TWG XXIV Host Signups! - Host Voting Tues - Signups Friday.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Chromer
    Hookers and Blow
    • Jul 2003
    • 4981

    #16
    RE: TWG XXIV Host Signups! - Host Voting Tues - Signups Frid

    Oh no you don't Tass. >_<

    Comment

    • GuidoHunter
      is against custom titles
      • Oct 2003
      • 7371

      #17
      flypie743

      I'd at least like to see the game played out.

      --Guido


      Originally posted by Grandiagod
      Originally posted by Grandiagod
      She has an asshole, in other pics you can see a diaper taped to her dead twin's back.
      Sentences I thought I never would have to type.

      Comment

      • nforcer06164
        FFR Player
        • Mar 2003
        • 4772

        #18
        flypie743

        Normal games are boring.

        PROUD OWNER OF TWO OMEGA FAVORS. YEAH, NICE TRY.
        Giant NES Controller (4 FEET) progress: PAINT IS DONE!
        Download my Wii Music Suite v1.0, and PM me with your input!

        Originally posted by Squeek
        My mind says "GOGOGOG" and my hands go "wut no scru u ***"

        Comment

        • Kilgamayan
          Super Scooter Happy
          FFR Simfile Author
          • Feb 2003
          • 6583

          #19
          JusreyRider734 because she at least got her signup in on time.
          I watched clouds awobbly from the floor o' that kayak. Souls cross ages like clouds cross skies, an' tho' a cloud's shape nor hue nor size don't stay the same, it's still a cloud an' so is a soul. Who can say where the cloud's blowed from or who the soul'll be 'morrow? Only Sonmi the east an' the west an' the compass an' the atlas, yay, only the atlas o' clouds.

          Comment

          • QreepyBORIS
            FFR Player
            • Feb 2003
            • 7454

            #20
            Kilga is a wolf because he is not coming up with valid reasons for wait a sec I'm early here.

            Flypie.

            Signature subject to change.

            THE ZERRRRRG.

            Comment

            • evilbutterfly
              FFR Player
              • Apr 2003
              • 5784

              #21
              I was gonna immediately vote for flypie just because of the comic strip, but the gameplay is meh. I guess I'll give her crazy game a chance, though. flypie~ ftw.
              So I've gone completely slack-ass and haven't done any work on creating games. =(

              In less-depressing news, I got a job for an online business (which sells non-electronic games, of all things!) which has taught me a lot about marketing online and all that jazz.

              So now I'm on Twitter @NoahWright.
              And I write the blog for their website.

              Plus I do cool programming in-house that you'll never see. =O

              Comment

              • lightdarkness
                Summer!!
                • Jul 2003
                • 11310

                #22
                fly

                Comment

                • evilbutterfly
                  FFR Player
                  • Apr 2003
                  • 5784

                  #23
                  Originally posted by lightdarkness
                  fly
                  TOTALLY UNEXPECTED
                  So I've gone completely slack-ass and haven't done any work on creating games. =(

                  In less-depressing news, I got a job for an online business (which sells non-electronic games, of all things!) which has taught me a lot about marketing online and all that jazz.

                  So now I'm on Twitter @NoahWright.
                  And I write the blog for their website.

                  Plus I do cool programming in-house that you'll never see. =O

                  Comment

                  • Tasselfoot
                    Retired BOSS
                    FFR Simfile Author
                    • Jul 2003
                    • 25185

                    #24
                    pretty fly for a white guy
                    RIP

                    Comment

                    • Afrobean
                      Admiral in the Red Army
                      • Dec 2003
                      • 13262

                      #25
                      Wow.

                      Democracy doesn't work.

                      Once again, you guys pick the most complex game (or in the case of eb, and surely, in secret, many others who have voted for Flypie, pick the more interesting story), rather than the best game.

                      You guys suck at picking things.

                      PS Yes I am bitter that the game I want to play isn't going to be played. But I'm also bitter that everyone has retarded opinions of what kind of TWG is best to play. Most of the people voting for Flypie's game are the ones who would BENEFIT from a few normal games, if you know what I mean.

                      Comment

                      • talisman
                        Resident Penguin
                        FFR Simfile Author
                        • May 2003
                        • 4598

                        #26
                        more like democracy does work and jurs' game lost. The "let's play all green simple as possible games" movement isn't as powerful as you think.

                        Comment

                        • Afrobean
                          Admiral in the Red Army
                          • Dec 2003
                          • 13262

                          #27
                          Talisman, I know it's not at all powerful.

                          That's what I'm mad about.

                          The simple games should have the strongest following. I have no idea what is going through these people's heads that makes them think that more complex and messed up is more fun.

                          PS I mean no offense to Flypie. It is obvious what she did for her game: Decide that she's going to make a C+H game, then build roles based on that. At least she wasn't just like "ok let's make some weird complex shit for no real reason."

                          Comment

                          • Tasselfoot
                            Retired BOSS
                            FFR Simfile Author
                            • Jul 2003
                            • 25185

                            #28
                            My reason for Flypie over Jurs is simple... MOST games are not balanced... the humans have become better after 23+ games and its now very hard for the wolves to win. Flypie's game gives the wolves an edge much moreso than Jurs'... Jurs' game won't be fun at all, it'll be a steamroll for the humans.

                            IMO, THAT is why people are picking Flypie's. I've never cared about what the story is.
                            RIP

                            Comment

                            • talisman
                              Resident Penguin
                              FFR Simfile Author
                              • May 2003
                              • 4598

                              #29
                              meh, afro, the simple games don't have the strongest following. People like shiny things, people like new things. It's just how people are.

                              Personally I'd be up for a green game if there were cardflipping, if it could be balanced.

                              Tass is right, too, although I'm not certain about flypie's game having an edge to the wolves (but I haven't really thought about it that much either).

                              edit: looking it over, actually, it almost seems to me like flypie's game favors the humans, more than the wolves. Suzie gets to roam only one night, and when she does there's a one in three chance (if she roams into a room with someone in it) that spaceman spiff will be there. Add in the factor that (like in the example given) calvin could be guarding hobbes and hobbes could be in the room where susie is roaming (or they could both be in the guarding room and guarding each other) plus the fact that Susie could easily be lynched by the time her power becomes most effective (towards the end of the game) and I think it's unlikely she'll be much of a threat.

                              The blues on the other hand could strike it huge... a double seering would be rediculous.

                              Comment

                              • Afrobean
                                Admiral in the Red Army
                                • Dec 2003
                                • 13262

                                #30
                                Tass, you may be voting for that reason, but the majority of people don't care about balance. They just want complex shit. I'm still confused as to why Tps never won considering how complex his was.

                                Also note: If people were voting according to making it more challenging, mine would have already been played.

                                Anyway, Tass, if your concern is that jurs' wouldn't be fair for the wolves, there are always things that could be done (ie more wolves, less blues, etc.) It's not hard to retouch a game for balance issues.

                                PS while I was typing this, Talisman posted:
                                Originally posted by Talisman
                                meh, afro, the simple games don't have the strongest following. People like shiny things, people like new things. It's just how people are.
                                I aggree completely. We TWGers are supposed to be more intelligent than that though.

                                Originally posted by Talisman
                                Personally I'd be up for a green game if there were cardflipping, if it could be balanced.
                                If I would have ever won, that is exactly how it would have been done.

                                Originally posted by Talisman
                                Tass is right, too, although I'm not certain about flypie's game having an edge to the wolves (but I haven't really thought about it that much either).
                                Tass is probably the only person wanting to play Flypie's game for that reason. It would make the game more interesting for (*GASP*) the blues and the reds, while making the game more (big surprise here) boring for the greens.

                                Comment

                                Working...