TWG Turbo XXV: Enemy Zero - Postgame

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • inDheart
    Picker @ JAX2
    FFR Simfile Author
    • Aug 2011
    • 505

    #76
    Re: TWG Turbo XXV: Enemy Zero - Postgame

    setup thoughts:
    asceticizer was in the game as an anti-role-cop, but isn't really able to get clear on actions in this game. it's maybe a role that's better in bigger games, and as sunfan pointed out to me when he used it in FE, it's typically wolf aligned. i'm just thinking of other possible worlds that go differently than this game did and i think asc still has value as a second available claim, but that would be true of any second role.

    i don't think wolves did too-too much PR hunting, but having role copped sunfan and noticing the dynamic between sunfan and xiz led them to think xiz could be asc. in that way i think the role cop paid off for them even though they hit all vanillas, and it felt like a nice substitute include rather than "lol, wolves need a power, give em a blocker"

    there was no daychat, OR assigned kills, guys, smh, but me posting to correct those kinds of errors is too much outside influence imo
    (actually i didn't say anything about assigned kills, but they don't matter to the mechanics of this game)

    Comment

    • Gradiant
      FFR's Resident Trashpanda
      FFR Simfile Author
      • Sep 2012
      • 1100

      #77
      Re: TWG Turbo XXV: Enemy Zero - Postgame

      Originally posted by flashflash account
      And then you tell me I'm gonna keep getting lynched unless I stop being myself
      That shouldn't have been the only thing you got out of sunfan's post.

      Comment

      • MixMasterLar
        Beach Bum Extraordinaire
        FFR Simfile Author
        • Aug 2006
        • 5401

        #78
        Re: TWG Turbo XXV: Enemy Zero - Postgame

        SunFan you did much better then you're giving yourself credit for. Yeah, shoulda killed Cel when he voted but hey man you where getting fatigued at that point and talking it out with both wolves and only both wolves. The remaining town really, truly let you down on that one.


        Originally posted by the sun fan
        Lar said he was sorry for telling me to replace out so
        I think I can be cool with what happened as long as he didn't intentionally slowroll
        I am absolutely sorry I said replaced out. I did not realize that would hurt as much as it did and my apologize was not just wolflar saying shit.

        I did not hammer because even when you revoted I thought it a trick and figured Cel would not try a second time. After like an hour of refreshing and see your name down there watching the thread I basically decided the safest way was to let it all play out and pray DBP wouldn't make a great case against me.

        So like, I'll admit I made the choice to do it slow but it was not done with the intention of gloating or bragging. FMPOV there where enough mistakes on my part throughout the game that if me or Cel fell that you guys would get us the next phase. Again, you say you played badly but I don't think you did.

        I legit feel bad for town that Blind played the way he played though. I am with Raeko that can be tolerated long term.
        ​

        Comment

        • the sun fan
          FFR Player
          • Mar 2017
          • 658

          #79
          Re: TWG Turbo XXV: Enemy Zero - Postgame

          Originally posted by flashflash account
          And then you tell me I'm gonna keep getting lynched unless I stop being myself
          oh jeez that should be worded differently
          sorry

          what I mean is I think you need to change your meta
          that uh
          was nowhere near what I meant for it to sound like
          TWG Stats: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

          FFR is a pretty good place somehow.

          Comment

          • the sun fan
            FFR Player
            • Mar 2017
            • 658

            #80
            Re: TWG Turbo XXV: Enemy Zero - Postgame

            Originally posted by Gradiant
            That shouldn't have been the only thing you got out of sunfan's post.
            it uh
            is understandable if it upset him
            TWG Stats: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

            FFR is a pretty good place somehow.

            Comment

            • the sun fan
              FFR Player
              • Mar 2017
              • 658

              #81
              Re: TWG Turbo XXV: Enemy Zero - Postgame

              I get the idea there lar but like... its not usually a trick
              you're just going to win 99% of the time by putting his name in the voting tags because I can't react to it
              you made tons of posts there and I mean yeah there's always the risk of me trying to trap but after like... 10 minutes of me not unvoting I think its pretty reasonable to assume I'm not moving
              TWG Stats: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

              FFR is a pretty good place somehow.

              Comment

              • the sun fan
                FFR Player
                • Mar 2017
                • 658

                #82
                Re: TWG Turbo XXV: Enemy Zero - Postgame

                the thing I think I can take from this game and be happy about (other than the roundbox meme being a thing) is that if Xiz and I don't do what we did, I think town wins.

                We both have lynch orders of cel/lar/dbp in different order and I think we were mostly coming together before then.
                TWG Stats: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

                FFR is a pretty good place somehow.

                Comment

                • MixMasterLar
                  Beach Bum Extraordinaire
                  FFR Simfile Author
                  • Aug 2006
                  • 5401

                  #83
                  Re: TWG Turbo XXV: Enemy Zero - Postgame

                  Originally posted by the sun fan
                  I get the idea there lar but like... its not usually a trick
                  you're just going to win 99% of the time by putting his name in the voting tags because I can't react to it
                  you made tons of posts there and I mean yeah there's always the risk of me trying to trap but after like... 10 minutes of me not unvoting I think its pretty reasonable to assume I'm not moving
                  Shrugs
                  Hindsight's 20/20. I was getting paranoid and didn't want to risk it.
                  I had no idea you guys where going to take it as this giant middle finger anyway. I'm not trying to be dense here but if the safest way to win is to take it to the end of a phase that we already knew we where playing to then IDK what to tell you.

                  I get that if I did this just to throw it back in your face post game that it would be a dick move but that's not what happened.
                  ​

                  Comment

                  • blindreper1179
                    Vice President Of TGB
                    • Jun 2006
                    • 5902

                    #84
                    Re: TWG Turbo XXV: Enemy Zero - Postgame

                    Props lar, first time you honestly fooled me.
                    Originally posted by thesunfan
                    absolutely I want to vomit on your face irl
                    Originally posted by choof
                    It was like trying to throw logic at a fuckin brick wall lmao
                    Originally posted by choof
                    whats more dense, a black hole or an icyworld file
                    Originally posted by Celirra
                    I've never been so disappointed by a man from Alabama than I am right now

                    Comment

                    • inDheart
                      Picker @ JAX2
                      FFR Simfile Author
                      • Aug 2011
                      • 505

                      #85
                      Re: TWG Turbo XXV: Enemy Zero - Postgame

                      honestly i would just preview post then send right away if i don't see anything in the preview

                      snap that vote right off

                      Comment

                      • j-rodd123
                        End of the road
                        • Oct 2006
                        • 3692

                        #86
                        Re: TWG Turbo XXV: Enemy Zero - Postgame

                        votes being locked in at must lynch would prevent something like that, just sayin

                        Originally posted by FictionJunction
                        wow

                        Comment

                        • j-rodd123
                          End of the road
                          • Oct 2006
                          • 3692

                          #87
                          Re: TWG Turbo XXV: Enemy Zero - Postgame

                          assuming i know what happened, i didnt read the game at all but from post game i take it that lar couldve instad someone to win the game but didnt

                          Originally posted by FictionJunction
                          wow

                          Comment

                          • MixMasterLar
                            Beach Bum Extraordinaire
                            FFR Simfile Author
                            • Aug 2006
                            • 5401

                            #88
                            Re: TWG Turbo XXV: Enemy Zero - Postgame

                            SO UH

                            Yeah I kept thinking that after Cel was caught he unvoted and that didn't happened


                            I thought to try again me and Cel would have to sync votes once more and I knew SunFan wasn't going to let 2 of us do it

                            So all criticism at me being bad that last phase is actually legit I had no idea all I had to do was just vote you guys couldn't respond

                            I would have done that 100% vs waiting on Bind and DBP showing up and possibly undoing all my hard work
                            ​

                            Comment

                            • the sun fan
                              FFR Player
                              • Mar 2017
                              • 658

                              #89
                              Re: TWG Turbo XXV: Enemy Zero - Postgame

                              Originally posted by inDheart
                              honestly i would just preview post then send right away if i don't see anything in the preview

                              snap that vote right off
                              you can even construct a post along the lines of "hey here's why I think blind is scummy

                              reason a
                              reason b
                              reason c
                              [vote for blindreper]"

                              so that even if someone sneaks in an unvote before you post that insta-triggering vote, it doesn't look like you were trying to end the game but

                              that seems pretty unnecessary
                              Last edited by the sun fan; 08-11-2018, 01:11 PM.
                              TWG Stats: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

                              FFR is a pretty good place somehow.

                              Comment

                              • the sun fan
                                FFR Player
                                • Mar 2017
                                • 658

                                #90
                                Re: TWG Turbo XXV: Enemy Zero - Postgame

                                Originally posted by j-rodd123
                                assuming i know what happened, i didnt read the game at all but from post game i take it that lar couldve instad someone to win the game but didnt
                                yeah that's what happened

                                I mentioned it during the game, I think it might make sense in turbos, but in games like mystery games where the number of wolves might not be known to the town, it wouldn't make sense
                                TWG Stats: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

                                FFR is a pretty good place somehow.

                                Comment

                                Working...