TWG CLXXIX: The Third FE Mystery Game Game Thread

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • blindreper1179
    Vice President Of TGB
    • Jun 2006
    • 5902

    #7186
    Re: TWG CLXXIX: The Third FE Mystery Game Game Thread

    is end of day in half an hour?
    Originally posted by thesunfan
    absolutely I want to vomit on your face irl
    Originally posted by choof
    It was like trying to throw logic at a fuckin brick wall lmao
    Originally posted by choof
    whats more dense, a black hole or an icyworld file
    Originally posted by Celirra
    I've never been so disappointed by a man from Alabama than I am right now

    Comment

    • roundbox
      fhqwhgads
      • Feb 2005
      • 2086

      #7187
      Re: TWG CLXXIX: The Third FE Mystery Game Game Thread

      tough crowd
      Originally posted by the sun fan
      I'd be too tiny to be a bouncer



      Comment

      • TWGma
        FFR Player
        • May 2017
        • 3

        #7188
        Re: TWG CLXXIX: The Third FE Mystery Game Game Thread

        Originally posted by blindreper1179
        is end of day in half an hour?
        Yes.
        Originally posted by Charu
        Originally posted by ShadoWolfe
        Why are you fucking pockets again?
        Originally posted by Celirra
        i like tforce more than you

        Comment

        • FreezinIce
          FFR Player
          • May 2005
          • 265

          #7189
          Re: TWG CLXXIX: The Third FE Mystery Game Game Thread

          Originally posted by Xiz
          i never knew you were jade, huh
          Secrets out

          Hopefully you forget by the next time I use that account for a twg.
          ========

          To let the world be.

          ========

          Originally posted by Charu
          Wow, all most of my town reads vanished. Thanks Freez for stirring the pot, motherfucker!!!


          Originally posted by mellon_collie
          AHHHHHHHHH SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET
          Originally posted by roundbox
          AHHHHHHHHH SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET


          Originally posted by Afrobean
          Lynch all liars is good meta. Period.
          Originally posted by Red
          My guess at this point is that there aren't actually any wolves, and all the humans are just going to kill each other until only a few are left. Then the remaining survivors will realize they are the real monsters.
          Originally posted by TWG Ike
          SCUM THEATER AA SCUM CHARU WOLF ALIEN ROUNDBOX IS TOWN AND FRAMED

          Comment

          • Charu
            Snivy! Dohoho!
            FFR Simfile Author
            • Mar 2006
            • 6207

            #7190
            Re: TWG CLXXIX: The Third FE Mystery Game Game Thread

            Hi, I'm present, barely.


            Originally posted by JohnRedWolf87
            Charu the red-nosed Snivy
            Had a very shiny nose
            And if you ever saw it
            You could even say it glows

            All of the other Snivies
            Used to laugh and call him names
            They never let poor Charu
            Join in any Snivy games

            (Click the arrow to see the rest)


            Originally posted by Vendetta21
            All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.

            Comment

            • Charu
              Snivy! Dohoho!
              FFR Simfile Author
              • Mar 2006
              • 6207

              #7191
              Re: TWG CLXXIX: The Third FE Mystery Game Game Thread

              Honestly, if Precarious is town, disappointed they didn't go ham right about now with these possibilities being tossed around.

              Then again, I suppose if they were wolf, it's pretty much in wolves best interest to keep quiet.


              Originally posted by JohnRedWolf87
              Charu the red-nosed Snivy
              Had a very shiny nose
              And if you ever saw it
              You could even say it glows

              All of the other Snivies
              Used to laugh and call him names
              They never let poor Charu
              Join in any Snivy games

              (Click the arrow to see the rest)


              Originally posted by Vendetta21
              All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.

              Comment

              • blindreper1179
                Vice President Of TGB
                • Jun 2006
                • 5902

                #7192
                Re: TWG CLXXIX: The Third FE Mystery Game Game Thread

                I want to vote pre, but I won't insta this time. So we'll play out the 15 minutes.
                Originally posted by thesunfan
                absolutely I want to vomit on your face irl
                Originally posted by choof
                It was like trying to throw logic at a fuckin brick wall lmao
                Originally posted by choof
                whats more dense, a black hole or an icyworld file
                Originally posted by Celirra
                I've never been so disappointed by a man from Alabama than I am right now

                Comment

                • roundbox
                  fhqwhgads
                  • Feb 2005
                  • 2086

                  #7193
                  Re: TWG CLXXIX: The Third FE Mystery Game Game Thread

                  Originally posted by Precarious
                  Would vote for Roundbox or Manticore out of the people I've ISOed.
                  does she only speak to kids?


                  you butter believe it


                  just posting this nice quote in the event prec flips wolf and you all want to scumread me right after
                  d0 footage of a hot bus if we're both wolves here (but I'm not so this equation doesn't work)

                  Originally posted by Charu
                  Roundbox (Might regret now)
                  Funnygurl (Not gonna lie, she was not there until that post, dead serious)
                  Haku (Defeatist)
                  d0 really is interesting, hmmm

                  Originally posted by DaBackpack
                  xiz is separate from mml and freezin

                  my reason for sussing xiz is something I don't want to say explicitly but... yeah
                  what did he mean by this

                  Originally posted by Xiz
                  I kinda like the vote actually.
                  referencing sprucegrit's almost out of place vote on Freezin
                  HmmMMMm

                  I think sprucegrit's vote here cements them as town, I think this is the start of the wagon wolves were hoping for but it never caught too much traction

                  Originally posted by Xiz
                  I don't agree with it but I like it.
                  well, I guess there's this

                  ---
                  still readin'
                  Originally posted by the sun fan
                  I'd be too tiny to be a bouncer



                  Comment

                  • roundbox
                    fhqwhgads
                    • Feb 2005
                    • 2086

                    #7194
                    Re: TWG CLXXIX: The Third FE Mystery Game Game Thread

                    Originally posted by LightManticorex2
                    General thoughts on the current gamestate:

                    1) roundbox - playing like I am so probably overwhelmed town
                    2) T-Force (TWGma) - I remember nothing from this slot
                    3) blindreper1179 - Town
                    4) flashflash account - Jumped on/agreed with my Lar read without voting scummy
                    5) Xiz - I remember nothing from this slot
                    6) ShadoWolfe - I remember nothing from this slot
                    7) DarkManticoreX2 (LightManticoreX2)
                    8) Hakulyte - Weird defeatist mentality that doesn't seem usual of town Haku
                    9) Funnygurl555 - Saw a bunch of posts, nothing seemed that interesting - null
                    10) mellonxcollie (mellon_collie) - Mellon attacking roundbox early in the game for activity seems very weird to me. I don't think scum mellon pushes roundbox though, I think she avoids him instead of calling out his activity trying to get him into the game - town
                    11) Zoshi FreezinIce - claimed
                    12) mtamburini - I remember nothing from this slot
                    13) MixMasterLar - claimed
                    14) Precarious - I remember nothing from this slot
                    15) sprucegrit - Got a bunch of info early about a shop feels third partyish even though I know there is no third party
                    16) Xelicopter (alt of XelNya) - I remember nothing from this slot
                    17) Tokzic - There was a lot of scumreading on tokzic early on in the thread and I don't recall him coming back to fix it.
                    18) DaBackPack Innocent Child
                    19) jessiebessie (TWG The Queen) - I remember nothing from this slot
                    20) who_cares973 - I remember nothing from this slot
                    21) Adam33 _Zenith_ - I liked this slot with adam tbh. felt clean. town
                    22) Celirra - I remember nothing from this slot
                    23) Charu - Wolf charu would be pushing me more I believe - town
                    24) Yoshl (Daikyi) - Seems like a low activity game for yosh maybe scum
                    1) was he pocketing or wolfreading me here? not sure. I think he's wolfreading me here, lol, since he used the phrase "playing like I am" and this would subtly hint from a lost wolf if their potential wolf buddy gets their signal
                    kinda neat to see

                    he seems to make lots of townreads here, not so much wolfreads. the rest of his reads are null.
                    Originally posted by the sun fan
                    I'd be too tiny to be a bouncer



                    Comment

                    • Daikyi
                      FFR Player
                      • Dec 2013
                      • 10

                      #7195
                      Re: TWG CLXXIX: The Third FE Mystery Game Game Thread

                      still intention to vote, will do at :55 tbh

                      Comment

                      • roundbox
                        fhqwhgads
                        • Feb 2005
                        • 2086

                        #7196
                        Re: TWG CLXXIX: The Third FE Mystery Game Game Thread

                        lame-os and your instas
                        Originally posted by the sun fan
                        I'd be too tiny to be a bouncer



                        Comment

                        • Precarious
                          Unacceptable
                          • Mar 2014
                          • 208

                          #7197
                          Re: TWG CLXXIX: The Third FE Mystery Game Game Thread

                          1. Give up hope.
                          2. Freezin implicates himself.
                          3. Still going to be lynched.

                          This rollercoaster of emotions. I look forward to discussing this with you guys at length in the post game. In the meantime, let me leave you with this:

                          The Last Will and Testament of Precarious

                          To Freezin, I bequeath one vote--except it's already on you.

                          To the Town, I bequeath the following:

                          Originally posted by the sun fan
                          votecount:
                          ffa (3)- blind, Manti, fg
                          Tokzic (1)- Zenith
                          freezin (2)- Lar, grit
                          tambo (1)- mellon
                          who_cares (3)- TWGma, Celirra, Shado
                          fg (4)- Freezin, Haku, DBP, ffa
                          jessie (1)- roundbox
                          Manti (5)- Prec, Charu, Xiz, Daikyi, jessie
                          unvote- who_cares
                          Originally posted by the sun fan
                          votecount:
                          ffa (2)- fg, Charu
                          roundbox (2)- TWGma, blind
                          Daikyi (1)- Xel
                          Tokzic (6)- Shado, Celirra, Lar, grit, Xiz, roundbox
                          jessie (3)- ffa, Freezin, precarious
                          unvote- jessie, Zenith, Daikyi
                          Originally posted by the sun fan
                          votecount:
                          ffa (9)- Xiz, Freezin, Precarious, TWGma, roundbox, Charu, grit, blind, Xel
                          Precarious (3)- ffa, Celirra, jessie
                          TWGma (1)- fg
                          unvote- Shado
                          Please refer to my D0 EOD analysis in 4868

                          D0 EOD was characterized by a lot of late vote-swapping. This isn't unusual, but the intensity and specificity of it was. As noted, the original wagons were ultimately eclipsed by Manti and FG--the Manti wagon in particular filled quickly. It's worth noting that Jessie voted at the very last moment, thus sparing FG. I initially interpreted this as an indicator that Funny's and Jessie were a potential scum pair, but I abandoned that much later--after Funny's big reveal. I believe this was a mistake--thanks to their friendship and the EOD result I overassociated the two of them, which caused me to overlook the obvious once Funny cleared. And that's that the Jessie/Charu wolf link has never been comfortably disproved. Instead, I notice they've since limited their direct interaction since my original case (see 5018), presumably distancing.

                          ***

                          Now, the Funny wagon has, by definition, one wolf. That's Freezin. All other players in that group are since flipped. That makes sense, since ideally wolves would want to avoid action, hiding their votes in a safe non-lynched space when the lynchee proved to not be one of them.

                          All other currently alive wolves must therefore have their votes spread elsewhere. I suspect Charu and Jessie on the Manti wagon; I also have some concerns about Daikyi, whose vote pattern is troubling. He was a late push on Manti, was unvoted the next day, and avoided the entire showdown between me and FFA (ultimately resulting in the insta) the next day. His play has been overly cautious and cynically reflective, picking on minutiae that never goes anywhere in order to create stasis. I have a hard time believing there'd be so many wolves on the same wagon, but Daikyi reads wolf if Charu/Jessie is wrong.

                          Xiz by contrast looks the best of the Manti voters. His Tokzic vote looks very good in retrospect. I read his confusion in various places as genuine. According to his posts, he had various IRL commitments that affected his time, and his confusion over the Funny Speculator triad seems genuine. In light of that, his willingness to go against the grain there feels like the work of someone trying to solve something without full understanding. He has a fairly high post volume with a fair amount of filler, but overall he seems genuinely inquisitive.

                          Zenith and Sprucegrit are probably town. Despite his excessive tunneling on me, Zenith's aggression has always felt genuine, coming from a place of conviction. His ability to make up for the, um, actions of his predecessor speak to a high degree of commitment--that's sort of NAI, but the sheer analytical effort feels out of place for scum in a game of this much activity. More to the point, his D0 vote looks good in retrospect. After that is less clear, but his distaste for me is consistent with not participating in the insta.

                          Sprucegrit also benefits from the same D0 logic, having placed a vote (along with MML) on Freezin. As above,these were not threatening wagons in the long run, but the EOD circumstances changed rapidly. Tokzic was initially taking heat due to a combination of inactivity and irrelevant material in his brief appearances, and Freezin absorbed some heat after his and MML's claims clashed a bit. (We now know that MML was sort of right; Freezin has at least partially abandoned that particular pose). This was further buttressed by his next day's vote, where he correctly voted for Tokzic (this EOD is less interesting to me since it was largely premised on what turned out to be a slip by Tokzic, but the results are still somewhat meaningful imo). I'm not as sold as many on Spruce's actual play, probably because it's stylistically distinct from what I'm used to. There seems to be a lot of deference paid for relatively few aggressive reads, but I fall into the camp that sees his initial item post as towny.

                          Blind was on FFA (a temporarily promising wagon) on D0, Roundbox the next day, FFA again yesterday as part of the insta. Similar to his actual play, this is fairly null. However, his results are relatively internally consistent, given that he's come back to Round again. I don't really care for his game. It's been aggressive in places, but conveniently so; he also had that really scummy "why am I alive" post at 6583 that felt like a guilty twitch. That said, his style feels somewhat similar to Freezin's to me, and I'm not sure wolves would be comfortable adopting that tone with multiple players. Null.

                          TWGma and Celirra both voted WC on D1, then diverged--but frankly, I have trouble seeing either as a wolf. TWGma's FE knowledge and general bent, as well as focused activity reads firmly town. His Roundbox vote is generally reasonable. Celirra's play has been more sporadic imo, but has a solid claim, and a Tokzic vote (as well as the conviction to defy the insta, even if their assumption was still wrong).

                          Roundbox's play has improved from his start, but still comes across as forced. His reluctance to commit to shooting in the ITA speaks to this; his play is all over the place, occasionally teasing substance, but never actually providing it. His Tokzic vote does look good in retrospect, but a pile on is hardly a rare idea. Wolf lean.

                          Xel barely exists. I don't have the meta knowledge some of you do. Null.

                          Comment

                          • Charu
                            Snivy! Dohoho!
                            FFR Simfile Author
                            • Mar 2006
                            • 6207

                            #7198
                            Re: TWG CLXXIX: The Third FE Mystery Game Game Thread

                            Wish you could've talked sooner, y'know...


                            Originally posted by JohnRedWolf87
                            Charu the red-nosed Snivy
                            Had a very shiny nose
                            And if you ever saw it
                            You could even say it glows

                            All of the other Snivies
                            Used to laugh and call him names
                            They never let poor Charu
                            Join in any Snivy games

                            (Click the arrow to see the rest)


                            Originally posted by Vendetta21
                            All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.

                            Comment

                            • Charu
                              Snivy! Dohoho!
                              FFR Simfile Author
                              • Mar 2006
                              • 6207

                              #7199
                              Re: TWG CLXXIX: The Third FE Mystery Game Game Thread

                              For what it's worth, I've got some scenarios in my head where you're town.


                              Originally posted by JohnRedWolf87
                              Charu the red-nosed Snivy
                              Had a very shiny nose
                              And if you ever saw it
                              You could even say it glows

                              All of the other Snivies
                              Used to laugh and call him names
                              They never let poor Charu
                              Join in any Snivy games

                              (Click the arrow to see the rest)


                              Originally posted by Vendetta21
                              All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.

                              Comment

                              • roundbox
                                fhqwhgads
                                • Feb 2005
                                • 2086

                                #7200
                                Re: TWG CLXXIX: The Third FE Mystery Game Game Thread

                                I like precarious's post, but the wolfreads seem weird to me
                                Originally posted by the sun fan
                                I'd be too tiny to be a bouncer



                                Comment

                                Working...