TWG CLXXIX: The Third FE Mystery Game Game Thread

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • FreezinIce
    FFR Player
    • May 2005
    • 265

    #7261
    Re: TWG CLXXIX: The Third FE Mystery Game Game Thread

    I'm sad grit is dead
    ========

    To let the world be.

    ========

    Originally posted by Charu
    Wow, all most of my town reads vanished. Thanks Freez for stirring the pot, motherfucker!!!


    Originally posted by mellon_collie
    AHHHHHHHHH SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET
    Originally posted by roundbox
    AHHHHHHHHH SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET


    Originally posted by Afrobean
    Lynch all liars is good meta. Period.
    Originally posted by Red
    My guess at this point is that there aren't actually any wolves, and all the humans are just going to kill each other until only a few are left. Then the remaining survivors will realize they are the real monsters.
    Originally posted by TWG Ike
    SCUM THEATER AA SCUM CHARU WOLF ALIEN ROUNDBOX IS TOWN AND FRAMED

    Comment

    • Celirra
      FFR Player
      • Apr 2015
      • 749

      #7262
      Re: TWG CLXXIX: The Third FE Mystery Game Game Thread

      Originally posted by Precarious
      1. Give up hope.
      2. Freezin implicates himself.
      3. Still going to be lynched.

      This rollercoaster of emotions. I look forward to discussing this with you guys at length in the post game. In the meantime, let me leave you with this:

      The Last Will and Testament of Precarious

      To Freezin, I bequeath one vote--except it's already on you.

      To the Town, I bequeath the following:







      Please refer to my D0 EOD analysis in 4868

      D0 EOD was characterized by a lot of late vote-swapping. This isn't unusual, but the intensity and specificity of it was. As noted, the original wagons were ultimately eclipsed by Manti and FG--the Manti wagon in particular filled quickly. It's worth noting that Jessie voted at the very last moment, thus sparing FG. I initially interpreted this as an indicator that Funny's and Jessie were a potential scum pair, but I abandoned that much later--after Funny's big reveal. I believe this was a mistake--thanks to their friendship and the EOD result I overassociated the two of them, which caused me to overlook the obvious once Funny cleared. And that's that the Jessie/Charu wolf link has never been comfortably disproved. Instead, I notice they've since limited their direct interaction since my original case (see 5018), presumably distancing.

      ***

      Now, the Funny wagon has, by definition, one wolf. That's Freezin. All other players in that group are since flipped. That makes sense, since ideally wolves would want to avoid action, hiding their votes in a safe non-lynched space when the lynchee proved to not be one of them.

      All other currently alive wolves must therefore have their votes spread elsewhere. I suspect Charu and Jessie on the Manti wagon; I also have some concerns about Daikyi, whose vote pattern is troubling. He was a late push on Manti, was unvoted the next day, and avoided the entire showdown between me and FFA (ultimately resulting in the insta) the next day. His play has been overly cautious and cynically reflective, picking on minutiae that never goes anywhere in order to create stasis. I have a hard time believing there'd be so many wolves on the same wagon, but Daikyi reads wolf if Charu/Jessie is wrong.

      Xiz by contrast looks the best of the Manti voters. His Tokzic vote looks very good in retrospect. I read his confusion in various places as genuine. According to his posts, he had various IRL commitments that affected his time, and his confusion over the Funny Speculator triad seems genuine. In light of that, his willingness to go against the grain there feels like the work of someone trying to solve something without full understanding. He has a fairly high post volume with a fair amount of filler, but overall he seems genuinely inquisitive.

      Zenith and Sprucegrit are probably town. Despite his excessive tunneling on me, Zenith's aggression has always felt genuine, coming from a place of conviction. His ability to make up for the, um, actions of his predecessor speak to a high degree of commitment--that's sort of NAI, but the sheer analytical effort feels out of place for scum in a game of this much activity. More to the point, his D0 vote looks good in retrospect. After that is less clear, but his distaste for me is consistent with not participating in the insta.

      Sprucegrit also benefits from the same D0 logic, having placed a vote (along with MML) on Freezin. As above,these were not threatening wagons in the long run, but the EOD circumstances changed rapidly. Tokzic was initially taking heat due to a combination of inactivity and irrelevant material in his brief appearances, and Freezin absorbed some heat after his and MML's claims clashed a bit. (We now know that MML was sort of right; Freezin has at least partially abandoned that particular pose). This was further buttressed by his next day's vote, where he correctly voted for Tokzic (this EOD is less interesting to me since it was largely premised on what turned out to be a slip by Tokzic, but the results are still somewhat meaningful imo). I'm not as sold as many on Spruce's actual play, probably because it's stylistically distinct from what I'm used to. There seems to be a lot of deference paid for relatively few aggressive reads, but I fall into the camp that sees his initial item post as towny.

      Blind was on FFA (a temporarily promising wagon) on D0, Roundbox the next day, FFA again yesterday as part of the insta. Similar to his actual play, this is fairly null. However, his results are relatively internally consistent, given that he's come back to Round again. I don't really care for his game. It's been aggressive in places, but conveniently so; he also had that really scummy "why am I alive" post at 6583 that felt like a guilty twitch. That said, his style feels somewhat similar to Freezin's to me, and I'm not sure wolves would be comfortable adopting that tone with multiple players. Null.

      TWGma and Celirra both voted WC on D1, then diverged--but frankly, I have trouble seeing either as a wolf. TWGma's FE knowledge and general bent, as well as focused activity reads firmly town. His Roundbox vote is generally reasonable. Celirra's play has been more sporadic imo, but has a solid claim, and a Tokzic vote (as well as the conviction to defy the insta, even if their assumption was still wrong).

      Roundbox's play has improved from his start, but still comes across as forced. His reluctance to commit to shooting in the ITA speaks to this; his play is all over the place, occasionally teasing substance, but never actually providing it. His Tokzic vote does look good in retrospect, but a pile on is hardly a rare idea. Wolf lean.

      Xel barely exists. I don't have the meta knowledge some of you do. Null.
      quoting for analysis
      ,,
       ,_, -ー'"{
       ゛ヌ ノノノノハヾ
       ノ li.゚ ヮ゚ノi
      彡と} 猫.{つ

      Comment

      • roundbox
        fhqwhgads
        • Feb 2005
        • 2086

        #7263
        Re: TWG CLXXIX: The Third FE Mystery Game Game Thread

        If you lynch me you straight up lose the game celery

        Notice how I didn't tell this to Charu since it would be a win from his point of view
        Originally posted by the sun fan
        I'd be too tiny to be a bouncer



        Comment

        • Daikyi
          FFR Player
          • Dec 2013
          • 10

          #7264
          Re: TWG CLXXIX: The Third FE Mystery Game Game Thread

          Originally posted by FreezinIce
          Did u check prec post history


          He used his roleblock on me after I faked I was going to guard fg.

          If u think that was staged or something I have a bridge to sell u
          did i fucking miss this i legit went through and checked after he flipped

          Comment

          • Charu
            Snivy! Dohoho!
            FFR Simfile Author
            • Mar 2006
            • 6207

            #7265
            Re: TWG CLXXIX: The Third FE Mystery Game Game Thread

            Seriously, who's the vigi shot. If wolves had 3 KPS last phase I'll lose my shit.


            Originally posted by JohnRedWolf87
            Charu the red-nosed Snivy
            Had a very shiny nose
            And if you ever saw it
            You could even say it glows

            All of the other Snivies
            Used to laugh and call him names
            They never let poor Charu
            Join in any Snivy games

            (Click the arrow to see the rest)


            Originally posted by Vendetta21
            All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.

            Comment

            • Celirra
              FFR Player
              • Apr 2015
              • 749

              #7266
              Re: TWG CLXXIX: The Third FE Mystery Game Game Thread

              Originally posted by FreezinIce
              Did u check prec post history


              He used his roleblock on me after I faked I was going to guard fg.

              If u think that was staged or something I have a bridge to sell u
              got a quote?
              ,,
               ,_, -ー'"{
               ゛ヌ ノノノノハヾ
               ノ li.゚ ヮ゚ノi
              彡と} 猫.{つ

              Comment

              • Celirra
                FFR Player
                • Apr 2015
                • 749

                #7267
                Re: TWG CLXXIX: The Third FE Mystery Game Game Thread

                actually yeah i think if wolves have a second killing power this is technically mylo
                ,,
                 ,_, -ー'"{
                 ゛ヌ ノノノノハヾ
                 ノ li.゚ ヮ゚ノi
                彡と} 猫.{つ

                Comment

                • Daikyi
                  FFR Player
                  • Dec 2013
                  • 10

                  #7268
                  Re: TWG CLXXIX: The Third FE Mystery Game Game Thread

                  wary of prec final analysis post coming down to ultra WIFOM because of cornered wolf status, a lot of that can be bait

                  Comment

                  • Charu
                    Snivy! Dohoho!
                    FFR Simfile Author
                    • Mar 2006
                    • 6207

                    #7269
                    Re: TWG CLXXIX: The Third FE Mystery Game Game Thread

                    Originally posted by roundbox
                    If you lynch me you straight up lose the game celery

                    Notice how I didn't tell this to Charu since it would be a win from his point of view
                    I have no idea what you're going on about right now.


                    Originally posted by JohnRedWolf87
                    Charu the red-nosed Snivy
                    Had a very shiny nose
                    And if you ever saw it
                    You could even say it glows

                    All of the other Snivies
                    Used to laugh and call him names
                    They never let poor Charu
                    Join in any Snivy games

                    (Click the arrow to see the rest)


                    Originally posted by Vendetta21
                    All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.

                    Comment

                    • FreezinIce
                      FFR Player
                      • May 2005
                      • 265

                      #7270
                      Re: TWG CLXXIX: The Third FE Mystery Game Game Thread

                      Originally posted by Precarious
                      :*(

                      But seriously, I'm regretting wasting time on my own mega-post. I kind of want to lynch Jessie, since I think it clarifies Charu (and potentially the rest of the Manti wagon).
                      Quote
                      ========

                      To let the world be.

                      ========

                      Originally posted by Charu
                      Wow, all most of my town reads vanished. Thanks Freez for stirring the pot, motherfucker!!!


                      Originally posted by mellon_collie
                      AHHHHHHHHH SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET
                      Originally posted by roundbox
                      AHHHHHHHHH SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET


                      Originally posted by Afrobean
                      Lynch all liars is good meta. Period.
                      Originally posted by Red
                      My guess at this point is that there aren't actually any wolves, and all the humans are just going to kill each other until only a few are left. Then the remaining survivors will realize they are the real monsters.
                      Originally posted by TWG Ike
                      SCUM THEATER AA SCUM CHARU WOLF ALIEN ROUNDBOX IS TOWN AND FRAMED

                      Comment

                      • blindreper1179
                        Vice President Of TGB
                        • Jun 2006
                        • 5902

                        #7271
                        Re: TWG CLXXIX: The Third FE Mystery Game Game Thread

                        Originally posted by FreezinIce
                        Did u check prec post history


                        He used his roleblock on me after I faked I was going to guard fg.

                        If u think that was staged or something I have a bridge to sell u
                        Can you quote it?
                        Originally posted by thesunfan
                        absolutely I want to vomit on your face irl
                        Originally posted by choof
                        It was like trying to throw logic at a fuckin brick wall lmao
                        Originally posted by choof
                        whats more dense, a black hole or an icyworld file
                        Originally posted by Celirra
                        I've never been so disappointed by a man from Alabama than I am right now

                        Comment

                        • blindreper1179
                          Vice President Of TGB
                          • Jun 2006
                          • 5902

                          #7272
                          Re: TWG CLXXIX: The Third FE Mystery Game Game Thread

                          thanks
                          Originally posted by thesunfan
                          absolutely I want to vomit on your face irl
                          Originally posted by choof
                          It was like trying to throw logic at a fuckin brick wall lmao
                          Originally posted by choof
                          whats more dense, a black hole or an icyworld file
                          Originally posted by Celirra
                          I've never been so disappointed by a man from Alabama than I am right now

                          Comment

                          • Celirra
                            FFR Player
                            • Apr 2015
                            • 749

                            #7273
                            Re: TWG CLXXIX: The Third FE Mystery Game Game Thread

                            i think xiz looked the worst at eod
                            ,,
                             ,_, -ー'"{
                             ゛ヌ ノノノノハヾ
                             ノ li.゚ ヮ゚ノi
                            彡と} 猫.{つ

                            Comment

                            • FreezinIce
                              FFR Player
                              • May 2005
                              • 265

                              #7274
                              Re: TWG CLXXIX: The Third FE Mystery Game Game Thread

                              Oh reading it again it was earlier than my fg bluff.

                              Now I feel less good about that play
                              ========

                              To let the world be.

                              ========

                              Originally posted by Charu
                              Wow, all most of my town reads vanished. Thanks Freez for stirring the pot, motherfucker!!!


                              Originally posted by mellon_collie
                              AHHHHHHHHH SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET
                              Originally posted by roundbox
                              AHHHHHHHHH SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET


                              Originally posted by Afrobean
                              Lynch all liars is good meta. Period.
                              Originally posted by Red
                              My guess at this point is that there aren't actually any wolves, and all the humans are just going to kill each other until only a few are left. Then the remaining survivors will realize they are the real monsters.
                              Originally posted by TWG Ike
                              SCUM THEATER AA SCUM CHARU WOLF ALIEN ROUNDBOX IS TOWN AND FRAMED

                              Comment

                              • Daikyi
                                FFR Player
                                • Dec 2013
                                • 10

                                #7275
                                Re: TWG CLXXIX: The Third FE Mystery Game Game Thread

                                :*( may be used to later roleblock the player that Neimi is quoting. Neimi must be alive for this action to be performed.
                                was that d1 or d2

                                either way, that's actually pretty lock town

                                Comment

                                Working...