Konami has acquired In The Groove

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Rebirth0
    FFR Originalbro
    FFR Simfile Author
    • Jun 2003
    • 8751

    #61
    Re: Konami has acquired In The Groove

    Originally posted by Kit-
    Fifty dollars says Konami just drops the ITG line.
    I seriously think they'll completely drop ITG. =/

    Comment

    • Synthlight
      Administrator
      FFR Simfile Author
      FFR Administrator
      • Nov 2002
      • 3060

      #62
      Re: Konami has acquired In The Groove

      I can't confirm what I do or do not know about the situation based on who I might or might not know. However, I can say that most of you are wrong.

      Have a good a night.

      Cheers,

      Synthlight

      Comment

      • Afrobean
        Admiral in the Red Army
        • Dec 2003
        • 13262

        #63
        Re: Konami has acquired In The Groove

        Originally posted by Kit-
        Fifty dollars says Konami just drops the ITG line.
        Even if they do, do you really think they won't use the concept to make DDR better?

        Comment

        • Synthlight
          Administrator
          FFR Simfile Author
          FFR Administrator
          • Nov 2002
          • 3060

          #64
          Re: Konami has acquired In The Groove

          Originally posted by Afrobean
          Even if they do, do you really think they won't use the concept to make DDR better?
          What concept? What was preventing them from using mines or other features in the first place?

          The same thing that prevented ITG from using arrows?

          Cheers,

          Synthlight

          Comment

          • Afrobean
            Admiral in the Red Army
            • Dec 2003
            • 13262

            #65
            Re: Konami has acquired In The Groove

            Originally posted by Synthlight
            What concept? What was preventing them from using mines or other features in the first place?

            The same thing that prevented ITG from using arrows?

            Cheers,

            Synthlight
            I guess.

            EDIT: Why doesn't Konami sue over SM? I'd think they'd care just as much about that.

            Comment

            • Synthlight
              Administrator
              FFR Simfile Author
              FFR Administrator
              • Nov 2002
              • 3060

              #66
              Re: Konami has acquired In The Groove

              Originally posted by Afrobean
              I guess.

              EDIT: Why doesn't Konami sue over SM? I'd think they'd care just as much about that.
              Because SM is not a competitor, it only furthers the music genre and pulls people in. You would probably hate to admit it but both SM and FFR have introduced hundreds of thousands of people to DDR.

              and that = $$ for Konami.

              Cheers,

              Synthlight

              Comment

              • Afrobean
                Admiral in the Red Army
                • Dec 2003
                • 13262

                #67
                Re: Konami has acquired In The Groove

                Originally posted by Synthlight
                Because SM is not a competitor, it only furthers the music genre and pulls people in. You would probably hate to admit it but both SM and FFR have introduced hundreds of thousands of people to DDR.

                and that = $$ for Konami.

                Cheers,

                Synthlight
                Haha.

                I'm one of those people. I get what you're saying, but if I was in Konami's seat, I'd go after SM anyway because of the illegal sharing of official Konami steps.

                Comment

                • Synthlight
                  Administrator
                  FFR Simfile Author
                  FFR Administrator
                  • Nov 2002
                  • 3060

                  #68
                  Re: Konami has acquired In The Groove

                  Originally posted by Afrobean
                  Haha.

                  I'm one of those people. I get what you're saying, but if I was in Konami's seat, I'd go after SM anyway because of the illegal sharing of official Konami steps.
                  That logic still makes no sense... Think about it.

                  Cheers,

                  Synthlight

                  Comment

                  • DJRiDDeR
                    God
                    FFR Simfile Author
                    • Sep 2003
                    • 2215

                    #69
                    Re: Konami has acquired In The Groove

                    No ITG3 anymore.

                    Comment

                    • Fimbulvetr
                      FFR Player
                      • May 2005
                      • 209

                      #70
                      Re: Konami has acquired In The Groove

                      I played FFR cause i needed a subsitute for DDR (didnt have a PS2)

                      Comment

                      • MixMasterLar
                        Beach Bum Extraordinaire
                        FFR Simfile Author
                        • Aug 2006
                        • 5403

                        #71
                        Re: Konami has acquired In The Groove

                        Originally posted by Synthlight
                        Because SM is not a competitor, it only furthers the music genre and pulls people in. You would probably hate to admit it but both SM and FFR have introduced hundreds of thousands of people to DDR.

                        and that = $$ for Konami.

                        Cheers,

                        Synthlight

                        Yeah I agree with ya,I would have never got superNOVA if not for FFR/SM. Konami stands no chance at taking down SM anyway,the only reason they sued Roxor was that ITG1 used old DDR mechines. (I think it was DDR 4th Mix mechines, but dont quote me on it.)
                        ​

                        Comment

                        • Dragula219
                          FFR Player
                          • Jul 2006
                          • 629

                          #72
                          Re: Konami has acquired In The Groove

                          It's fine with me as long as konami doesn't put lame ass music on ITG like they always do with DDR. There as always like 2 songs that are good on each version of DDR, and usually those two are just Paranoia and/or Max mixes.
                          Violent Skank is Violent!

                          Comment

                          • Snapps
                            NO DOUBT GET LOUD
                            FFR Simfile Author
                            • Sep 2003
                            • 5650

                            #73
                            Re: Konami has acquired In The Groove

                            i think if roxor lost, they would have to give up stepmania rights and they cant do that since they really dont 'own' it.

                            so the only way to go is to just hand itg over :f

                            Comment

                            • Neonatrias
                              MAЯISA
                              FFR Simfile Author
                              • Jan 2004
                              • 919

                              #74
                              Re: Konami has acquired In The Groove

                              Originally posted by DJRiDDeR
                              No ITG3 anymore.
                              You can't be sure of that.

                              Comment

                              • DJRiDDeR
                                God
                                FFR Simfile Author
                                • Sep 2003
                                • 2215

                                #75
                                Re: Konami has acquired In The Groove

                                www.ddruk.com front page news, ITG3 Machines/Console Games are canceled.

                                Comment

                                Working...