TWG XXIV Host Signups! - Host Voting Tues - Signups Friday.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • talisman
    Resident Penguin
    FFR Simfile Author
    • May 2003
    • 4598

    #61
    she just said she didn't want to run anymore.

    Comment

    • flypie743
      FFR Player
      • Jun 2004
      • 3210

      #62
      Well, I didn't see that I was typing my response, walked away for a few minutes, came back, submitted it and then saw her post. :/

      IF YOU ARE THE BOMB YOU WILL CLICK THIS and if you dont, you suck.

      Comment

      • blahblah18
        FFR Player
        • Aug 2004
        • 1662

        #63
        wah wah Jurs is so immature and her A0 comments always make me crack up. Kilga, I almost ALWAYS take your side on this stuff, but I personally don't see the big deal here... we as a group have a goal of having fun, not of following teh rules. The rules are jstu an outlet to help us have fun. Having a person sign up for host late gfives us another option, that's all... if you disagree thoguh i'd love to actually discuss this with you man.
        but for now... postCount++

        Comment

        • zajac
          aka uAnimals
          FFR Music Producer
          • Aug 2003
          • 4050

          #64
          Well since Jurs is being a baby about it, and dropped out... I guess I'll redirect my vote towards Flypie :P
          Originally posted by Spec & Aperson
          We Rate You: Cool Motherfucer. 9/10

          Comment

          • Kilgamayan
            Super Scooter Happy
            FFR Simfile Author
            • Feb 2003
            • 6583

            #65
            Originally posted by blahblah18
            wah wah Jurs is so immature and her A0 comments always make me crack up. Kilga, I almost ALWAYS take your side on this stuff, but I personally don't see the big deal here... we as a group have a goal of having fun, not of following teh rules. The rules are jstu an outlet to help us have fun. Having a person sign up for host late gfives us another option, that's all... if you disagree thoguh i'd love to actually discuss this with you man.
            I don't think it's unreasonable to request that rules be observed/enforced.

            Apparently others think it is.

            That's the only issue I have. If someone can resolve it for me (without weaseling out with "oh well jurs doesn't want to host any more so the point is moot) then I'll have no problem with what happened in this topic.
            I watched clouds awobbly from the floor o' that kayak. Souls cross ages like clouds cross skies, an' tho' a cloud's shape nor hue nor size don't stay the same, it's still a cloud an' so is a soul. Who can say where the cloud's blowed from or who the soul'll be 'morrow? Only Sonmi the east an' the west an' the compass an' the atlas, yay, only the atlas o' clouds.

            Comment

            • talisman
              Resident Penguin
              FFR Simfile Author
              • May 2003
              • 4598

              #66
              well, technically I don't think there are any written rules set down that say your game has to be submitted by the time host voting starts.

              I think I speak for the majority when I say "this isn't a big deal... we don't need to make it one."

              Comment

              • Afrobean
                Admiral in the Red Army
                • Dec 2003
                • 13262

                #67
                Talisman is right. While I do agree that flypie should have had it in on time, I also agree that it doesn't really matter, especially since she managed to get more votes in being late anyway.

                So, when are sign ups? Friday?

                Comment

                • Tasselfoot
                  Retired BOSS
                  FFR Simfile Author
                  • Jul 2003
                  • 25185

                  #68
                  Signups are Friday, 5pm and 10pm.

                  I, as the person who started this thread and set the times for everything without consulting anyone else (and nobody has had a problem with that....) said that host voting would start Tuesday morning at midnight (aka, Monday night)... and requsted hosts have their signup info to me beforehand. It wasn't "YOU MUST HAVE IT IN TO ME BEFORE MIDNIGHT OR YOU TURN TO PUMPKIN AND CAN'T RUN." Jeez. Flypie had hers to me BEFORE NOON on the next day... hell, if anything, she's at a huge disadvantage, because in the same theoretical world, signups ended 24 hours later, Tuesday night at midnight. So basically, Flypie had about 13 hours to get votes while Jurs had 24. Flypie still took down more votes.

                  Jesus people... enough with the bickering and fighting over ever little trivial thing. This is why the past few games have turned out so shittily, in that you all are taking everything WAY TOO SERIOUSLY. Chill out, relax, smoke a bowl or something, and have some god damn fun. If you're going to be a hard assed pain for everyone else who is trying to have some fun, PLEASE DO NOT PLAY. I'd rather have everyone be inactive than have everyone bitching about trivial crap.
                  RIP

                  Comment

                  • nforcer06164
                    FFR Player
                    • Mar 2003
                    • 4772

                    #69
                    Y'know what? I was just thinking about how Tass used to be about TWG. I like the way Tass has been since our huge feud over the first tribal game.

                    I agree with him completely too. Please, if you don't want to play and be cooperative, don't sign up. We don't need any more drama. Most of you should know what I mean.

                    PROUD OWNER OF TWO OMEGA FAVORS. YEAH, NICE TRY.
                    Giant NES Controller (4 FEET) progress: PAINT IS DONE!
                    Download my Wii Music Suite v1.0, and PM me with your input!

                    Originally posted by Squeek
                    My mind says "GOGOGOG" and my hands go "wut no scru u ***"

                    Comment

                    • dAnceguy117
                      new hand moves = dab
                      FFR Simfile Author
                      • Dec 2002
                      • 10103

                      #70
                      I won't be playing in this one because of this bio project I have to do. I will be able to play in the next one, but..

                      PLEASE, people, try to cooperate. Right now, all we need is a well-run game. All of the games lately have either ended early or have just been wonky / one-sided with little activity. If you're going to sign up, PLAY THE GAME. I could play in this game and make 2-3 posts a day, but I would be doing jack shit for my team. If you're not interested in playing, or don't think you can maintain that interest for a couple of weeks, do us all a favor and don't even bother signing up.

                      Comment

                      • Tps222
                        FFR Player
                        • Nov 2004
                        • 6169

                        #71
                        I understand Jurs's frustration, one I have felt many times, not this case specifically though. Not much you can do about it, this game looks pretty Fly to me, so lets all just relax and try to enjoy this game instead of fighting in it.

                        Comment

                        • Kilgamayan
                          Super Scooter Happy
                          FFR Simfile Author
                          • Feb 2003
                          • 6583

                          #72
                          You guys are blowing things way out of proportion.
                          I watched clouds awobbly from the floor o' that kayak. Souls cross ages like clouds cross skies, an' tho' a cloud's shape nor hue nor size don't stay the same, it's still a cloud an' so is a soul. Who can say where the cloud's blowed from or who the soul'll be 'morrow? Only Sonmi the east an' the west an' the compass an' the atlas, yay, only the atlas o' clouds.

                          Comment

                          • evilbutterfly
                            FFR Player
                            • Apr 2003
                            • 5784

                            #73
                            Originally posted by Tasselfoot
                            Signups are Friday, 5pm and 10pm.

                            I, as the person who started this thread and set the times for everything without consulting anyone else (and nobody has had a problem with that....) said that host voting would start Tuesday morning at midnight (aka, Monday night)... and requsted hosts have their signup info to me beforehand. It wasn't "YOU MUST HAVE IT IN TO ME BEFORE MIDNIGHT OR YOU TURN TO PUMPKIN AND CAN'T RUN." Jeez. Flypie had hers to me BEFORE NOON on the next day... hell, if anything, she's at a huge disadvantage, because in the same theoretical world, signups ended 24 hours later, Tuesday night at midnight. So basically, Flypie had about 13 hours to get votes while Jurs had 24. Flypie still took down more votes.

                            Jesus people... enough with the bickering and fighting over ever little trivial thing. This is why the past few games have turned out so &*#$, in that you all are taking everything WAY TOO SERIOUSLY. Chill out, relax, smoke a bowl or something, and have some god damn fun. If you're going to be a hard assed pain for everyone else who is trying to have some fun, PLEASE DO NOT PLAY. I'd rather have everyone be inactive than have everyone (!@#! about trivial crap.
                            Who the hell are you and what have you done with Tass?!
                            So I've gone completely slack-ass and haven't done any work on creating games. =(

                            In less-depressing news, I got a job for an online business (which sells non-electronic games, of all things!) which has taught me a lot about marketing online and all that jazz.

                            So now I'm on Twitter @NoahWright.
                            And I write the blog for their website.

                            Plus I do cool programming in-house that you'll never see. =O

                            Comment

                            • HansSky
                              FFR Player
                              • Oct 2003
                              • 1925

                              #74
                              Yeah, seriously. You're certainly one to tell people to stop blowing things out of proportion.
                              hi

                              Comment

                              • Kilgamayan
                                Super Scooter Happy
                                FFR Simfile Author
                                • Feb 2003
                                • 6583

                                #75
                                Yeah, God forbid I ask people to follow rules.

                                I'm already aware of what will be requested of me if I sign up, and that I have the choice to sign up or not. You guys aside, I have far too much respect for the game itself to ruin it for my own petty reasons, and I'm disappointed that anyone here would think I would attempt to selfishly ruin the game by entering it and then dicking around and causing drama.

                                There's no need to underscore that TWG doesn't want drama. I don't want any more drama in my life either. I've had my fill of it at a0.com and BMS, both of which were on a higher level than some silly game.

                                Besides, whether I blew things out of proportion or not is irrelevant to the fact that others did as well. Stop trying to shift the blame.
                                I watched clouds awobbly from the floor o' that kayak. Souls cross ages like clouds cross skies, an' tho' a cloud's shape nor hue nor size don't stay the same, it's still a cloud an' so is a soul. Who can say where the cloud's blowed from or who the soul'll be 'morrow? Only Sonmi the east an' the west an' the compass an' the atlas, yay, only the atlas o' clouds.

                                Comment

                                Working...