I thought I never would have to type.

              Comment

              • roopert
                FFR Player
                • Feb 2004
                • 149

                #82
                Guys, I really don't think charlotte is the wolf. He seems much more like a human noob who is trying too hard, than a wolf who is just being dumb. I guess we'll find out soon enough. Oh and what the hell, why have four people not voted? That is killing us more than anything. We have 0 chance if a big chunk of players don't even plan on voting, let alone staying on top of the thread. Sigh....

                Comment

                • Tasselfoot
                  Retired BOSS
                  FFR Simfile Author
                  • Jul 2003
                  • 25185

                  #83
                  about 15 minutes...

                  and, Mu, no... I will post the player list + the codename list at the start of each day. Other than that, I am sticking with the theme as much as possible (Hoping y'all will stick with it more as well).
                  RIP

                  Comment

                  • Tasselfoot
                    Retired BOSS
                    FFR Simfile Author
                    • Jul 2003
                    • 25185

                    #84
                    *It is now 2200. 24 hours have passed for the hunters.*

                    "So, are we certain on our decision?" asks Alpha.

                    "Not at all, but we've wasted enough time and Delta has to go!" says Lambda.

                    "I still don't think this is right. Delta has been trying SO hard to help us all, and this is how we repay him?" says Beta.

                    "John Nash is crazy and talked to himself... so I am going to as well!" exclaims Delta.

                    "And you wonder why we're offing you. If I had Mirage's job, I'd be like you too." says Rho with a sigh.

                    "Enough!" shouts Mu. "What I'd like to know is... where have Iota, Pi, and Sigma run off to? Their not being here for this makes me suspicious of them."

                    Iota, Pi, and Sigma now each have 1 phantom vote

                    *Delta, resigned to his fate, pulls out his hunting knife and jabs it into his stomach. He collapses and gasps for air. Blood spurts out of his mouth, and silence follows.*

                    "Well, I feel relieved that Mirage is dead... so let's get some sleep folks. Get up at 0600 again?" asks Omicron.

                    "If only I were that optimistic. 0600 it is." states Kappa.


                    IT IS NOW NIGHT 2. MIRAGE, I NEED YOUR KILLS PLEASE.
                    RIP

                    Comment

                    • Tasselfoot
                      Retired BOSS
                      FFR Simfile Author
                      • Jul 2003
                      • 25185

                      #85
                      0600 comes early for the 11 hunters. They slowly rise and look around, curious to see if anyone is missing.

                      "Uh... Guys... where are Beta and Rho?" asks Alpha. There is a hint of fear in his voice.

                      "Sh*t." mumbles Sigma.

                      "Lets have a look around. Maybe they woke up early and got restless." says Zeta.

                      The group heads off, and quickly finds the bodies of Beta and Rho, not 100 meters from the campsite. Their bodies hang from a tree branch 30 feet off the ground.

                      "Last night, he quickly takes out two, miles apart from each other, and makes them look like accidents. Tonight, he shows strength by carrying their bodies high into the tree. I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm damn scared." announces Pi.

                      "What more can we do? We have to figure out who he is and kill him. TODAY!" says Lambda with as much enthusiasm as possible.



                      IT IS NOW DAY 2. YOU HAVE UNTIL 7PM WEDNESDAY NIGHT (I have class til then, otherwise I would end it at 48 hours.)

                      Some of you have not been very active. Please try and be more active. It is the hunters' only chance at winning.

                      Players Alive:
                      Alainbryden - Alpha
                      GuidoHunter - Zeta
                      HansSky - Iota
                      Kefit - Kappa
                      Kilgamayan - Lambda
                      Nforcer06164 – Mu
                      Roopert - Omicron
                      The_Q – Pi
                      Tsuteto - Sigma

                      Insta Lynch is 5. GL!
                      RIP

                      Comment

                      • nforcer06164
                        FFR Player
                        • Mar 2003
                        • 4772

                        #86
                        Okay, I can understand Beta (blah), but Rho (Tps)? I think whoever the Hunted is is really tying to confuse us, and they're doing a really good job. There's no pattern in the voting from what I can see... it seems to be somewhat random. Anyone else have any ideas? I'm drawing a blank so far.

                        PROUD OWNER OF TWO OMEGA FAVORS. YEAH, NICE TRY.
                        Giant NES Controller (4 FEET) progress: PAINT IS DONE!
                        Download my Wii Music Suite v1.0, and PM me with your input!

                        Originally posted by Squeek
                        My mind says "GOGOGOG" and my hands go "wut no scru u ***"

                        Comment

                        • Tps222
                          FFR Player
                          • Nov 2004
                          • 6169

                          #87
                          " Hey Beta what you doing", Beta "Nothing, just hanging around".[sarcasm] Im sure glad everyone cares about me dieing not just blah.[/sarcasm]
                          *slips head back in neuce*

                          Comment

                          • Tsuteto
                            FFR Player
                            • May 2004
                            • 1312

                            #88
                            Sorry for being a little on the inactive side people. Had a DDR tourney on Saturday, and then a missionary open house (it's a Mormon thing, don't bother asking unless you really want to know) that I wanted to attend on Sunday. Anyways, I'm back, and now reviewing who's left and what not.

                            Comment

                            • HansSky
                              FFR Player
                              • Oct 2003
                              • 1925

                              #89
                              Alright, guys. I'm really sorry for my inactivity and lack of decent posts. I was EXTREMELY busy all weekend, but now I'm available to pay close attention to the game. So busy, that I forgot that I needed to vote.

                              So +1 Phantom for me.


                              So I'm going to give a shoutout to Guido:

                              I wasn't saying: Don't post any convos. What I said was: Post things that are pertinent to the game. You know that the stuff he posted was going to take 30 minutes+ to read. And about 75% of it was USELESS. I'm not trying to hold back information, I'm trying to keep the unnecessary stuff out.


                              You've been on my list from the start Guido...you trying to put words in my mouth is putting you higher up.
                              hi

                              Comment

                              • alainbryden
                                Seen your member
                                FFR Simfile Author
                                • Dec 2003
                                • 2873

                                #90
                                Alain wakes up and wonders what the others are staring at. He breaks through the crowd and sees beta hanging from the tree. He drops to his knees, horrified. "Blah? Why Blah!" He pounds the ground with his fists. "You Idiots!!! You Blew it Up!! God, Damn you. Damn you all to HELL!!!" He then collapses to weep for the loss of his close friend, occasionally mumbling, "You're gonna fucking pay for this you damned bastard..."
                                ~NEIGH

                                Comment

                                Working...