FFR 6th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 5

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • rayword45
    Local Teenage Wastebasket
    FFR Simfile Author
    • Feb 2007
    • 3212

    #91
    Re: FFR 6th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 5

    Originally posted by sticklydude
    95% of my plays on spanish are this:

    QFT.

    Also, does anybody have an estimate on how fast to go during that stupid-ass trill? The colors confuse the hell out of me so I end up doing random ass shit there and spilling goods.
    The above post has a 50% chance of being useless. Potentially. Maybe.

    BEST AAAs: WANDERLUST, Pandora, Necropotence, Mourning The Lost, Eradication, Feldschlacht

    Hey, we need some users on this site. Please join.

    And if you have not recommended any albums yet, do so. Please. I have a goal to reach. Here.
    NO WAIT THAT SHIT'S OLD GO HERE INSTEAD.

    Comment

    • TC_Halogen
      Rhythm game specialist.
      FFR Simfile Author
      FFR Music Producer
      • Feb 2008
      • 19376

      #92
      Re: FFR 6th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 5

      It plays almost like 24ths. Imagine the two right arrows as 8th notes, with the notes between being spaced at even intervals.

      The trill in spanish can be approximated almost to 24ths, but not quite. Examine the spacing between two notes and judge the spacing of notes in between notes of the trill and attack accordingly.

      Comment

      • kjwkjw
        >w<
        FFR Simfile Author
        • Sep 2007
        • 2585

        #93
        Re: FFR 6th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 5

        Here we go...

        (D1) La Cereza Caliente - First off, congrats again to Brandon for getting a file ingame and joining the orange side! :3
        Although the song itself isn't particularly memorable, the chart was pretty enjoyable. Nice pace and layering throughout. I'll be looking forward to more files from ya!


        (D2) Stay Crunchy - Haha, such a difficulty gap from D1
        Not much to say about this; thought it was pretty cool. Good practice for jacks and different patterns.


        (D3) spanish - bmah + MN. Was definitely expecting a great file, and that's what I got.
        Very expressive and well-executed. It also tests a lot of different skills like 24th stream, trills, color bursts, so that's a bonus!
        EDIT: forgot to mention that I've been introduced to the artist (katoh) by someone else here on FFR - would definitely like to see the guy's other works in-game as well, especially car select =P


        (D4) Colorful Course - Neat song I found on Yuuyu's site - had to step it the first time I heard it.
        Actually surprised at the (generally) positive feedback I've been getting for this. I think I should've made the jumpstream sections a bit more interesting - it feels kinda plain hahah. I hope you all still have fun with this! (and for anyone who likes the song, good news: there are more Yuuyu songs in the queue atm :3!)


        (D5) Magical Higan Tour 2009 - mmm, I hear familiar melodies.
        Good fast paced file with a cool song to boot. Playing this one feels kinda similar to Of course... just with more 24ths and 32nds, heh.


        (D6) Zombie Sunset - Yikes, now I know why AJ said something along the lines of this being consistently relentless.
        When I saw the artist was dev/null, I was expecting something much more chaotic-sounding than this one, haha. But I'm not fond of songs that get too chaotic so that's a good thing :3
        Overall this is a pretty cool file. Didn't feel like there was a specific part that's significantly harder than the rest of the chart - but my lack of stamina still makes me get more goods on this than I get on most FGO's, haha.
        Last edited by kjwkjw; 12-17-2011, 07:28 AM.


        Goodbye and good riddance, military service (February 23, 2015 ~ February 22, 2017)
        Project Sekai 535

        Comment

        • Hateandhatred
          "The Quebec Steparatist."
          FFR Simfile Author
          • Feb 2011
          • 1974

          #94
          Re: FFR 6th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 5

          Originally posted by kjwkjw
          Words
          All very interesting and brought really inspiring info for my future reviews! Nice to hear your well put input...

          Kjwkjw! (Couldnt resist, but ok, isnt funny anymore)
          Forgot where I put my old sig lol

          Comment

          • sticklydude
            r.i.p. tiny hippo
            FFR Simfile Author
            • Jan 2007
            • 2165

            #95
            Re: FFR 6th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 5

            oooh god oh god oh god. I just wanna give up on spanish because of the intro, but i feel like i cant because it's the top 8 ;__;

            Comment

            • rayword45
              Local Teenage Wastebasket
              FFR Simfile Author
              • Feb 2007
              • 3212

              #96
              Re: FFR 6th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 5

              Someone please video an AAA of spanish so I can observe and copy-cat that damn trill.

              I can AAA everything except that trill, but I spill several goods there.

              Or, isolation file?
              The above post has a 50% chance of being useless. Potentially. Maybe.

              BEST AAAs: WANDERLUST, Pandora, Necropotence, Mourning The Lost, Eradication, Feldschlacht

              Hey, we need some users on this site. Please join.

              And if you have not recommended any albums yet, do so. Please. I have a goal to reach. Here.
              NO WAIT THAT SHIT'S OLD GO HERE INSTEAD.

              Comment

              • .Gazelle.
                Mr. Skeltal
                FFR Simfile Author
                • Oct 2010
                • 1506

                #97
                Re: FFR 6th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 5

                is it possible for someone to isolate that trill?


                Originally posted by LeKrispyKreme
                Rap music is music. However, It's not in the traditional sense of how we understand music. The vocals are filled with slangs that gangs used since the 70s and a lot of the instrumentations are replaced with "Street Sounds" instead of traditional instruments. Music is defined as any combination of sounds that is pleasing to the ear, so while one person may find it as "noise" another person can find it pleasing to the ear and so call "vibe" with it as how I think the kids would say it these days.

                Comment

                • YoshL
                  Celestial Harbor
                  FFR Simfile Author
                  FFR Music Producer
                  • Aug 2008
                  • 6156

                  #98
                  Re: FFR 6th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 5

                  Originally posted by .Gazelle.
                  is it possible for someone to isolate that trill?
                  relax, and just hit it naturally. it really shouldn't be that big of a deal to hit properly if you're calm about it.


                  Originally posted by Charu
                  Only yours, for an easy price of $19.99! You too can experience the wonders of full motion rump sticking.

                  Comment

                  • TheSaxRunner05
                    The Doctor
                    • Apr 2006
                    • 6144

                    #99
                    Re: FFR 6th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 5

                    I'm in trouble .... I keep getting over 20 goods when I run it straight through, or I keep restarting within the first 400 notes, to no avail

                    Edit:// I get a good every time I mini jack into a jump $#@&
                    Last edited by TheSaxRunner05; 12-17-2011, 11:36 PM.


                    Comment

                    • Magicturbo
                      Beatrix~
                      • Jul 2008
                      • 1508

                      #100
                      Re: FFR 6th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 5

                      Originally posted by TheSaxRunner05
                      I'm in trouble .... I keep getting over 20 goods when I run it straight through, or I keep restarting within the first 400 notes, to no avail

                      Edit:// I get a good every time I mini jack into a jump $#@&
                      Twas the story of my life ... WC told me to offset it by 1 and go to hit the jacks a bit early... I found it REALLY helped once I figured out the timing with the added offset and look at my score now

                      Comment

                      Working...