I fail to see the reason behind all the bickering. =/
Yeah, I'd say it's a good thing. Rather than having two machines at your local arcade just to play two games which are essentially the same, you'd have one machine with all the good of both machines combined.
I don't really see any strong points with DDR when comparing it to ITG. Although ddr has been around much longer, ITG has revolutionized Dance based rhythm games.
Roxor created harder songs, added many new mods such as mines, and in general have brought attention back to dance games
I don't really see any strong points with DDR when comparing it to ITG. Although ddr has been around much longer, ITG has revolutionized Dance based rhythm games.
Roxor created harder songs, added many new mods such as mines, and in general have brought attention back to dance games
It doesn't matter if you can't see any reason for liking DDR over ITG. Even if you can't see why anyone would like it better, there are people who like DDR better.
Personally, I like DDR's style, but ITG is great too, so an amalgamation of both would be that much better.
Afro, while I agree that a merge between DDR and ITG would be great, I don't think it'll happen. While I suppose it's possible Konami sued just to get the game's concepts, I highly doubt it.
Also, even if the games were merged, that has no say in what music makes it in. Kyle Ward might not want to roll with Konami and sign his music over, for example.
I agree too but it just makes me wonder if they'll even continue considering DDR sat on its ass for like 3 years and kept anxious players waiting for new and more challenging step charts and if not for ITG Supernova might not have even come out so.
And the fact that its Konami America now, from what I've seen from DDR Extreme 2 and Supernova for the consol, absolute garbage. I'm not sure if ITG would really benefit from their help.
Not to mention I heard they're upping the price of the machines when they were already expensive enough so they'll probly sell less.
I agree too but it just makes me wonder if they'll even continue considering DDR sat on its ass for like 3 years and kept anxious players waiting for new and more challenging step charts and if not for ITG Supernova might not have even come out so.
And the fact that its Konami America now, from what I've seen from DDR Extreme 2 and Supernova for the consol, absolute garbage. I'm not sure if ITG would really benefit from their help.
Not to mention I heard they're upping the price of the machines when they were already expensive enough so they'll probly sell less.
::applauds Novacaine for great speech::
This is what I've been trying to say all along, but no one else seems to get the whole point. Your post FTW, end of discussion.
Yea, you guys should quit your complaining, it's all part of their master plan to create Pump It Up: In The Dance Dance Groove Revolution Megamix Extreme Super Nova Platinum Edition for the PS3 consisting of enchanced cg graphics, motion sensors and online via Wi-Max connection.
This not happening is like FFR not slowly becoming the next MySpace/YouTube/Flickr/Del.icio.us/Google/Yahoo/AIM/MSN Games/X-Box 360/Nintendo Wii mega site that it's slowly/corporately becoming for the government to bash at for making the kids of America steal and drive cars around blocks and making em practice dancing like freaks without actually doing so.
But I have all hope towards In The Groove, it'll probably end up being Activision and Konami powered with mainstream, independent and an assortment of DDR songs in it, which isn't bad as long as the arcade machine's have previous songs, no features are removed and I still get to play songs with my hands (and knees) on the hardest mode possible with every mod I can think of, to make it look I'm more than good... A FREAK!!!!
Katoh I predicted the whole FFR/Myspace thing eons ago so get your own theory. :P
Anyways, I agree with Afrobean. Now that Konami has the property rights for ITG, what's not stopping them from combing DDR and ITG and making the greatest dance game of all time?
You Elitist DDR and ITG fanboys are only thinking of yourselves and not the whole picture at scope.
DDR: Rhythm based game that appeals to all types with moderate to difficult stepcharts and easily recognizable songs to dance to.
ITG: Rhythm based game that appealed to the more hardcore group of DDR with difficult to extremely difficult stepcharts and mods and more underground music than DDR.
Where is there a major difference? There isn't one. Stop bitching and complaining and just accept the fact that ITG is now apart of Konami.
Comment