TWG XXIV Host Signups! - Host Voting Tues - Signups Friday.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • talisman
    Resident Penguin
    FFR Simfile Author
    • May 2003
    • 4598

    #31
    It's not about intelligence really... I don't see why a more intelligent person would necessarily prefer to play the same kind of game, when most games, regardless of their complexity, require the same amount of deductive and inductive analysis.

    Comment

    • QreepyBORIS
      FFR Player
      • Feb 2003
      • 7454

      #32
      We're so smart that we favor obsolecence to ingenuity!

      :P

      Signature subject to change.

      THE ZERRRRRG.

      Comment

      • talisman
        Resident Penguin
        FFR Simfile Author
        • May 2003
        • 4598

        #33
        Except that we don't... or is that the point? I'm confused. What are you saying is obsolete and what are you saying is ingenious? or nevermind because that doesn't matter.

        Comment

        • Afrobean
          Admiral in the Red Army
          • Dec 2003
          • 13262

          #34
          I think Qreepy is criticizing me for saying those with more intelligence should prefer standard games to complex crazy games.

          I don't blame him. I suppose one has to see the light to understand it.

          Comment

          • Tasselfoot
            Retired BOSS
            FFR Simfile Author
            • Jul 2003
            • 25185

            #35
            Actually, my feeling is that in Flypie's game the greens would be more important towards the humans winning as the blues will be playing less of a factor. THAT was my point.

            So, it is always up to the greens to make themselves active, but if they aren't in flypie's game.... i don't see the humans having a shot.
            RIP

            Comment

            • evilbutterfly
              FFR Player
              • Apr 2003
              • 5784

              #36
              For the record, the reason I picked flypie was the comic strip thing. Somebody could run with the most retarded idea ever but have flash animated stories and I would vote for them instantly. Hell, I still kinda don't like flypie at all (especially since she hates Comic Sans D=< ) but the comic just makes her instawin for hosting.
              So I've gone completely slack-ass and haven't done any work on creating games. =(

              In less-depressing news, I got a job for an online business (which sells non-electronic games, of all things!) which has taught me a lot about marketing online and all that jazz.

              So now I'm on Twitter @NoahWright.
              And I write the blog for their website.

              Plus I do cool programming in-house that you'll never see. =O

              Comment

              • GuidoHunter
                is against custom titles
                • Oct 2003
                • 7371

                #37
                Originally posted by talisman
                I don't see why a more intelligent person would necessarily prefer to play the same kind of game, when most games, regardless of their complexity, require the same amount of deductive and inductive analysis.
                Bing! We have a winner!

                And Afro, TWG is, above all, a game, so why would anyone vote for a boring game? Flypie's game is more interesting and will require little (if any) more thinking than Jurs's game. I realize that the game is as interesting as you make it, but new, different games give more incentive to try.

                To suggest people should want the same thing, over and over, just because they're smart is plain idiotic.

                --Guido


                Originally posted by Grandiagod
                Originally posted by Grandiagod
                She has an asshole, in other pics you can see a diaper taped to her dead twin's back.
                Sentences I thought I never would have to type.

                Comment

                • Afrobean
                  Admiral in the Red Army
                  • Dec 2003
                  • 13262

                  #38
                  Originally posted by GuidoHunter
                  Originally posted by talisman
                  I don't see why a more intelligent person would necessarily prefer to play the same kind of game, when most games, regardless of their complexity, require the same amount of deductive and inductive analysis.
                  Bing! We have a winner!

                  And Afro, TWG is, above all, a game, so why would anyone vote for a boring game? Flypie's game is more interesting and will require little (if any) more thinking than Jurs's game. I realize that the game is as interesting as you make it, but new, different games give more incentive to try.

                  To suggest people should want the same thing, over and over, just because they're smart is plain idiotic.
                  no ur

                  PS if you think that Flypie's game would require the same deductive analysis, then you probably missed the whole "going places" thing, and the whole "the wolves can kill blues if the special red shows up at the right place" thing.

                  Comment

                  • Tps222
                    FFR Player
                    • Nov 2004
                    • 6169

                    #39
                    So, you all like Fly's game because it is complex, but hate mine because it is complex? Explain please.

                    Comment

                    • talisman
                      Resident Penguin
                      FFR Simfile Author
                      • May 2003
                      • 4598

                      #40
                      There's more to think about but you don't think any harder about it. Total there's more thinking involved in a more complex game but the power of the thinking is the same.

                      So whether the game is simple or complex, people's intelligence isn't going to change. If we were doing an all green game it's not like we would be thinking harder and trying harder.

                      If a green becomes disinterested in a (well-balanced) game because they don't have as much to think about as a blue, then that's their problem... not the game's.

                      Comment

                      • blahblah18
                        FFR Player
                        • Aug 2004
                        • 1662

                        #41
                        its the lethargic "oh well I know what to do in specific situation X and god forbid I ever try thinking differently then preset ways I've been taught to" that keep any of my games from ever winning because people see "different" and think "oh noes whateves will lil ol me do.. I so scurred" It bothers me and really makes me think less of the population as a whole
                        but for now... postCount++

                        Comment

                        • GuidoHunter
                          is against custom titles
                          • Oct 2003
                          • 7371

                          #42
                          Originally posted by Afrobean
                          no ur

                          PS if you think that Flypie's game would require the same deductive analysis, then you probably missed the whole "going places" thing, and the whole "the wolves can kill blues if the special red shows up at the right place" thing.
                          How does the fact that a few people can go places change how people deduce who the wolves are through reason and logic from posts and game occurrences?

                          --Guido


                          Originally posted by Grandiagod
                          Originally posted by Grandiagod
                          She has an asshole, in other pics you can see a diaper taped to her dead twin's back.
                          Sentences I thought I never would have to type.

                          Comment

                          • Tps222
                            FFR Player
                            • Nov 2004
                            • 6169

                            #43
                            Flypie.

                            Comment

                            • Kilgamayan
                              Super Scooter Happy
                              FFR Simfile Author
                              • Feb 2003
                              • 6583

                              #44
                              Originally posted by evilbutterfly
                              For the record, the reason I picked flypie was the comic strip thing.
                              Glad the voters have their priorities in place.

                              I don't see why this is an issue at all - Jurs was the only person to get their signup in on time, so logically she should be the host.
                              I watched clouds awobbly from the floor o' that kayak. Souls cross ages like clouds cross skies, an' tho' a cloud's shape nor hue nor size don't stay the same, it's still a cloud an' so is a soul. Who can say where the cloud's blowed from or who the soul'll be 'morrow? Only Sonmi the east an' the west an' the compass an' the atlas, yay, only the atlas o' clouds.

                              Comment

                              • talisman
                                Resident Penguin
                                FFR Simfile Author
                                • May 2003
                                • 4598

                                #45
                                uber strictness not required in host signup thread?

                                Comment

                                Working...