TWG 191: Don't Trust Your Mentor - Game Thread

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • DaBackpack
    ~ お ま ん こ ~
    • Mar 2014
    • 918

    #1786
    Re: TWG 191: Don't Trust Your Mentor - Game Thread

    Originally posted by flashflash account
    there was a lot of unspoken resistance to the xel lynch. Realistically I'm not voting outside xel/poptart barring some bizarre double PR claim (and at that point it's likely a fake claim)
    I would just like to point out that certain people are turning this into a thunderdome between FG and DBP

    This reinforces that Xelnya is a wolf here

    Forcing thunderdomes in potential LYLO is scummy as fuck, and you should be taking a look at who's forcing the issue instead of looking at Xelnya, Subaru, etc.

    IMO It's funnygurl, but despite this I'm still more confident in Xelnya


    Originally posted by Moogy
    no one cares
    Originally posted by TWG Dan Hedgehog
    there are 743 matches for hedgehog suicide on deviantart
    that's kind of a sad statistic

    Comment

    • DaBackpack
      ~ お ま ん こ ~
      • Mar 2014
      • 918

      #1787
      Re: TWG 191: Don't Trust Your Mentor - Game Thread

      Originally posted by SubaruPoptart
      I'm going back to about page 50 for this, so here we are.
      for FFA:

      Here's the earliest reads I could find from him when he transferred in. I'm completely disregarding anything in his slot prior to his transfer as I couldn't really deduce anything from the stuff in there.



      I'm not gonna focus on his stance on me in my own reads as that's... I don't understand the point in that.

      Raeko's null, SF is Wolf, storn's wolf, and I'm not sure what TWG's indication is here.
      Pretty much everyone else is town. I'm keeping this in mind until I find another specific reads list from him.

      Onto the quotes I feel are important:

      This one's a bit of a 4-layered one. It starts as such if you open the spoiler.


      [About FG:]


      [The quote he's referencing:]


      [The quote she's referencing:]



      [The quote that Duskfall's saying that someone else voted for Shadow for:]



      [There's another quote within Backpack's one:]




      So. Backpack's reads were at the time, shadow, storn, raeko, and sunfan were wolves, dusk, MML, and Xel were town. If shadow's wolf, storn and FG are definitely wolves.

      Shadow didn't turn out to be a wolf and neither did Storn so there goes that, FG's still a wildcard in the next post. He also voted for Shadow in that post, which prompted Dusk to vote for Shadow on top of that. FG didn't like this from Dusk, and that she also didn't really like it from backpack either, considering the previous suspicions he had had.

      From all this, FFA deduces that FG's town. No real elaboration on this. With that one out of the way, we go onto this one.



      FFA replied:



      We get the elaboration on this one. He claims that the reads are "pure" and that they're comin from a "solvey point of view".

      Next one:

      this post from FG was responding to his initial reads list that I posted above


      In response to this:



      I can't quite find DBP's callout and I... have too many tabs open right now but I'd imagine it's somewhere in there.

      He'd'a voted for shadowgod, yet he backed up FG as being town when she called out Dusk for sheeping DaBackPack's vote for Shadow. That's somethin that doesn't make sense to me here. I'm assuming the "callout" is in reference to storn as well. FFA put storn as a solid wolf here so there's that.


      This next one doesn't really have anything to do with anything I just found this highly amusing:






      [/spoiler]

      Anyways back to the task at hand.





      Dusk's answer:


      I also couldn't ask this at the time but what's poe

      Which made FG ask to FFA:


      FFA responded:




      This also doesn't make much sense to me. Considering again, the last part where FFA considered FG town for calling out Dusk for voting Shadow. He's backing up Dusk's response here. I'd imagine there's some other stuff outside of his iso that explains it but I'm working within the iso here.

      Some pokemon posts past this... more pokemon, and then





      So again, the responses line up with the reads, FG also lives, still lines up.





      again wtf is poe

      Since he reads sunfan as a wolf, he's not going to read raeko is my takeaway from this.





      Doesn't consider lynching being the solution to sunfan/raeko, yet doesn't seem to deny the possibility of it being a thing.

      From this, I'm rolling a town.

      Despite the fact I've played with them before, I can't really remember or deduce their playstyle into my reasoning, yet they've been consistent with their reads and how they consider the roles of the people he's deduced, so that's why I'm rolling town.
      This is a wolf post

      What was the point of this???? You're summarizing shit that we've all read already. You're not adding any commentary, any reads

      your post is like a Coloradan crab cake --- there might actually be crab in there but 90% of it is bullshit filler


      Originally posted by Moogy
      no one cares
      Originally posted by TWG Dan Hedgehog
      there are 743 matches for hedgehog suicide on deviantart
      that's kind of a sad statistic

      Comment

      • SubaruPoptart
        da kyo~
        • Nov 2015
        • 737

        #1788
        Re: TWG 191: Don't Trust Your Mentor - Game Thread

        Originally posted by DaBackpack
        This is a wolf post

        What was the point of this???? You're summarizing shit that we've all read already. You're not adding any commentary, any reads

        your post is like a Coloradan crab cake --- there might actually be crab in there but 90% of it is bullshit filler
        Could I get a chance to make an actual good read tomorrow? Cuz like I said before, wasn't exactly sure how to approach this kinda stuff. What Dusk told me earlier makes a lotta sense, and now that I know better how to approach making stuff like this I feel I can do better.

        I'm genuinely trying this game, since I was too shy, for lack of a better descriptor, to try in the other games I was in.






        Originally posted by qrrbrbirbel
        AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
        Originally posted by the sun fan
        AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA



        Originally posted by Shadow_God_10
        Oh God it's Subaru
        Originally posted by Deamerai
        damnit subaru
        Originally posted by FreezinIce
        You can lead Subaru to water, but you can't make him vote at EOD
        Originally posted by the sun fan
        if cocoa flips town, n2 vig should shoot zenith obv
        Originally posted by Funnygurl555
        wolf gurls exist awooo owo ¿furries? owo awoo


        Originally posted by dAnceguy117

        Comment

        • SubaruPoptart
          da kyo~
          • Nov 2015
          • 737

          #1789
          Re: TWG 191: Don't Trust Your Mentor - Game Thread

          It's like 4:00 AM right now and the water's stopped coming in for the most part so I'm gonna head to bed but otherwise tomorrow once I'm awake and able I'll redo it yea?






          Originally posted by qrrbrbirbel
          AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
          Originally posted by the sun fan
          AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA



          Originally posted by Shadow_God_10
          Oh God it's Subaru
          Originally posted by Deamerai
          damnit subaru
          Originally posted by FreezinIce
          You can lead Subaru to water, but you can't make him vote at EOD
          Originally posted by the sun fan
          if cocoa flips town, n2 vig should shoot zenith obv
          Originally posted by Funnygurl555
          wolf gurls exist awooo owo ¿furries? owo awoo


          Originally posted by dAnceguy117

          Comment

          • DaBackpack
            ~ お ま ん こ ~
            • Mar 2014
            • 918

            #1790
            Re: TWG 191: Don't Trust Your Mentor - Game Thread

            Originally posted by SubaruPoptart
            And how do I really produce "content"? Cuz in all honesty the only thing I know about reads are to quote stuff, and give kinda like, general statements about how I feel about em.
            It's hard for me to say this without being an asshole but

            if you're town, you are going to be scumread for not being able to produce good reads, period

            we don't want a text wall where you walk us through what they did, ESPECIALLY if your final conclusion is gonna be "ok they're prolly town"

            you need to synthesize information and not be afraid of stating opinions. opinions are what make this game work. if your opinions look authentic, you're town; if your opinions look forced or inconsistent, you're a wolf

            FMPOV it looks like you've been spending this entire game writing stuff down so that you could make "big posts" so that you can slide by on "but I wrote a lot!!"

            writing a lot isn't a town tell. intelligent reads are a town tell


            Originally posted by Moogy
            no one cares
            Originally posted by TWG Dan Hedgehog
            there are 743 matches for hedgehog suicide on deviantart
            that's kind of a sad statistic

            Comment

            • DaBackpack
              ~ お ま ん こ ~
              • Mar 2014
              • 918

              #1791
              Re: TWG 191: Don't Trust Your Mentor - Game Thread

              Originally posted by SubaruPoptart
              Could I get a chance to make an actual good read tomorrow? Cuz like I said before, wasn't exactly sure how to approach this kinda stuff. What Dusk told me earlier makes a lotta sense, and now that I know better how to approach making stuff like this I feel I can do better.

              I'm genuinely trying this game, since I was too shy, for lack of a better descriptor, to try in the other games I was in.
              that's fine, I understand if you're not used to it yet, but the more pressure you get, the more likely we are to learn your true alignment

              you're not getting a free pass, you're getting another opportunity to set the stage for your own performance


              Originally posted by Moogy
              no one cares
              Originally posted by TWG Dan Hedgehog
              there are 743 matches for hedgehog suicide on deviantart
              that's kind of a sad statistic

              Comment

              • flashflash account
                FFR Player
                • Apr 2017
                • 567

                #1792
                Re: TWG 191: Don't Trust Your Mentor - Game Thread

                Waht backpack is present
                I'm committed to looking again at fg at some point
                I think I agree with the thunderdome thing
                aka mikey

                -----

                Originally posted by FreezinIce
                FFA playing 4D chess in Gemity while us mortals are stuck on this gay earth

                Originally posted by QueenAshy
                I’ve demonstrated self-awareness
                Originally posted by MinaciousGrace
                i was pretty close to letting this slide tbh, but honestly your utter lack of understanding of the situation irritates me more than anything else at this point
                Originally posted by MinaciousGrace
                seriously everything i wrote went way over your head if your reading comprehension is so far below third grade level while people may care about your opinion you should refrain from giving it because it's worthless

                Comment

                • flashflash account
                  FFR Player
                  • Apr 2017
                  • 567

                  #1793
                  Re: TWG 191: Don't Trust Your Mentor - Game Thread

                  Dark souls has not been kind if anyone is interested
                  Tried to help a random with 4 kings for a while but they are level 10 so I'm just like
                  Useless basically

                  Kind of like twg hahaha self deprecation so funny
                  aka mikey

                  -----

                  Originally posted by FreezinIce
                  FFA playing 4D chess in Gemity while us mortals are stuck on this gay earth

                  Originally posted by QueenAshy
                  I’ve demonstrated self-awareness
                  Originally posted by MinaciousGrace
                  i was pretty close to letting this slide tbh, but honestly your utter lack of understanding of the situation irritates me more than anything else at this point
                  Originally posted by MinaciousGrace
                  seriously everything i wrote went way over your head if your reading comprehension is so far below third grade level while people may care about your opinion you should refrain from giving it because it's worthless

                  Comment

                  • DaBackpack
                    ~ お ま ん こ ~
                    • Mar 2014
                    • 918

                    #1794
                    Re: TWG 191: Don't Trust Your Mentor - Game Thread

                    for one, you should be interacting with people in thread when you can, and we want to see your interactions align with your reads

                    megaposts and textwalls generally feel super detached from reality and often are used to easily construct narratives without needing to challenge them. In general it reflects well on you if you start off with Hypothesis A, then actively test it by talking to people, and if you think you're right you build your case around the Experiment. What's also good is if there's a point at which you realize that Hypothesis A is wrong and use this information to evolve your mindset. Evolution is a towny thing.

                    If you're town I don't think you need to worry. If you're a wolf we'll be able to tell.


                    Originally posted by Moogy
                    no one cares
                    Originally posted by TWG Dan Hedgehog
                    there are 743 matches for hedgehog suicide on deviantart
                    that's kind of a sad statistic

                    Comment

                    • DaBackpack
                      ~ お ま ん こ ~
                      • Mar 2014
                      • 918

                      #1795
                      Re: TWG 191: Don't Trust Your Mentor - Game Thread

                      Originally posted by flashflash account
                      Waht backpack is present
                      I'm committed to looking again at fg at some point
                      I think I agree with the thunderdome thing
                      I'd really like everyone to go and read Xelnya's ISO and find anything indicating a solving mindset


                      Originally posted by Moogy
                      no one cares
                      Originally posted by TWG Dan Hedgehog
                      there are 743 matches for hedgehog suicide on deviantart
                      that's kind of a sad statistic

                      Comment

                      • Duskfall
                        FFR Player
                        • Oct 2019
                        • 0

                        #1796
                        Re: TWG 191: Don't Trust Your Mentor - Game Thread

                        I said the same thing dbp said but nicer

                        Does this mean I've become a non toxic mafia player?

                        Comment

                        • flashflash account
                          FFR Player
                          • Apr 2017
                          • 567

                          #1797
                          Re: TWG 191: Don't Trust Your Mentor - Game Thread

                          Originally posted by Duskfall
                          I said the same thing dbp said but nicer

                          Does this mean I've become a non toxic mafia player?
                          Unironically I think you have gotten a lot better since like
                          Roughly your modship probably
                          aka mikey

                          -----

                          Originally posted by FreezinIce
                          FFA playing 4D chess in Gemity while us mortals are stuck on this gay earth

                          Originally posted by QueenAshy
                          I’ve demonstrated self-awareness
                          Originally posted by MinaciousGrace
                          i was pretty close to letting this slide tbh, but honestly your utter lack of understanding of the situation irritates me more than anything else at this point
                          Originally posted by MinaciousGrace
                          seriously everything i wrote went way over your head if your reading comprehension is so far below third grade level while people may care about your opinion you should refrain from giving it because it's worthless

                          Comment

                          • flashflash account
                            FFR Player
                            • Apr 2017
                            • 567

                            #1798
                            Re: TWG 191: Don't Trust Your Mentor - Game Thread

                            Originally posted by DaBackpack
                            I'd really like everyone to go and read Xelnya's ISO and find anything indicating a solving mindset
                            I will commit to this as well
                            Probably tomorrow
                            aka mikey

                            -----

                            Originally posted by FreezinIce
                            FFA playing 4D chess in Gemity while us mortals are stuck on this gay earth

                            Originally posted by QueenAshy
                            I’ve demonstrated self-awareness
                            Originally posted by MinaciousGrace
                            i was pretty close to letting this slide tbh, but honestly your utter lack of understanding of the situation irritates me more than anything else at this point
                            Originally posted by MinaciousGrace
                            seriously everything i wrote went way over your head if your reading comprehension is so far below third grade level while people may care about your opinion you should refrain from giving it because it's worthless

                            Comment

                            • flashflash account
                              FFR Player
                              • Apr 2017
                              • 567

                              #1799
                              Re: TWG 191: Don't Trust Your Mentor - Game Thread

                              Man we need nutella up in here
                              I wonder if they're interested in playing on ffr
                              aka mikey

                              -----

                              Originally posted by FreezinIce
                              FFA playing 4D chess in Gemity while us mortals are stuck on this gay earth

                              Originally posted by QueenAshy
                              I’ve demonstrated self-awareness
                              Originally posted by MinaciousGrace
                              i was pretty close to letting this slide tbh, but honestly your utter lack of understanding of the situation irritates me more than anything else at this point
                              Originally posted by MinaciousGrace
                              seriously everything i wrote went way over your head if your reading comprehension is so far below third grade level while people may care about your opinion you should refrain from giving it because it's worthless

                              Comment

                              • DaBackpack
                                ~ お ま ん こ ~
                                • Mar 2014
                                • 918

                                #1800
                                Re: TWG 191: Don't Trust Your Mentor - Game Thread

                                Originally posted by XelNya
                                You still look bad for it though, because you literally referenced a post i'd made recently and while it wasn't important, you couldn't be bothered.

                                Not lynch worthy yet - especially because sunfan is being a bit spicy right now with that shadow push - but you know.

                                Stating for the inevitable iso read later. Or eod cfd.

                                Whichever it is.
                                This interaction will be important to look at once we have a wolf flip


                                Originally posted by Moogy
                                no one cares
                                Originally posted by TWG Dan Hedgehog
                                there are 743 matches for hedgehog suicide on deviantart
                                that's kind of a sad statistic

                                Comment

                                Working...