Guitar Hero. Awesome.

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Cyanite
    SIT THE **** DOWN.
    FFR Simfile Author
    • Feb 2007
    • 1174

    #1816
    Re: Guitar Hero. Awesome.

    For One, keep your index on the lowest note you're playing and move the other two as fast as possible while strumming as fast as possible. That's really the only way you can play it since it's way too fast to play accurately for most people.


    Originally posted by KgZ
    oh yeah girls love it when I stick my massive arm in their mouth

    Comment

    • Tibs
      FFR Player
      • May 2006
      • 5235

      #1817
      Re: Guitar Hero. Awesome.

      ignore the orange note in mosh1

      you don't need to hit it to keep your life up

      Metal covers of vidya game songs

      Comment

      • Reach
        FFR Simfile Author
        FFR Simfile Author
        • Jun 2003
        • 7471

        #1818
        Re: Guitar Hero. Awesome.

        Seems silly to develop that bad habit though. Just play Raining blood normally, strumming consistently 8th notes probably. This is going to take a lot of practice on slowest etc, but that's expected. Make sure to use your SP right before death.

        It's not like Guitar hero is Chess and you can use tactics and strats. If you can't do it, it might just mean you have to improve, and that takes time.

        The technique Cyanite laid out for One seems to be the best though. It's very easy to mash that way, and it is not hard at all to pass as long as you have at least 2 sp phrases under your belt to release in the solo.



        Anyway, I got like 92% on TTFAF...and STILL a 4* !!!!!! ...I don't even need sp any more in the solo to pass. It's incredibly easy to keep my rock meter at max the whole time, but I miss sort of consistently through the whole song, not keeping 4x long enough I guess.

        I think if I could combo the runs that go like 'RGRYRYRYRGRYRYRYRG' or a variant of, I could 5* it easily, since the points I lose from missing the transition and not holding my 4x is quite a bit when you think about it.
        Last edited by Reach; 02-2-2008, 10:13 PM.

        Comment

        • Slinkyyyyyy
          FFR Player
          • Aug 2007
          • 502

          #1819
          Re: Guitar Hero. Awesome.

          Wow i really need a job so i can start playing Guitar hero, and of course use the guitar sons.











          Aim = DOOMrecord

          http://www.kongregate.com/

          Comment

          • who_cares973
            FFR Player
            • Aug 2006
            • 15407

            #1820
            Re: Guitar Hero. Awesome.

            the mosh one on raining blood is easy for me.... i need a new guitar though haha


            btw who doesnt tap the intro on TTFaF?

            Comment

            • Cyanite
              SIT THE **** DOWN.
              FFR Simfile Author
              • Feb 2007
              • 1174

              #1821
              Re: Guitar Hero. Awesome.

              Originally posted by Reach
              I think if I could combo the runs that go like 'RGRYRYRYRGRYRYRYRG' or a variant of, I could 5* it easily, since the points I lose from missing the transition and not holding my 4x is quite a bit when you think about it.
              That section is extremely easy to combo, but it depends on how you're playing it.

              If you're playing it with 3 fingers, that's your problem. Play the red and yellow notes with your index and middle fingers and anytime there's a green, slide your hand up to hit it. Don't strum, either. Believe me, it's much easier. If I can combo it like this every time I'm almost positive you can too.

              Unless you just have a problem with that type of pattern, I don't know :/


              Originally posted by KgZ
              oh yeah girls love it when I stick my massive arm in their mouth

              Comment

              • Tibs
                FFR Player
                • May 2006
                • 5235

                #1822
                Re: Guitar Hero. Awesome.

                passed TDWDTG co-op X/X with 470k weeeee

                Metal covers of vidya game songs

                Comment

                • Reach
                  FFR Simfile Author
                  FFR Simfile Author
                  • Jun 2003
                  • 7471

                  #1823
                  Re: Guitar Hero. Awesome.

                  Originally posted by Cyanite
                  That section is extremely easy to combo, but it depends on how you're playing it.

                  If you're playing it with 3 fingers, that's your problem. Play the red and yellow notes with your index and middle fingers and anytime there's a green, slide your hand up to hit it. Don't strum, either. Believe me, it's much easier. If I can combo it like this every time I'm almost positive you can too.

                  Unless you just have a problem with that type of pattern, I don't know :/
                  It took quite a bit of practice but I see percisely what was wrong. I was using 3 fingers, but it was more than just that.

                  Even when I switched to what you were saying I couldn't do it :S The problem was actually with my hammering on/off. I was lifting my index finger, rather than planting it and just tapping the third note. It's incredibly hard to do it when you lift your fingers, but easier if you plant and tap it <_>

                  I need to work on my technique. I honestly think that it's the biggest roadblock for me right now...bad habits.
                  Last edited by Reach; 02-3-2008, 06:15 PM.

                  Comment

                  • hoochan
                    woah shrooms
                    • Nov 2005
                    • 3838

                    #1824
                    Re: Guitar Hero. Awesome.

                    How could you beat TtFaF but not beat One? I beat One on my first try and can't even get pass the intro on TtFaf.

                    PS-I'm one song away from beating Expert. All I need is Raining Blood and Mosh1 is killing me lmfao /wrists

                    Comment

                    • [TeRa]
                      FFR Player
                      • May 2007
                      • 9922

                      #1825
                      Re: Guitar Hero. Awesome.

                      Originally posted by who_cares973
                      btw who doesnt tap the intro on TTFaF?
                      one friend doesnt tap it, he does it one handed, he hasnt passed the song yet, i think the furthers he got was 81%, he's done the beginning a bunch of times one handed, he cant seem to do both hands on the neck.

                      anyway, i got pissed off today forget why, and i snapped the whammy bar off my controller (oops)

                      but its not affecting me too much yet, although i plan on getting a new guitar soon, me and my friend i was talking about above have been competing with each other on stuff pretty much, and we wrote all our scores out and update them as we play in our aim profiles.

                      here's my scores.

                      Slow Ride - 189,734
                      Talk Dirty to Me - 300,246
                      Hit Me With Your Best Shot - 174,526
                      Story Of My Life - 356,827
                      Rock and Roll All Nigte - 1578,669

                      Mississippi Queen - 120,941
                      School's Out - 120,200
                      Sunshine of Your Love - 199,223
                      Barracuda - 242,642
                      Bulls on Parade - 273,022

                      When You Were Young - 275,316
                      Miss Murder - 304,196

                      The Seeker - 238,948
                      Lay Down - 253,618
                      Paint it Black - 290,814

                      Paranoid - 295,623
                      Anarchy in the U.K. - 274, 577
                      Kool Thing - 228,838
                      My Name Is Jonas - 320,130
                      Even Flow - 288,836

                      Holiday In Cambodia - 380,891
                      Rock You Like A Hurricane - 208,084
                      Same Old Song and Dance - 144,951
                      La Grange - 180,568
                      Welcome To The Jungle - 245,263

                      Black Magic Woman - 164,222
                      Cherub Rock - 246,703
                      Black Sunshine - 170,668
                      The Metal - 184,661
                      Pride and Joy - 208,966

                      Before I forget - 284,038
                      Stricken - 367,777
                      3's & 7's - 282,432
                      Knights of Cydonia - 299,150 (have 5 starred on my friends xbox, havent played since though)
                      Cult Of Personality - 200,704 (no star power)

                      Raining Blood - 171,239
                      Cliffs Of Dover - 186,458
                      The Number of the Beast - 323,264
                      One - 301,131


                      Total Score - 9,734,489


                      100%
                      5 Star
                      4 Star


                      edit: my cult of personality is no star power to get the achievement, haven't played it since.
                      Last edited by [TeRa]; 02-5-2008, 01:04 PM.

                      Comment

                      • f1ng3rman7
                        FFR Player
                        • Dec 2006
                        • 35

                        #1826
                        Re: Guitar Hero. Awesome.

                        Originally posted by hoochan
                        How could you beat TtFaF but not beat One? I beat One on my first try and can't even get pass the intro on TtFaf.

                        PS-I'm one song away from beating Expert. All I need is Raining Blood and Mosh1 is killing me lmfao /wrists
                        Wait, yeah how could you beat TtFatF and not one?

                        Funny though, I got passed the bridge on One on Hard and it's the same bridge on Expert though I kept screwing it up.

                        I'm 2 from beating Expert. I was trying to do Raining Blood yesterday. Mosh1 also kills me. I'm surprised that I did it on Hard. I'm surprised I even passed DwDtG. Lou kicked my ass 15+ times. I really hate the lefty flip and double notes on that song.

                        Comment

                        • [TeRa]
                          FFR Player
                          • May 2007
                          • 9922

                          #1827
                          Re: Guitar Hero. Awesome.

                          for raining blood's mosh, i suggest this.
                          it goes:

                          |x| | | | |
                          | |x| | | |
                          | | |x| | |
                          | | | |x| |
                          |x| | | | |
                          | |x| | | |
                          | | |x| | |
                          | | | |x| |
                          | | | | |x|
                          |x| | | | |
                          | |x| | | |
                          | | |x| | |
                          | | | |x| |
                          |x| | | | |
                          | |x| | | |
                          | | |x| | |
                          | | | |x| |
                          | | | | |x|
                          |x| | | | |
                          | |x| | | |
                          | | |x| | |
                          | | | |x| |
                          |x| | | | |
                          | |x| | | |
                          | | |x| | |
                          | | | |x| |
                          | | | | |x|

                          Try to move your hand like this. Start with your pinky on orange, ring on blue, middle on yellow, index on red. Then slide your hand up for the green and hit it with your index, then keep your hand in that position for the next part. begin that with pinky on blue, ring on yellow, middle on red, index on green, which is where your hand should be after you do the first part. I also strum 8th's the whole time. I usualy hit 4x multiplier a few times doing that, and I stay in the green bar the whole time.

                          Hope that helps, if it even makes sense.
                          Last edited by [TeRa]; 02-5-2008, 01:25 PM.

                          Comment

                          • dore
                            caveman pornstar
                            FFR Simfile Author
                            FFR Music Producer
                            • Feb 2006
                            • 6317

                            #1828
                            Re: Guitar Hero. Awesome.

                            Good idea, I should try that.
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IREnpHco9mw

                            Comment

                            • Reach
                              FFR Simfile Author
                              FFR Simfile Author
                              • Jun 2003
                              • 7471

                              #1829
                              Re: Guitar Hero. Awesome.

                              I officially love Cyanite.

                              5*'d TTFAF first run after training only for the past while. 599k, 93%. !!!!!!!!!!!! I actually missed an SP though because of an accidental strum, so I lost around 20k because I had no sp in the easy strum section. I also messed up badly at the end (tried to tap it and nearly failed). I should be able to break 650k with a lucky run at my current skill level.

                              Though, I did randomly out of nowhere FC the whole keyboard part (goes like RYRYRGRYBOBYRGRYRYR) before the easy strum section even though I usually miss a lot there. The improved technique is making solos a lot easier.

                              Now if only there was a good technique for Mosh 1 D:
                              Last edited by Reach; 02-5-2008, 06:46 PM.

                              Comment

                              • Tibs
                                FFR Player
                                • May 2006
                                • 5235

                                #1830
                                Re: Guitar Hero. Awesome.

                                Originally posted by Reach
                                Now if only there was a good technique for Mosh 1 D:
                                Move your fingers really fast.

                                p.s. Grats on ttfaf O_O

                                p.p.s. brb getting my scores to post like tera did~

                                Metal covers of vidya game songs

                                Comment

                                Working...