TWG CXXX: Hi-Roller's C9++ GAME THREAD

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Tokzic
    FFR Player
    • May 2005
    • 6878

    #706
    Re: TWG 130: Hi-Roller's C9++ GAME THREAD

    Okay, I just played a bunch of DotA and it cleared the brainfog. Thread looks a lot more sensical now.

    I spent way too much of today second-guessing myself and trying to bring the entire picture into focus at once. This is clearly an overwhelming and unrealistic thing to attempt doing in a 15 player game on D0. So instead of trying to solve the game in the first phase, I'm just going to slam some keys and not worry too much about coherence or completion.

    Under scrutiny, Zenith stays my absolute top candidate. Here at 441, he tears into Blind for joking about having a gun. That's not the eyebrow-raising part though - what's odd is that he EXPLICITLY STATES that there are 4 wolves in the game. I didn't read the setup that hard but I don't remember seeing any blue roles that know how many wolves are in play...

    When Lurker points out that he didn't look at the setup (since there's no gunsmith), his immediate response is:

    50-50 chance at either being 3 or 4 wolves, I assume 4 so what's your problem?
    ...............

    Not only is that the second soft-slip now, but he got ultra-defensive about it before anyone even called him out on it.

    Then at 527 he asks for an insta on himself. This is hard to interpret, given that it's not a good move for anyone besides a Jester, but the wording of this post sounds like he's aware of how dire his oopses are getting, and he's requesting insta to avoid muddying up his teammates. The fact that he just drops it after nobody gives him shit for it and resumes playing normally would suggest this also.

    Vote stands.

    Last edited by Tokzic: Today at 11:59 PM. Reason: wait what

    Comment

    • choof
      Banned
      FFR Simfile Author
      • Nov 2013
      • 8563

      #707
      Re: TWG 130: Hi-Roller's C9++ GAME THREAD

      color flips are on
      are there any roles that flip a different color (ie red role that flips green)

      Comment

      • Tokzic
        FFR Player
        • May 2005
        • 6878

        #708
        Re: TWG 130: Hi-Roller's C9++ GAME THREAD

        So Riotpolice. It makes sense that the two could be wolf partners. In Riotpolice's reads list, he gives Zenith the second towniest score on his list... but doesn't explain one bit what brings him to this conclusion.

        Originally posted by Riotpolice
        _Zenith_ 6 I'm pitting you with the same number as YoshL. Bud, please don't mistake this game for Epic Mafia. I know we've played tons of hours on it, but please please PLEASE do not use the exact same tactics. That's a chatroom game, this is a forum. I sincerely hope you will improve your game. I don't mean to bash you either, just want to think of you as something we can hopefully get information from, that's all.
        There's no READ here, he just announces the score and then gives Zenith advice about forum TWG.

        That's especially weird when you look at how many of his other reads are just working off of that assumption:

        (re:blaster) So far though, haven't seen anything from you in terms of really trying to try and find wolves besides bashing Zenith.
        (re:funnygurl) The situation where you helping out Zenith by protecting him seemed towny enough.
        (re:yoshl) The interaction with Zenith is a certified town read, no wolf would bash their partner that hard in the beginning of the day.
        (re:james) But I'd like to see you directed somewhere else besides Zenith since it feels like he's an incredibly easy target for people to talk about and vote on.
        (re:lurker)Going that indepth with the amount of bashing you did to zenith, I once again doubt Zenith could be a partner with you.
        The advice makes a lot of sense for a wolf who just made multiple soft-slips, too... every mistake you make in forum TWG is set in stone, after all.

        Originally posted by _Zenith_
        8. Riotpolice - Null.
        I can totally see the possibility of Riot being a wolf but he was also shitposting for a bit and he also had his say on the Zenith situation. He is BS'ing about a reads list though, just like I did in the beginning up until this point. I'm keeping my eye on him.
        Zenith's null read on Riotpolice is also consistent with them both being wolves. Since Riotpolice already read him human and reading each other human would be kind of obvious, null is the safest bet if they're both wolves. It's getting close to EOD and if he were to wolfread Riotpolice he'd be voting for him right now... yet he's still not doing that.

        Wolf/wolf Zenith RP universe makes a lot of sense. I am cool with lynching from either of the top two wagons.

        Last edited by Tokzic: Today at 11:59 PM. Reason: wait what

        Comment

        • Tokzic
          FFR Player
          • May 2005
          • 6878

          #709
          Re: TWG 130: Hi-Roller's C9++ GAME THREAD

          ok i actually have even more things to talk about but until then

          Zenith, why did you assume that there are 4 wolves in the setup?

          Riotpolice, I'd like to hear you flesh out your read on Zenith more. Why is he such a town lean for you?

          Originally posted by choof
          color flips are on
          are there any roles that flip a different color (ie red role that flips green)
          I'm assuming no, cardflip guide in the wiki says "all wolves" flip red.

          Last edited by Tokzic: Today at 11:59 PM. Reason: wait what

          Comment

          • choof
            Banned
            FFR Simfile Author
            • Nov 2013
            • 8563

            #710
            Re: TWG 130: Hi-Roller's C9++ GAME THREAD

            the answer to that is no
            well the inventor flips green but is a blue role so it doesn't count

            I really want to agree with tokzic because he's a p. strong player and zenith does seem like the kinda player who wouldn't play wolf very well. but on the other hand, I'm getting a really strong green vibe from zenith almost solely due to his volatile emotions

            gonna keep fos on riotpolice but as of now I think our best lynch is zenith
            I'm usually against policy lynches but this is a really good example of where a policy lynch is a good idea

            Comment

            • choof
              Banned
              FFR Simfile Author
              • Nov 2013
              • 8563

              #711
              Re: TWG 130: Hi-Roller's C9++ GAME THREAD

              wow ninja'd wat

              Comment

              • choof
                Banned
                FFR Simfile Author
                • Nov 2013
                • 8563

                #712
                Re: TWG 130: Hi-Roller's C9++ GAME THREAD

                i think we can guess what zenith and riotpolice will give for answers to those respective questions lol

                Comment

                • choof
                  Banned
                  FFR Simfile Author
                  • Nov 2013
                  • 8563

                  #713
                  Re: TWG 130: Hi-Roller's C9++ GAME THREAD

                  i'm going to bed may the force b wit u

                  Comment

                  • blindreper1179
                    Vice President Of TGB
                    • Jun 2006
                    • 5902

                    #714
                    Re: TWG 130: Hi-Roller's C9++ GAME THREAD

                    I was hoping for mega man post from Tokzic, I like that it was received. You make a lot of sense, and I hate to be that guy, but I agree. And choof, I don't know if zenith is necessarily a policy lynch, but he's a good lynch whether he flips green or red because almost everyone has interactions with him.
                    Originally posted by thesunfan
                    absolutely I want to vomit on your face irl
                    Originally posted by choof
                    It was like trying to throw logic at a fuckin brick wall lmao
                    Originally posted by choof
                    whats more dense, a black hole or an icyworld file
                    Originally posted by Celirra
                    I've never been so disappointed by a man from Alabama than I am right now

                    Comment

                    • Cold Kitten
                      i love (purple things)
                      • May 2009
                      • 1341

                      #715
                      Re: TWG 130: Hi-Roller's C9++ GAME THREAD

                      Will be off to work soon. Again if an insta happens while I'm at work, the flip won't happen until I get back.

                      VOTE COUNT
                      _Zenith_ (4) - lurker, blindreper1179, Tokzic, choof
                      Riotpolice (2) - funnygurl555, YoshL
                      YoshL (1) - _Zenith_
                      Red Blaster (1) - psychoangel691
                      psychoangel691 (1) - j-rodd123
                      James May (1) - XelNya
                      lurker (1) - toxophilis
                      Funnygurl555 (1) - DarkManticoreX2

                      Unvote
                      Riotpolice, James May, Red Blaster


                      It takes 8 votes for an Insta-Lynch.


                      Originally posted by MinaciousGrace
                      it's like putting training wheels on gutterguards covered in styrofoam made of bubblewrap with a velcro fanny pack inside a condom

                      Comment

                      • Riotpolice
                        "Reach For The Stars"
                        • Nov 2010
                        • 1921

                        #716
                        Re: TWG 130: Hi-Roller's C9++ GAME THREAD

                        shit I'm late for work and I won't be around EoD since I have guests coming over. I'm not sorry if this vote comes across as scummy. dont have enough time to care about reads

                        zenith
                        Originally posted by hi19hi19
                        Also why is "summon" in quotation marks as usually that signifies an alternate meaning like for example last night I "visited" your mother but it really means last night I "fucked her in the ass" so exactly what is the subtext of "summon" because I am not sure I am comfortable with the implications

                        Originally posted by m0de
                        im usually the "nice guy" around these parts.. but this is bad, and you should feel bad. i would rather dip my balls in honey and hover them over a red ant hill than to ever hear such butchered crap.

                        Comment

                        • _Zenith_
                          Accuracy Player
                          • Mar 2011
                          • 4629

                          #717
                          Re: TWG 130: Hi-Roller's C9++ GAME THREAD

                          Okay so serious post time, glad toxzic started posting. In my wolf game I was CONSTANTLY posting without concern of other players. I did considerate friendlier environment and players but still, I posted a shit ton in that game. Now my posting is honestly sporadic at best, which doesn't do a wolf good.

                          My current FOS is still on Blind/YoshL for being a wolf pair, but there is a wolf voting me off, that's a fact. It only makes sense because I'm FOS'ing Blind as a hugely potential wolf and he hasn't moved his vote on me since.

                          I also don't feel like pleading for my life like I've done in past games because I'm town but other players look at that as somewhat scummy and it really doesn't help anyone, including myself for me to be begging all of you to reconsider the vote. I do employ that you should re-read the thread to decide a better vote (for those against me) but this is me not pleading.

                          Still awaiting Choof's post on my reads, and I'm almost positive I can say that choof and I are a T/T pair right fucking now lmao





                          Comment

                          • _Zenith_
                            Accuracy Player
                            • Mar 2011
                            • 4629

                            #718
                            Re: TWG 130: Hi-Roller's C9++ GAME THREAD

                            Oh that's super scummy.

                            Choof when I die tunnel that wolf Riot into a corner and make him beg for the ability to get modkilled from this game so he doesn't have to take an ass beating like I did





                            Comment

                            • _Zenith_
                              Accuracy Player
                              • Mar 2011
                              • 4629

                              #719
                              Re: TWG 130: Hi-Roller's C9++ GAME THREAD

                              Voting me at this point with no evidence post, ESPECIALLY SINCE RIOT CLEARED ME AS A TR TO HIM, is all grounds for him being scum.

                              Riotpolice

                              Town I can safely say besides blind vote, this is my best scum read

                              I might've read Riot as town until now, but definitely not anymore.





                              Comment

                              • XelNya
                                [Kaho]
                                FFR Simfile Author
                                • Sep 2012
                                • 3369

                                #720
                                Re: TWG 130: Hi-Roller's C9++ GAME THREAD

                                Originally posted by _Zenith_
                                Voting me at this point with no evidence post, ESPECIALLY SINCE RIOT CLEARED ME AS A TR TO HIM, is all grounds for him being scum.

                                Riotpolice

                                Town I can safely say besides blind vote, this is my best scum read

                                I might've read Riot as town until now, but definitely not anymore.

                                Comment

                                Working...